Laine.

Laine Elders

Laine was walking down the street, mearly winodw shopping, because she loved seeing all the pretty things in the window.

Derrik was walking around the harbor and noticed two female students talking. One of them was crying. Derrik didn't like when others we down or upset. Maybe Derrik would be able to do things.

"Hey. Is something wrong?"

"You're gunna go to whatever house you were sorted in, and you are gunna be very proud of it." She stood. "There's no way you can chage it now." She looked sternly at her, "Your mother would be very upset knowing that her daughter was standing her crying over a mere sorting." She shook her head and turned to walk away. But, before she did, she saw a rather cute guy walk up, and ask if something was wrong, "No.." She smiled, "Tere's nothing wrong. She's just dissappointed in the Hat's sorting decison."

LeighAnn got snappy with the boy, and Laine, and said it a little louder then she meant too... "No... And Laine... I know that.. I'm gonna do what I have to.. It upsets me that I got placed in that Puff house. Laine our whole family on mothers side is Syltherin!"

"Oh come on..." Derrik said almost in a whisper.

"I'll be honest. I don't like it when another person is crying. Even if it's a little tear. Something must be wrong." Derrik said softly enough for Leighann to hear.

"She doesnt want to be in Hufflepuff." She smiled, and then turned to Leighann, "I don't wnat to be in Sytherin. I know what some kind of people in Slytherin act like. I don't want to be mixed with that."

"Well look at it this way, I didn't want Hufflepuff either. But I look at it as fate. I wanted to be in gryffindor and look where I got placed. Things happen for a reason." Derrik tried his best to comfort the both of them.

"I'm not a Puff... Look at me? I am my mothers child... I don't belong as a Puff. I can hear mother now. Look at that Puff.. She isn't my daughter. And you know it's true" She said this more to herself then the two people around her.

"Should it really matter what house that you were placed in? You should be happy that you got accepted and that you're still in the school."

She smiled at the boy, "I pretty much don't care what house I'm in, as long as I am in. You know what I mean? What's your name?"

" Look buddy. No one asked you." And with that she walked off and over her shoulder she said to Laine. "And you Laine... You should be ashamed. Our mother's hated the Puffs and you know why!"

"Ah...how rude of me. My name is Derrik. I am a Hufflepuff as well which I'm sure I mentioned that already. I'm really a nice person. Believe me LeighAnn, you have me to talk to when we finally get into school if things don't feel right."

Derrik turned toward the other girl.

"And what would your name be?"

She ran her red eyes toward his. "Hello, Derrik. She's rude, and I'm Laine." She said that with a laugh, "I'm sure to be in either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. I wouldn't mind either."

LeighAnn was stomping off in rage when a voice entered her head.. It was her mother...

" LEIGHANN ANDREA MCCLAY! WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS?? I DON'T CARE WHAT HOUSE YOUR IN. YOUR THERE AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. THAT PAST IS THE PAST NOW GROW UP AND ACT YOUR AGE. AND APOLOGIZE TO THAT YOUNG MAN AND YOUR COUSIN! I MEAN IT LEIGHANN..."

LeighAnn almost jumped out of her skin when she heard her mothers voice she scream loudly and stumbled to the ground.

Laine Elders said:
She ran her red eyes toward his. "Hello, Derrik. She's rude, and I'm Laine." She said that with a laugh, "I'm sure to be in either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. I wouldn't mind either."
She lookde over at Leighann. She's so clumsy. She fell, walking on flat ground.

"Oh....it's naturally in my blood to help people I'm just kind. I think LeighAnn needs time to blow everything off. Maybe then she'll feel better." Derrik put on a little frown.

"I mean it. Her mother's just passed away. You'll have to look over her till she realizes her mother can't run everything now..." She looked down, then turne her head back up, "And, I like that you're kind. Shows you have a sensitive side."

LeighAnn sat there for a minute. She looked around, but only seen Laine and that boy. She was scared. She got up and ran back to Laine and the guy. "Laine did you see that? It was mom.. I am so sorry... SHe is happy though Laine, she is happy I even come here... She told me Laine..." She looked at the boy." I am so sorry for being so rude earlier. I want to thank you for being kind to me even though I was rude." LeighAnn was mixed up and could tell they thought she was losing her mind. She didn't care she wanted to do flips... She was so happy.

She looked kinda confused. She KNEW that Leigh Ann was going crazy. she stood there, simply looking at her cousin. What in the bloody hell was she talking about... "Your mother???" She sighed, and frowned, "What are you talking about Leigh??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back