Keep calm and eat a cookie

Willow Autumn

OOC First Name
★ Missy
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Willow made her way to the Kitchens, it was a common occurrence for Willow to be in the Kitchens these days, baking whatever that came to mind. She greeted the elves as she walked through to the kitchen area as she was tying her hair up into a high ponytail before washing her hands in the basin. She smiled as she lathered her hands up with the lemony smelling soap, it reminded her of home and how she would spend much of her time baking either at Autumn residence or at her Aunt's bakery-cafe. She rinsed and dried off her hands and grabbed one of the baking aprons that hanged from the door and dug out an ingredient list that laid in her pocket - it was her Aunt's famous chocolate-chip cookies. Willow smiled, Comfort food at it's best.

She wandered around the kitchen grabbing utensils and various ingredients and laid them out on the counter top. She approached one of the elves and asked if they had any fresh eggs and he disappeared with a pop. Satisfied, she started making her batch of cookies. She has made these cookies so many times that it became etched into her brain and now it was second nature. Willow was happy when she was making music, but she was even happier when she was baking.

Kate walked towards the kitchen.It was the one place she hadn't explored properly and also it was nice and calm down here.There was no one giving her disapproving looks because of her weight.Sighing she thought of the past events.She was in such a mess but she didn't have the heart to get herself out of it.She knew she looked anorexic and sick.Though the cover up did cover the bags under her eyes she couldn't cover the lack of shine in herself.The light inside her had long gone out and she wasn't sure when it would come back.

When she walked into the kitchen she smelt the familar smell of cooking.It made her feel at home as her mother had cooked a lot.She walked in curious to see what cooking.She got a surprise when she saw her friends Willow in full motion.She smiled Willow looked so at home there.She did a little jump when she felt someone tap her leg.She looked around and then down.She smiled when she saw a house elf look worriedly at her and holding out some food.Not wanting to seem rude she took the food "Thanks"she said and ate the food even with her stomach protesting.She knew she would soon puke if she ate anything else she called out "Hey Willow"she said surprised to see that th house elf had gone. "What are your cooking"She asked almost to happily

By now, the Elves were used to her cooking routine - once everything was set up, Willow couldn't help but sing when she was baking. She remembered the first time she started cooking in the Kitchens, the Elves were looking at her as if she was crazy. But they soon realized it was just something that made Willow happy - and it was true, Willow was happy when she was singing, she was happy when she was cooking or baking - but she was even happier when she was able to combine both.
"Willow weep for me, bow your tallest tree, down into the infamous hands of someone no one understands..." Her voice rang out as she creamed the butter and the eggs - this was her favorite part in making the cookies. She cringed; "No Willow, that's a depressing song to sing..." She spoke to herself as she added the vanilla essence, wondering what song to sing next.

"...speak to me in the light of the dawn, mercy comes with the morning...I will sigh with and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me...am I lost or just less found..." Willow found her rhythm, she was enjoying this perhaps a bit too much. She heard the familiar pop of a house elf and found it tapping on her leg. Placing the wooden spoon down she looked down at the elf who brought her the eggs; Taking them from the elf she smiled; 'thank you!" Willow placed the eggs gently on the counter and picked up the spoon before she felt the familiar tapping again; she looked down and saw the elf pointing to the direction of the door. Willow looked up and noticed that Kate was standing at the doorway, Willow smiled and replied to Kate's comment; "Uhh. Chocolate chip cookies. Take a seat, I won't be long. and I hope my singing wasn't that bad." Willow blushed and returned to her cookie dough. She looked up and smiled at Kate, the house elf disappearing somewhere around the back. Willow couldn't help think that Kate was looking a bit frail; "How...how are you?" Willow asked as she cracked the eggs into the batter, she was of course, referring to the incident that happened in the Great Hall.

OOCOut of Character:
Songs: Willow by Emilie Autumn, C.S Lewis Song by Brooke Fraser.

