Ladeda.

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
It was one of those rare sunny winter days. Riley stormed across the Great Lawn in a huff. This was one of the rare times she actually got upset. She was sick of girls that thought they were better than anyone else. They flaunted their ways around the school, pushing everyone around. And what was worse, was that people didn't stand up to them.
She stood still for a moment trying to clear her head, forgetting what happened. Riley hated being upset. She took a few deep breaths, and shook her head vigorously.
Looking in the distance, she saw a huge tree. A grin spread her face, and she sprinted towards it, her glittery hair shimmering in the sun. Reaching the tree, she leaped up and grabbed a branch. She hoisted herself up onto the tree. Reaching up, she climbed up higher. She looked up, over the lawn, watching people mingle.

Daisy loved the sunshine. Winter was pretty much her worst enemy, so to finally have a summery day made her feel incredibly happy. Sure, the young Slytherin did have homework that she was meant to be doing, but right now, the outdoors were she wanted needed to be. The dungeons, although they were pretty cool in a creepy, mysterious way, were not exactly Daisy's favourite place. To say that she didn't fit in there would be an understatement. I mean, just look at who she had for company! Quite a few Slytherins hated mudbloods and happy people, and ironically, Daisy was both of those things. She was very proud of her house, though, and thought amibition was a great quality to possess. She just wished that they'd all be able to laugh more! God, were the majority of Slytherins were serious.

So now Daisy was up in a tree. Yep, that was it. You'd think that on a day like today she'd be dancing around in the sunshine, or swimming in the lake. But no, she was content simply sitting in a tree. The 14-year-old was rather juvenile, so while some may find tree climbing boring, Daisy thought it was one of the funnest things ever. Smiling happily, she ran a finger down the small scar on her arm. She'd gotten it when she broke her arm falling out of a tree, one that looked very similar to the one she was in now. It made her rather nostalgic for home, but those thoughts soon passed.

As she looked around, watching students pass by, she spotted a girl looking very upset. She was practically fuming. Daisy watched her for a moment longer, before noticing that the girl was heading her way. Hopefully she hadn't seen her sitting in the tree and wanted to tell her off for some reason. Angry people seemed to tell her off a lot. However, the younger girl didn't seem to notice her at all, as she climbed quickly through the tree branches. She was almost at Daisy's level now, and still hadn't seen her. She cleared her throat and spoke, deciding that the girl would get a much bigger fright if Daisy continued to sit silently, swinging her legs as she rested in the large tree. "Something up? People don't usually storm across fields and then hide in trees if they're happy," Daisy said with a knowing smile. She herself had done just that many times before, but always when she was in a bad mood. She looked down at the younger girl below her, not in a condescending way, but in a friendly way. The Slytherin leaned over and patted the branch across from her, inviting the girl to climb a bit further up and join her.

Riley heard someone clear their throat. She looked up and was startled to see another girl sitting higher up in the tree. She was shocked that she didn't seen her before. Riley listened to her speak, and smiled slightly.
"I'm not hiding." She replied. "I just. . .like climbing trees." She laughed quietly, climbed up further, and shook her head.. "Okay, yes, this is a good place to get away from people. And at this moment, it's exactly what I'm needing. Some people are just so. . .mean! They think that they can do and say whatever they want. But they aren't better than anyone else! I mean, what makes them better? What gives them the right to be rude? I mean, we're all human. No one is better than they other. It just makes me so mad. People need to learn how to respect one another! There is this one girl especially, oooh, she really irritates me! Sometimes, I just want to hit her!" Riley spoke this all quite fast. She usually finds herself rambling a lot. She blushed and looked down.
"Sorry for rambling. My name is Riley Sparkles by the way. I'm in Gryffindor. It's my first year here, but I transferred, so I'm in my second year." She smiled.

Daisy gave a friendly smile as the girl appeared startled, but climbed up and joined her. She hadn't intended to alarm the girl, but was pleased that she wasn't still looking as upset as she had when storming across the field. "I like climbing trees too, so I can't blame ya," she shrugged, knowing that the girl was making an excuse, but not pushing it.

Daisy was slightly taken aback when the girl suddenly explained the whole situation. Usually people kept things a secret, until they knew you better, at least. So she was mildly - but pleasantly - surprised that someone had opened up so quickly. The young Slytherin usually kept to herself these days, so it had been a while since anyone had put their trust in her like that. "Ugh, there are always nasty people, aren't there? Wheveever you go, you can't escape them," Daisy said, rolling her feline eyes in agreement. Personally, she was lucky to have never really been bullied, but the young girl could still relate. There was always someone trying to bring you down, or just ruin your day. It was a universal fault of human nature, unfortunately. "But I don't think you should hit the girl.. that might end badly," she laughed, knowing that the younger girl probably wouldn't do that anyway. "What's her name? Maybe I can hit her for you," Daisy joked.

She smiled when the girl admitted to rambling. Daisy hadn't noticed, and it didn't bother her in the slightest. "Riley Sparkles? That is a freakin' awesome name!" she laughed, wishing her name was as.. sparkley. "Mine's Daisy Harrison. Not really as epic as yours, but whatever. I'm a Slytherin, fourth year Slytherin. But don't worry, I'm not one of those evil ones. I think," Daisy joked. Because even though she was correct, and she wasn't one of those horrible Slytherins, a person never really knew how they came across, did they? For all she knew, people might have thought of Daisy as one of the worst.

Riley smiled as the older girl mentioned that she liked climbing trees as well. As much as Riley did too, the girl was right in knowing that she was hiding.
Riley grinned at her as she rolled her eyes and agreed with her. Riley hated the fact that there are always mean people. She sighed deeply as the girl said that they are everywhere. Riley had hoped that people got more mature as they grew up, and that they learnt how to treat other people. It was a naive view, but Riley was very naive.
Riley laughed as the girl told her to not hit anyone, but offered to do it herself.
"Believe me, if I could hit her with no consequences, I would. But your totally right. I shouldn't. I don't think I would have anyway." Riley grinned. "Ugh, there's two of them actually. Both Slytherin first years. I don't know one of their names, but the other one's last name is Huberta, or something like that. She infuriates me. She really thinks she's top notch. Ugh!" Riley exclaimed.
Riley laughed when the girl said her name was awesome. She hadn't had that type of reaction before, but loved it. The girl then introduced herself as Daisy Harrison. Riley grinned as Daisy said that she wasn't an evil Slytherin.
"Daisy Harrison is an epic name too! I love the name Daisy." She laughed. "And, so far, from what I have gathered, you are not an evil Slytherin."
Riley didn't know much about Daisy, but she was sweet enough to chat with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back