Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Rowan Wand 15 Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Okay, so just now Jesse, Teigan, myself, and Micah were all on Skype, being very bored. You see, Jesse was unable to do anything interesting, and so it was decided that it would be fun to have a little writing competition. Jesse was on his phone, and was unable to participate, so he was the judge (Judge Jesse), and was to pick the winner for this little writing competition.

The rules stated that each participant give another the outline of their story, the genre, and the intended audience. Jesse did not know who wrote what story, but he did known the outline of the story, the genre, and the intended audience. The participants did not know what each other were given as instructions until the end, also. Each story outline had five points that had to be included to the story, if this was not done, a penalty was paid of one point. The short stories were marked out of twenty points. The participants had thirty minutes to write and finish their stories, and submit them to me, so I could show them to Jesse without him knowing who wrote them. He only learnt who wrote what at the end.

I'm not sure if something like this goes here, but we had a lot of fun with it. Everyone gave permission for their short story to be posted. We wanted to share the fun with you guys, and maybe make it a game eventually, to play among yourselves, or maybe as a community thing eventually, who knows. But it's HNZ's 10th birthday, so why not post a little fun? If there's a better spot for this, Admins or GMs, feel free to move the topic. xD
Also, to share Jesse's experience with you all, we won't tell you who the authors are! They were just light-hearted and silly stories that had to be thought up on the fly - while we were all rather tired. The results were interesting, ranging from hilarious, to rather saddening. Have fun reading! :)
Submission One:
Genre: Horror
Audience: Children
Must include:
[ul][li]An awkward giraffe</LI>
[li]The odour of burning plastic
[li]A sack of potatoes
[li] A ginger spider
[li]The sentence 'well, that's not natural'

Once upon a time, in a meadow, there lived a very awkward giraffe. This giraffe was very awkward because he was so much taller than all of the other giraffes. He liked to tease the others relentlessly, because when he was a baby they once stuffed his head into a sack full of potatoes and that really hurt his feelings. Now, however, he was the biggest giraffe of them all and he was much safer from their taunting games. Unfortunately, he also became the tormenter of all the other baby giraffes and this made all of them sad, just as he had been.

The baby giraffe's got together one day to think up a plan on how they would be able to get away from the meanie bigger giraffe. They wanted to show him what it felt like to be teased and down trodden. They didn't know he had been bullied himself, but it didn't matter, because bullying is never the answer. One day, as the sun was going down, Hurley, the ginger spider, came out of the tree and landed on the nose of one of the baby giraffes. He looked them in the eyes and pointed one of his long, gangly legs to the open space where the bully giraffe was sleeping. His limbs were all over the place and his head was tucked under his legs as if he were trying to burying himself inside himself. The baby giraffe shook its head. "Well, that's not natural."

The ginger spider shook his head and pointed to the bee hive. Inside it were hundreds of angry bees. They had been buzzing around for hours and it was starting to down on the babies that they might be able to use the bees for their advantage. Quietly clopping over to the tree that housed the angry, buzzing bees, the baby giraffe looked around to see if there was anything they could use to knock the bees down. Spotting an old torch laying on the ground, one of the baby giraffes hobbled over to it on unsteady legs and retrieved it. "Well what now?" It asked. Hurley nodded to the bees. "Light the torch and then throw it at the bees. They will become scared and they will attack the bully giraffe." The oldest of the babies nodded to Hurley and collected the fire. Placing it on the torch made a horrible odour, like burning plastic, but they were not deterred.

Walking closer to the bees, the babies threw the torch into the hive and waited patiently, but nothing happened. They looked at Hurley, surprised that he had been wrong, but Hurley shook his ginger body and smiled. "Just stick your head in there, they will be sure to come out." The youngest nodded and did as was bid. Unfortunately, when it stuck its head in, the bees attacked and he died quickly. The other baby giraffes guffawed and snicked. They were awfully confused by this. "Hurley, what has happened?" The oldest asked. Hurley shook his ginger body and smiled. "That one was young, you must be older, quick, try again, I’m sure they will attack this time."

