Just What I Needed

Roze Castro

OOC First Name
Sierra
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Roze grabbed her guitar from her trunk and walked down to the old, abandoned lavatory. It seemed like no one was ever in there, which was why it was the perfect place for her to play and just let go. She got extremely nervous playing and singer in front of people, so it had been a long time since she had done so. She couldn't wait any longer.

Roze stopped short when she entered the room. It was big and dusty with age. Everything seemed so old and deserted. It seemed as if it had been abandoned for centuries. She wondered when the last time someone set foot in old lavatory was.

Roze wanted to test the acoustics in there, so she walked to the middle and played a few chords of Desert Song by My Chemical Romance. The notes sounded pretty sharp clear. Satisfied, Roze sat down with her guitar and started tuning it. Soon, she was ready to play.

She got her fingers in position for the first song, but paused just before she began. She just wanted to make sure there was no one in there. Roze looked all around her, but saw no one. Finally, she started strumming Dear Mr. President by Pink. As she strummed and sang, she kept looking around, still checking to make sure no one was with her.

This is stupid, she thought. There's no one here now and if someone comes in I'll see them because I'm staring right at the door. Chill. Just enjoy it.

She tried to follow her own advice and soon she was swaying with the music with her eyes closed and putting all the emotion and passion she could into the music.

"I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick"

She had moved on to I'm So Sick by Flyleaf. Each song was a little more upbeat than the last, and each time she got more and more into it.

"I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss"

Next she sang Mr. Brightside by the Killers. Every song flowed into the other so that it was impossible to tell where one ended and the next began.

"I waited eight long months
She finally set him free
I told him I can't lie
He was the only one for me

Two weeks and we caught on fire
She's got it out for me
But I wear the biggest smile"

Misery Business by Paramore was one of her favorites. By now she had lost all sense of the world around her. Roze was in her own world now. She was surrounded by music, fun and a sense of home. This was just what she needed.

Maddy had been stuck in one of the stall after a while of just listening to the music being played. Every song she quickly recognize from Stormy muggel selection of old bands back in 2000's. From Pink, to Flyleaf and another she positive Paramore sang. The last time she heard that sort of music had been back in Ireland with Stormy, she loved Paramore but Pink was alright if you were to ask which one she favor amongst the choice that girl played. Maddy shifted herself closer against the stalls wooden walls. She bent lower to get a better sound of the girl's singing. She had extended her head down, just to get a peak of the one playing those familiars songs. The more she crouch lower the more she felt tightly squeeze in, as if she would fall any second but holding her breath help out a lot. She held her breath longer than a minute and did some deep breath. If she held her breath she would stop herself from tipping over and being spotted. A minute longer and she felt her lungs scream out, let me out! Avoiding the possibly of fainting, she fell with a loud thud, "Oww!" the stalls door fell open. That should alarm the girl instantly someone is here and that someone, had just rip the door from their hinges. To much in pain to be embarrassed or worried if the girl had seen her, she would take her right hand to rub down her swollen ankle for crouching so long. Her legs ached for bending to close together, and her hair fell lose. Falling down her side, she groan a little more in pain. "Owww"
The pain had linger a lot longer than she happen for it to go away. She felt that tingling feeling when you just finish stretching, you get it most of time when you had done walking more than just a mile or weight training around your legs. That sensation pressed on more, it made her legs feel glue to the floor. Heavy was the word she wanted to use, Maddy just failed to get up against the marbel creamy floor. She attempted to pull herself up with her lenghty arms but even that failed, with her palms pressing against the floor she sighed heavily, hoping the pain would pass at least for her to regain balance.

Roze jumped with scream when she heard a loud BANG. She looked around for the source of the noise, and found it not far from her. A girl was lying on a broken stall door looking very pained.

Roze jumped up, set her guitar down, and ran to help the groaning girl up.

"Are you okay?" Roze asked, hoping the girl wasn't too badly injured.

Madlyn expected the scream, what she hadn't expected was two helping hair and the girl kneeling at her side. "I'm fine.." she falsely stated with her eyes half way shut. "I just couldn't help it anymore. Its to small, thank goodness these aren't our bathroom anymore.." she shut her mouth, her left leg was swelling more than her right. She stretch it out to reveal how tall she really happen to be. "I ah, was overhearing your singing. Those are muggel bands right? Your pretty good at it..." she kept rambling to forget the pain. Maybe talk more to distract the girl from Madlyn's differences.

Roze didn't know why she asked that question. It was obvious the girl was not okay, even though the girl claimed she was.

Roze listened to the girl talk as she stretched out her very long, swelling left leg.

"Wow," Roze said in amazement at not only the length of the girl's legs, but also at the amount of swelling. "You should go to the Hospital Wing. She stated in between the girl's talking.

