• HNZ final community signature
    HNZ is now in read-only mode
    After years of stories, friendship, and shared history, HNZ has entered its archive era.
    Thank you to every member, professor, prefect, shopkeeper, club leader, GM, and admin who helped build this community.
    Read the closing announcement →
    Want to stay connected? Find fellow members here →

Laura Aisling Zavaglia

Laura Zavaglia

Mini MacGyver | Caught In The Middle
 
Messages
153
OOC First Name
Camilla
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Age
12
Full Name:- Laura Aisling Zavaglia
Laura - from the Latin for the laurel plant, a symbol of victory and strength
Aisling - of Irish origin, meaning 'dream' or 'vision'
Zavaglia - from the Italian zavagliare, to 'patch together to confuse'

Nicknames:- Lolly, Lauz, LZ

Date of Birth:- 14 January 2054, making her a Capricorn. Patient and resourceful, but can sometimes be slower to trust and can repress emotions to aid in responsibility.

Current Age:- 11

Basic Appearance:- Kind of a jumble of traits from her origins, she's a fairly average height with a complexion that's in a weird midpoint between fair and olive. She's got long brown hair she often wears in a ponytail and tends to dress in a sort of sports-casual manner (think jerseys, shorts and sandals or sneakers).

Personality:- Mostly pretty laid back and friendly. She's sensitive and thoughtful possibly to a fault, and perhaps a little easily influenced by the feelings and opinions of authority figures. Gets along well with most people but doesn't necessarily have many close friends. Very much a mummy's girl. She's resourceful and enjoys sports and outdoor activities (think high ropes and rock climbing). Decent academically but not a super high achiever.

Family:- Mostly just her and her mother, Siobhan. Her father was a professional football player (has since retired and moved into coaching) however they split when Laura was very little. Her mother's siblings, Conor and Aine, have been around a little as Laura's grown up, but as long as she can remember it's just been the two of them at home.

Pets:- None currently - the apartment isn't necessarily conducive to keeping a pet.

Area of Residence:- Melbourne, Australia.

Blood Status:- Muggleborn, not technically the first witch in her family but the second aberration after her aunt.

Special Abilities:- n/a

Interests or Hobbies:- Scouting, rock climbing/ropes courses/abseiling, Australian football, shopping, eating, playing games with friends, and recently she's gotten into crochet.

Additional Skills:- Knows how to read a compass and is a pretty accurate goal kick.

Favourite place to be:- Either the Carlton cafe she and her mother are regulars at on a Sunday morning or at the MCG.

Friends:- While she gets along well with people, it takes a bit for them to be considered a close friend. Her best friend is a boy named EJ at her school who she gravitated to because he's American and came to the school later. He's more excitable than she is but they balance each other out well.

Hogwarts House:- tba

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:- To immediately leave and get back home!

Best school subjects:- PE, maths, science.

Worst school subjects:- English, but very specifically creative writing. Never seems to be able to write what the teachers want.

Extracurricular Activities:- AFL & scouts.

Plans for your future:- tba

Your Patronus:- tba

Your Patronus memory:- tba

Your Boggart:- tba

Your Animagus:- tba

Mirror of Erised:- tba

A page from your diary:-
Dear EJ,

I'm writing this in a diary because I'm not allowed to tell you what's really happening. The truth is I'm not going to school in Sydney but I'm maybe a witch. I know its weird and hard to believe but magic is real and I promise I'm not crazy!!! It could be a mistake though and I hope it is. I wish I could tell you the truth and it SUCKS that I have to lie!!! I hope you aren't going to be mad at me. So I am writing this to pretend I can tell you and one day I'll probably tell you anyway because you're my best friend and I know you won't tell anyone else.

Anyway I'm really sorry and please please please don't be mad at me and please don't forget about me while I'm away because I can't message you normally actually can I write letters to you if you pretend it's completely normal to get and send letters by owl??? I hope you don't forget about me while I'm away and if you do I am going to curse my auntie because mum says it's her fault that I'm a witch anyway.

From LZ
 
Back
Top