Katherine Kensington [WIP]

Kate Kensington
d991313af72719bf26f9a8758106bbc0bad0a2ff.gifv

Cover me in sunshine
Shower me with good times

Full Name:
Katherine Claire Kensington

Name Meaning:
The name Katherine is of Greek origin and means "pure." In the early Christian era, Katherine was associated with the Greek word katharos (which means pure).
The name Claire is a French adjective meaning “clear,” “light,” or “bright.” It can also be a noun meaning “light,” as in the phrase “clair de lune” (“light of the moon”).
Kensington means "the Town Of Cynsige's People". It is the name of a borough in London. Kensington is an English name.

Nickname(s) or alias:
Katherine is largely and predominately known as 'Kate'.

Kate was born and identifies as a female.

Birthday:
First of March, 2045

Sexual Orientation:
At the age of eleven, Kate assumes herself to be heterosexual, but as she has not had any attractions for either gender yet, time will tell.

Nationality:
Although Kate's heritage is from England, she identifies as a Kiwi/New Zealander.

City or town of birth:
Kate was born in the French Pass, Marlborough, New Zealand.

Currently lives:
Kate still currently resides with her parents in the French Pass, Marlborough, New Zealand.

Wealth status:
Katherine's family is very wealthy. Her great-great-great-great grandparents immigrated to New Zealand where they built a vineyard, creating their own wine business. It has been successful, and passed down the generations.

House:
Kensington House

Previous House(s):
Katherine has never lived in another house

Languages Spoken:
English, and basic Te Reo Maori

Relationship status:
Katherine is currently single

I've been dreaming of friendly faces
I've got so much time to kill

Playby:
Olivia Holt

Height:
Katherine is on the shorter side of average.

Hair Colour:
Blonde

Hair Style:
Kate's hair is medium length, and is naturally straight.

Eye Color:
Hazel

Tattoos:
Absolutely not

Piercings:
Kate has her ears pierced

Preferred Style of Clothing:
Kate prefers a more simple style, classy but still comfortable. She loves T-Shirts and Jeans, but those clothes are often not to her Mother's standards, so the majority of her clothes are skirts and blouses; or fitted pants.

Jewelery/accessories:
Kate often wears earrings and a necklace, but doesn't have a preferred pair.

Just imagine people laughing
I know some day we will

Smoker?
Absolutely not

Drinker?
At the age eleven, no; but perhaps in the future.

Allergies?
Currently Kate has no allergies

And even if it's far away
Get me through another day

Personality:
Kate is inherently shy. Growing up in a wealthy family, but isolated home, the main interactions that she has had in her early childhood was with her mother, nanny and sometimes her father. She was brought up to be polite and kind and a 'proper lady'. Her parents have a very old fashioned view of upbringing. In staying mainly around her parents and house, Kate hasn't been exposed to bullies, or any kind of 'meanness', but knows what it is to be nice and kind to others, and always strives to be kind. Kate will often not stand up for herself, and would struggle to stand up for her friends, but will always be there for them if they were upset.

Personality Type:
ISFJ -T
'Defender'; Defenders are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity.

Kate favorite thing to do is crocheting. She also enjoys knitting and quilting.
Kate has a fondness for *cute* animals. She has never had to clean up after one, however.
Kate likes to learn about people. It was ingrained in her that learning about a person, and remembering is polite, but she found she quite enjoyed doing it and having conversations about who they are, rather than herself.

Dislikes:
Kate struggles with, and therefore dislikes reading.
Kate hates to get dirty and do anything that would requite her to do so (such as cleaning).
Kate dislikes large crowds; she feels suffocated in them.

Fears and Phobias:
One of Kate's biggest fears, is having to speak in front of an audience. She can entertain a small group of maybe, three people, but any larger and she starts to feel anxious and lose her words.

