Last Minute, I Know

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius had only just gotten back to Hogwarts a day ago, after the exams had finished. Normally it wouldn't be a good idea for him to miss his exams from his old school and the Hogwarts ones, but he was a fifth year now and their O.W.L.'s were at the end of the year, so it didn't matter right now. Unfortunately, Scorpius had forgotten about the Yule Ball and realized that the day he decided to come back happened to be the same day the Yule Ball would be going on.

Scorpius had gone to the Hufflepuff common room to look for Sam or Jenna but when he asked a passing Hufflepuff to go inside and ask for them, the Puff had come out saying they were nowhere to be found inside, so Scorpius sighed and headed down to the dungeons to look for his other friend, someone whom he hadn't talked to in ages and was feeling guilty for leaving without saying anything. So far he was just going to stay clear of the Gryffindor tower, and was glad that Slytherin's common room was all the way down in the dungeons.

As the sixteen year old descended the stairs, knots formed in his stomach though he didn't quite know why. It wasn't until he saw the bench where he and Taylor often sat that he realized being down in the dungeons was probably not a good idea. What if Hoshi wasn't even there in her common room? She wasn't the type to usually stay indoors, after all. Scorpius sighed, putting one foot on the bottom step of the stairs, contemplating whether he should sit and wait for a Slytherin to pass by and see if Hoshi was inside or if he should just leave the dungeons that reminded him of Taylor, someone he still wasn't over.

Hoshi was seven levels of scratched up and banged up. She had been outside on her skateboard. She had become very careless after one point but she didn't care really. It was really hurting her that Sinclair had even surfaced from his books in order to ask her to the ball. Did he even know it was coming up? He really was so unaware of the world around him. He was so unaware of her. Still there was a part of her that couldn't help but love him. Hoshi walked back to the common room while taking her wand and fixing a rip on her sleeve.

Another person that she missed was her best friend Knight. He had disapered without a word and, though Hoshi didn't show it, it had crushed her a little bit. Wasn't she worthy of knowing these things? Hoshi was contemplating this when she saw a familiar form at the bottom of the stair's. "Knight-kun?" She asked while looking at him with wide eyes. "Knight-kun!" She yelled then let her skateboard go. She dove on her other male best friend and hugged as if it had been years since he had been away.

Hoshi then stepped back and aimed a swift kick to his ribs. "Where in the world did you go Knight-kun do you know what it was like for Sam and me to find you gone one day!" She yelled with her hands on her hips. She was happy to see him and somewhat angry that he hadn't so much as left a letter for them when he did go. Hoshi would have understood if Knight could only write to them when he got there because the news had been so sudden.

Scorpius looked back at the bench he and Taylor used to sit on and was just about to go and sit there to wait for Hoshi when he heard someone approaching. Scorpius half smiled in relief, hoping it was a Slytherin who could go ask for Hoshi inside, but the moment he heard the words 'Knight-kun' from the top of the stairs, he knew immediately who it was without being able to make her out. Scorpius smiled widely, the faint scar across his lips stretching so it made his smile seem crooked, and hugged his friend back eagerly, his arms wrapping easily around her small frame. He hadn't realized how much he had grown until just then.

His growth spurt was pretty obvious though, he was significantly taller with hints of muscles from playing Quidditch, and not to mention the slight stubble that had already began to grow. And he no longer wore his hair up in a spiky do, now it was so long he just let it hang freely. "Hey Hoshi," he greeted her happily, his Irish accent strong from being home for so long. He stepped back to take a good look at her and see what color her hair was this time, but instead he was distracted by her angry expression and her kick to the ribs.

"Ow!" he protested as he held his ribs, knowing there was going to be a bruise there. "What'd you do that for?!" he asked angrily, though a chuckle couldn't help but escape his lips - she was still the same Hoshi, that was a comforting thought. His question was soon answered and he realized she was upset with him for not saying goodbye before he left. Knots formed in his stomach with uneasiness again, filled with guilt and fear that she was going to kick him again. He ran his hand through his long, messy hair as he chuckled nervously. "Oh, that. Well there's this new wizard school that opened up in Ireland, and my parents thought it'd be good for me to be closer to home while still being able to learn magic, so they kinda just..transferred me," he shrugged; there wasn't much else to the story.

