Keep him safe

Dakota Howard

She rose with the pillar of egg shell moon, counting on the stars to guide her. With no sense of direction and no address to lead her the way, she let the nights skies to safely find her way across the world in search for him only. With a bundle nestle in a sling besides her hefty breast, she watch over baby Jude for they had a long way to go. He was sound asleep, not bother by his mother's moment. For she took careful strides when walking with him and when he was pulled by the darkness of disapprartion, he moved a little rolling into one of his arm. Yet never did he awake, his mom played her role as a safe haven well, she was glad for once she was useful to someone in her life. Glad to have taken journey to keep out of harm ways, at last she found what she been looking for in the one nights travel to New Zealand.

Taken out a piece of parchment from her bag, she had a picture of Malachi in hand. He was so handsome in the photo, the figure of a young man with a dazzling smile wave back in the photo. So young so healthy looking, she smile back at him. He was animated and made her overcome the negatives thoughts that night, It was the photo and the house in the background that made her stop right in front of a private residents. The very picture of him and the house in the background, made her think realistic this must be where he stays. Climbing the steps of Malachi's dwelling, she hope her attends here will be no trouble at all. She reached the front door and knocked normally, her knuckles scrape the doors border, she prayed this was the place he actually stayed and that she did not wonder inside a stranger property.

Malachi was exhausted. Ever since he had watched the most beautiful girl he had ever been with simply walk out of his life, he had put every part of his being into his work. The auror headquarters had become a safe haven for him. A place where his thoughts couldn't bother him and nobody could get to him. Since he became an auror, his whole famiy seemed to be out to get him. They all hated him, minus his parents. But then again, he hadn't even heard from his parents since the day he had stormed out of their house after telling them he had applied to be an auror. Was it possible that they didn't love him anymore either? That thought hurt him too much to even ponder though, because if his parents didn't love him, than he had nothing.

This was all that Kai thought about while he was home alone. It was for this reason that he avoided being alone at all costs. He put in endless hours at work, only leaving when he was told too or he physically could not hold his eyes open any longer. Even now, it was very late and yet Kai had only been home for about half an hour. His mind was a jumbled mess because of over exhaustion, but he still couldn't manage to sleep. His mind just kept going back to his family and to the girl who had run away with his heart.

He was pacing through his house, unsure of what his next move would be, when he heard a soft knock on the door. In his sleep deprived mind, it took him a moment to even register what the noise had been, but when he did he rushed to answer it. He cautiously opened it, keeping a hand on his wand just in case it was one of his relatives who was out to get him.

The dishevelled girl in the doorway was the last girl he had expected to see though. And then he saw the cloth draping across her chest and he just knew there was a child in there. His heart sarted pounding and he suddenly became very self-conscious about his appearance. His loose jeans draped over his sturdy frame and in his haste he had forgotten that he was currently shirtless. His hair was a mess and his eyes had dark bags under them from many sleepless nights. He didn't want Dakota of all people to see him like this, to see how weak and flustered he had become. So he acted as though he had been woken up from a sleep. He rubbed his eyes to hide the bags under them, smiled to distract her from his outfit, and greeted her with a polite, "Hey, it's been awhile..." to distract her from how weak he was around her.

Dakota grace him with a picture perfect smile. In the moonlight half her face showed clear, the rest was swept by her blonde curly hair. She greeted him just the same, walking in as she cradle her new born son Jude Luke Wilson. "Oh I didn't think you be sleeping, I'm so sorry I came disturbing you" she had no knowledge of him working in the Ministry. If he did tell her, she must have forgotten about his professional life. She was to much into his personal life when she saw him and there was always a bit dilemma between them. For that she apologize too.

"I came because I wanted to show you him" she pick the blanket that separated him from her breast side, she was totally covered by shirt, but just in case she was always ready to nurse him. "His name is Jude, Jude Wilson, would you like to carry him?" the mention of his name stirred Jude a little. He started to twist and move in the sling, already a month old and he was trying to escape from his poor mother. She found it funny, he was an active little thing. Such sadness cover her, he will never get to meet his real dad, Dakota already rule out it wouldn't be safe for the muggel b@stard to see his child. Her family threats were critical and she would hate to be at fault for having him killed.

She was even more beautiful then he remembered, it really was no wonder she had left him. He was a fool for ever believing that he had a chance with her. As she walked past him into his house, he turned away to gently close the door. He used this short opportunity to regain his composure, willing his weakness to simply go away for once. "It's alright. This was a pleasant distruption." He replied politely. He was just about to offer her something warm to drink when she commented on the child.

His heart began to race again. The child reminded him of everything he could never have, and he just wanted to hold it close to him. When she told him the child's name, he totally forgot about the woman holding him. All he could see was the child, Jude. His smile grew at the thought of their shared last name, it was almost as if the child were his own flesh and blood. When the offer to hold him came up, he just looked at Dakota for a moment. He couldn't believe this, it was like a dream come true to him. But he hid how happy he was and instead, simply smiled at her and closed the distance between them. Quietly, he said "I would love to." He gently picked the child away from its mother and held it tenderly in his arms. "Hello Jude," he whispered, quite aware that Dakota was watching him closely. He didn't care much at this moment though, he was fully involved with the tiny being in his arms.

Dakota pass Jude up, he was at the point his sleepy little eyes were waking up. She step back, observing the man with her child. She couldn't have picked anyone else better to raise her son well. He was like a big softy, she admired his sensitivities side. "Aww he looks like he has a father" she smile, her smile fell when her mind wonder to the muggel again. Jude smile, the faint smile of his small lips fell at anyone who was holding him. His small little body fit right comfortable on Malachi's arm, resting his small head by the arm fold.

