Keeping herself to herself

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Lisa seemed to be spending quite a bit of time in the corridors recently. It was strange, really; she didn't know why she was. It was really the only place she could get time to breath, to be honest; the common room was nearly always packed. Lisa decided she needed some much-needed time out, and here she was, in silence.

Pulling out a book, Lisa began to read, hoping that nobody would disturb the much-blessed silence.

Ava was sick of the amount of people in her dorm and the common room, could they not just leave her alone? Honestly?! She wore a jumper dress and a pair of black sandals. She didn't want to go outside, it was also very crowded out there. So instead she decided to walk around the castle. She walked through most of the corridors passing a few people by but not acknowledging them. Eventually she found herself getting higher and higher up the castle. Walking quite fast up this corridor as she didn't recognise it- in fact she hadn't recognised the last two either- she spotted a guy she thought was praticullary cute. She turned her head to get a better view of him when she tripped over someones foot, knocking something out of the persons hand. "Gees, would you mind not stretching your feet all ov-" Ava said getting up and dusting herself off when she realised who it was. She rolled her eyes, "Of coarse you'd be stupid enough to do that." She said coldly.

Lisa glanced up as something, or someone, knocked her book out of her hand. Her eyes flashed red - always a danger sign - when she saw who it was. "On the contrary," she replied to Ava's remark, "I got into Ravenclaw. Surprised?" She awaited her rival's answer, a cool look on her face. She wasn't going to explode for Ava today.

Ava rolled her eyes, she pouted her glossed lips. "Actually a little bit. I was sure you wouldn't be smart enough." she batted her eyelashes, "Though I can be wrong, as can the sorting hat." She said with her usual acidly sweet voice. "You must feel rather out of place, right? What with all the brainiacs?" She tilted her head to the side and held back a smirk.

"A little out of place?" Lisa repressed a snort of laughter; no doubt that Little-Miss Glamour Puss would consider that unladylike in her book. "I think not. Everyone there is intelligent, unlike you." She folded her hands and gazed at Ava defiantly. "So how many pure-bloods are there in your House?" She asked cooly, "Probably enough to double the amount of Death Eaters around."

"Oh Lisa, I am not doubting that everyone in Ravenclaw is intelligent...just not you." She said teasingly. She really liked to mess around with this girl. Though Ava wasn't about to deny the many students who had a death eater in her family, she suspected that they were in her family aswell. "At least my house isn't full of Mud-Bloods. Muggles who do not belong here." She said the whole sentence with distaste. Any sentence that contained 'mud-blood' was said with distaste.

Lisa's bright green eyes flashed red again; she was losing it. She was almost shaking with anger, but just holding on. Nevertheless, her voice was calm, cool and collected. "If Muggle-borns do not belong here," she said, "Then you will be surely surprised to learn that some of the teachers came from Muggle families." Her eyes changed colour again. "And there is no such thing as a dumb Ravenclaw." She stood up now, drawing herself to her full height, which wasn't very tall.

Ava rolled her eyes, "Just because they work here it doesn't mean they belong here." She said rather quickly. She hated the fact that some of the professors were from a muggle family. Ava smirked as Lisa stood up, this girl was easy to anger. She was almost at the cracking point. "Just face it Lisa. You are at the bottom of the pile. You scraped your way into Ravenclaw. Admit it." She said first with a scowl but then changed her features into an acidly sweet smile.

"Scraped my way into Ravenclaw?" Lisa snorted now. She didn't bother to repress it; why should she stop herself for Ava Prince? "The Sorting Hat didn't hesitate for a moment when it said Ravenclaw. No doubt it was easy for you to get into Slytherin," she taunted, "Nasty little stuck-up cow you are."

"Nasty little stuck-up cow you are."

"Ouch." Ava said overrally exaggerated with mock-offence. This didn't offend her, she didn't always act like this...do I? She asked herself, forget it! She thought hurridly, her face was kept in a blank expression throughout her thoughts. "Well at least I don't look like I have been run over by a combine harvestor.." Ava said creully indicating Lisa's scarred arms. She twirled her hair innocently and waited for Lisa's response.

"Well at least I don't look like I have been run over by a combine harvestor."

Lisa's hands instantly jumped to her arms, which she had foolishly left uncovered, today of all days. Fancy I run into Ava, today of all days she thought; her remark was evil and way below the belt. One of her hands went into her pocket for her wand, drawing it. She casually twirled it around her fingers. "Just give me a reason," she said cooly.

She smirked as Lisa istantly felt aware of her arms, classic! she thought proudly to herself. Ava couldn't help but be a little shocked that Lisa pulled out her wand, she wouldn't expect ms. goody-goody to even dream of doing something like that. She pulled out her own wand, its pink tinge showed as light flooded through the window. "Don't even think about it." She said threatingly, she knew she could beat Lisa in a duel.

"Why?" Lisa's tone was challenging and defiant. "Think you could beat me? Dumb blonde," she added, knowing full well that she was a blonde too, but Ava's hair was lighter than hers, while Lisa's went dark towards the roots.

"Locomotor Mortis!" Lisa cried, catching her wand in her left hand and aiming it towards the Slytherin's legs.

Ava raised an eyebrow challengingly. She wouldn't even dream of it.. Ava thought to herself before Lisa cast a spell! "Aaaahh..." Ava said jumping back in shock. She was hit. Though nothing happened, Ava grinned and tried to step forward but fell flat on her face. "Wha-at?!" She couldn't separate her legs. Oh god, how embarrassing Ava thought desperately hoping no one was watching this. Ava pushed herself up from the ground, but she still wasn't standing, "Expelliarmus!" She called and Lisa's wand went zooming from her hand. Ava crawled slowly over to the window and grabbed the windowsill. She pulled herself upright. Her legs were still locked...though at least now she didn't look so stupid.

Lisa laughed as Ava toppled flat on her face. "Who's the idiot now?" she said, smirking at her rival, who was making a fool of herself. I wish someone could see this! she thought smugly. Her wand flew out of her hand and clattered onto the floor; Lisa stopped laughing and bent to pick it up, holding onto it firmly in case Ava decided to Disarm her again.

Ava glared at her. "Just get this off!" Ava demanded indicating her legs. She looked around to make sure that the corridor was still empty. "Do it!" Ava said her voice more shrill and high pitched. She tried her hardest to seperate her legs but it was a hopeless case. She gave Lisa a pleading look of desperation.

Lisa was fully tempted to leave Ava like this until someone else found her, but that was cruel, and she wasn't going to sink to the Slytherin's level. Still, she left Ava squirm for a few more moments before uttering the count-jink, saying "You owe me one" as her victim's leg sprang open again. "That got you, didn't it?" she asked patronisingly.

Ava rolled her eyes, "I don't owe you anything." She snarled. Ava walked up to her, glad that she could have her legs back. She stood up to her highest, which was taller than Lisa. "You watch you back Lisa." Ava said threatingly, holding her wand up to her face, she wasn't going to put her own away until Lisa put away hers.

"I watch my back?" Lisa scoffed, raising an eyebrow. Ava Prince didn't scare her. "Take your own advice, Prince," She didn't even bother using Ava's first name; what was the point? "You watch your back, and watch it good." And with that, Lisa thrusted her wand into her pocket, turned on her heels and walked away.

Ava Prince had found a rival in Lisa Boatwood.

Ava narrowed her eyes at Lisa as she walked away from her down the corridor. Ava put her wand away, she would get her back for that, and she will not be in this good of a state she thought smugly to herself then turned swiftly around the opposite way and strutted up the corridor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back