Kate walked up and smiled.Willow looked so at home in the kitchen.It was like she belonged there and no where else."Don't worry it was quiet good"She said smiling and quickly sticking her finger in the mixture and taking a small bit and putting it in her mouth "Mmhhh thats nice"She said.She hadn't been able to stop herself.It just looked so good and Kate was a sucker when it came to the mixture of sweet things."Do you mind if I help"She asked going over and putting on an apron.She wasn't sure if she should do cooking because at the moment it wasn't the best thing to be doing as she could feel her stomach rumbling at the sight of the food..It almost made her feel sick she could almost feel her stomach and body trying to absorb everything out of the small bit of mixture.But Kate ignored it she wanted to find her appetite again.She wanted to get back to normal be healthy again.

"Hey!" Willow laughed as Kate dipped her finger into the cookie dough; "Sure! It's more fun if your baking with someone anyway. And no one can resist Cookie Dough anyway." She gave Kate a cheesy grin as she mixed the dough again. Willow was pretty good at resisting the urge to eat the cookie dough as it is - after years of baking with her Aunt and the two secretly sharing the cookie dough, it was a more enough reminder that Home was just a letter away.

Willow walked to the other side of the kitchen, opening the cupboards to find the dark chocolate, finding an unopened package, she grabbed it and placed it on the counter before finding a moter and pestle for Kate to use; "You can do the fun bit, snap the chocolate, place it into the moter and crush into bits. It's good stress and anger relief as well from what I find." Willow laughed as she added a little bit of milk into the dough - not too much of course. As she mixed she tried to resist the urge to sing and hum, she didn't want to annoy Kate. "You never really answered my question, how are you?" Willow asked, but didn't want to seem pushy, but she was only concerned.

Kate laughed.To a normal person that was nothing of interest but to Kate it was everything.After all her dark and gloomy days of hardly smiling or laughing she was now in the kitchen laughing.Kate felt so happy inside that she had actually achieved that much.The muscels in her cheeks were almost sore because of this sudden happiness.It was a this moment Kate realised that Willow was the person Kate could turn to the person that could make her feel better and possibly help her get over her mini breakdown.She had a big grin on her face she didn't know where this sudden burst of happiness had come from but she suddenly felt so happy .But she knew it was a short term happiness she could almost feel the sorrow at the edge of her brain just waiting for a weak moment to come.

She had a puzzled face when she saw the device Willow gave her she had never seen anything like it before."Thanking you"She said in a cheery tone.She began snapping all the chocolate and then proceeding to crush the chocolate.But when Willow's question came the sorrow at the back of her mind came rushing in.She suddenly felt an overwelming desire to cry.She wasn't sure about anything anymore.Her parents had becoming increasingly worried as Kate had been fainting a lot recently and her stomach still refused to eat.She then suddenly felt the desire to tell Willow everything to have someone help her and care for her like she had done to all her siblings when they were in need.Then everything came out. "No everything is not okay.I faint all the time I'm making my fanily and friends sick with worry.I can't eat because it comes back up every time I eat.I'm slowly but surely fading away and it is so stupid because its all over a boy"She said bursting into tears.She felt bad for Willow who was facing much tougher problems and still being able to tell everyone and not be such a self absorbed jerk as Kate had been. "I'm sorry"She said trying to control the tears coming.The truth was she was scared.She was scared of what she was becoming and where her health would be going. "I'm scared"She managed to whisper out before collapsing to the floor.She just sat there and cried.She wondered how pathetic she looked.In truth her legs had been to weak from lack of food to carry her and even though she didn't have the energy to pull herself up from the floor

Willow laughed along with Kate, feeling happy to see that the color from Kate's pale face was starting to come through. It seemed like everyone was always in a good mood when they were cooking with someone - it was almost addictive to just stay in the kitchen and cook to her hearts content. Kate was a good friend of Willow's, she didn't want to loose her as a friend. She was a dependable person, someone she can go to - ever since the small moment in Kate's garden back at her house when Willow herself wasn't feeling alright, Kate took her under her wing - no hesitation at all. Willow smiled at the moment, that's what real friends did, and Willow was blessed to have such great friends and they still stuck by her ever since she announced her poorly health conditions.

