OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Kyon had been all over trying to find what he was after over the break, and eventually he was rewarded for all his hard work. It had taken a while, but eventually he'd found one of those little plastic basketball hoops. It was smaller, but it clipped onto the wall easily and came with three small basketballs he could toss into it. He kept two in his bag, and was busy playing with the third. The Gryffindor was jumping around the student lounge, cheering himself on while making three out of four of the shots he made. He was having a grand old time, smiling brightly.

Enzo enjoyed how big the castle was and all the various spaces it offered to hide. While his own home held a vast amount of rooms, the life that filled each crevice was nothing compared to Hogwarts. Enzo still kept to himself for the most part, but that didn't stop him from observing others. As he sat in the lounge with a book, he watched as other students would come and go. While this wasn't the most conducive environment for reading, it was learning things about his schoolmates discreetly. Knowledge maybe that could be used later.

As Enzo continued to scan the book, he looked up to see a classmate he recognized but really didn't know. They had had class together at some point, but the only thing Enzo knew was that this boy wasn't in Slytherin. The boy was playing a game with a ball, one Enzo hadn't seen before. Their home didn't partake in much media or play sports. It reminded him of quidditch a little. Maybe he was practicing his quaffle skills, even though the hoop was rotated the wrong direction. "What are you playing?" Enzo asked him.

Kyon looked up when he heard a voice. He hadn't noticed he had company. He smiled at the kid, tossing the ball again and smirking as it went through the hoop. "I'm playing a kids version of basketball." He offered easily, grabbing the little ball again. "Muggle sport, super popular, lots of fun." He tossed the ball between his hands a bit. "Do you wanna play?" he asked, showing the kid the extra balls. "It's easy. You take the ball and try to get it through the hoop,"

Enzo watched the boy continue to toss the ball around before explaining that it was a muggle sport. So muggles had fun to? He wondered how they played a contact sport if not on brooms? He supposed they could be on their feet, but it didn't seem as enjoyable. "I don't really play games like that," he said, a little hesistant to embarass himself in front of the boy. "What are the obstacles from getting the ball in the hoop?" Did they wrestle for the ball?

Kyon chuckled. "Well, this is just a kids version, so we just throw it and try to get it in," He explained. "Professionally, with real balls and not the fabric ones I've got now, you have to run across the court, and you have to dribble it- you can't hold a ball longer than a few seconds, and you and your team run across the court and try to score a goal- while the other team tries to steal the ball and block your shots."

Enzo listened as his classmate continued to discuss the sport. "So... kind of like quidditch, right?" he asked curiously as he stood up and grabbed one of the balls. They were rather soft, something that seemed more like a toy than a piece of sports equipment. Enzo tried to throw the ball across the room to see how far it would go, but it fell short before hitting anything. "I suppose the real thing is more fun," he resigned, sitting back down in his chair. He never really understood games, having more important things to deal with at home. Plus, his parents would have seen them as a waste of time. Maybe that was a good enough reason to throw another ball.

Kyon chuckled, tossing the ball he held between his hands. "Sort of," He agreed, trying to shoot and bouncing the fabric ball off the rim. "Isn't the real thing always more fun?" He teased, wandering over to the chair the boy sat on. He leaned over the arm of it, offering out his hand. "Kyon Lockwood." He introduced himself. "What are you reading?" He asked, his gaze drifting to the book.

Enzo watched the boy again and shrugged at his question. He wouldn't know, to be honest. Being the oldest, Tempest never wanted to play an games like that, and Thad was just too little to play the games Enzo wanted to try. While Enzo thought, the boy came over and introduced himself, a little too close for comfort. "Lorenzo Vero, but I go by Enzo," he said, always sure to formally introduce himself to others. The class training had to be used somewhere. "I'm sorry, I'm very bad at remembering people. What house are you in?"

Enzo picked up the book Kyon asked about from the other chair arm and flipped it over. "Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles. I've thought about taking Muggle Studies next year, but I know nothing about them," he continued looking at the book and realizing that maybe, that wasn't a normal thing anymore. He knew his upbringing had been solitary for reasons still unknown to him. He wasn't sure if he had even ever met a muggle.

Kyon smiled, shifting to sit on the arm of the chair instead. "That's a cool name. What is it, Italian?" He asked, running a hand through his hair. "Gryffindor," He replied easily, getting up to continue his game. "You don't?" He asked in surprise at the question. "Oh, I can help with that. My moms a muggle, I know all about them." He threw the ball, smiling as it went through the basket. He turned to the boy. "I could help you if you wanted, answer questions and stuff."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back