Leaves At The Lakefront

Emma Shorts

Emma was overly happy lately and she really didn't know the reason. She wasn't sure about it in any form or what was causing it, but that didn't matter. She loved it. It was fall or as most people called it Autumn "Autumn" Emma said smiling. That was such a strange name or at least she thought so. Maybe it was just one of those words like wormwood that made her laugh and smile. Emma was like that picking random words that just hit that funny note in her mind.

Emma decided as she sat in the common room that she wanted to go outside. Since it was fall there was leaves all over the ground. Maybe she would make a picture with them like she did when she was really younger. Emma would collect leaves then place them in wax paper along with crayon shavings. Then you would melt the whole thing and create what Emma considered a master piece for one.

"That sounds like fun" Emma said looking around in the common room but no one was there for her to ask to join her. "Maybe someone will be outside" She said shrugging and smiling as she basically bounced out of the common room.

Emma went outside and began picking up some leaves and placing the good ones in her bag placed carefully on her back. She wanted the ones that had the right shape and right color. This was her very own masterpiece. Though something inside made her feel like a lonely artist. She wished others would join her.

Harri walked out to the lakefront a spring in her step. It was starting to get cold now and she was glad that she had thought to put on her big Gryffindor jumper. She was planning on doing some drawing because the scene looked so beatuiful when she saw someone there, she vaguely recognised the girl from some classes so shoved her sketch pad back in her satchel and bounded over "Hey!" she said warmly, watching as the girl picked up leaves "Whatcha doing?" she asked, wondering why anyone would be collecting leaves.

Emma was still walking across the ground searching for that perfect leaf or well perfect leaves. Emma leaned over to pick up a very nice and big red one that would work perfectly. Then she heard a voice. Emma picked up the leaf and turned around to see who it was.

"Oh hey" Emma said smiling "Well I am collecting leaves for short of an art project" Emma said not even knowing how she was going to be able to make it without the usual muggle iron that she made this with. Though Emma would find a way right now she was just searching for the leaves.

"What are you up to?" Emma asked as she opened her bag and took out an empty photo book. Emma placed the red leaf in the book before placing it back into her bag.

"Oh wow!" Harri said nodding at the idea, "I'm sure it'll be great!" she siad. "I'm Harri by the way," she said, she recognised the girl from classes but couldn't for the life of her remember her name. "I was going to do some drawing and just walk around for a bit," she said patting her satchel from which a loud thud came as her hand hit the sketch pad, "Would you like some help?" she asked picking up a beautiful orange leaf from the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back