Lazing

Kyle Smith

Kyle walked out to the lake and took a seat, no one was there so Kyle just looked out across the lake and smiled. He could see the sky getting darker and checked his watch it wasnt really late so he stayed where he was and hoped someone would join him.

Macey had been in the Hogwarts Scotland tent working on some charms homework. That was what she always seemed to be doing. She was trying to do all her homework to get the best grades to become prefect even though she probably wouldn't get it. She and her twin sister were the two that were in line for prefect. One prefect two twin ravenclaws it didn't look well for one of them. Plus Macey had been over here in New Zealand all year. Her chance seemed less than perfect. She would still try just not right now.

Macey got up and put her homework aside as she walked out of the tent a jacket tightly wrapped on her trying to keep herself warm. Though it was spring now she still was not super warm as if she was like in the summertime. Macey walked about on the lawn and then over to the lake front where she saw what looked to be a first year boy. macey was usually dead on with ages. It was just one thing she was good at guessing.

Anyway she decided to go join the boy because he looked rather lonely himself "Hey" Macey said walking over to him a smile on her face "Mind some company?" She asked.

Kyle looked up and seen a girl who looked like a 3rd or 4th year. " Sure. Im Kyle." He said with a smile. " So, what you doing out here?" Kyle asked.

Macey gave the boy a smile when he said she could join him though Macey was the type that even if the boy said no she would have gone on about it's a free lakefront until finally the boy left or said yes. It was just how she was. "Thanks I'm Macey" Macey said introducing herself though it was odd for her to do so. It was almost the end of her time here at New Zealand and she was still introducing herself to the people around her. Maybe she wasn't as social as she wanted to be though she blamed the imense amount of work.

"Oh I got tired of doing charms work" Macey said looking out over the lake "Plus that tent gets extremely boring" Macey added as she motioned briefly towards the Hogwarts Scotland tents. "So what about you what brings you out here?" Macey asked

When Macey said that the tents were boring, he guessed that she was from Hogwarts Scotland. " Just fed up of staying in my dorm." He admitted. " So, whats it like at Hogwarts Scotland?" Kyle asked curiously.

Macey smiled as Kyle said he was fed up with staying in his dorm. How she really wanted to be staying in a dorm right now. Sure the tent was nice. And yes it was fun for the first two weeks. After that the fun wore off and she just craved her dorm room back home. Though she didn't miss it enough to go back... not yet at least.

"Hogwarts Scotland is nice" Macey said thinking back "The two schools here and back home are quite a like actually" Macey explained. "The classes over there are smaller and there are less people. " Macey said knowing that she was one of the oldest Ravenclaw's other than Trina at least, but they were the same age.

"It's home basically and hard to explain. Just as hard as if I was to ask you what's it like at Hogwarts New Zealand" Macey said smiling as she pushed a piece of her red hair that had fallen into her face back behind her one ear.

Kyle grinned then said. " Are you missing home" Kyle knew that if he was here on a trip he would of liked to stay but his Dad would proberly of forced him to go back.

Macey thought about it. This was actually a hard question as was everything that involved home and here lately. "I miss some things. I miss my sisters Emily and Trina. I miss being so close to home. I miss being one of the oldest Ravenclaws and I miss the hunky Muggle Studies Professor" Macey said laughing at the last part as she glanced over at Kyle giving him a look of 'I'm-a-girl-you-should-expect-it'

"But I like it here a lot" Macey said smiling "I just wish that I didn't have to go back. If only I could talk Trina into coming here..." Macey said thinking about her statement. Yeah if only she as allowed to do that..if only that would happen....if only statements were only hopes.

" You have two sisters, i dont have any." Kyle said amazed. He had always wanted a brother or sister.When Macey said she missed the Professor, Kyle laughed then said. " Im not even gonna ask about the Professor." When Macey said she wished that she could talk Trina into coming here, Kyle said. " I dont think she would want to."

"yeah I have two sisters" Macey said getting the hint that Kyle wanted siblings. "But don't worry they aren't as cracked up as everyone claims them to be" Macey said a smile on her face. Though she did actually really like having sisters even if her and Emily were not close at all.

