OOC First Name
Dan
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Unyielding Vine Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
The best thing about having a cousin who taught at Hogwarts was that Lucas could visit Brightstone during the schools designated weekends because the Professor would most likely be in the village where the boy could look in on him, catch up then go explore for himself. Lucas had left his cousin in the three broomsticks so he could go and blend in with the Hogwarts students, of which he would be one in less than a year and he couldn't be more excited. What he was most looking forward to was meeting up with Missouri the girl he had met at Obsidian harbour during the winter holidays. The two seemed to get along and he couldn't wait to see what their friendship could be like once they got to Hogwarts.

It was a warm spring day so Lucas had left his jacket in the pub with James while he took to the streets to explore the various different shops. His favourite shop was easily Honeydukes the sweet shop. It was the best shop he had ever been in and he never had enough pocket space for all the sweets he wanted to buy so he just had to settle for what he could carry before he headed back out onto the street and walked over to one of the benches, he reached into his bag of sweets and pulled out a bean and popped it in his mouth.

Venus Fontaine was in the area because her siblings, well, adopted siblings, were around during this time away. The little French girl was dressed in a red coat, and blue jeans. Underneath, was a cute white tee shirt. Venus wondered what everyone was up to, and wondered of Tholomyes and if he was really still into that one girl. Venus smiled to herself as she thought of her brother, and could not wait to join him, and Victoire, in Hogwarts New Zealand. This was why she found herself in brightstone, looking for something she could do and find something to snack on. She eventually found herself in Honeyduke’s, and bought a small lollipop and a chocolate frog. She unwrapped it and popped it into her mouth. The flavor of strawberry washed over tongue, as she took in the flavor.

She looked around and could not find her parents anywhere, 'Oh no.' Venus did not know where to find anything without someone's help! Sighing, the French part-veela girl bowed her head and sat down on the nearest bench, her hair blocking the view of anyone that she might have crossed on the way. She unwrapped her chocolate frog, and to her amazement, it hopped, and right onto the ground it went. Frowning, since she loved chocolate, simply picked up the card that was included. "Seraphine Hensel?" Venus spoke softly, her French accent evident. She didn't know her, but she was apparently a Minister from here.

With her mother spending more time in New Zealand, teaching all the children english, it seemed to Noemie that she would end up in the country for school, which didn't bother Noemie too much, as much as she liked the idea of spending more time in this country, she had always pinned her hopes on attending Beauxbatons like her mother had. The young part-veela made her way through the streets of Brightstone village, and she found herself in the sweet shop just as another girl left, and spent the time carefully selecting the food that she wanted, which just ended up being a chocolate frog, she liked the cards you could get with them, they were informative pieces of information to her, she liked the cards more than the chocolate itself. The girl paid for the item and then left the store as she headed towards the park, she passed a bench and heard a voice asking about Seraphine, and the girl glanced round.

"She was the minister for magic here in New Zealand until very recently when she was replaced by Cameron Kingsley," the girl couldn't help but explain at the girl's slightly questioning tone, the young girl realised that this girl with the chocolate frog card was the one from the store, and she was sat a bench with some boy too, though he hadn't really said anything, she took the opportunity to open the chocolate frog, minding to grab the chocolate frog before it could jump away, "Mine is Nicolas King," she gave a little sigh, since she already had the card, "I've already got this one," she complained with a small sigh, glancing between the two, wondering if they were friends and that perhaps she was interrupting something. Noemie had a slightly french accent but given that her father had been Spanish, she had a hint of that within her english.
<i></i>

Lucas wasn't sat on the bench alonr very long before he was joined by a girl who he swore he had seen in honeydukes not that long ago. She had in her hand a chocolate frog and she went to open it and the frog leaped from the packaging and hit the ground. The girl seemed resigned to loosing the frog and turned her attention to the card. She didn't seem familiar with Seraphine Hensel, the name rang a bell, his cousin James always nagged him to keep up to date with current events and recent history, especially that of a political nature. The boy was about to sit up and explain who she was before someone beat him too it.

A second girl approached them and explained who the woman on the card was and she could have stollen the words from Lucas' mouth. Before Lucas could say a word she dived into her own, caught the frog and examined the card. It was Nicholas King, formerly head auror and deceased husband of Headmistress Ava King. Having a professor for a cousin meant his knowledge of all things Hogwarts was maybe more than it should have been. "Well I hate to buck the trend but I don't have one," Lucas raised his empty hands to show the girls. "I like my chocolate still and not jumping on my face," He smiled at the two. He wondered if they were in his boat and waiting until they started Hogwarts, of course they could both be first years too.

Venus popped her head up when someone spoke, and looked to the girl. She was very pretty, and Venus could have sworn that her beauty matched her own. Venus was not really sure what she was, but she knew that she was adopted, and a talented witch. Muggles were very entertaining and she was hesitant to leave that world for another. "Oh. I should probably know these things before coming to this country." Venus could have also asked Victoire. She would have known. But she did not. She had her own chocolate frog, and unlike Venus, grabbed it before it hopped away. Hers was Nicolas King. She was about to ask who that was before she remained silent. Instead, she tried to peek at it with her brown eyes. That is, until she heard another voice.

