Leaving the library

Night time sessions? Blake repeated in thought, raising his eyebrows at Ford suspiciously. Just as he was about to pick up on Lily's coded talk, Ford spoke. Blake's jaw twitched slightly at his comment, not at all finding it amusing. A cold expression formed on his features. What had really happened between them?
When Lily replied with a little hostility to Ford, Blake could not help but feel a little satisfied and, agreeing that they should leave, he turned and fell into step with her, not bothering to say anything to Ford.
"What was that about?" he asked Lily as they descended the stairs. At this point all his suspicions seemed to be clouding his mind once again, and it was all Blake could do to keep his voice remotely steady. Though the expression on his face had remained cold and hard.

Lily walked along with Blake, reaching the stairs and begining to descend. She wondered if Ford was going to let them walk away so easily or if he was going to try to have one last comment, one last attempt to mess with her relationship with Blake.

As they descended the steps, she heard Blake's question. Turning her face to him, she could tell he was not happy with the situation at all. "Well, I ran into Ford on the way out of the library. I thought he was actually being nice at first, then I realized that he was up to his old tricks." She turned and yelled back up the steps loud enough for Ford to hear her, "HE'S STILL JUST AN ASS!" It was childish, but she felt a bit better saying it outloud.

Ford's mind was muddled between a bizarre mix of emotions, ranging from frustration and hatred to heightened desire. The mere fact that he could not have Lily only tapped his competitive edge, making him want her more. He flexed his hands into fists, cracking some knuckles on the way, from his anger at the situation. He stared daggers at the retreating couple, as he stood alone in the hall.

He realized that Blake and Lily were having a quiet conversation; how he wanted to hear it, just to get some dirt with which to harass her later. Blake would surely be curious as to the events that had transpired between Ford and his present girlfriend. He had not picked up from Blake's body language if he knew what Lily and he were talking about, such was the extent of Ford's frustration.

A sudden shout from Lily snapped Ford from his malicious reveries, Trying to get the last word, is she?

"You only wish you had an ass this nice!" He shouted back, the degree of wit, or lack thereof, of the retort and it's potential effectiveness were lost on Ford, he was getting hungry from all this arguing.

Lily heard Ford's retort. She started to laugh. Turning to Blake, she stopped descending the stairs and spoke. "Excuse me, but it looks like this is not over yet." She removed herself from Blake's arms, and climbed back up the stairs. Stopping at the top, she looked at Ford and spoke. "Are you done yet? Are you only able to be happy if everyone around you is miserable? Give up. You had your chance Ford Harkonnen and you blew it. You went back to Sophia and then you left for England. I am back with Blake, and we are happy. Leave me alone. I don't want anything to do with you. Am I clear?" She glared at him, wondering if her words were sinking in, still amazed that he was even making a pass at her at all. A few years ago this is what she would have wished for. Now, she was happy with Blake. She wanted nothing more to do with Ford in any sort of romantic capacity.

Ford managed a grin before he spoke, "If you are so in love," he made a mock swooning motion and his grin widened, "with dear Blake, why are you still here?" He returned to a calm and cool posture, letting his frustration become visible would only let things sway in Lily's direction. That was not something the Slytherin could afford to do.

"You could have walked away, happy as could be, settling. But you didn't, did you? You still want me, weather you realize it or not, sister. You are just deluding yourself with thoughts otherwise."

Lily was furious. Ford was on the money. What was she still doing there? Why did she not leave with Blake? She decided that once and for all, she needed to make Ford see that she really did not want to be with him. "I am not settling. If I actually was with you, THAT would be settling. Remember, you came into my life after Blake did. But you are right on one thing. I do want you," she said a bit seductively, moving right up to Ford and putting her hands on his shoulders. "I want you.......to feel this." As she spoke her last words, she raised her knee violently up into Ford's groin. "Get the picture NOW?"

With the impact of a sudden and rather blinding impact to his nether regions, Ford fell backwards onto the floor. Girl could do a number on a rhino. He somehow managed to think during the surprising visions of fancy stars that clouded his vision. He pushed himself up onto his elbows, coughing, but managed a sneer. "Doesn't...make it any less true," he said weakly and laughed wheezily. "You'll come back eventually." He managed some arrogant confidence into his words, despite the circumstances.

