OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 18 Inch Flexible Hazel Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Elizabeth had made it through her first week of classes, but there was still several more to go. She decided to get out of the dim ole castle and enjoy the fresh lakefront breeze. Carefully holding her wand, she examined it closely. Elizabeth wanted to practice Lumos before next charms class, especially since she had already read about it in the book. She decided to wing it, thinking she remembered it close enough.

"Lumos," Elizabeth said firm, moving her wand through the air confidently. The tip of her wand glowed a bright purple for a few seconds before sputtering out. She shrugged her shoulders, she wasn't sure what was supposed to happen. "Lumos." She repeated again, this time the tip of her wand glowing slightly before gently fading away. Elizabeth gave a smile and sat down proudly in the grass, staring at her wand tip.

Louise Romanes was exploring the school and finally came to the grounds. He roamed then enough to see a student trying out lumos from what he could see. It was by the lake too, so the view was still pretty good. Louise walked over to the girl, who he recognized in his year and house. Louise himself tried the spell on the train on the way to the school. It worked really well for him. He approached her and smiled, "You are getting better." Louise sat down next to the peer, hoping that she would be a friendly one.

Elizabeth smiled at the Gryffindor boy who approached her. "Thank you." She said appreciatively. "How about yourself? How is it coming along for you?" Elizabeth asked him. "I'm Elizabeth, by the way, I don't know if we have actually met." She tucked a piece of hair behind her head and held her wand tightly, she had strong plans to get much better at the spell.

Louise pulled out his wand and verbally cast Lumos to show her how it was done. Louise found it to be a simple charm. He then used Nox to turn out his bright light. "I have had a lot of practice before I came here." The boy shrugged his shoulders. He shook his head. "No, we haven't met. My name is Louise Romanes." Louise gave a small smile to the peer.

Elizabeth watched amazed at the boys magic, she wished she had done more practice before school. "I've been around magic my whole life, but I never bothered trying to learn anything before school." She shrugged it off, oh well. "Nice to meet you, Louise." Elizabeth looked at her wand again, debating trying the spell again. She wasn't sure if it would be worth it or not to show off or potentially fail again. "Where were you before Hogwarts?" Elizabeth asked Louise.

Louise pocketed his wand and shrugged his shoulders. “Not a lot of students will practice before school. I like to get ahead I guess.” Definitely a trait of his father’s. Louise noticed that she was not going to try again. He hoped that he did not create that much of a distraction. Louise heard the question and turned his head at it. Shaking it slightly, he replied, “Home. My dad is a single dad. Mom went off to become a singer and left us. So, my dad raised me and taught me no-maj subjects and basic wizarding stuff.”

Louise reminded Elizabeth of her cousin Kara, always preparing for school. She was never a fan of school but did like to be prepared for hikes. "I like to spend the summers exploring and finding new things to climb." She said with a laugh. Elizabeth knew what it was like to have a single parent since her father had been in a coma a year before passing away. "I went to a primary school, nothing fancy. It was just a muggle school. Mom didn't really like teaching us much magic. She said we would learn what we needed to learn when we got to Hogwarts." She realized that was probably strange, but she wondered if her mom's opinion on that had changed since she started working at the ministry. "Thinking about it, mom didn't really use much magic after our father passed. She just recently got a job at the ministry, but it was right before we left for Hogwarts." Elizabeth hadn't talked to her mom in a while, only in passing did she mention things for her brother to write home about. She made a mental note to write home soon. "Maybe you can help me get this spell down?" Elizabeth asked hopefully, changing the subject away from her family. "Lumos." She said as the tip of her wand began to illuminate. "Nox." Elizabeth chanted, hoping to see the light go away. The light, however, stayed on, it seemed she was too distracted by thoughts of home.

Louise smiled a little when she said that she liked exploring and climbing. Louise was never the athlete himself, taking after his dad in that manner. While his dad used to play Quidditch and was in clubs, that kind of athlete did not run in his blood. He listened as she explained that she went to a muggle school, which was the name word as no-maj. He would have to remember that. "I guess some moms are like that," Louise shrugged. He didn't really know what his mom thought when it came down to teaching about magic. "Was your mom and dad magical? That might make some of the difference." He frowned a little, upon hearing that her father passed. He wouldn't know what to think if his died. She asked for some help, and Louise nodded. "You have to really focus. Clear your mind of wondering thoughts, since thoughts will hinder the magic."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back