Let It Out And Let It In...

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
There was only one star in the sky, that night. Angela hadn't gone to any classes her 3rd year, and didn't care. She didn't want to deal with any teachers asking about her loss, or talking to her about her baby cousin. She just wanted to be alone sometimes. So she had started her own ritual, of laying behind the rosebush, and looking at the stars. The sky was still pink, just barely transitioning over into the midnight blue it normally was. Soon the sky would be filled with millions of angels, and Sarah would be there, and Kairi, and her dad... She sat up. She didn't want to cry. she held close to her a poem she had written, she was going to read it that night, as if Sarah was right there with her. She could barely hold back the tears, looking up as another star slowly made it's appearance. She wrapped her robe around her more securely. She cursed herself for being so weak. She thought of everything she could have done, and if Sarah had only stayed away. It was Kari's fault, he's the one that got her pregnant. And Now Kala was gone too! At the Thought of her best friend being gone, a tear spilled over. Where was Kala now? She was... just gone, everything that Angela had loved and hoped for would never happen. Skyle had to quit school just to help take care of the baby... This was disater. And all angela wanted was someone to tlak to. oh, she had been mean to everyone not too long ago, who could honestly like her now. It was probably Karma's way of saying haha.

It was probably all her fault.

-Untitled-
Where Did All My Time Go,
When Did it Slip Away,
Why Is it That in The Night,
I Only See Your Face.

Sarah, I've Been Crying,
I'm Sorry And i Know,
That Since You're up In Heaven,
I'm Supposed To Let you Go.

Kairi Reminds Me of You,
Except She's Got his Eyes,
I'm Glad She's Still Innocent,
Doesn't Have To See The Lies.

And Me, You Ask?
Well, I Don't Know, To Tell You The Truth,
Because When I prey At Night...
I'm preying just For You.

By: Angela Marion

The transition had begun, between day and night, and Dakota had decided that it was good enough weather to go for a walk outside the castle. Of course, it was getting a little late, but, as Dakota did not see any members of staff on the way out, she assumed that all was well and that she could gain access to the grounds without any complications. Dakota walked towards the lakefront, with its glistening water. It was such a beautiful night. Unfortunately, not everyone seemed as upbeat.

As Dakota went to sit down at the lake's edge, she saw something out the corner of her eye. Something was not far from her.. In fact, turning her head slightly, Dakota could see, whatever it was, was just behind the rose bush. She took out her wand. Of course, Dakota thought the best of people, but it was always best to check. "Homenum revelio." She breathed. A second later, a strange for was outlined. Well, obviously another student was out here, but it took Dakota a moment to realize that they were just laying there. Dakota was instantly alert, walking at a fast pace towards the person. Were they hurt? Were they conscious? But then, movement. She could hear speech and, a moment later, when all was silent once more, Dakota reached the rosebush, looking down at the girl. She recognized her as a fellow Ravenclaw.

Dakota stood in silence for a minute, observing the situation, considering what to say. As a Ravenclaw, she liked to judge a situation fully before she jumped. As she looked over the girl's face, she could see a tear. Dakota felt her heart give a familiar, sympathetic twinge. "Hey," she said softly, crouching down, "what's wrong?"

The nighttime breeze was cold on Angela's skin. While she read the poem it blew, making it so difficult for her to read off of the paper. she took the fleece she had been sitting on, and wrapped it around her shoulders; she was stil cold. It was the type of coldness that would be gone with just a blanket, or even a thousand blankets. Angela's chill came from the inside out, she was cold because she knew that no one was there for her. Two years ago, this time, she would have someone there. She wouldn't have to worry about being cold. Adam would be there, Skyle would be there, she could write a letter to Sarah; but now... Now, she was alone. She cried more, let the tears seep from her eyes, no one could see her. No one would know. But, Angela was wrong.

Normally, Angela would know she was being watched, she would sense the eyes and hear the footsteps or the murmured spell; but she was too filled up with sorrow to even think about a person being out there. That was, until she heard a soft voice. Angela jumped away, startled. She landed on her behind, her hands supporting her body. She had that deer in the headlights look, having been startled so bad that she was near shaking. She just stared at the girl, a Ravenclaw that she had seen around the common room before. She didn't speak, she was afraid that her voice would shake, or that she'd say something that would make her go away.

"It's a long story..."
Angela said very quietly. She didn't figure that this girl would want to hear about it. And she knew that if she started to talk about it, she would only cry more. Poor, wimpy Angela.

Dakota smiled sympathetically, knowing how tough life could sometimes be, dealing the good people a bad hand. She took off her owl ring and offered it to the girl, as though it was payment for her tale. She didn't often just give her possessions away, but Dakota felt that this girl could do with a friend, with an ear to listen. "Here," she said, gesturing the ring, "take it. Please, tell me your story." Her eyes glistened in the dim light. Dakota was content enough in her life to listen to others of theirs, without doing as most would and getting bored.