Strengths:
Supportive
Reliable/Loyal
Empathetic
Generous

Weaknesses:
Humble/Shy
Delicate/Emotional
Altruistic
Naiive/Sheltered

Pet Peeves:
Kate can't stand bullies or people being mean. She doesn't understand the reason or necessity.
Kate struggles to sit near people who eat or drink loudly

Virtue:
Humility

Vice:
Envy

Motivations:
Kate is motivated by her want to love and be loved. She has love to give, albeit her not being entirely sure how to do it. She wants the people around her to know that she loves them and that they are loved. Katherine has always been doted upon from her parents and nanny, and since moving to Hogwarts, is sorely missing it. Kate has realized she is desperate for love.

Goals and Ambitions:
At her young age, Kate is keen to make some friends. However, as she grows older, her goal will be to settle down and start a family; hopefully with someone that can take over her parent's business.

Favorite Colour:
Kate loves pastels; her favorite is pink and yellow.

Least Favourite Colour:
Kate is not a fan of dull colours - ones she would consider 'yuck'. Brown, off green etc.

Favourite Season:
Spring 🌻

Taste in Music:

Talents/Skills:

Love Style:

Agape
Agapic individuals are giving and caring, and are centred on their partner’s needs. This is largely a selfless and unconditional love. An agapic partner will love you just as you are. But they will also be particularly appreciative of acts of care and kindness that they receive back from their partner.

Cover me in sunshine
Shower me with good times

Mother and Relationship:
Claire Kensington (nee Lee)

Father and Relationship:
Hugh Kensington

Siblings and Other Family Members:
Kate does not have any siblings.

Partner/Spouse:
None yet.

Children:
None yet.

Pets:
Kate has two Netherland Dwarf rabbits.

First Kiss:
Not yet.

First Crush:
Not yet.

First Love:
Note yet.

Past Relationships:
None yet.

Tell me that the world's been spinning since the beginning
And everything will be alright

Patronus:
Phoenix
Just like the phoenix, you are known for being loving, faithful and for providing healing with your actions and words. There’s also the fact that you give incredibly sage advice and wisdom; it can be downright prophetic at times.

Patronus Memory:
When she went with her parents and chose her two bunnies.
When her wand chose her.

Animagus:
Cat
Most of the times, you are the silent one. You talk when needed to impart some wisdom, which is why your opinions are so valuable to your friends. When things go down, you are very calm and collected. You are also the one who knows everyone’s secrets (by their choice) because you are so trustworthy.

Boggart:
A podium - to represent having to speak in front of a crowd.

Blood Status:
Kate's blood status is that of mixed blood

Wand and Description:
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Length: On the shorter side of things, this wand offers excellent control and aim - easily an extension of one's own arm.
Style: Great care was taken in crafting this wand's wood to spiral to its point, giving it a beautiful aesthetic quality.
Wood: Alder wands are best held by those who are kind and helpful and becomes a loyal and trusted helper itself when controlled properly.
Core: The animal is known for its healing qualities and unbridled beauty, so it is no surprise that wands with unicorn hair are particularly successful at performing healing spells. Wands with this core bond with their first caster, making wands with this core not good as hand-me-downs. These wands are useful with charms and transfigurations.
Flexibility: Sturdy: A solid wand for any witch or wizard - easy to use, and highly dependable.

Hogwarts House and Feelings:
Kate is in Hufflepuff.
"Katherine was delighted to be in Hufflepuff House. From the things she had heard about every House, she was sure this was the one that would be most suited to her. And from the warmth of the Common Room that Kate felt when she walked in, she knew she was right. People at the table at dinner time had seemed perfectly friendly. Kate had never lived anywhere else but her house back home, but she was almost immediately felt at home here."

Zodiac:
Kate is a Pisces.
Pisces people are known for being emotionally sensitive, gracious, and emotionally aware. Pisces characters are regarded for being among the most sympathetic of the zodiac signs, and they will go to great lengths to ensure the happiness of those around them.

Element:
WATER;
Water people are in touch with their emotions. They love fiercely, have strong instincts, and connect to others with empathy and compassion. They have strong connections with friends and family but may struggle with new social situations.

