OOC First Name
Anna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Regardless of being divorced, and still facing the aftermath of such a big change in his life, Colin had enjoyed attending a wedding with James. The bride and groom seemed genuinely in love and he was relieved to see it, and happy to support them even if he did barely know them. Colin wasn’t fully able to admit it to himself, but seeing people marry genuinely had given him a new lease on the idea, as if he might want to marry again someday, if he loved someone completely, rather than as a way to hide who he truly was. Smiling to himself, Colin chatted idly with James as they began to make their way back to his flat, eventually flooing to a spot nearby and having to walk a few blocks together. It was hardly an issue to walk for a while, Colin certainly wasn’t about to complain when it meant he had extra time to spend with James before they parted ways for the rest of the night. The peace of the twilight around them made Colin feel relaxed and content, and as if nothing in the world could bother him as they walked, and the wine he had consumed at the wedding definitely added to his calmness. “It was a beautiful ceremony really, and the wine was good, of course.” Colin mused, looking over to James as he spoke. “How are you feeling about the wedding?” He then asked, wanting to hear James’ thoughts.​

James always loved weddings. Not that he was particularly close to the couple, Sapphire was best friends with the groom's sister in law. But it had been fun seeing the children perform. He was fairly certain Ember had a thing for the boy she had performed with, and Amaya had been sulking more than usual all evening. He was glad it was Jayces' children with issues this week and not his own.

He had, therefore, had no issue sending the twins home alone with Jordie- they could handle themselves for a while so he could take Colin home. He walked alongside the man, keeping his hands firmly in his pockets so he didn't try to misbehave and hold Colin's hand. James was determined to respect Colin's boundaries. James personally had none, but he knew how to respect them nonetheless.

James chuckled at Colin's question. "That's a question you don't want to ask, Col." He teased lightly. "I've always been a terrible romantic. I helped plan my brother's wedding, you know. Cried like a babe the whole time." He was used to ignoring the twist his heart did when he talked about Sarah and Jackson. "Little Kira did a wonderful job planning the wedding- it was beautiful, but not so overwhelming as to take away from the Bride." He bit his lip, shaking his head to clear it. He knew he would never be able to have a wedding of his own, and that tended to make him gush over other weddings. He glanced up to Colin, giving him a smile. "Did you have a good time?"

Not wanting to ruin James’ night by asking more about his late brother’s wedding, even if he was curious to hear about it, Colin commented on Kira’s planning instead, nodding in agreement that she had done a great job. “I think the whole event was lovely. I had a wonderful time, it was nice being there with you and your family.” It had been difficult for Colin to process the feeling at first, though by the time the wedding was over he had fully accepted it felt right to be there with James. Even if Colin did not know many, or most of the people there being there with James was right and he felt it was all meant to be somehow. “I felt very comfortable being there with you.” Colin added after a few moments, still smiling as he looked to James with warmth in his eyes. Comfortable was a bit of an understatement if he was honest, the more time he had spent with James the more normal it felt, as if it was necessary, as if he were home and any fears he once had were nearly silent in the back of his mind. He wasn’t entirely free from his worries and he never thought he would be, but it had been a while since the fear in the back of his mind was loud enough to bother him, the sound of it all fading to a manageable volume he could ignore, and as a result he was entirely relaxed around James.​

“I’ve been comfortable with you for a while now, you know, and it means a lot to me.” Colin continued speaking, saying his thoughts aloud. “Thank you for being yourself, and being supportive in spending time with me, and being patient.” Colin paused his steps to turn to James completely, the honesty in admitting his feelings allowing him to lean over and press a soft kiss to James’ cheek in appreciation. For a little while he had considered sharing how he felt to James, although had not found the right moment until that night. It might have been the few glasses of wine in his system, the happiness from seeing a young couple in love and getting married, or everything combined, but regardless of the reason he was sure he liked James and was happy to share how he felt in the current moment.​

Last edited:
James grinned. "Good, I'm glad you had a good time." He murmured softly, walking a little closer to the other man. He took a deep breath, enjoying the dusk as the day ended. He turned his attention back to Colin, pausing as the man spoke again. His breath caught at Colin's words. "Yeah?" He breathed, heart thumping wildly in his chest. He bit his lip as Colin kissed his cheek, sucking in a breath as a shudder ran through him. "Colin," he breathed, looking up at the other man with bated breath and a blush on his cheeks. The world seemed to slow down around him as he looked into Colin's eyes. Hesitantly, James raised a hand and set it lightly on Colin's chest, not breaking eye contact.

