Left To Heal

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor lay staring at the ceiling, something she thought she had been doing for years and years, when in reality it had only been a day. The nurse had requested she stay a few more days in hospital to allow herself to heal properly and Taylor was becoming quickly bored. She hoped she would be able to get out before the Quidditch match with Sam, Knight and all the rest this weekend. It would be awful if she had to miss something she arranged. Trying to sit up, everything still hurt. They hadnt been able to find out what hex she had been hit with, but whatever it was, had hurt... Alot. Wanting to roll over or move in any way for that matter, she would only be left in pain if she attempted. So she lay still, hoping maybe one of her friends would come to entertain her for a while.

Sam was utterly shocked to hear that Taylor was in hospital, he had heard from Hoshi and wanted to visit her right away. He had a box of chocolates left over from Christmas not opened and decided he'd bring them down to her. He had never been in the Hospital Wing before- thankfully. But he spotted her right away once he entered.

He walked over to her quietly not wanting to disturb any patients. "Hey Taylor." he said quietly. "How are you feeling?" he asked her with a concerned expression on his face. He left the chocolates on the beside locker. "Here you go." He pulled up a small stool and sat on it.

Taylor was still staring around the room, the best distraction from the dull ache that still throbbed through her. She heard someone enter the room, but chose not to look over like she had whenever someone else had entered. It was usually someone visiting another patient or a nurse that was coming back from somewhere or whatever. Tayor hardly cared anymore, all looking to see who had entered did caused more pain in her neck.

She was shocked however to hear a familiar voice near her. Turning her head she noticed Sam. A smile reached her face as he asked how she was, placed some chocolates on her table and then pulled up a stool. "Sam." She said in a croaky voice. "Its good to see you, I'm feeling okay, a bit sore, but Im alright. Im mainly feeling extremely bored." She chuckled lightly, her chest hurt a little at the action, but she chose to ignore it. "Thanks." She said both in regards to the gift and the simple fact that he had come to visit.

"You better be alright for the match." Sam joked. "I'm just messing with you. You just heal up and if your not fit to play we can postpone it." he said kindly to her. "Its no problem, have you got many visters?" Sam wondered did Scorpius or Toni know about Taylor being in hospital. If it wasn't for Hoshi he wouldn't have known either.

Sam wondered what the full story was, he heard bits of it from Hoshi but not a lot. Sam didn't want to ask her just yet, just in case she didn't want to talk about it. He kept his mouth shut, she could tell him if and when she wanted to.

"I know I better be!" She said with a small laugh after, she did not want to have to miss out on Quidditch because of this mess. He asked if she had many visitors and she would have shaken her head if it didnt hurt. "Nope, just you." She said with a smile. She had guessed most people had no idea what had happened to her, then she wondered how Sam knew about it. "How did you find out I was in Hospital?" She asked curiosly, her voice starting to sounds less hoarse now she was using it.

"Aw, I'm just sure they don't know your in here." Sam said, he knew if Knight or Toni knew Taylor was stuck in a hospital bed they'd come down and visit. He couldn't imagine how bored Talyor must have been lying in the hospital bed for days on her own. Sam wished he had heard about it sooner. "Hoshi told me. I came down right away. I'll make sure to tell Knight and Toni though." Sam promised. "Do you want me to get you anything, a book, some more chocolates?" he asked with a small grin.

Taylor smiled as a way of acceptance when Sam said people probably didnt know she was here. "Arent you the sweetest." She said poking her tongue out at him playfully. "No, im alright, I appreciate you coming to see me though, alot." She smiled, she really did appreciate it, she was so bored lying still all day because it was too painful to do anything and Sam was being really sweet.

She soon found she didnt like looking up at Sam from her lying down position, so she mustered all her strength and shoved aside the pain that perked up at the movement and pushed herself up so she was sitting, with the soft pillows supporting her back. Her head spun for a moment, but in a few seconds she was fine. "Thats better." She blinked a few times, then smiled.

Sam shrugged quickly, "Its cool. I was doing nothing practicaullary interesting anyways." he said truthfully. "The only plus about being stuck in here is you get to miss out on some boring lessons." Sam said trying to look on the brightside.

"Much better." Sam added looking down on Taylor felt weird. "Hows the pain holding up?" he asked concerned. He pitied Taylor, Sam had never expierianced pain that he had to be sent to the Hospital. He used to fall off his broom when he first starting flying but he never broke any bones.

