Learning At The Lake?

Caina Dante

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Caina spent a good ten minutes searching for the appropiate outfit for the swimming that her and Andrew had planned. The two of them had agreed to take a visit to the lakefront in hopes to get Andrew in swimming shape. He had complained once about not being able to swim which surprised this young Slytherin girl. Now a chance was open to let Caina help her best friend learn something new. Plus this gave her a reason to hang out with Andrew.

After finding the perfect swim suit and back up outfit, Caina walked towards the lakefront. She was wearing her swim suit top and swim suit bottom under her cute striped oversized tee shirt dress. This outfit worked out all around. If Andrew was swimming in clothes, Caina would be able to just swim in the tee shirt dress. If he was wearing an actual swimming suit she could wear hers. That was if she got enough confidence to do so.

Taking a sit on the ground, she brought her knees up into her chest and waited for Andrew to arrive. Her simple black beach towel lay beside her.

Andrew walked back to the common room and changed into swimming clothes. He didn't have a proper costume because he never swam. He put on khaki shorts and a plain white t-shirt which he intended to remove by the lake. He jogged to the lake seeing an outline of Caina sitting there. He didn't want to keep her waiting for a minute more if he could help it.

"Hey again. I am ready" he said with a grin pointing at himself."Didn't have a proper costume" he said with a smile. "You gonna wear the t-shirt?"he asked her with a raised eyebrow. When it came to swimming, Andrew was a gaga. He didn't know water, what to wear when you were inside, how to swim or anything else related to it. As he didn't like it much he never bothered to read or watch the television on anything concerning with swimming.

Caina's eyes remained on the lake as she waited for Andrew. Though she didn't have to wait long before he showed up. A smile spread across her face as she stood up. "Well" She began looking down at her outfit as he questioned whether or not she was going to wear the tee shirt in. Shaking her head she brought her eyes back to Andrew. Chill out you are just friends. Relax and be confident She reminded herself the smile still on her face. "No I have a swim suit on under" She added as she carefully pulled off the tee shirt dress revealing the yellow and white striped bikini.

Dropping the tee shirt to the ground, Caina reminded herself not to blush as she looked up at Andrew. "Now I'm ready" She said trying not to think about the fact that she was in a swim suit in front of Andrew or whether or not she looked good in said swim suit. "I've never actually taught anyone to swim before so bare with me" She said as she began to put her hair up into a pony tail using the hair tye that just so happened to be placed around her wrist.

Andrew waited thinking for a mini second that she were to transfigure her t-shirt into a swim suit. He felt like laughing as he saw the most obvious thing happening next. However what took his attention was Caina. He looked at her slender figure and her swim suit.

He also noticed that she wasn't blushing. She was acting completely normal. Why shouldn't she? You are friends and nothing more in her eyes, his mind told him. He came back to his senses and removed his t-shirt leaving his muscular chest bare in the warm sunlight.

"Not to worry" he said with a smile. "Do you come to swim here often?"he asked her curiously.In these four years Andrew had swam in here only twice and both the items it had been nasty experiences. He hoped this one would be different. He walked into the lake until the cool water reached his knees. "The water is nice" he said with a smile looking at his clear reflection in the water.
(last post 4 today)

Caina tried to keep her eyes off Andrew yet as he took off his shirt the red appeared on her cheeks contrasting greatly with her pale skin. Darn. Stop it She thought to herself flashing Andrew a small smile before looking away. Why does he have to be so perfect She thought walking towards the water trying to keep her head out of the clouds and keep the red from once again appearing to her cheeks. Just friends Just friends Just Friends. This is just a friendly swimming outing. Just friends Just friends She repeated in her mind quite a few times.

"No actually. I don't swim here that often. Not too fond of swimming alone" she said with a shrug finding that a very stupid thing she had just said. If only she could take the words back. If only that was possible. Forget it She thought walking into the water a bit more until it was up to her waist. Though as it hit her stomach the water gave her a small shiver. It wasn't that it was cold. The water was actually quite nice.

