Laying Down

Tyler Queen

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Tyler walked along the grounds, barely able to find a reason to stay awake, when he stumbled onto a Rosebush. Tyler wasn't one for flowers, never had been, and probably never would be, but he knew that if he wanted to meet some girls - which he did, for flirting purposes only - he'd probably find it easier to be here. So Tyler took a seat on a wooden bench and laid down, waiting for someone to come speak to him, or for something to happen, as it always seemed to do for him. He wasn't too sure if that was a bad thing, or a good one but it usually worked out. He put his arms behind his head, acting as a pillow, and curled his lips over into a slight frown, though why he was frowning, he was too sure of, he just was.

Hayley walked down to the lakefront, then changed her mind, water= a no no for Hayley. So she walked around the grounds, until she came to a Rosebush.

She looked at the Rosebush, wondering why it was there. Just then, she noticed a boy, about her age,, laying on a bench. Hayley walked over to him, 'Hey, im Hayley, mind if i join you?' She asked, sitting on the ground next to the bench.

Tyler lifted up his head to see a pretty brunette speaking to him. Tyler gave her a dazed smile and said, "Hey Hayley, I'm Tyler Queen. Feel free." Tyler sat up and put out his hand charmingly so the girl could sit beside him. Tyler flashed the girl a crooked smile as he waited for her response.

'Hey Tyler, nice to meet you,' Hayley said, a smile on her face. She got up from the ground and sat on the bench next to him, 'Are you a first year?'

Tyler nodded his head at the girls question and he suck further into the bench, as he released her small hand from his then said, "First Year Ravenclaw, and yourself?" Tyler glanced in her direction for a moment, his bright green eyes gleaming mischeaviously.

'Gryffindor,' Hayley sighed, she really had hoped to be in Ravenclaw. 'How are you liking it here?' She asked, flashing a smile at him.

"It's alright.. different from home no less," Tyler stated then looked at his knuckles rubbing them boredly, they had tons of scrapes from the fight he had with his brother, not too long ago. "So tell me about yourself Hayley?" Tyler said with a slight grin to the girl.

Hayley smiled, 'Um, i come from England, but my parents moved to Calafornia when i was 9, um, but they died in a car crash a couple months back. Since then ive lived with a foster family. I dont have any brothers or sisters. Um, im a muggleborn. Thats it really.' Hayley said, 'How about you?'

Tyler grinned at the girl when she said she was from California, he remembered going to the warm beaches, it reminded him of home so very much, but it turned into an sympathetic frown at the girls' next words and he sighed and said, "I'm ugh.. sorry." Tyler didn't much care for sympathy, so he hardly gave it, so this seemed fake, but it wasn't meant that way.

"I was born in Ireland but when I was about two I moved to Argentina with my family, I have one older brother and one little sister, that's about it," Tyler said, not daring to mention the fact that his family was terribly poor his parents did drugs and drank on the daily and that he and his brother were took care of his sister, but now that he was here it was up to his older brother.

Hayley smiled, 'Its okay,' She wasnt over her parents death, but she knew that her parents would never want it to ruin her life.

'Argentina, ive always wanted to go there.' Hayley stated, 'Is it nice?'

Tyler shook his head then nodded his head at her question and said, "Well.. it depends on where you go really, I hear the tourist areas are nice." Tyler chuckled awkwardly but it died out, and he frowned, he couldn't help but be jealous of the people here, they all seemed so rich, and he.. he was a poor little argentinian boy.

Hayley smiled, she had a small suspicion Tyler wasnt telling her something, but Hayley wasnt gonna force it out of him.
Hayley wasnt sure what to say next, 'Um, so do your brother and sister come to Hogwarts?'

Tyler shook his head and said, "My brother just graduated and my sister is too young." Tyler felt relieved that Hayley didn't say anything, and he assumed she hadn't noticed it either. He didn't like people knowing the details of his life.

'Awesome,' Hayley half sighed, 'I dont know anyone who has come here,' She stated.

Hayley was beginning to feel a little alone here, she was always used to people, people she knew, but here there was noone, she hoped this would change in time.

Tyler grinned at Hayley and said, "Well don't worry about it, you're about the first person from here I've met as well.. my brother went to Beauxbatons." Tyler rolled his eyes slightly at the name of the school, it sounded so stupid.

"Yeah, it's in France I believe," Tyler said thoughfully then noticed Hayley's frown and he put his arm around her shoulder and said, "Hey what's that frown for?" Tyler gave her a swift wink already expecting that she would either giggle or blush, or both, just as all girls did when they spoke to him, his exotic accent seemed to be a sort of drug to them.

'Oh awesome,' Hayley said, blushing when Tyler but his arm around her shoulder, unsure whether to rest her head on his shoulder. 'Um,' Hayley giggled, a bit lost in her thoughts.

Tyler smirked when she blushed but it formed into a smile when she giggled and seemed a bit dazed. And said, "Yeah.. awesome." Tyler quite enjoyed seeing girl's reactions to him, even though he knew full well that he had no intention of continuing anything with them. Some girls had called him a jerk, a flirt, a tease, but he loved it, everything about it, it was his drug.

Hayley smiled, still a little dazed, 'Sorry, i guess im not used to male attention.' She laughed, trying to snap out of it.

"Male situation?" Tyler repeated curiously with raised eye brows not unable to hold in a slight laugh at the girls words. Interesting year... Tyler thought as he shook his head slightly not removing his arm around Hayley for a second or two then he put it back to his side.

"Well.. that has got to be just awful for our whole sex," Tyler said with a light wink to the girl then chuckled inwardly. She was pretty, but certainly not enough to tempt him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back