Regrets:

Secrets:

Last edited:

This 'interview' is set at Eleven Years of Age.
632ba8dbe9d9d5c1828f6c39c79668235165c405.gif

What is your real name, birth name, and the name you use most often?
"My name is Katherine Claire Kensington, but I usually go by Kate."

Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where you get it?
"I get called Kate by most people; the shortened version of my name."

What do you look like? Be as descriptive as possible.
"I have medium blonde hair, it's usually qutie straight. My mother knows spells and charms on how to change it, and I expect I will learn these from her soon. My eyes are hazel, and are either an up-turned, or almond shape. I'm not sure."

How do you dress most of the time?
"It depends on the occassion. For every day, it might be...high rise pants with a blouse, or an easy, everyday type dress."

How do you "Dress up"?
"Definitely a dress and heels. If the dress allows, a necklace, earrings, some type of accessory. "

How do you "Dress down"?
"I love jeans and tshirts. Maybe sneakers as well!"

What do you wear when you go to sleep?
"I wear pajamas!"

Do you wear any jewellery?
"I love wearing jewellery, so I will often have some sort of necklace on, and always earrings. I do love rings, but they collect far too much dirt around the hands to be worn on the daily."

In your opinion, what is your best feature?
"Oh, wow. I think, maybe, my eyes can be quite nice."

What's your real birth date? What age are you at the time of this interview?
"First of March, 2045, and I am eleven."

Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde etc?
"I live with my parents at the house at their Vineyard. It is large, but always, always neat."

What is your most prized mundane possession?
"My flower vase; it's not a typical vase, or something we usually have showing in our house, it's the bottle that our families' very first wine made was poured into."

What one word best describes you?
"I would like to say, kind."

What was your family like?
"I don't spend a lot of time with my Father; he is often working. He will occassionally join us for dinner. I spend a lot of time with my Mother or Nanny, and we are quite close. They are both very kind, and everything I aspire to be."

What was your favourite game?
"I know that when I was younger, I quite enjoyed playing with my dollhouse. Otherwise I don't really play games."

Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
"I would have to say my Nanny - I couldn't say my Mother, because she already has another title! (Mother)."

What is your fondest childhood memory?
"A couple of years ago, when my parents took me to buy my rabbits. It was a fun, proper family outing, and I got two amazing creatures as well."

What is your worst childhood memory?
"Falling off my horse. Not only was it incredibly painful, but I was covered in dirt."

What hobbies do you have?
"I enjoy knitting, crocheting and sewing. Those are the main things I like to do, however I do enjoy going out for tea and getting to know someone, or watching a live perforamnce."

Who is your worst enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
"Oh, I don't have any enemies!"

What annoys you more than anything else?
"Messiness, it's just a breeding ground for germs."
What would be the perfect gift for you?
"Jewellery, or new wool or a pattern to make."

What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
"A flower farm in the Tasman. A field full of flowers. Stunning."

What time of day is your favourite?
"The early morning, when everything is still and quiet, and then you start to hear the birds."

What kind of weather is your favourite?
"I love sunny days, but not when it's incredibly hot."

What is your favourite food? What is your least favourite food?
"I don't get it much, but I love pizza. And I don't really like toast. It is messy and bland."

What is your favourite drink?
"I love hot, sweet tea."

What's your favourite animal?
"Bunnies!"

Do you have any pets? Do you want any? What kind?
"Yes, I have two Netherland Dwarf Rabbits."

What do you find most relaxing?
"Knitting, or strolling through a garden."

What don't you like about yourself?
"I wish that I was able to chat to people easily, or that I didn't get so scared in a large group of people."

Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
"Someone who is kind, not just to me, but to everybody. They're intelligent and hard working."

Do you ever want to get married and have children?
"Yes, absolutely."

Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
"None that I can think of. I don't like arguments."

Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
"Definitely not! I would never."

What do you feel most strongly about?
"I think that everyone should do their best to be kind."

Interview questions were created by Rich Taylor, and can be found right here, originally posted by Laura Cushing. Any edits are made by Pheeb, for the purpose of fitting into Hogwarts New Zealand's world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back