"Thanks, and, uhm, yeah, those are muggle bands." Roze answered her question shyly, self-conscious about the girl hearing her sing.

"No I'm fine really, just stupid" she laughed. She wanted the girl to forget her leg. "You sound really good. I like Pink and the Killers. They are so good" Maddy grinned. She wanted to know if the girl know anymore of them. She would like to hear some more if she didn't mind playing while Maddy listen. "Do you anymore songs? I would like to hear more that's if you don't mind it!" she expressed happily. It would be cool if she could play any the bands she knew, but some were similiar taste to what Rose was playing. They all sound good either way.

Roze laughed with the girl. She insisted that she was fine, so Roze let it slide... for the moment.

"Oh... uhm... yeah. I know a lot more," she answered the first question and hesitated on the second. Performing in front of people made her really nervous.

"I really need to get over this. I can't get all nervous every time I talk about playing guitar or singing. It's unreasonable. And besides, if I love music as much as I claim to, whoever hears it shouldn't be an issue, right? If music is what I love, I shouldn't be bothered by someone hearing me. I've got to get over this stupid obsession, and I'm going to start right now." Roze gave herself a little pep talk. She decided she had to do it. She could do it. If she tried.

"Sure. Name a song. Or a band. Whichever. We'll see if I know it." Roze smiled, trying to look confident.

"Confidents easy to get by if you believe in yourself. Besides I listen you sing and its wonderful. Well compare to most that I've heard in the past" she chuckle shaking her head. "Besides I try not to go by what people think cause if you do, well that's a lot of people to worry about. Its kinda silly right?" whoa she should really take in her own advice, makes a difference when you listen to yourself too. "How bout boys like girls? Or Panic? I think that's what they're called. My friend the music expert, I'm into just hanging out and..." she stop herself...boarding. Not everyone believed her, but yeah she boarde pretty well, when her father's boards are built well enough to take her height and weight. "stuff..." she shrugged still rubbing a bit of her leg, the swelling slowly going down.

"Thanks," she said as she smiled at the girl.

"Oh! Panic at the Disco? I love them!" Roze exclaimed, hoping that was indeed who she was talking about.

"I like them too! But my father won't let me listen to them. J just know one song..." she admitted growing a bit embarrassed by it. "Its ummmm, I think I write sins, but any song will be cool. You don't have to pick that one" Maddy felt like she was talking to much, but being the person that she is, it came natural. What's your name by the way? Mines Maddy, well Madlyn but I like being called Maddy" she smile now her confidence strong as ever.

"I love that song! That's actually the first one I ever heard by them. It's my favorite one of theirs." She replied excitedly. "Why won't your dad let you listen to them?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm Roze. It's nice to meet you." She answered, realizing they hadn't introduced themselves yet.

"So, I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At the Disco!" She chimed happily.

Roze began to play. As soon as she started strumming, she forgot that anyone else was in the room. She strummed and sang and sang and strummed. She sang with passion. She sang with pride. She sang with attitude.

She finished the song and kept her head down, looking at the guitar for another moment. Then, she looked back up at Maddy and smiled. She just played in front of someone she'd never met before. And she played well. She was proud of herself.

"Well its a long story" she said nodding a bit. Her father more into old tradition music. Being Sioux Indian, came with traditions she didn't go on with in. She had to endurce tradition, relatives, and so on.
Madlyn sat and listen to Roze sing. She really got into the music, lost by every words. You could tell just watching she love to sing. Madlyn loved music just the same, just not to sing or dance. More to listen to and enjoy. She applauded when Roze sang her last cord. "Wow your like really good!" she exclaimed happily for Roze. None of her old friends ever been the type to sing, perhaps Roze would
be someone new to get along with. Plus she sang great, who didn't like to be friends with a singer? "You should totally write your own music!"

Roze smiled and blushed slightly when Maddy applauded.

"Thanks!" She replied excitedly. Maddy seemed really cool so far."I've tried to write my own music, but I just haven't been able to get very far with anything, yet." She shrugged.

"Oh! Don't let that be your down fall. You may just need I dunno inspiration? Or something to get you going?" Madlyn suggested. Taking advice could be a good thing, just not from a non singing person. Though she figure that's how the music business flows. Producer gets paid for the music and you sing their song. Roze can do both, bring multitalented always a good thing she guess again. "Still your talented, that must be a plus?" she chuckle. Her right leg no longer hurt anymore. Stretched out, she hadn't seem worried about being looked at differently. Instead of standing yet, she kept sitting talking to Roze. "What house are you in Roze?" she seemed like a Gryffindor to be honest.

"Yeah," she agreed. "I probably just need some good inspiration." Roze realized that she really hadn't been very inspired lately. She had mostly been focusing on school.