Taylor chuckled as lightly as she could manage. "Yeah that is a plus." She reasoned. He asked how the pain was, so Taylor answered. "Well, I didnt break anything, which was weird, because it felt like everything had broken, they dont know what hex I was hit with, but it just sent huge amounts of pain everywhere, without breaking the skin, bruising or breaking anything." She stated, trying to remember everything the nurse had told her.

Taylor realised she hadnt told Sam what happened. "Guess you wanna know what happened yes?" She asked with a smile, Taylor knew if she was in Sam's place she would be bursting with curiosity and worry.

Sam listened to her explain the mystery of the hex. "That is strange. But at least you didn't break anything." He smiled. He still dind't know the full story but he didn't want to be rude enough to ask. Though Taylor seemed to take the words right out of his mouth and he shrugged. "If you feel comfortable enough reliving it. I mean you don't have to." Sam said to her nicely.

"Yeah." She reasoned once more about the breaking of bones. She listened to Sam, but smiled all the same, she didnt really mind. "No its okay, I dont remember much so its not an exciting story." She laughed a little. "It started with me sitting in the gardens reading, I saw a girl walk straight through the flowers, trampling them. She then walked into the forest, I of course wanted to know who it was, so I followed. I wish I hadnt now, but thats life." She shrugged, but winced because the action made her shoulders hurt. "All I remember from there was she was with another, I think it was a boy, I got hexed when they noticed me hiding behind a tree. There was extreme pain, then I blacked out. I woke up later in the entrance hall where Hoshi found me. They arent sure what the hex is, they said it might have been crucio, but they doubt anything that serious would have happened to me. It was probably someone that knew how to cast a basic hex, but make it very powerful. I dunno I dont know the details, only that it hurt." She finished with a small laugh, looking at Sam to see his reaction to the story.

Sam listened to the story sort of glad she was telling him. Though as the story progressed Sam's mouth dropped further and further until she was finished and then he had enough sense to close it.

"Woah. I cannot believe this. Was the boy who hexed you a student? Did you see his face? Who was the gi- sorry." he said sheepishly, usually Sam wouldn't ask quesitons but he couldn't help but let those slip from his mouth.

Arianna had heard somewhere that Taylor was in the hospital wing. She hurried down from the Hufflepuff common room, feeling slightly guilty that she didn't have a present or anything for her She also needed a friend to confide in, as something huge had happened to her recently. She glanced down at the bandage on her arm and shuddered.

She entered the hospital wing, closing the door quietly behind her, looking around the room. She saw Taylor lyng on one o the beds, talking another Hufflepuff first year. "What happened?" she asked in a low voice when she reached the bed. She smiled weakly at the boy, hoping that she didn't seem too rude, she just had alot on her mind right now, nd she really needed someone to talk to. Deciding to make more of an effort, she said "Hi, I'm Ari" she said, extending her hand to him, then quickly relising that was her bitten arm. She snaped her hand back to her side, hoping that they hadn't noticed the bandage, even though it wound all the way up her arm.

Taylor laughed gently at Sam's questions. She didnt mind answering them, she hadnt told anyone about happened as of yet and was glad to get it off her chest. "The boy looked a bit older than the girl, he may have not been a student actually. I really cant remember that clearly." She said honestly, a little crestfallen she didnt know, if she did she was rather sure they would be taking her place in the hospital wing when she got out. "The girl looked only about our age though." She said looking up at Sam.

She then heard someone else enter and noticed Ari. "Hey Ari." She said her voice starting to get a little croaking once more. She saw the bandage on her arm. She furrowed her brow. "Never mind about me, I'm healing, what happened to you?" She asked.

"Wow, that really looks serious" she said, frowning at Taylor, but she didn't want to pry, so didn't press her for information.

"Um" she sid, uncomfortably, looking at the boy. He looked nice enough, though she knew that he would be repulsed when she told Taylor her secret. She swallowed, and her stomach turned over.
"I.. was bitten by a werewolf" she said, almost inaudibly, looking at the ground, fighting tears. This was the first time she had told anybody from school, and she felt oddly releived to get it off her chest.
"Anyway, how are you?" she asked, her voice shaking slightly, but she smiled, trying to be normal.

"Woah..so the girl may be in our year?" Sam asked in almost disbelief when a girl joined them. He smiled to her as she extended her hand he exteneded his but she quickly took hers away and he gave her a puzzeled look. "Of coarse, I'm Sam." Sam knew her from the common room and just Hufflepuff in general. He thought it best to blow of the whole hand shaking thing as he saw her rather large bandage. Then she hot him an uncomfortable look, he looked away feeling a bit uncomfortable himself though he heard when she said she was bitten by...a werewolf. Sam's head quickly turned, "Woah?! Are you okay?" He asked. Why was he asking so many questions all of a sudden. "Sorry.." he apoligised, it wasn't his place.