"I could obviously just given you a bowl and a fork to crush the chocolate, but the moter and pestle is more fun." Willow blushed as she left the cookie dough to absorb the milk. She watched Kate, her expression was starting to change and her face was starting to loose it's color. She frowned at the prospect of Kate fainting and having a hard time to eat and it's all over a boy, Willow knew it was Stefan. Life was getting tough and they were only twelve years old. Willow shook her head, people always said to her that she acted much older than she really was, but Willow was only twelve. She didn't know what that meant.
She gasped as Kate collapsed on the kitchen floor. Abandoning the Cookie dough, she quickly summoned a house elf to fetch her a glass of water and a sugar cube. The Elf nodded and gave her the items. Willow crushed the sugar into the water, swirling it to mix and gave it to Kate; "I know it's probably the last thing you want, but please try to drink it. It'll help you gain some energy." She would know, fainting and collapsing episodes weren't very fun.

She placed a hand around Kate's shoulders and brought her in to a side hug, she felt sad - Willow hated seeing her friends upset, it made her feel sad inside. "You don't have to be scared anymore. I'm here. Why don't you tell me what happened from the start, I'll just listen." Willow gave Kate an encouraging look - for both telling her whats going on and to drink the water. Willow wasn't the type to pry into people's personal lives, but she knew if they talk about what was bugging them then they'd feel a little better.

Kate just sat there and watched Willow make something.What had she become an anorexic person. this so wasn't like her and if someone had told her that before the summer she would of thought they were off their hat.But her she was on the floor of the kitchen barely able to move her limbs or talk for that matter and have worried elves surrounding her.She was more disgusted in her self then anything."Thanks"She whispered as Willow gave her the drink.It didn't have immediate results but after a few minutes she felt some color come back into her face and she didn't feel as weak anymore.

Kate started crying when Willow gave her a hug.She didn't deserve these people like Willow they were to kind and caring for a selfish girl like Kate who was so over reacting over a boy.She then started to tell Willow what was up with her eating."You see the thing is I hadn't meant for it to get this bad at first I had just stopped talking and eating and after a while I had started to feel better and I had even gone to get some food but the minute I had looked at it I knew something was wrong.The food didn't look good at all.I had just sat there for ten minutes just looking at the food before deciding something was not right.I hadn't gone to the hospital wing because I was to embarressed to tell the nurse why and also I thought it would get better but at tea time and the breakfast there was still no improvements.This had made me even more depressed and put me into another bubble that I am now unable to burst"Kate said still crying but not as hard.She also felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. "Thanks Willow your such a good friend"Kate said sniffiling.There was still more but Kate felt drained from her talking.

Willow pulled her into a hug as soon as Kate finished her explanation. She left Willow speechless and she couldn't believe how such a strong person - the person who took Willow in when she was crumbling down was now crumbling down herself. She felt gutted that Kate lost her fire and her determination. She sighed; "It's about Stefan isn't it?" She gave Kate a sad smile, letting go of her embrace.
Standing up, she went over to the the stoves where the elves usually kept soup for hungry students that passes by. Ladelling some of the soup into a bowl, she strained the soup into another bowl - so that all that was left was broth. Placing a spoon into the bowl, she went back to Kate and held the bowl.

"I know the sight of food must be so unappetizing, which is why I strained it in the first place. But you need to get your energy up Kate, I hate seeing you so weak and if you'd let me, I can help you burst your bubble. Hell, I'll feed you if I have to." Willow gave a small giggle, it may have sound stupid but even in bad times, a little humor could help - even if it'll bring a smile to their face. She felt the weight on her shoulders; She knew Sara was suffering, Kate was suffering and Stefan refused to keep anyone close - including his friends, and now Willow was trying to piece everything back together. Of course she didn't mind helping, it kept her mind off her own problems at least. "I'm here for you, you know that. I promise." She gave Kate an encouraging smile.