With his vision clearing, he was able to push the pain to the back of his mind, somewhat. "You know I'm right. If you ever want something real, I'll be around." He slowly had picked himself off the ground while speaking, wincing only slightly in the pain. By Thor's hammer! The pain! Gods, the pain! He flashed Lily a quick roguish wink before turning to the library.

Lily had a bit of satisfaction as Ford fell flat out on the floor. She smiled then it froze as he spoke again. Does he never shut UP? Dobby's sock he is annoying! "You only wish," she said with a sneer of her own, turning to head back down the stairs to join Blake for dinner.

Blake had watched the scene unfolding before him with an edge of hostility boiling inside him. At first, he did not want to get himself involved in Ford and Lily's problems. Her explanation, however short it had been, had explained much to him and so he had tried to leave it at that. But when Ford started jeering comments at Lily, Blake felt his fists clenching and unclenching with unease. The only thing that kept him standing in the stairwell, far away from being within striking distance of Ford was that he was still firm on not interfering in Lily's problems, especially when he knew well enough that she was capable of handling herself. But at long last, Ford's final comment, after Lily had classically kneed him in the genitals, obliterated all of Blake's patience and self-control.
"That's IT!" Blake yelled, side stepping Lily as she moved to descend the stairs. It probably would have been more practical for Blake to have pulled out his wand, but where was the satisfaction in that? There was something pleasant about physically causing bodily harm to whomever you disliked, even if that person might be a good two years older. Luckily for Blake, he was quite tall for his age, and therefore loomed in around the same hight as Ford. However, before he could even process what he was about to do, Blake's fist was already in the air and swiftly aiming for hard contact with Ford's left cheek.

Ford heard footsteps behind him, heavier than Lily, and a voice he vaguely recalled to be Blake's. Kid wants to prove himself, no doubt. Ford thought ruefully, Can't tell when it's not his battle. He turned, fully expecting to see Blake staring at him, all flustered. Instead he saw a clenched fist coming towards his face at a disturbingly high velocity. In the split second between Ford seeing the fist and getting hit by it, Ford had the opportunity for any number of things to flash into his mind. But of all the options, he thought, Oh bloody hell, there goes quidditch.

To say that Ford was not physically robust would be generous, he was rather skinny and fragile appearing. Thus, he fell onto the ground rather easily. He tasted copper in his mouth, and spat blood onto the floor. He glared at his fellow Slytherin, "Can't be shown up by Lily can we, Blake?" Ford sneered. He had his wand on him, and given the opportunity, he could render to boy useless if it came to it. He pushed himself up onto his elbows, placing his hand by the pocket which held his wand. "I have no fight with you, this is between your lady friend and I. I don't suggest doing that again." Slytherin or not, getting one's testicles mashed tended to put a guy on edge.

"Exactly, my lady friend. It's good to see that you can at least distinguish what isn't yours." Blake's voice was rough with bitterness. Ford was right however; this was not at all his fight. But by hell, he was not going to just stand idly by while another male tried to pursue his girlfriend. So in that sense, how was he stepping out of line? Anyone would have done what Blake had done, if not more, and if not sooner. Letting his eyes rest on Ford's hand which was obviously itching to draw out his wand, Blake's cheek twitched with frustration. He wanted nothing more but to draw out his own wand too, but he knew that he'd already crossed the line when he threw the first punch. As a prefect, he would no doubt get hell from Bruin if he were to find out about this. Adding a duel to that wouldn't do him much good at all.
"And I too suggest that you don't do that again. To be rejected once must hurt like hell. But twice?" Blake chuckled darkly. "How pathetic."

Turning, Blake strode swiftly to Lily's side, once again wrapping his arm around her. A cruel idea formed in his head, and as it gave him much satisfaction to pour salt into Ford's wounds, Blake could not suppress it. Guiding Lily's head with his free hand, Blake met her lips with his. This was for Lily, just as much as it was for himself; to show Ford what wasn't his, and perhaps to rub some more regret in his face that he should never have rejected Lily the way he had.

Lily watched in horror as Blake headed back up the stairs to where Ford was. He was upset, she could tell, and this was not going to be pretty. She turned and walked back up the steps and watched in horror as Blake punched Ford and he was again on the floor. Her hand flew up to her face and covered her mouth as she gasped. If she had ever wondered about Blake's feelings, this was a confirmation of them. As the scene played out, she simply stood there not moving. She was not sure what to do as she watched her boyfriend and her former crush exchange words.