Dakota step over and walk to the nearest couch. She sat down in the comfortable cushion, she let Malachi have his time with Jude. It occurred right away she will have to ask him if she could stay for a little while and if he could keep Jude in the end. She began to have difficulties finding the words to tell him, typically to Malachi everything came...easily. Now she fiddle with her fingers like an adolescent and rocked slowly in her seat. She parted her lips, once, twice, a third time, the air was soundless to the blonde. She fixed her shirt and look down at her lanky fingers. The ripple by the fold of them were thin lines, she pressed her index finger along the lines of her other hand. She pushed down to smooth the line, this was her best at ignoring any situation.

He felt exactly the way he had always thought he would. As if he had finally found the piece of himself that had been missing for so long. Like everything in the world was right, and good, and complete. The child may have not been his own, but here and now that did not matter. Jude Wilson was flesh and blood and he would be loved by Kai, no matter who the real father was.

When he finally turned his attention back to the child's mother, he noticeed that she seemed troubled. She was playing with her hands as if she had something she needed to say but didn't want to. Cradling Jude, he made his way towards her. At the foot of the couch, I crouched down in front of her. He wanted to see her eyes, and he wanted to be level with her. He hated looking down on other people. When his eyes met Dakota's he quietly started, "Thank you, for letting me meet Jude..." Words could not express how much it meant to him to be allowed to hold something so valuable, so he just left it at that. "If there's anything I can do for you or Jude, please don't be afraid to ask." He had no idea what plans Dakota had in store for him, he only knew that he wanted to be there for both Dakota and the child.

Dakota frigid, she was happy to get his attention not just for her sake, but for Jude's safety. "I need to stay here for a while and I mean a while till I'm able to find a place to stay. It's important you know this, so I will come out and tell you why, my brother's knows he's not a pure blood. And he threaten me right before I went into labor" Jude kept drifting in and out of sleep in the hands of Malachi. It's like all he needed was to know he felt safe and nothing phase him since they left the Mansion. "I can't keep him but I wonder if you can stay with him? You know raise him as if he was really yours Malachi. In my hands he will die, in yours he will be okay, I know it's a lot to ask, but it's better that way" frighten she shuttered, she hated her brother for this. Jude did not deserve to die. Pure blood status madness was running around again, her family had wanted Dakota to marry her first cousin, she had decline the offer and had even act out insane so they think something literally was wrong with her. All these years, acting lost and put out has been the plans to her biggest plot, and it work. Now she really was lost, though she never gave up, Malachi been a grand support. Without his care, she may have lost the battle.

Dakota's requests took Kai by surprise, it was a pleasant surprise though. He hated that the circumstances that had forced Dakota to come to him were so harsh, but he was glad that he would be able to help these two in their time of need. He wanted to be the kind of guy who people turned to when they needed help, and he would do anything for Dakota and the tiny child sleeping in his arms. "Please, stay as long as you need." He responded to her first request. He had never met Dakota's brother and yet he hated him for the trouble he was causing Dakota and Jude. It just seemed so wrong to him.

Kai hated that there were still wizards who were so obsessed with pureblood status. He knew that nothing good came from it, him and his brother were proof of that. So many birth defects came from it, and it only brought trouble and pain. Kai's pureblood status meant nothing to him, as there was nothing that could come of it. No child with the same blood, no son with the same genes, and no daughter with the same pureblood status.

"I'm sorry to hear tat your family is giving you problems. I'd be more than happy to care for Jude though. And I promise to take care of him and keep him safe."

OOCOut of Character:
I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!!!!!!!! hahaha, I just got really busy this weekend :(

"Thank you, you've done so much for me" she lean over him and embrace his shoulder, sort of hugging but he was still holding Jude, she rather not disturb his sleep. The infant balled up his fist and nestle into the man's arm. Dakota kissed Malachi right on his lip, it was a tap innocent gesture, she believed he deserve more way more. If she were ever able too, she like to someday repay back for his deeds. "Do you mind if I use your bathroom, I feel so out of it" she spoke below a normal tone. She was exhausted for the past month worrying, thinking the worst of her end and her child. Thinking ways to escape, she went on lying to her family from the truth, they didn't believe, but went on scouting for answers. That's when the plot to escape formulated and those who help her from the outside to break free.

OOCOut of Character:
It's okay I never like rushing anyways :)

Dakota's kiss was exactl how he remembered it. It made his heart skip and his mind spin. The difference though, was that he knew not to read too much into it. He knew not to fall for her again, atleast not until he knew where her mind was at. At this point, he still had no clue what Dakota was thinking and planning. When Dakota asked to use his bathroom he simply gave her the directions "Um, yeah sure. It's right around the corner there." He would've normally gotten up to lead her to the washroom, but he didn't feel like disturbing the tiny boy in his arms at the moment. So when Dakota made her way to the washroom he simply remained, kneeling on the ground watching Jude sleep.

Dakota stood up slowly not to disturb the infant cradle in Malachi's arm. She squeeze his shoulder and walked away heading for the washroom. She really did feel tweak, beyond tweak. Dakota was her typical insane self again. She couldn't handle the normal life Malachi lead, she was unfit to be a mom. It was the honest truth and if she could see it than she must be right. She lock the door and went straight away for the sink. Running cold, very cold temper water she splash some on her face. What am I doing here? She shuttered, she did not belong here, the truth was staring back deadly in the eyes. They deserve so much better than this, she shut the faucet off and wipe away her face.

Time that I go, she took out her wand slip right into her grip, she said her silence goodbye to Jude and Malachi, with that she was gone right on the spot. Disappearing and leaving nothing but her new born infant behind.

OOCOut of Character:
I apologize for my insane delay =X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back