Colin didn’t expect the moment that passed to be so intense, but that was how it played out. He felt butterflies fluttering around in his stomach as James pressed a hand to his chest, and for the first time since Colin could remember, he was wholeheartedly comfortable with the intimacy as he looked into James’ eyes. For a moment his gaze darted to James’ lips. After being in a limbo with James for so long, Colin’s boundaries restricting him to only feeling comfortable with sporadic cheek kisses and lingering hugs, he finally wanted more, to cross the barrier that fear had put up for him because there were no longer fears loud enough in his mind to maintain the barrier. He was left comfortable and wanting more, happy sharing his feelings to James and now happy to take another step forward with his affections. It was a step he was finally ready for, one he wanted to take with every fiber of his being. Granted, if that was what James wanted, too. Colin soon opened his mouth to ask, moving to place his hands on James’ shoulders. “James, is it alright if I kiss you?” He smiled down at James as he waited for an answer, too relaxed from the wine he drank at the wedding and too content from having such a lovely evening to worry over the possibility James would reject him.​

James hardly dared to breath as he looked up at Colin. "Yes," he breathed, pushing up on tiptoe and leaning a little closer himself to encourage Colin. His heart thundered painfully in his chest as he brought his other hand up to rest lightly on Colin's neck.

Colin breathed shakily when James said yes, and swallowed nervously as he moved one of his hands to gently cup James’ face. He slowly leaned down, and pressed his lips gently against James’, lingering for a moment before pulling away and smiling as he pressed another kiss to James’ cheek. He soon moved his head away to move some of James’ hair away from his face. “I don’t want to overwhelm you, but I think after everything, I’m finally comfortable enough to um, date.” Colin admitted, voice quiet as to not disturb the moment that was unfolding. “I want to date you officially, do you also want that?” Colin returned to his full height and smiled as he waited for James’ answer. He was so taken over by the butterflies from kissing James properly and for the first time, that he still wasn’t worried about James rejecting him, as if he was on cloud nine and nothing could bring him back to earth. It was welcomed, Colin was completely comfortable and felt he was doing the right thing, sure that even if James rejected him, he would be happy that he was honest in his feelings and most importantly, honest to himself this was what he really wanted. It was a reminder of how much progress he had made since coming out of the closet, and no matter what happened next, he knew he would be proud of himself for trying.​

James gripped Colin's shirt tightly, holding his breath as he and Colin kissed. He wanted to whimper, to press closer, but he kept himself in check. Don't push don't push don't push, he chanted quietly to himself. He tried not to protest as Colin pulled back, freezing up as Colin spoke again. "You… you want to be my boyfriend?" He couldn't help the smile that broke over his face. "I- you- we- yes!" He bit his lip to keep from laughing ecstatically, unthinkingly brushing a hand over Colin's face to tangle in his hair at the nape of his neck.

James squeaked as he realized what he'd done, pulling both hands quickly back to himself. He fell back a little laughing nervously. "Dating- us, yeah- heh," he tucked both arms behind his back, looking away and blushing. "Don't push, don't push don't push," he whispered quietly to himself.

Colin chuckled happily, his smile widening as James said yes, agreeing to be his boyfriend. He wanted to scream and jump up and down, over the moon to know that they were now official, and that James felt the same way about him. Colin had never thought it would be possible for the rest of his life, after burying the desire to have a boyfriend for many years, but it was possible and had now become a reality in front of his eyes. He could barely believe it, he was so ecstatic. “We’re boyfriends.” Colin said, mostly to confirm to himself that the moment was real, as his happiness overwhelmed him. He felt his eyes water a little and blinked to hide it. "I’m so happy, thank you for everything, again.” Colin uttered as he pulled James in for a hug, waiting a little while so he could hold James in his arms, before he pulled away to kiss James again, this time more confidently. He smiled into the kiss, feeling as if he had died and gone to heaven, or that he was in some unbelievable romance novel, the moment was so perfect. It was the perfect way to end what had been a wonderful day, and Colin couldn’t have imagined it would go so well.​

After a little while, Colin reluctantly pulled away, knowing he couldn't stand in the street for too long with James close to him. He still needed to make his way home before it got too late. "Alright, how about I make you a cup of tea before you go home. I'd love to organize when I can see you next." Colin suggested, moving to hold James' hand as he led the way to his flat.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back