Kate could only nod at Willow's assumption.At the beginning it had been about Stefan but she wasn't sure what it was about anymore.Kate bit her lip when Willow gave her the broth "I'll try"she said she then smiled with Willow made a funny comment.But she then looked down at the broth.She knew if she were to recover she would have to try and drink this.She thought about all her family and friends who would suffer if she didn't recover.She looked at the broth and of course the familiar feeling came back to her but she pushed it away and took sip.It felt good to have some flavour in her mouth and Kate took another sip ignoring her stomach and minds protests.After a few seconds she finished it.For a few minutes there was silence as Kate hoped it would not come back up but after a few minutes and nothing happened a grin came onto her face "I did it"She whispered.She couldn't remember the last time she had tried to eat and her stomach hadn't brought it back up.She smiled. "I'm going to be okay now"She was saying more to herself then anyone else.She looked up and Willow and suddenly jumped from her sitting position and gave Willow a massive hug "Thank you so much Willow"she said.She knew she still had a long way to go but for her she was back on the road to recovery

Willow giggled and returned Kate's hug - feeling a little better that Kate has managed to actually eat something since...well, Willow wasn't sure, but she was glad she was finally eating; "I'm not a doctor, but I think you should stick to simple foods and since you haven't been eating as much i'm sure your stomach has gotten a bit smaller, so stick with smaller meals kay?" She smiled happily, Willow was glad that she was able to help out - even if it did mean to try and force her to eat.

"Stay there until you feel a bit stronger, and don't get up too quick, i'll just put these cookies in the oven." She told Kate firmly, she didn't want to see her faint under her watch. Getting up slowly herself, she made her way back to the counter, added the chocolate chips that Kate bashed in the moter and pestle and mixed the dough. happy, she got out the baking tray, lined it with baking paper and rolled out twenty neat cookie dough balls that she flattened with a fork. Picking up the tray, she walked over to the oven and placed it in. "There. And in no time we'll have the smell of chocolate chip cookies wafting through hogwarts" She grinned. Baking made her happy.
Making her way back to Kate she smiled; "How you feeling now?"

Kate nodded at Willow's advice.She would try her best.She knew this was the first step to recovery.She knew things would still be hard and sometimes she would have to force herself to eat but if she didn't try she would just fade away and leave all her loved ones behind. "I'll do my best"She said smiling hesitantly."Am Willow could you like help me if you know what I mean"She asked quietly.She knew Willow wasn't exactly the best either but Kate would do her best to help Willow too.

"Sure"she said getting slowly into a more comfortable position.Kate watched Willow as she finished the cookies and put them into the oven.As soon as Willow spoke the faint aroma of cookies entered her nose.It then suddenly dawned on her how hungry she was. "I'm grand just a bit hungry"She said laughing at the last part.She couldn't remember the last time she had actually wanted food.Sighing she laid her head back on the counter "So Willow how are you feeling"She asked worried that during her little 'hibernation' Willow had fainted again

"Of course. I'm one step behind you." Willow nodded and shot her a smile. She wondered as she started to clean up the used utensils how she was going to bring everyone back together as one big large happy-dappy friendship group - it dawned to her that she'll need to ask Sara's help at some point. Making a mental note to ask Sara for her advice, she started to clear things up, the muggle way, humming as she went along. Finishing she sat on the bench and shrugged at Kate's question;
"I'm fine, no real problems since...last time. I still have to make sure i'm not getting up too fast, staying on the ground to long or whatever. But, it's fine...but I have to keep watching my stress levels too. Which is kinda annoying." Willow gave Kate a sheepish look, everyone practically knew that Willow never really stops working in a day, either she's in class, in the music room practicing her instruments, doing homework or down here at the kitchens baking something. Secretly, Willow was starting to get a little stressed, it wasn't to do with the classes at all - instead she was busy worrying about everyone. Sara wasn't happy with Stefan and she was worried about Kate, Kate started to exclude herself and Stefan was pushing everyone away.