Still believing in the ginger spider, the next youngest walked up to the bee hive and stuck its head in. Soon, they too were killed. By now the other babies were beginning to panic. "But I don’t understand, what has happened?" Hurley shook his ginger body and smiled. "Just one more time, I am sure it will work." So, the second eldest, walked up to the hive and stuck its head in. Sure enough, it too was killed by the sting of the bees.

Finally the eldest, the only one left, looked down at Hurley, who was sitting on its nose. "Why, Hurley, why did you do this?" Hurley shook his ginger body. "You are big and I am small. I must protect myself." The baby giraffe did not understand. "But the bully giraffe is so much bigger than us. Why not kill him?" Hurley shook his ginger body and smiled. "He is much bigger, I can sit on his nose and I can see the world. You are much too small, I can not see the world from your nose." And with that, Hurley bared his fangs and sank them into the soft cheek of the baby giraffe, who was soon dead.

THE END

Submission One received 18/20, and came a tied second.[/li][/ul]
[ul]</UL>​
[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[/li][/ul]
Submission Two:
Genre: Romance
Audience: Young Adult
Must include:
<UL>[ul][li]The origin beginning in a haunted house
[li]A unicorn
[li] A peanut butter sandwich
[li] A below-average looking prince
[li] Someone that is the wrong-genre-savvy.[/li][/ul]

Prince Below-Average swaggered into the haunted house themed brothel, an arrogant smile on his face. He was feeling randy and looking for love, albeit for only $7 an hour and in a dimly lit room where not only were the ghosts moaning, but the ladies were too.

Approaching the ragged, and obviously used to be good looking madam of the establishment who was trying to look sultry whilst chewing noisily on a peanut butter sandwich, Prince Below-Average placed a burlap sack of money down on the side table to his right. Gold he had earned from princesses paying him off rather than accepting his hand in marriage as he weas just so below average. He was certainly no Prince Charming.

The madam smiled and took the burlap sack of money

"Looking for a spaceship are you?" She asked, winking and pulling a brochure of high tech space objects from her brassiere, "or a time travel device?"

The prince shook his head. "I'm after Unicorn."

The madam frowned. "Is that a new model? I don't think I have that in stock."

"No, Unicorn the most popular creature in this haunted house themed brothel. The one who definitely has more than one horn if you know what I mean." He grinned and walked off through the fake cobwebbed hallways and into the room labelled Unicorn. Inside was a women painted white with a unicorn's horn perched precariously on her boofy White hair. A second horn a lot lower down.

She frowned, "ah prince Below-Average what a pity to see you again. Still couldn't find a princess that would accept your face?"

He shook his head "No, clearly or I wouldn't be here"

She grinned and beckoned him over. The room went black.

The End.

Submission Two received 18/20 and came a tied second.
Submission Three
Genre: Children
Audience: Children
Must Include:
[ul][li]The phrase 'omg, like, are you sure?',
[li]Two protagonists
[li]A baby koala in danger (at some point)
[li]An antagonistic mute
<LI>[li]A protagonist with a limp.[/li][/ul]

There was once a young prince, named Prince Estabon von Bonbon. Prince Estabon von Bonbon (fondly called Prince von Bon by his friends) was a kind, and happy prince. However, poor Prince von Bon also had a limp. Prince von Bon was not the only prince in the kingdom. No, for Prince von Bon had a brother, Prince Estabam von Bambam (fondly called Prince von Bam by his friends). Prince von bam was not as kind as his brother, but made up for it in intelligence, which he mostly used to belittle others, especially his rather simple brother, Prince von Bon.

They lived together in a happy kingdom, where there was no hunger or strife, and where all were happy and well. Prince von Bon and Prince von Bam, however, were still too young to rule the kingdom. They had to wait until their father, King Estabin von Binbin (fondly called King von Bin by his friends) was dead. Which, unfortunately, did not seem likely, as he was a very fit man and seemed to repel old age almost as much as Prince von Bon repelled intelligence, and Prince von Bam repelled kindness.

"Oh my god," said King von Bin said, staring at his advisor. "Like, are you sure?"

The advisor inclined his head. "Yes, Your Highness. I am like, sure."

"Well then." He looked upon his sons dutifully. "I shall send my, like, sons to go and check this out."

Prince von Bam stared. "I don't think so."