"You really don't think she would want to come?" Macey said a little dishearted. She knew deep down that Trina wouldn't want to but still she hoped and wished. "I guess that means I am forced to go back" Macey said a little sadly "You can't split up twins now can you" She said smiling slightly. Sure she would go back to Hogwarts Scotland and she would no longer be known as just Macey she would be grouped with Trina again. After all they were just those Ravenclaw Daniels twins.

Kyle grinned then said. " When you go back everyone will be talking to you and asking you questions about Hogwarts New Zealand and you proberly wont even get a minute to talk to your sisters."

"I doubt it" Macey said right off the bat. Now she didn't want this to be a morbid conversation. The last thing she wanted was to load all her feelings off on some first year that probably had so many better things to do than listen to someone from Scotland that didn't want to go back home.

"Everyone will be asking questions to Noah, Asher, Nina, and Alex. I just seem to always fade out into the background" Macey added though a smile was on her face. "I've changed a lot when I came over her. I am not such a wall flower anymore" She added "But on a happier note. I bet you cant' wait for this year to be over. Not the best time being a first year is it?" Macey asked.

Kyle nudged her playfully then said. " Of course people will be asking you questions about here. Dont kid yourself." " First year is ok i suppose but yeah i cant wait until next year its going to be better. Wait how did you know i was a first year?" He asked at the end confused.

Macey took the playful nudge and smile. "We will see I guess not too far away" Macey said. She had actually been counting the days until she had to go home. Not that she was excited to go home more that she was counting down the days like one would count the dreadful days until a doctor's appointment or dentist.

Though as Kyle spoke Macey thought about what he was saying. She remembered her first year. It was so scary going to a new school. First being labeled by everyone and basically an outcast. Without her sister Macey didn't know if she would have made it. Now she seemed and felt like the selfish one. Maybe it was better to go back to school after all.

Macey playfully nudged Kyle back at his last comment "You just throw off an aura of a first year" Macey teased

" Thanks very much." Kyle said grinning. " Well, you act just like a third year." He didnt know if she was in that year but said it anyway.

Macey smiled and let out the smallest little giggle. "oh do I?" She said grinning. "Well I have never heard that I acted immature for my age until I meant you" She teased. "I'm actually a fourth year" She said. Actually Macey had never been told that she acted younger than she was though it was only a year in this case. And really Macey probably did act younger. It was more fun. Too many people were letting their childhoods pass due to the fact that they were trying to grow up so soon. Macey wanted nothing to do with becoming an adult and she had time.

Kyle looked at Macey for a moment then said. " I said fourth year." He then stuck his tounge out grinning. He knew he had said third year but didnt say that. Kyle looked at the water then asked. " Are you cold?"

"Oh then maybe I misunderstood" Macey said rolling her eyes in jest. she knew that he had said third year. Her hearing wasn't going even after that one charms lesson with the increasing volume of the voice spell that escaped Macey's mind at the moment. Basically at the time she was more worried about going deaf. Though that wasn't here or now so she put it out of mind.

When Kyle asked Macey if she was cold she smiled a bit "No I'm not too cold" She said "I mean this jacket is good for some things" She added with a grin as well of a hint of teasing in her voice. "Are you cold?" She wondered if that was why he had asked in the first place.

" Nope im fine." Kyle said grinning. He splashed some water at Macey then stood up and shouted. " Now you are." Kyle then began to run around the lake laughing.

Macey flashed Kyle a small smile. Though she did find it a rather odd question to ask. Macey hoped she didn't seem like she was cold or look cold as a matter of fact. Though Macey thought that she didn't.

Then all of a sudden Kyle splashed water at her. Macey smiled and let out a laugh as she began to chase after him not really knowing why or how she would get him back but still it was plenty of fun. "I should totally kill you" Macey said laughing a bit as she caught up to Kyle smiling widely.

" Hey, not fair you can run faster." Kyle said jokingly. " No you shouldnt kill me, i havent done anything." He added with an innocent smile but then started laughing.

Macey smiled "It is completey fair you started it" She added joking a bit. She let out a small giggle when Kyle said that he hadn't done anything. "Oh sure you haven't" She said playfully rolling her eyes. "You are completely innocent" She teased and laughed a bit along with Kyle

"But I must warn you. You pull something like that you'll regret it" Macey said trying to keep a straight face but failing as a grin appeared on her lips.

" I know i am." Kyle said when Macey said thet he was completely innocent. " Oh will i now,says who." He said when Macey said he would regret pulling a stunt like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back