Let It Die

Karah Love

OOC First Name
Alexis
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 16 Inch Sturdy Rowan Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Although Karah's conscience had been eating away at her since the Halloween festivities she was able to breath a sigh of relief when she saw the magazine didn't even mention that she and Ezra had kissed because part of her wished that it wasn't a reality. She wished that Azolla would go away and that the Michael could go back to being her proper boyfriend but this was not the case and she would have to tell him the truth. This was what being an adult was all about, apparently. Admitting your mistakes even when they hurt the people you love. Or that was what she had been told by her father when she asked him for advice as he had cheated before, only more so as it ended up in her creation. Although Karah's father was a good man and had not made many poor decisions that night she felt that he was to blame for her poor judgement as she was born of the same deceit and harm to the woman who should have been her mother. It was for this reason that she was not taking his advice when it came to begging for Michael's forgiveness. If the truth was known, she didn't want to be with him any longer. She felt this strange spark when she and Ezra had kissed and lately when she and Michael touched she didn't feel anything at all except for his annoyingly clammy hands.

The young prefect frowned guiltily as she realized that instead of telling Michael know she should have told him Halloween night. Karah hadn't exactly been thinking straight, though. Even with her lips still fresh from an adulterous kiss she had the gull to be jealous and angry that Azolla was with Michael as his date. It must have tickled her stupid face just pink with pleasure to know that this was the set up for the evening but she must not focus on Azolla as this would just anger her to a point she never wished to reach. It wasn't very pretty. Instead she focused on her feet while she waited for Ezra to arrive so they could speak privately and then for Michael so they could both be honest with him. Karah wasn't sure if it was smartest or kindest to do this with Ezra but it had to be done and she had to speak to Ezra beforehand so she could kill two birds with one stone, as the expression goes.

Ezra Shaffer wasn't quite sure what Karah wanted to talk with him about, but he obliged with her request to meet in the abandoned classroom on the second floor. The blonde Slytherin hoped that the fiery redhead was going to tell him that she finally dumped her boyfriend's sorry arse. Michael wasn't good enough for Karah. Ezra's best friend deserved so much more than that scrawny little Ravenclaw. She deserved someone who would treat her like a princess, not go to dances with other girls. Karah was beautiful, sweet, caring, and lovely. The Gryffindor girl was too good for Michael anyways. Karah was Ezra's best friend, and he also just so happened to be in love with her. He did not pressure her, but every time he got the opportunity, he would kiss her.

Ezra walked into the classroom and looked around, spotting Karah up near the front. The Slytherin beamed at the Gryffindor as he closed the space between them, hugging her tightly. "Hey Kare." he said, using his little nickname for her. His blue eyes shone as he looked into her pretty green eyes. He crossed his arms as he casually leaned against the table. "So what's up?" he asked with a slight smile.

Karah had to keep herself from kissing Ezra as he reached her because something just felt natural about wrapping her arms around him and kissing him for as long as she wanted. Instead she settled for the hug and shivered into his arms as she was pressed tight against his lean body. "Hi Ez," she breathed, mimicking his smile as clasped her fingers together and fiddled with them absently. "I wanted to talk to you about Halloween... about us..." She glanced over at him as she said the word 'us' because she wanted to make sure that there was an 'us'. She didn't want to be stuck with Michael Harper any longer but she wanted someone to understand what she was doing, to be on her side and she wanted to eventually be with Ezra. Of course she would prefer if they could be together today but she had to consider Ezra and Michael's feelings because she did still want to be the Ravenclaws friend after everything. They shared so much together before they had dated and didn't want to loose what they had before everything became muddled and feelings were confused.

More than anything Karah just wanted there to be happiness for the people she loved and for herself. "I really like you, Ezra." She wished that she could have said it any other way and without feeling so guilty about the words that spilled out of her mouth so quickly but she adored him. The silly grin that plastered on his face when he was undeniably happy, his cheeky smirks, the way he treated her and respected her even with her intelligence or lack thereof. He didn't think she was dumb and that meant a lot to the girl because even if Michael cared for her she always felt like he didn't respect her because of his own intelligence. "I don't want to be in that fake relationship any more. I want to be with you," Karah said with new found bravery as she recalled that Ezra had initiated every one of their kisses, although they were few and far between, many being on cheeks and on her knuckles as he charmed her in ways her curse couldn't ever.

Ezra watched Karah carefully as she fiddled with her fingers. It was a common sign of nervousness though what she had to be nervous about was beyond this sixteen year old guy. Ezra's blue eyes did not display his shock as he heard her say that she wanted to talk about "us". The Slytherin didn't think he would ever hear Karah refer to them in such a manner. He would have been lying if he said it wasn't what he always wanted. A bit of a smug smile crossed his lips unconsciously. Ezra Shaffer was crazy about this redheaded veela girl, and it had nothing to do with her blood composition. He wondered where she was going with talk. The blonde Slytherin could only hope that it would be in his favor. Ezra did not see how it could be in Michael's favor though. What did he have going for him? Ezra couldn't think of anything except maybe his intellect. He was a Ravenclaw after all.