Arianna couldn't help but smile "Yeah, I'm fine, just waiting for the full moon" she said, feeling incredibly glad that he hadn't freaked out too badly. "It's definetly... different" she said slowly, thinking of the last full moon.
"I wonder why I haven't really met you before" she said, with a smile.

"So anyway, Taylor, did you break something?" she asked, changing the subject, and looking back to Taylor.

Sam nodded, he wasn't freaked out to his own shock. Its not like this girl had a choice. "I'm sure it is different.." he agreed, "Just a little though." he joked lightheartedly. "Yeah its weird alright. Well now we have. Though there is still a ton of people I don't know in our year. Its crazy." He admitted, there seemed to be so many girls. He really couldn't keep track.

Taylor's eyes widened when Ari said she was a werewolf. "What?!" She said incredilous. "When did this happen, are you okay?" She asked in complete shock, that was a serious thing that she could never ever get out of. If it had happened to Taylor she would probably be freaking out right now. "No I didnt break anything, I was hit with a curse, but they dont know what it was." She said as if it wasnt important, Arianna just becoming a werewolf was much more important! She began to ache from all the sudden movement and stressed talking. So she sat back and took a deep breath, it wouldnt do to over exaggerate this and hurt herself more.

"A curse?"she said with a frown "That's really weird" she said, wondering what kind of curse could do that "Do you know who cast the spell" she asked, trying to think of somebody who would do something like that.
When Taylor asked when she had been btten, she said "At the start of the holidays luckily" she said, "Because if I'd pulled the dissapearing act during school, there would have been rumors" she said, thinking of her time in St. Mungos.
"Please dont tell anybody though" she mumbled, looking at Sam. She felt confident that Taylor wouldn't tell, but she didn't know Sam very well, and hoped that he wouldn't either.
"Sorry, this is a big thing" she apologised "I only just met you a minute ago, and now you know my biggest secret" she said with a half smie.

Taylor would have shook her head, but didnt want to risk the pain that came with it so instead she sighed and said. "I dont know who cast it, they looked older than us, although it could have been the girl the older boy was with." She screwed up her face, the memories she had were vague. "Thats good I guess, but overall this is not good Ari." She said seriously. Being bitten by a werewolf was not an everyday thing. She looked at Sam, she knew he wouldnt tell, he was just that kind of guy to keep a secret. He barely knew anything about Arianna, which gave him more reason not to tell anyone, because who would he tell?

"Yeah, suppose it's pretty big" Arianna said quietly, looking down at the ground "But I'm trying to act ike it's not a big deal, so then it won't seem like one, if you get what I mean" she said.
"But well, you know some parts are actually alright. I mean, I am so fast, seriously, it's awesome" she said with a grin. She couldn't remember it too well, but she did recall the sensation of flying through the forest.
"Thanks for listening" she added gratefully. "My mother's all buisness like about it, and dad won't hear a word, since he's non-magical" she explained.

"So the person was older" she said, contemplating the piece of information. "Send him into the forest on Monday night, and I'll sort him out" she joked, baring her teeth, and growling. She was shocked when the sound ripped through her throat, coming out low and menacing. "Woah, oopsies" she said, looking around, and hoping no-one else had heard,

Taylor nodded, understanding why Ari didnt want to make a big deal out of it. Ever the optimist, Taylor thought fondly. She listened quietly as Arianna explained about her parents. Wow, Taylor didnt know how her parents would act if she told them she was a werewolf. She was sure they would be understanding, but Taylor hoped she would never be faced with that situation regardless.

Ari then turned somewhat unhuman, it scared Taylor for a bit, that wasnt Arianna. She thought curiously. She didnt know much about werewolves, she made a note to read up about them. Might be interesting to know if she was going to try harder to stay friends with Arianna.

"Sorry!" Arianna apologised, when Taylor looked scared "I was joking, but the growl was a bit too real for comfort" she said, cursing herself for snarling like that, she would have to be careful. She sighed, so much had changed now. No, no! Don't think that like that! she told herself.
"So when do you think you'll be getting out of here?" she asked Taylor, looking around the hospital wing.

Ari asked Taylor when she thought she would be out of here and Taylor scoffed. "The nurses are over protective, so I think I'll be here for a few more days yet." She said, "Im hoping it wont be too long, Ive been in here, what, a day? and Im already sick of it." She chuckled as lightly as she could manage. She didnt want to have to be in here long, she hated boundries and this was one big boundry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back