Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
[Continued from/previous storyline: Unexpected Turn of Events]

Forget the fact that Isaac and Mike had gotten caught fighting (about her) in the middle of the entrance hall and that she had dried blood on her short, revealing black dress, Isabella stormed back into the Yule Hall in search of two people, knowing the one person she was looking for would be with the other. After she spotted Theo's white-blonde head in the crowd, she rushed over to them and looked right at Abbey's violet eyes, her ex-friend. Her hair was now falling out of its pin and looking very messy and in her hands was a letter with only a few words, those three words that would haunt her for the rest of her life, 'It's your mother' written in her father's shaky handwriting. She glared at Abbey, whom she hadn't spoken to in a month and held up the letter as she said, "There. Are you happy now? You got what you wanted!" Although she was holding the letter up, Isabella was shaking with fear, anger, anxiety, too much to describe, that Abbey couldn't read what the simple letter said.

Abbey and Theodore fell to a slow stop when Isabella approached them, and she turned towards her ex-friend with confusion as she all but broke down in tears over some letter. "What are you talking about Chaos?" she asked as she took the letter from the girl, because she knew that in Isabella's state it wasn't likely she would be able to explain everything calmly.

Within the first three words, Abbey felt sick to her stomach and cringed as she continued reading. This was her fault. She had wished death on Isabella's family. Her lips fell apart in shock and she looked from the broken Slytherin to the letter. "Oh god, Bella I'm.. I'm so sorry," she said enveloping the girl in a tight hug.

Isabella was fighting back tears that were brimming in her eyes, threatening to smear the black smokey makeup she had on for the ball. She allowed Abbey to read the letter, repeating it to herself in her head, and was unexpectedly enveloped in a tight hug. Isabella was so angry at Abbey she pushed her off. "No!" she yelled back as she took a step back. "You wished this upon me and it happened, it's all your fault!" she said, her voice shrilly as she tried containing her tears. Isabella knew a death in the family was going to happen sooner or later, so it really wasn't Abbey's fault, but the fact that she had 'cursed' her a month ago was eerie and upsetting to her.

Abigail looked down at the ground shamefully as Isabella told her that it was her fault. She linked her fingers together sadly and murmured, "I did. But I never.. I never thought that it would do anything. It's only a play I quoted. Just a play," she looked at Isabella but didn't look into her eyes because she felt like the worst person alive. She deserved this, a voice sang sadistically to her. You lived in two different worlds, she deserves to see what it's like. Isabella is a bad person, she needs this to know what life is really like, that not everything comes on a silver platter, the voice continued, as she shook her head, trying to rid herself of it, but of course it wasn't working.

Tears finally streamed down Isabella's face as Abbey looked down in shame. Isabella wanted to keep yelling at her and blame her endlessly for her mother getting in the car accident, she wanted to blame someone, anyone for it, and Abbey was her easiest target. She knew though that it wasn't her fault, it was her own, Isabella put her face in her hands as she actually broke down and said "I'm sorry," to Abbey. She was apologizing for ever saying anything about Abbey's family. This was it, her karma, what everyone had been waiting for so Isabella could learn her lesson.

Abbey's thoughts ceased, perhaps momentarily, as Isabella apologized. She looked up at the crying girl and sighed. She was the only one out of the four girls that had grown up without a parent or had lost one, well excluding Bella now, so she felt like the only one to help her at all. "I know," she sussed, rubbing the girl's shoulders.

Abbey wasn't sure if she should apologize for Bella's loss because she knew that she hated it when people said sorry because it did nothing. It didn't bring her Mom or Dad back, and apologizing to Bella wouldn't bring her mother back either.

Isabella tried wiping her tears away as people started staring. It was the first time she'd cried all year. Her previous two years she had always ended up crying over something pathetic compared to this and this year when she wanted to change her style and attitude to be less goody-two-shoes and more grungy she had also told herself she would not cry anymore, crying only made her seem weak, it painted a larger target on her back than she already had.

Though now she had a good reason to cry, through blurry eyes she looked back up at her almost friend. It seemed their friendship was always rocky from being almost friends to close friends, now enemies, back and forth. Now she felt like Abbey was the only one she could talk to, the only one who would understand or relate. She was glad Abbey wasn't saying 'sorry about your loss', it had only just happened and she knew she'd be hearing those words endlessly from now on. How could Abbey deal with it? She remembered their first meeting in the dorm room during the middle of the year last year, how Abbey had said both her parents were gone and Isabella couldn't imagine how that would be. She too had probably used those cliche words 'sorry for your loss' or something similar, at the time she felt she was being sympathetic with those words, but now that she knew she would be hearing them periodically, they sounded dull and flat. "Abbey, I'm sorry for ever writing anything about you or your past or your family, I was way out of line, I'm sorry," she choked out so only the violet-eyed girl could hear. "I'm sorry for blaming you about this," she held up the letter, "it's no one's fault but my own. I deserve this," she stated her last sentence firmly. This was her punishment, no, only the beginning of her punishment, for doing this to Abbey and to all the students of HNZ.

[lame sorry]

Abigail pulled away from Isabella as she apologized to her. She looked down on the dance floor with anger bubbling up inside of her, feeding the words she snapped at Isabella, "Your damn well right you were out of line!" She clenched her fists, and grinded her teeth together angrily, trying her hardest not to reach over and give Isabella the beating of a life time. "I don't forgive you. I don't know if I ever will, but I can act pleasant while you are going through this. But then again I didn't know my parents, I was never sad over their death. Well, a little jealous that people like you got everything in the world and parents, but I don't know how to relate to you," she said with anger in her voice but more gentleness to it.

Abbey looked over at Theodore, and wrapped her arms around his waist to try and calm herself down in any way. She inhaled his scent swiftly and grinned to herself, feeling completely soothed by him. She looked back at Isabella and said, "I don't believe in loosing family as a punishment. It is just a coincidence that you hurt people then your mother died. Don't blame yourself for it. It was no ones fault." Because of her indifference with Isabella, her words were coated with anger and laothing, making them seem false, and they sort of were. She did want to be there and comfort her but she wasn't sure if she would be able to respect herself for helping someone she whole heartedly hated. Isabella Chaos was a bad person, and did deserve this, and would get more, she would see fit that she did.

no lamer then mine

Isabella was somewhat surprised at Abbey's retort but then again she should've expected it. Abbey had every right to be mad at her. Though when she said she'd 'act pleasant' while she was going through this Isabella raised her eyebrows in disbelief. She kept her mouth clenched tightly as she let Abbey go on and berate her trying to keep calm though by the end of it all she was angry all over again. Why the hell did she even apologize again? It clearly hadn't changed anything between the two and even though Abbey had lost her parents, she couldn't relate to her. Abbey had lost her parents when she was young, Isabella had lost them when she was thirteen, she'd had more memories and more of a relationship with her mother than Abbey had with her parents, therefore she felt it hurt more.

Isabella looked at her former friend in disgust and disbelief. "You know what," she began, her voice full of anger again, "don't 'act pleasant' around me. Don't pretend to be nice to me, that's bullshit!" the Slytherin replied. She would rather the two go on hating each other and avoiding each other than having to 'pretend' to be nice, she was done pretending to do something anymore. "I just thought I'd let you know that I am sorry for writing those things and not just because my mom just died," she pointed out. From the moment she had read the issue in the Great Hall, before Abbey had even snapped at Alyssa, Isabella had regretted putting Abbey's story in the magazine. She had wanted to say sorry but her pride had gotten in the way and then by the time she wanted to, the two weren't friends anymore so she didn't want to apologize anymore. Now it only seemed like she was saying sorry because something horrible had finally happened to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back