Ezra tried to look cool and aloof as she waited on Karah to continue. The wait was well worth it. He heard her say one little sentence that he wanted to heard for a year or so now. She liked him. She really liked him. It was all he could do to let her finish when he really wanted to be pumping his fist in the air and shouting yes. The news just kept getting better and better. Karah wanted him, not the one she was with. Ezra couldn't contain his glee any longer. Ezra quickly crossed the distance between them, pulling her into his strong arms. The Slytherin kissed the Gryffindor like he had never kissed her before. There were no more restrictions, nothing else to hold them apart. After a moment, Ezra broke away from Karah. "I want to be with you, too." his voice rough. "Kare, I have wanted you to be mine for the past year. You are beautiful, kind, funny, and charming. I can't imagine that there is someone like you anywhere else in the world." he told her as he softly stroked her cheek. He loved her, but he wasn't going to tell her that just yet. He didn't want her to run away from him.

As Karah finished speaking she hadn't really been certain what to expect from Ezra, she never was certain, but when he tugged her close to him and pressed his lips to hers she responded immediately. It was unlike any one of their kisses, it was rushed and yet more relaxed because they knew that there was nothing intrinsically wrong with their actions now that they were going to be together and could forget the horrid separation that was forced by confusing adoration with friendship. All this was forgotten until their lips parted and she touched her lips to his chest affectionately and realized that this was probably an action she should not be making. At least that was until she heard Ezra's voice and her carmine mouth formed a tight smile which only grew as he spoke more. The red headed girl wondered vaguely if it was wrong of her to feel this way about Ezra but couldn't stop and did not want to. She wasn't certain but she had a vague feeling that this was what love was or at least what the beginning of it is.

"You don't know how happy hearing that makes me," Karah said quietly as she leaned in close to Ezra to rest her head on his shoulder she inhaled his scent before exhaling and feeling finally at peace with herself. There had been a lot of doubt within Karah before deciding to call Ezra to speak with him about this but hearing his response and feeling his lips upon hers in that manner she felt like everything was going to work out. Even with the break up with Michael which wasn't something she was eagerly awaiting. Hurting her best friends were not high on the Gryffindors list of fun activities. It was, however, something that needed to happen so she could move on with her relationship with Ezra. "Michael is on his way so we can talk... Would you mind staying with me?" Karah asked standing on the tips of her toes and kissing his cheek affectionately. "I could use your support. I've never really done this to someone and even if I want to be with you I feel just awful," she explained quietly as she stayed held within his strong arms, wondering what he would think of her telling him that she wasn't yet broken up with Michael despite being with him now but hoping that he wasn't upset with this or hurt. She would hardly be able to handle it on top of hat she was about to say to her Ravenclaw friend.

Ezra's smile was a bit cocky as he held Karah close to him. He felt like the luckiest guy at Hogwarts. He finally had Karah's affections and she was ending things with that Ravenclaw boy. He leaned down and kissed her forehead gently as he listened to her say that Michael was on his way here so that she could finally end it with him. Ezra's jaw dropped as he heard what she was asking him to do. Was Karah serious?!? Did she really want him to be here when she dumped the Ravenclaw? From the words that followed the request, the blonde Slytherin could tell that she really did mean it. The sixteen year old smirked and shrugged his shoulders. "Sure. I'll keep you company." he said, kissing the end of her nose affectionately. Ezra didn't particularly feel as if it was the best thing to do. How would Michael react to his presence here? The two boys certainly were not friends. However, he would do anything for Karah.

Ezra kept his arms around the slender red headed girl. He would wait for Karah to move out of his embrace. He didn't feel the slightest bit ashamed that he had been kissing someone else's girlfriend any chance he got for the last year. Ezra knew that he and Karah were a much better fit for one another. Of that he had no doubts. "What would you like for me to do?" he asked her, meaning what did she want him to do when Michael arrived. He would save his conversation about what this meant for them for later.

Karah knew that her request was strange and possibly not the best thing to do but she needed someone to make sure she would stick with it, someone to be on her side if words were flung and someone to make sure that if she got angry she wouldn't turn into some crazed bird and attack Michael. That was the last thing she wanted out of this or any situation for that matter but it was a true fear of Karah's. She hoped he would consider it because despite everything she had actually thought it through. The extra stress wiped from her mind when Ezra kissed the tip of her nose and she smiled with relief before she nuzzled herself into the crook of his neck and relished in the warmth of his body and the total comfort she had in being around by him.

The red headed girl sighed quietly before she reluctantly stepped away from Ezra and leaned on one of the desks. "Just be here, really," Karah answered nervously. "I'm scared of what might happen and if there might be any anger so if anything like that happens just calm me down. Otherwise let me talk?" she offered, hoping he would understand what she meant by it all and why she was scared but most of all she hoped that Ezra would not get arrogant and tell him the full extent of everything because these things must be done with tact and care. Especially if Karah wanted to keep her friendship with the Ravenclaw boy.

Ezra sighed as Karah stepped away from him. The Slytherin boy understood why she did it, but he regretted it all the same. He would be happy once this was all over with and he could hold her all he liked. Ezra smiled slightly. That was a nice thought. The Slytherin didn't really want to waste any time in making the Gryffindor his. His only concern was for Karah's feelings. Ezra didn't want Karah to be upset in the least. The Slytherin boy nodded his head. "I can do that. Frankly, I have no interest in talking to that Ravenclaw." he told her, a bit on the arrogant side. It had been this side of his personality that had gotten him Karah as an enemy at the beginning of their first year. "I will keep you calm though. Don't worry about that." he told her with a smile. Ezra knew that she worried about transforming into a bird-like creature, one that could fly and throw fire. He knew that's what real veelas did anyways. He wasn't sure how much of that got transferred to Karah. He knew that it was something that worried her though. Ezra crossed his arms across his chest. He hoped Michael showed up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back