Venus turned around to see the other boy, before smiling a little bit. She was not very nervous around people, that much was true, but she managed to lose her chocolate and not know something in front of complete strangers. Venus brushed her hair over her shoulders before she held the card within her hands, while she held the lollipop in her mouth. Venus placed the card in her pocket before taking the lolly out of her mouth. "Okay, so I guess you two are waiting for Hogwarts?" Venus paused for a moment. "I have family in there right now. Two older siblings. One with a fancy badge." Venus wanted a fancy badge one day, like Victoire. Maybe she would get it eventually. If she was good and very smart.

The young girl looked at the boy who appeared to not have bought a chocolate frog, and Noemie just held out her card to him, "You can have this one if you want," she told him looking between the two of them, with the vague smile on her face as she attempted to be polite, and especially as the other girl didn't really appear to be from the country, Noemie liked reading a lot, she liked knowing things and thus she liked knowing facts, even if she too wasn't from the country. The part-veela looked at the pair of them and settled her eyes on the other girl who began talking, she had family who went to Hogwarts?! That would be amazing, Noemie was split between the two schools, she wanted to go to Beauxbatons like her family had always but she also liked the idea of attending Hogwarts.

"Do you mean prefect badge?" Noemie asked with a curious expression on her face wondering if that was in fact what she meant by fancy badge, that would make sense, unless the girl was the head girl, but if she said no to prefect that had to mean that it was the other, "I'm the oldest, so I'd be the first to go of my family," she told them both, she couldn't help but get pretty excited about the idea of attending when there were others she could be attending with, "What houses are they in?" she asked the other girl, before realising that none of them had introduced themselves so she held out her hand to them both, "I'm Noemie," she told them both hoping that she might be able to get to know them a little bit and have prospective friends for the up coming school year that she might just be in attendance of.
<i></i>

Lucas listened to the girl who told mentioned having family at Hogwarts. That was pretty cool, Lucas wished he had siblings or other family who were students, there things he could learn from them that he just couldn't from James, but as Lucas was the oldest of his siblings he had no such luck. "One of your siblings is a prefect? Cool, does that mean they won't but you if they catch you out past curfew? Lucas had been wondering something similar about James. Would the professor put his own cousin in Detention if he caught him misbehaving or out past the curfew. "My cousin is a Professor, I'm hoping I'll be able to use it to my advantage,"

The other girl held out the card she got from her chocolate frog and offered it to him. Since he didn't eat the things he didn't collect the cards but he took it anyway. "Oh, thanks," He grinned at the girl as he pocketed the card. The girl mentioned that she would be the first in her family to go so she didn't have any siblings at the school either. She then asked the other girl what houses her siblings were in, Lucas hadn't thought much on the house he'd end up in. He knew James had been in Slytherin back in the day and he sometimes eondered if he would follow in his footsteps. "I'm Lucas by the way," He added after she introduced herself.

Venus shrugged her shoulders. She didn't know if Victoire would have placed her in detention if she misbehaved or something. She didn't think that she was even capable of doing so. Venus nodded when the girl named Noemie asked if it was a prefect's badge. Indeed, that word sounded correct. And she had seen the red badge before. "Yes, it is prefect, but I don't think she would pick favorites," Venus spoke to the two of them at once. She folded her hands together, and wondered what it would be like with a family member to be a professor. But using that to one's advantage, that made her think that the boy was somewhat troublesome. She felt as though she didn't want to get involved with that. After all, she was bossy in her own right, but only when she felt comfortable. She was definitely not right now, very comfortable.

"My prefect sister is in Gryffindor. My brother is in Ravenclaw. I am really close to him, though," Venus explained, knowing that the relationship between her brother and herself were close. She always felt so comfortable around him, and was overjoyed when she learned he could do magic like Victoire. She looked at her hands, and heard the boy's name. Lucas. And Noemie. Finally looking up, she smiled and introduced herself, "My name is Venus."

Noemie looked at the boy wanting to tell him that it was incorrect for prefects to allow special treatment to anyone, even if related, but the other girl seemed to state this for her and she was pretty glad about that. The boy stating that he had a cousin who was a professor did seem to have the clear implication that the boy wasn't intending to behave all that well which she did not like the sound of as well, Noemie hardly wanted to be getting into trouble, trouble was bad and they would be new students in a new school, so trouble was definitely something she thought wouldn't be a good person to always be around. The young girl wasn't keen on getting into trouble in a school she'd just joined.

There would be time for other friends and things of that sort so she wasn't going to stress too much about the boy named Lucas, she just nodded at his words offering a small smile at him before the other girl explained who her siblings were and she almost felt jealous that she was going to the school already knowing someone, that they both were, and Noemie was just alone, but really there was no real reason to be like that, she knew that it would all be fine, that school would be a breeze and even if they didn't end up as friends, she at least knew two people before going, Lucas and Venus. The young girl offered smiles to them both, unsure what else to say but wanting to attempt to continue the conversation, "Do you know which house you want?" seemed like a safe and sure question to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back