She smiled at Kate; "A bit hungry you say?" Willow giggled - she was truly happy that Kate was starting her road back to recovery before it got too late, she pondered on the happy atmosphere for a while and then she asked; "So how are things with you...apart from the food issues?" She inquired quietly, she wasn't sure if Kate was willing to answer the question just yet.

"Thanks"She said quietly,It took a big weight of her shoulders knowing someone would help her recover.She wanted to help Willow clean up but when she tried to get up she felt dizzy and she had to sit back down again. So she watched Willow and waited for her to be done.After a few minutes she sat on a bench opposite Kate.Kate smiled.Out of all the people to have to lower their stress levels it had to be Willow.Any time she had seen Willow she had been doing something like music practice or school work.She then thought about how much stress she must of put Willow through "I'm sorry Willow"she said bowing her head.

"Welll ya"She said giggling too.It was funny she hadn't been hungry in ages and she was so happy to feel hungry now it was like the old her (how had always loved food) was coming back and she was sure she would never sink this low again she would never let any problem get her down.Kate sighed at Willow's next question "I'm not sure Willow.Yiu see I think I know why he is doing this I think he doen't want to hurt us and he has told Sara that he thinks he doesn't deserve me"Kate said tears threatening to overflow.

Willow noticed Kate looking pale - sure fire sign of dizziness; "Just stay there, I'm fine. Just breathe" Willow smiled and gave Kate another glass of water. Wiping her hands on a tea towel, she took a seat opposite and gave her a gentle smile; "Oh, don't worry Kate, I'm fine. Concentrate on getting better than worrying about me okay?" She gave her an encouraging smile. She didn't want to make feel Kate bad enough as it is by making her worry about her own health problems even though Willow's stress level was near the brink of exploding. Willow thought, she has been managing fine - nothing major happened in the few days meaning her blood pressure must be okay and she's eating enough sugars and nutrients and the random fainting spells haven't come in a while. All was good in Willow's inner-personal world. She smiled; "well in a few minutes time you can enjoy a cookie. Cookies always satisfies you after the first bite."

Willow bit her lip, it looked like she was about to cry again. Although Willow didn't mind being in the presence of someone whose crying, it did make her feel a little unsure of how to comfort one's crying. She listened to Sara's explanation and nodded. She knew Sara was feeling equally as bad and Stefan...well. Willow really hasn't figured out he's feeling at the moment, but she knew he needed someone to talk to. She sighed and looked at Sara, bringing the conversation to a serious point, her eyes glittering; "I know for a fact, that Stefan doesn't really want to push anyone away deep down. I can tell it in his eyes, and i'm sure you've noticed too. Kate, you're probably the most strongest, kindest and most caring person I have ever met here at Hogwarts, If Stefan thinks he doesn't deserve you, he must have got his wires crossed because there is always someone out there for you. Right now, you need to concentrate on getting better and perhaps be there for Sara also. I'm pretty sure she feels like she's lost a sister right now." Willow gave her a gentle smile and added; "I'm sure Stefan would sort out his feelings soon but I think out of kindness, give him some space. As my uncle says; sort your issues before others or else you'll both get deeper in muck." Willow heard the bell of the oven going off - the joys of magic ovens. She got up, turned the oven off and went back to Kate, giving her a hug. "Be yourself, not a stranger."

