Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
3rd March 2049
2:34 am
Slytherin Common Room

I decided it best to write this while I have some time to myself in the common room. Hopefully, with any luck, I will be uninterrupted and able to recall my dream that is still floating around my mind. Professor Chamberlin asked us to make a dream journal, so here it is. Maybe it is possible to see the future from your dreams, and they can't always be remembered then I need to write them down.

Last night I had two dreams. The first, I was in Brightstone. I assume it must have been during vacation between the years, although Mervyn and I seemed to be in our twenties and definitely not in our school robes anymore. I think we must have been passing the apothecary, which in time turned into a sweet shop, all his favourites in the tiny jars in the window. We were just talking, when something caught fire inside the shop. Mervyn and I entered to see the ash of dozens upon dozens of books burning around us, certainly not what we expected as we entered. I tried to pick up some of the books before they burnt out, but they just turned to dust in my hand.

The second was a little more unusual. It started with Professor Pendleton showing us a clear way through the forbidden forest, apparently he had something interesting to show us. When I say us, I mean the seekers of each house. Only we were able to see something and if any of the other students were to try and cast their eyes upon it, they'd think we were insane. When we reached an open clearing, Professor Pendleton somehow transformed into a centaur, his hind legs growing out of his back, quietly becoming a creature of the environment around us. Before any of us could say anything, October had mounted him like a pony and Professor Pendleton rode off between the trees, leaving Syrus, April and I to fend off whatever animal he'd intended to show us in the first place. Of course April and Syrus were too busy in an argument over who was the better seeker to see the dragon that was approaching us, and I woke up just before I was eaten. Not sure what that means.

Last edited:
27th April 2049
7:08am
Great Hall

Last night was a bit of a strange one. I didn’t think I was nervous for Quidditch but this said otherwise. I was playing the game against Ravenclaw and just as I reached out for the snitch, Sapphire hit a bludger towards me, of which spikes grew out of like a metallic hedgehog and as it pierced my arm through my gear, I couldn’t shake it off. It grew heavier until it practically pulled me straight off my broom and I landed in a heap on the pitch (although the fall didn’t hurt me for a change). I was taken to the nurses office and Luna came to see me, and chatted while they tried to get the bludger off my arm. They decided it would have to stay there and it would come off when it was ready, and whenever I changed my clothes it would ruin the arm sleeve. I hope I don’t actually get hit out there at the next game.

25th August 2050
9:28am
My room

I sort of forgot I had a dream diary, but then last night I couldn’t fall asleep, and when I did I had a nightmare and wanted to write it down, just in case it meant something. In the dream I felt like I was being chased. You know like one of those where no matter fast you’re going, you’re still wading through treacle, unable to actually get anywhere. I don’t know what was chasing me, it was dark. I think it was in a forest and the only thing that was illuminating anything was the moon shining down, so every now and then there would be a flash of something coming towards me and then it was gone. I don’t know, it was just strange. Then again, it’s been a strange few weeks.

2nd June 2051
1:45pm
My room. Olive's house.
Huh. Not written in this since Olive died. It's been a weird few days. I keep having the same dream that I'm being chased in the forest so I should probably stop snacking before bed. Last night I had another strange dream though so thought I may as well make a note of it since this journal got somewhat sidetracked with everything going on. I haven't seen Sapphire since I graduated but I had a dream that she was sleeping a lot. Just still, and silently lying there while the world continued on around her. I don't know, maybe my brain is like, worried I've put her in a stressful position at the moment. Am I overthinking it? Probably. Sapphire is going to make an excellent Captain next year, she's the strongest player I know. Besides, Liam agreed and I don't think she would have taken it on if she had too much on her plate.
It's strange being back in this house. I woke up in the early hours on the first night after the forest dream played out in my head again. It was like I was trying to reach this tree but it was just too far from my reach. Professor Chamberlin tried to teach us how to interpret dreams, but I think it's all a matter of perspective. I hope I can get a job working for the Daily Prophet once the summer is over. It would be good to get myself stuck into another project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back