"Don't be like that, Estabam," replied Prince von Bon, elbowing his brother gently in the rib. "It'll be fun."

"I don't think hunting down mutes is fun," replied Prince von Bam stubbornly. "I have better things to do with my time."

The king's nostrils flared. "We cannot allow mutes here," he stated firmly. "If they cannot sing their praises of our family, then they are not welcome!"

The two princes set out immediately (after Prince von Bam managed to sneak his pet koala into his bag, of course) across the winding country, in search of the unhappy person in their kingdom. Unhappiness was not allowed, and while Prince von Bam himself was questionable in the happiness department, he made up for it in his enthusiasm to upset others. Especially his brother, with talk of treason.

"I would never consider poisoning Father," replied prince von Bon. "I love him."

"You love everything from the dirt in the crack of your boot, to that princess in the neighbouring kingdom," replied Prince von Bam, nursing his koala. "At least try to have some boundaries."

Prince von Bon, having been sure they reached their destination, dropped from his horse, and limped carefully to the sign on the road, deciding it would be best to ignore his brother. He examined the sign, and shook his head.
"We must have found them," he said, pointing to the sign.

Prince von Bam trotted over, his eyebrow raising as he read the sign. "Meet your doom?" he read, before snorting. "No, I believe we must have found the group of nihilistic dramatists."

Prince von Bon rolled his eyes, and limped his way to the front door of the dank, sad little hunt before them. This was clearly a sad place, filled with sad people. Mutes could not be allowed in the kingdom.

Suddenly, Prince von Bam's baby pet koala was plucked from his arms by the mute, who had magically appeared before him. As any other person would do, Prince von Bam let the mute keep the creature. He was not dying for a critter he brought for half a gold piece at the markets!

Prince von Bon, however, was not so callous. He unsheathed his sword, and pointing it at the villain. "Unhand our pet, you foul creature!"

The mute stared at him as if he had sprouted another head, and pulled out a notepad. She wrote upon it, and held it in front of her, allowing the princes to read.

'I will return the koala, if you promise to leave me alone.'

"Leave you alone?" Prince von Bam said, shaking his head. "Sorry. Can't happen. We are under orders by our father, the King. No mutes allowed. You bring sadness."

'Sadness?' she wrote, her face dropping. 'No, it is your king who brings sadness. I cannot sing him praises, but I can still feel happy. I am a human, and my condition should not hold me back. I am like you, but a little quieter.'

"You are nothing like us," said Prince von Bon. "We are not mutes."

'Then you are not like him,' she wrote, pointing to his brother. 'For you too are like me.'

He tilted his head. "How?"

Prince von Bam groaned. "Clearly because you're an idiot."

'You too, are broken,' she wrote, gesturing to his leg. 'And if you were my brother, you too would be mistreated by the people in your kingdom.' She looked at Prince von Bam. 'And you, you are just as cynical as me, yet you are accepted for you, but I am not for me. How can I be happy if I am hated for who I am, when I am just like you?'

Prince von Bon frowned, and for the first time, felt sadness, and it shocked him. "You are right." He looked at his brother, his heart beating within his chest. "She is right."

"I heard."

"We must overthrow our father!" he announced, fist-pumping. "Let us go!"

And so, an epic (but bloodless) war erupted, and the princes overthrew their happiness-obsessed father. The cynical Prince von Bam married the mute girl (whose name turned out to be Hestia), while Prince von Bon married the nice princess next door, who happened to have a limp as well!

They all lived in a beautiful kingdom, where people loved, laughed and had fun freely, but also felt lose, pain and sadness. But this did not ruin them, as this new flood of emotions brought them together. It brought them empathy. It brought them true acceptance.

And for the first time in all of time, they were happy.

The end.

Submission Three received 20/20 and came first.

What an awesome idea xD The second one is my favourite! =))

'He was feeling randy and looking for love, albeit for only $7 an hour and in a dimly lit room where not only were the ghosts moaning, but the ladies were too.'

I almost spat out my drink xD

It was super fun! Can you see if you can guess who wrote what, Claire :r

Hmm.. 1) Micah, 2) Teigan :r 3) Tenilee?

Probably all wrong =))

Ooh, so close xD

You got one right :r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back