Closing her eyes, she plugged her nose and ducked under the water getting her hair completely soaked. Coming back up she wiped the water from her face making sure that her contacts hadn't fallen out in the process. All good. "So you don't know anything about swimming. Not how to tread water or anything?" She asked just wanting to know where she had to start.

"I am glad that we thought of this. I really need to learn" he said looking at her as she soaked herself.The water making contact with her pale skin made it shine and look naturally beautiful. Concentratehe reminded himself . "Umm..no I don't know anything about water. If one wants to kill me all they have to do is use water as their weapon" he said with a playful grin.

"Do we have to soak ourself?"he asked her stupidly. He didn't know and he wanted to know so he had to ask questions no matter how stupid they sounded. She was his friend and he hoped she wouldn't laugh. "Just like you did?"

Caina rolled her eyes playfully at Andrew. "Well then we have a lot to learn here then" She said trying to keep her tone normal. Normal and friendly. The whole situation however made her stomach twist and turn, nervous. Why so nervous? Caina knew really why she was but she wouldn't admit it aloud, actually most of the times she wouldn't admit it to herself.

Though she let out a small laugh as Andrew asked the question. Truthfully he really didn't know anything. It was so cute. Though Caina knew that if she said that it would surly embarrass him. "You don't have to, but if I get completely soaked I won't get cold as easily" She said shrugging. "But you can go under if you want. If not it doesn't really matter" She continued smiling softly.

"Treading water however is the easiest thing to learn." She said with confidence knowing or at least hoping Andrew would catch on right away. "All you have to do is get down in the water" She said shrinking into the water almost in a squat. Though she stood up. "We may have to get in deeper water though. This is way too shallow" She continued giving Andrew a glance before she took a few steps out into the deeper water so that the water was about to her colar bone.

"I see..." he said as Caina explained the reason behind soaking herself. Andrew decided to follow his teacher and soaked himself completely in the cool water. Reappearing on the surface, he wiped his face to removed the water for clear sight. "That was fun" he said with a grin. "Yeah, let's go deeper" he agreed and followed Caina.

"Hey..." he said as he spotted something on her blonde hair. He closed the distance between them, his face inches away from hers as he tried to see what exactly was stuck in there. He wasn't aware of his action as his attentions were concentrating on her hair. He reached out for her hair and took it out. It was a sea weed dark green and slimy. "It was in your head" he said showing to her and throwing it away.

Now that he was back to his senses he realized the closeness between them and started feeling uncomfortable. He couldn't turn his back on her now. So he stood where he was and her eyes once again caught his attention. "What do we do now?"he asked her in something like a whisper.

Caina couldn't help but laugh with Andrew. He was just so, perfect. Though as he said the simple word hey, Caina turned to face him her eyes meeting his and her body going stiff. Breath Breath She had to remind herself. Why was it so hard to remember to breath normally around Andrew. It seemed even harder as they were so close.

She couldn't keep her eyes off of him, she couldn't look away. A small voice inside her head wanted her to learn forward and kiss him. This action she knew would change everything. She couldn't do that no matter how much she wanted to. As he pulled the seaweed out of her hair a soft smile filled her lips. Usually she might have laughed but she couldn't get the laugh out. "Thanks" She said her voice whispering for some reason. Was it because they were so close or that her heart was pounding so fast and loud she could hear it in her ear.

What do we do now? The questioned came out of Andrew's mouth. "Well um" She hated that she was tripping over her words now. "Well we" She paused again trying to shake herself mentally out of this. Caina closed her eyes for an instant trying to get her thoughts back in order. "We should tread water yeah that sounds good" She said slowly taking a step back, hating that she was doing so. Though she wasn't going to let her emotions ruin the friendship no matter how much she wanted to take that next step. "Just um treading is like just" Pull yourself together She yelled at herself mentally hoping that this would help.

"Treading is like swimming in place. Simple enough just move your arms and legs at the same time and yeah" She said sinking into the water and treading water carefully keeping only her neck out of the water. Her cheeks were slightly pink due the thoughts she was only having moments before. How could she have been so stupid to think that?