Her and her sister hadn't really spoken in years. Since they'd been sorted into different houses, it was hard to get a chance to talk. Sometimes they would see each other around the castle, but Maddie seemed to stick to one particular group of friends. Dakota had none. It was sad, really, that she had managed to go through five years at Hogwarts and still have no constant friends. Occasionally, Dakota would meet someone, give them comfort, a little guidance, maybe, but she just wished she could have somebody who would remain a good friend, a best friend, even.

Dakota had been fortunate to have no real sob-story of her own, to tell. She had had a fairly easy life, so far, the only difficulty- and that had been brief- was her gender preference. She'd known it, in her heart, since her second year of Hogwarts. Dakota had only truly spread her wings and become open about it, during her third year. Her sister seemed to reject her and conversation had become limited between the two of them. Part of Dakota wished she could take back what she had said, wished she could be the person her sister wanted her to be.. But, Dakota knew that this was her, this was who she was and she accepted herself for it.

Angela's sight had blurred a little bit by more tears that threatened to stain her cheeks. It was as if they were red paint, because the spots on her cheek were almost immediately red when they were touched by the liquid. She looked at the girl, and stared at the ring for a second. She wondered if she should take it, seeing the owl glisten in the bright moon light. It was a beautiful ring. Angela took it in her small fingers, her purple nail polish (which was becoming quiet worn). She didn't put it on her finger, instead she played with it in her fingers.

Angela's aqua eyes became trusting. it didn't take much for her to trust someone, like when Teddy Cameron had beat her down, his apology was enough for her to fall into his arms. She took a breath. "I'm Angela." She started by introducing herself to the girl. "I'm 13 now... I thought that Karma was only supposed to punish the bad people. Last year, I got a boyfriend, and everything went down hill from there. I mean..." She looked at the ring, trying to gain some sort of comfort from it. Words then spilled from her mouth in an overflow. "His cousin, a friend of mine. Men are pigs, he kissed me. And i wasn't going to tell my boyfriend, and that made things worse. I was so confused. And then this kid, Teddy, he and i kissed, and my boyfriend; he was mad. I'm off guys for a long time. I think what made him mad is that, the guy that kissed me, had fractured several of my ribs early in the year."

Angela paused to see the girls face. She hadn't taken in the features of a girl that gave Angela her ear. She didn't smile, but her eyes stopped having water come from them. "The kid was mad because my Aunt broke up with his dad. Small world i suppose." She gave an airy, sad sounding laugh and then looked over the girls moonlit hair. "My Aunt is the only person who could take care of my cousin and I. She got pregnant almost a year and a half ago." She smiled a little bit. "She was a beautiful baby girl when she was born." Angela started crying again. "She had her father's eyes. they're bright green, and she's Asian. Isn't that weird?" He sobs started to break her words. "Sarah's... Sarah's boyfriend had C-Chromes Disease, he went into an attack w-when Sarah went into labor!" Her words were becoming more and more distressed. "They're dead! And th-this man wants to adopt me..." She sobbed long and hard. She leaned her hands on the ground, the ring clutched in her hand. "I don't know where to go!"

Dakota nodded, listening to the girl's story. It was truly saddening and though she had never had such a thing happen to her, she tried her very best to understand. Angela sounded like a very troubled girl and Dakota just wished she could reach out, put her arms around her and comfort her. But people often took that the wrong way. However, the fact that this girl was only thirteen years old and already had such things to worry about, bothered Dakota rather a lot.

But then, the girl began to break down before her eyes and Dakota saw the tears. She kept a weak smile, pinned to her face, but underneath, she could not feel so happy, not when this poor girl was suffering as she was. Without thinking, Dakota acted, moving in and taking the girl into her arms, feeling the need to protect her from this tough life she had been unfairly dealt. "Shh, shh," Dakota cooed, comfortingly, "you have Hogwarts. And for now, that will be your home." She was thinking things through in her mind: This girl seemed so alone, so lost and so frightened. Dakota had been scared, once, back when her and her twin sister had been sorted into different houses, but she had learnt to cope and learnt to find a happiness, of sorts. But it had taken years and Angela's pain was so much more than that.

Dakota was right in her thinking. Angela felt completely empty. She had been having even more trouble sleeping then normal. She let the tears roll over her cheeks, her story was so sad. But, Angela always felt guilty for crying, she felt that there were people out there with a worse life then her. She was a baby, she couldn’t handle everything the she was trying to. She sobbed, her breath a little shorter. She made herself sick for crying, and the shaking was worse.

The shaking especially when she knew the girl could feel it. Her arms were around her, she was trying to comfort her; and it was working. Angela didn’t have many people who would just wrap an arm or two around her to help her get through what she had. She buried her face into this girl’s shoulder. And nodded. She hadn’t had any friends really since her and Adam’s fight. “Thank you.” She murmured into the girls shoulders. She didn’t want to cry anymore but it kept coming out. She wrapped her arms awkwardly around the girl for support, trying to keep most of her weight off of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back