Kate smiled "Thanks"She said taking the glass of water.She sighed thinking about her second year in Hogwarts what a disaster.So much sadness and anger there had been no fun or anything she wanted to get everyone happy again.The Halloween feast wasn't far away maybe they could do something then? "Well you better concentrate on getting yourself better and not worry over everyone else either"Kate said raising her eyebrows.Willow's uncle had asked them to take care off Willow and she was going to and if that meant she had to tie her to a bed to stop her doing things that would be raising her stress levels she would do so."Yumm"she said.The smell of cookies was delicious and she couldn't wait to try one,

Kate sighed "I know they are"She said sadly She hadn't talked to her sister in ages and she knew they would never be as close again even though nothing was said she knew that something had happened between them that could never be fixed."I shouldn't of shouted at him at the time I thought he was being selfish but the more I thought about it the more I realisied that there was something more to his cold behavior"she said the tears glistining in her eyes.She had just been so surprised and hurt by his behavior. "Thanks"She said hugging her back.She needed to put all of what happened behind her and only think of her future.

Willow waved her hand in a 'no' type of nonsense; "Meh, who cares about my health issues, they're nothing compared to yours Kate, all I have to do is eat often and make sure I include sugar somehow. I'd make it my personal mission to see you well" Willow smiled, she knew if her Uncle or her Cousin would have heard her now they would give her a lecture on how to concentrate on her own problems than the problems of others. It was one of Willow's seemingly weak point - being too compassionate and too nice to her friends and peers, but she didn't mind. She just wanted to see people smile, be happy and laugh. Life was too short to be upset, Her thought wandered precariously close to those of her Parents. Her parents were just on a way to a conference and then before they even reached there, their plane crashes. From then on, She'd live for the current days and didn't spend her time worrying about small things. Small things which happened to include her own self.

Getting up, she pulled on oven mitts and brought out the tray of cookies in the oven. Placing them on the counter next to the oven she got out two plates and placed a cookie on one plate - cutting one of the cookies into quarters before placing them on the counter they were sitting at. From there she filled two small glasses with milk. "I thought cutting your cookie in to quarters would help you with the food thing. So you can eat one chunk at a time since they look smaller." Willow smiled at her as she sat down on the stool and ate a bite of her cookie. She nodded at her views of Stefan, it wasn't like him at all, sipping her milk, she spoke; "It...wasn't very Stefan-like, I don't really know much about his background but he's a really nice person. I know that, despite him being a Slytherin." She didn't really care about the Hogwarts houses at all, she knew the reputations of each one - she knew if she did care about the houses, then she would have avoided a Slytherin at all costs and wouldn't really become friends with a Hufflepuff or a Ravenclaw and would keep her friends in her own house. Nope. Willow wasn't that person at all.

Kate frowned.Willow shouldn't have that sort of attitude.If she didn't take care of herself and she got sick she couldn't exactly take care of anybody them so she may as well put herself first for the time being.Kate had used to be like that she had used to put everyone before her but that was led to trouble and a lot of sorrow.Its not that she didn't care for other people she just thought a little about herself first.

Kate could feel her stomach rumbling with the thought there would be something some what decent inside it.It seemed to of got over its phobia of food."Thanks"She said as Willow gave her the cookie and milk.It was almost like those little kidy programes where they always got milk and cookies for a treat.She took a bite first there was a bit of nausea but she just swallowed it down and ate the first part of the cookie.It tasted so good she wanted to just put all the cookies in at once but she would have to take it slow so she wouldn't throw up. "Very nice"She said taking a small bite out of the other piece. "I know he wouldn't just do this for the fun of it there has to be a reason"She said sighing.She was almost sure that it was something to do with his dad and the fact that when they said goodbye at the summer he had almost made it sound like he was never going to see her again or he wasn't sure and this worried her. "I think I may have an idea whats happening but I'm not sure"She said biting her lip.She would have to try and talk to Stefan and try to find out what was wrong.