"But I came back because the school didn't have a Quidditch team so it sucked," he said. "And because I missed you all like crazy!!" he added quickly, knowing he should've said that first. He knew that even though he had been transferred he could've at least written afterward, for that he had no excuse. "S-sorry for not writing..." he said apologetically, his hands around his ribs protectively.

Hoshi at the age of fifteen had reached the grand hight of four foot ten. She was sort but curvy and, as Hoshi liked to say, she wasn't small she was fun sized. This height thing made Hoshi notice even more that Knight had in fact grown. Hoshi looked at him well for about half a second after she calmed down before focusing back on Knight's face. Hoshi remembered why she had a crush on him early first year. Even back then she had thought him absolutely handsome but now if she didn't have Sinclair to take her mind away from things like that she would have thought about going after him again.

Hoshi flicked a piece of green tipped hair out of her face and smiled wide. She couldn't stay angry at him for long. "Alright, alright but if you take off like that again I will personally hunt you down and kick something that will hurt worse." She said sticking her tongue out at him. Hoshi saw that he was defending his ribs from her and shook her head. Hoshi would have gone for discombobulation if she had really wanted to hurt Knight.

Hoshi wrapped her arms around Knight in another much friendlier hug. "Welcome back Knight-kun. I know that there will a lot of people that will be back your back." She said happily. Sam would be extatic that his best male friend was back and she knew that Taylor-chan... Hoshi took that thought back. Taylor-chan became a Prefect and got together with another of the Prefects. Austin-sama was not an enemy but he did have a permanent stick up his behind. "Prefect-samas Blah" She said out loud.

Scorpius waited with with baited breath, his hands ready to block any blows she had coming his way, however he sighed with relief when she seemed to accept his apology and smiled once more. "I promise I won't disappear again," he replied affirmatively as he nodded his head. He had made his parents promise him they wouldn't take him out of school anymore, or at the very least they'd inform him or ask him if he wanted to be transferred first, give the guy a warning at least.

Scorpius welcomed Hoshi's friendly embrace once more and wrapped his arms around her. "Jeez when did you get so short?" he teased her as he messed up her hair playfully, smiling lightly at the gesture he always used to do, it was comforting to him.

Scorpius then heard her say 'Prefect-samas blah' and chuckled as he looked down at her with a puzzled look. "What're you talking about?" he asked with an air of humor in his voice.

Hoshi beamed. First Sam was back, sort of, from hiding, then Knight comes back. Everything seemed to be falling back into place and Hoshi could not be happier about it. "Better not or I'll have to track you down." She said wigging her hips a little as she put her hands on them. She meant it though. Hoshi wouldn't lose a friend like this again. She fought off Knight's offending hand as it messed up her hair. "Aw stop that you'll scatter the flames." She said laughing as she did.

Hoshi pushed Knight away playfully. "I got short when boys started taking giant pills." She said tossing at the green flames. "This is better than when my father disowned me." She said even though she knew it would be a strange thing to say. Hoshi could still remember when fought with her dad and got him to remove her from the Koshiba clan. Eden had taken her place and Hoshi had no hard feelings for her for that but she still wondered why Eden would do something like that. She let it go thought.

Hoshi shook her head when Knight talked about her comment. "A lot of our friends or Prefects and no fun anymore. Lissy-chan and Libby-chan are still cool even though they got the badges. Sam-kun and Taylor-chan are cool but they wouldn't do a lot of stuff anymore. There are a few others that would really mess things up if they caught me." She said with a sigh. Pranking was getting harder with people like Austin in the seats of power but Hoshi wouldn't think it fun if it wasn't like that. "That's a big if though." She said with usual devilish grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back