Andrew couldn't help noticing that Caina was looking back at him the same way he was looking at her and wasn't being able to say what she wanted to properly. He wanted to do something, lean forward and kiss her but that action would mean end, end of everything and he didn't want that to happen.

He blinked a few times as Caina moved a step back. He came back to his senses and heard what she said. "Umm..okay" he said as he sinking himself in the water like Caina and started moving his hands and legs. But his legs seemed to come down, they wouldn't be parallel to the water surface like that of Caina. "I can't..my legs are just like" he said trying again and couldn't do anything but splash water around using his hands.

((sorry it took me so long to post. I explained in pm))

Caina was still having some issues with trying to remember what to say. Andrew had just caught her off guard with their closeness. Yet maybe what really caught her off guard was the feelings she had felt in that moment. If she hadn't gotten herself together she probably would have kissed him. Oh god She thought almost wishing she had but also glad that she hadn't.

Though as Andrew tried to tread water, she let out a small laugh at his attempt. "That was a good attempt" She said smiling at him softly. "Ok let's try something a little different" She said smiling as she tried to think about how to go about this. Finally an idea came to mind. "Okay here take my hands for a second" Caina said reaching out her hands for Andrew to take, she was now standing at her full height once more.

"I'm going to float on my stomach and kick my feet" She explained before attempting this. Then once you understand you can give it a try" She said with a smile.

Andrew took her hand, feeling nervous. She floated and boy, was she good at this. "Caina, you are excellent swimmer" he said amazed as he saw her float. Should I go now? he thought nervously. He didn't want to make a fool of himself infront of Caina and the way he and swimming were related he was sure, it would surely end up killing him one day.

"Uh..okay
" he said as let her hand slip away after she had stood up and then he decided to hold it once again. Yes, that was the safe way. He leaned forward on his stomach, the cool water against his skin and started moving his two legs and left arm. It seemed to work because for almost a minute he was being able to do it as he breathed deeply.

Then once again, his legs turned to lead and his feet were on the ground. "I stink at this" he said in a whisper with a sigh.

Caina felt goosebumps appear on her arm. Through the goosebumps were not because she was cold. Unbelieable she was not cold at all. The small bumps were caused by no other the effect that Andrew had on her as they held hands for no other purpose but to learn about the topic at hand. Seriously Caina get your head back in order She thought to herself only wishing that this whole thing was that simple.

"You did great" Caina said as she watched Andrew make a rather good attempt. "You are getting better" She said giving him a small hug in the process. A shiver ran up her spine as she released Andrew from the hug giving him none other than a bright smile. "I bet you'll be swimming laps around me in no time" She added running her hand through her hair briefly.

Andrew was dazzled for a minute as she hugged him. If she thought he was doing good, it must be true. "Umm..thanks. I hope so too" he said with a smile as he looked at her wet blonde hair. Bringing his eyes back to her face he said "I wouldn't want you to lose a bet because of me" he said meaning truly the words that he spoke.

"So, I promise to practice harder"
he said as he did the floating on the stomach thing once more and this time it felt better. "But you must accompany me every time I try. I don't want to see you cry if I drown and die" he said with a wink.

Caina had to let out a small laugh as Andrew spoke. She couldn't help but smile when she was around her. The blonde watched as Andrew attempted to float on his stomach once more. He'll be getting this in no time She thought happily knowing that it was just Andrew that was picking up it quickly not that she was just a good teacher. Though Caina knew she wasn't horrible. If only she knew where to go from here. If only she could clear her mind. This task however seemed impossible when she was here with Andrew.

At his next comment she pushed him slightly. "Don't even say that. You will not go into the water without me" She said a small smile forming on her face though it decreased slightly. "I'd be completely lost without you" She said knowing it was the truth. Looking down at the water she pushed a few strands of hair behind her ear not believing that she had just killed the moment with her statement.

"So you want to call it a day? I mean we can always do this another day" She commented looking up at Andrew once more meeting his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back