Willow ate her cookie in silence. She hated seeing Kate like this, it was as if she was beating herself up for something she didn't do or in Willow's case, didn't know. She watched her bite her few chunks of cookie, feeling relieved that she was getting some sort of food down - even if it wasn't particularly healthy and wasn't really nutritious, at least the milk was nutritious enough. Willow sipped some of the milk and dabbed a napkin on her mouth, she was prone to the milk mustache jokes and she really was bored of them by now.

"You're doing well, ignore your body protesting - it's really thanking you right now." Willow offered some encouragement, she was sure it was hard for Kate, let alone in the presence of another person - encouragement was always the key, telling her that she was doing well and fine was good for her self esteem. "but don't eat more than you can handle okay? more advice. It was as if that's all Willow was doing these days. Teaching Sara how to play guitar, Telling Stefan that he's a good person and that his mother would be proud of him, Telling Danielle she's doing fantastic at her first year of Hogwarts so far. Willow was feeling a little peeved inside, she was trying to make her friends happy and back together - all alone. She felt like the middle person, the person who was in the middle of conflicting trying to make both sides happy, without choosing a side, but she was good at hiding this emotion - she did it a lot back in muggle schools. Willow the Peacemaker.

Willow cocked her head; "Whats the idea you have about Stefan? Maybe I know something that you don't that might help with your idea?" Willow asked, she knew she shouldn't have budged for information but hell, if she was going to try and bring her friends back together then why not know a little background information? She hesitated and added; "You don't have to say if you don't want to." She hastily bit into a chunk of cookie, she was feeling her stress level rising up another notch...not good. not good..

Kate nodded.She took another bite of the cookie.It felt weird to be eating since she hadn't done it in so long.But there was happiness all over her because she was now on the way to recovery.Once she was back to her normal health self she would start getting things in action.She admired Willow.She was doing everything she could to help her friends when she needed some help too_One of the reasons Kate had ignored everybody and not asked for their help was because she was used to being the person that helped everybody.She had been the one her brother and sisters had always gone for help she had never really needed it herself so when she did need help she didn't really know what to do because she had never needed it before.But she could see that Willow was taking everyone under her wing trying to make them happy and help them.But Kate decided she would be there for Willow and make her happy when she was sad and help her if she needed it.So she put her hand in Willow's and squeezed it she didn't say anything she just wanted Willow to know she would be her helper and would be there for her when she needed her.

Kate shifted uneasily.She wasn't sure whether this was right or not she could be completely wrong but for the moment it was the only thing she could think of.She could see Willow stressing out "Don't worry its okay just calm down and I'll tell you"She said softly trying to calm Willow.She took a breath "Okay so at the end of last term Stefan and I met at the bus stop in Brightstone village to say goodbye for the summer holidays."She said stopping wondering if she should tell Willow what happened between them.She bit her lip but she decided to tell her everything. "We started talking and it almost sounded like he was saying goodbye forever like we would never see each other again.And them am we kissed"She said blushing a little. "we agreed to meet at the Great Hall the day we came back and then I heard a car come up and when it did Stefan got up quickly with a look of total fear on his face.Then the man in the car shouted at Stefan and called him bad things"She said close to tears.She had tried to forget that part of the evening but it had haunted her for nights. "So what I think is that Stefan's dad has been doing all these things to Stefan and when I told Stefan what I thought he said that that man was his father and he was the only thing he had that was close to family"She said controlling her emotions there was no point in crying it wouldn't help anybody. "So am thats what I think"She said before taking another bite of her cookie

Willow squeezed Kate's hand back, she wasn't particularly sure why Kate showed that gesture. Willow was fine, happy. Healthy for now at least in the time being. She kept looking at her cookie, taking a bite of it every now and then, she noticed Kate shift uncomfortably, Willow was about to do the same but decided not to - to save the awkwardness and unsureness of where their conversation was heading towards to. Willow wasn't sure where the conversation was going to go to at all really, a thousand reasons could be why Stefan would be acting like he is and a million ideas and theories could be behind that. Willow wasn't sure whether it'll be fantastically awesome and Stefan was against it or it could be disastrously bad and Stefan had a reason to be angry and upset. Willow wasn't sure, she highly doubted anyone would know - unless Kate knew because she likes him, it was rather becoming blatantly obvious now.