Then Blake stormed away from Ford, and grabbed her around the waist, pulling her to him. Taking her head in his hands, he kissed her roughly and more passionately than they ever did in front of anyone. Not that they hadn't kissed passionately before, but it was always in private places -- not the middle of the fourth floor corridor. She melted into his kiss, her body melding to his. She was being kissed in a way that was usually reserved for older men and women, but right now, it was perfect for the point that her boyfriend was trying to make. Lily couldn't help but think for a moment while she was kissing her boyfriend about how Ford was reacting to this.

Ford righted himself up onto his feet, holding in a groan from the unbelievable pain coming from between his legs. This was not a good day. "What do you mean twice?" He grinned, did he really believe that Lily had rejected him before? "It was yours truly who did the rejecting," he wiped some blood from his lip, "Your sweet little lady friend was simply unable to determine that I wasn't looking for some sort of touchie-feely girlfriend."

He pulled his wand from his pocket, spinning it around his fingers before snapping his hand around it at his side. Demonstrating he would not be physically assaulted again, weather by magic or other means. He was a decent spellcaster, especially in offensive spells, in order to compensate for his minimal physical prowess. And being an outsider during his stint at Hogwarts in Scotland had given him ample practice time. He adjusted his posture to be as solidly placed as possible, getting crotch rocked and soon after punched in the face tended to sour one's mood. By all rights, Ford should have simply thrown a stupefy at the insolent pair when they weren't paying attention.

Blake spun around on his heels, his eyes narrowed down the middle at Ford's comments. Blake immediately felt jealousy gnawing at his insides, and heat radiating around his head as his temper rose once more. Taking a moment to recompose himself, Blake pressed his lips into a hard line. What had he missed? The rumors had given Blake the impression that Ford had done something hurt Lily, and then their fling or whatever it was ended. Had something else happened? Was there more to it? Had Lily really wanted Ford as a... boyfriend?
For the first time, Blake felt his words springing back to bite him, hard. He was speechless once more, and for lack of words, all he wanted to do was to beat Ford physically, both by wand and fist. Don't. As soon as you reach for your wand, he will have won over you, Blake's subconscious warned him. And it was right. All that Ford had over him now was a past time fling with Lily. Ford was probably just wallowing in self pity because he'd been rejected by Lily, and whether it be only once, that should still have wounded his ego greatly. If there was anything Ford could get out of this whole situation right now, it was getting a kick out of making Blake feel miserable too. But he wasn't going to let Ford get to him anymore, at least not for the time being.

"Once, twice? What difference is there, really? A rejection is still a rejection. Stop dwelling in the past with what could have been yours, because it obviously never will be." Though that was directed at Ford, Blake could not help but pick up the sense that he was trying to convince himself also. But he was not going to let show his doubts about that now, while Ford could easily grab reign of his anger again. Glaring at Ford's wand hand once more, Blake quickly averted his gaze and turned. He was going to be the adult in this situation and walk away, even though it took much of his self control. Casting Ford out of his thoughts disgustedly, Blake moved into the stairwell, avoiding Lily's eyes as he descended the stairs.

Ford was actually rather disappointed with Blake's self control, he wanted to duel and take his frustration out on the other Slytherin. He'd have to find Bruin and go around harassing people if this came to a more diplomatic solution than he'd hoped. However, Ford got the idea that Blake was beginning to doubt his preconcieved notions of Lily and Ford's history. Such was all Ford was looking for. The snake of Slytherin was an adequate descriptor of Ford when it came to it, and 'it' was now.

"You're so sure of that?" He questioned earnestly, "You know, for certain, that it is the past?" An insidious sneer slowly grew across Ford's face, "Admittedly, I may have ruined it. But, well, Lily and I were sharing quite the moment before you arrived."

Lily was shocked as Ford spoke again. Does he never shut up? She blushed as Blake spoke back, and turned to go down to the hall for dinner. She turned to Ford, anger glinting in her blue eyes. "I really would not call that a moment. I was talking quidditch. Nothing else. I believe you were the one offering more. And being turned down for more." She walked over to him and got in his face as much as she could. Ford still towered over her, even at her height of 5'7". "You really need to learn that you have no shot with me. You had your chance and chose Sophia over me. It's obvious that you regret that choice now. You made your bed, now lie in it." With that, she turned and walked to the stairwell, and raced down to catch up to her boyfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back