Willow nodded along to her explanation - goodbye at Brightsone Village, Summer holidays and a Kiss - Willow half-expected that but kept her expression neutral, They were twelve and already loving people. Willow with Chris (although that could start to be a different story now since they hardly meet each other.) and Now Kate and Stefan. Willow couldn't help think that they were too young to start liking people - but whatever goes, goes. The meeting in the Great Hall proved to be disastrous but the next part of the story was more than Willow could handle - A man shouting at Stefan, Stefan looking scared. Man. Stefan. Father. Son. Family. Willow couldn't help but place her hand over her mouth. Her eyes watering, she could never cry.
"H...his dad?" Willow muttered out.

It was too much to handle, and a way too big a case for anyone to solve - too big for twelve year old's to even come and save him from his own house. The first thought Willow thought of was to help him run away in the next holiday - but that wouldn't prove anything, solve anything or relieve anything. It'll only cause more problems and tensions - un necessary tensions. Willow did some deep thinking, she had her thinking face on - it was quite obvious when she was thinking, an almost frown-happy expression, she focused on her cookie and then the light bulb lit - her thoughts drifted over and over - ...Stefan's behavior....withdrawn, quiet, angry....the bruises and cuts - more than just falling over....Pushing...Kate...away...and everyone... Everything clicked, Willow knew why everything what it was and she wanted to go and talk to Stefan. Willow wasn't sure Kate knew, she frowned and came across another problem; "This is...upsetting." She murmured, she didn't know what to say. Willow knew that if he was being beaten by his father - it would be horrible for both ends, she knew child abuse was present in New Zealand, it was a punishable offense and most likely placed in jail and Stefan would be put in the care of someone else and possibly restricting his access to Hogwarts. Stefan would be devastated if he lost his father - even if his father wasn't a fatherly figure. Willow still wondered what life would be like if she still had her parents around, she still cries for them now and then. She can't bear the thought of Stefan loosing his only parent, no one should loose a parent.

Willow sighed and took a bit of her cookie sadly, this was probably the most complicated situation Willow came across, she hated it. She hated when everything turns disastrous. It was like a domino effect - She couldn't blame Stefan for starting it after all the things he may have gone through. Push Kate away, Sara, herself. Willow was the last domino in the line for all she knew. Still balancing on the edge, still standing but precariously close to falling. She didn't care any more, she didn't care about classes, she didn't care about herself, she'll die trying to bring their group back together. Everyone had their own problems, everyone had their own feelings about each other. She knew no one could live like this for the next five years at Hogwarts - one of them was bound to transfer to the other wizarding schools for all Willow knew. Something was going to snap, and it was going to snap soon - Willow wasn't sure if that was going to be her health or it would be the snap of happiness when everyone is brought back together. Willow smiled at Kate; "Thanks for telling me"

Kate could see Willow was shocked she wasn't sure if she should of told her. "Uhmmm ya"She said hesitantly not looking at Willow.when she did she saw Willow was in deep thought and she didn't want to disturb her so she kept quiet and ate the rest of her cookie.After a few minutes she saw a flash of recognision in Willow's face like she had finally found the answer but she didn't say anything so Kate kept quiet.she didn't want Willow to say anything as it was obvious Stefan wanted to sort this out alone or he would of told someone. Kate smiled back at Willow "Your welcome"She sighed.This was a very big situation and it wasn't something twelve year old children should be sorting out but they weren't average kids.She was suddenly filled with hope. "Everything will be okay"She said confidently.It might not look so bright now but Kate knew in the future everything would be back to normal.She smiled took Willow's hand and squeezed it.Something big was going to happen and they would get through it together

Users who are viewing this thread

Back