Roze laughed.
"Thanks."

Roze glanced at Maddy's leg. It already looked better.

Her thoughts were broken when Maddy spoke.

"Oh, I'm in Gryffindor. You?" She replied to Maddy's question.

A wide grin surface across her face, to big for her own smile when Roze mention she be a Gryffindor. "Well isn't that epic? I'm a lion too!" she exclaimed more exciting than the last breath of air. "Whice reminds me-" she stood up now, rather tall for anyone at her age looking down at Roze. Her courage had build up while they had been talking, except she really didn't know why she felt embarrassed to get up in the first place. She half giant, no amount of her hiding it will do any good for Madlyn. She would have to endur getting teased or being befriended by a person. "Gotta do homework.." she moved away from the broken down door, picking it up she pushed it back in place where it belong, banged it down a couple time. "That should hold it" she turn back to Roze again. "Will you be staying?" she asked Roze.

"Cool!" Roze smiled. She was excited to find another Gryffindor to hang out with in the Common Room.

Maddy stood up and set the door back in place. Roze was shocked at her height. She looked to be about two feet taller than she. She stared with her eyes wide, but adjusted before Maddy turned back around. She didn't want to be rude.

"Oh, uhm, nah I think I'm done here for today." She replied. Then, Roze decided that she had to ask. "Uhm, I hope you don't mind my asking, but... How tall are you?"

"6'9 I think. Well that's what the nurse at the hospital wing said the last time she checked. She said I was 6'9. So that means I grew one inch taller than last year" Maddy shrugged, she seem not to care if Roze were asking something personal. She got used to these awkward situation long way before she enter Hogwarts. What made these students any different than the people out there in the real world? Nothing, except some can be cruel about her being tall. "I'ts nothing compare to my father, he's 8'6. I think that's the average height of most half giants. Not sure though...." she smiled. Her smile sincere and confidence. Madlyn shouldn't have to worry about this, heights doesn't come close to what she's all about. "Do you wanna hang out today?"

"You're half giant?" She asked. "Cool!" Roze really did think it was cool. She hadn't met a half giant before. Just regular witches and wizards. Roze gave a slight laugh. Regular witches and wizards... Never thought I'd be saying that. She thought.

"Sure! I'd love to!" She replied.

"Yes, and I didn't think it was that cool till I met a another half-giant!" Stormy came in mind, so did Apple. "Where do you want to go?" Madlyn asked now that her leg fully heal on its own. Some of her part giant abilities always kicked in the right time. She was told it will happen when she least expected, or whenever a sort of spell was used on her. Some would cancel out hardly effecting her at all. "We can go anywhere except the forest! I'm kinda staying away from the forest" she looked away hiding away the bit of anger she felt when she thought about Narniar. That centuar had made her angry the last time. She didn't want to see her again.
OOCOut of Character:
We can start another RP if you like?

"Okay, cool! Have you been to the garden, yet?" She asked. Roze loved the garden. It was always so beautiful, no matter the time of day or year. Then, curiously, she asked, "What's wrong with the forest?"

OOCOut of Character:
Yeah, we can start one wherever we end up choosing to go. ^_^

"I've never been to the garden to be honest. I've only been near it just never enter it yet. I suppose we can go there" Madlyn smile, finding to be oddly comfortable around Roze. "Maybe we can catch a few pixies? Or perhaps, I dunno what other magical creatures dwell there." Madlyn made a face. She sure she knew which ones lived in garden. She just sort of forgot. "Well its a centuar, very nasty centuar. We got into a bit of back and forth" she admitting to Roze, sort laughing about it now that it didn't seem to anger her. "Ever meet them before?"

"Yeah! It's amazing, or at least I think it is." She smiled. "And you never know what you'll find in there." Roze laughed remembering the several encounters she'd had in the garden.

"Nope, I haven't been lucky enough to meet a centaur, yet." She answered.

"Well she likes to run the one I met. I would tell you not to go there but I'm not afraid of her." Madlyn shrugged pushing out the door from the lavatory room. They exited their away out, Madlyn's leg felt more better now that she walking on it. "I suppose we can go there now? To the garden? If you want to that is..." she said looking down at Roze. Always hard to believe everyone else around her a lot older than Madlyn. She always felt weird about it first. Than she would be perfectly fine with age since everyone seemed perfectly fine with her. Maybe that's just her? Or Madlyn avoiding those who were slytherin. She heard about slytherin, a very nasty house she was told. She did everything she could to avoid them.

"Ah," she said in response. Roze decided she didn't really want to meet a centaur.

"Yeah, let's go!" She said. She smiled and started to skip out of the room, but then realized she was forgetting something. "Oh, my guitar! Duh." She laughed at herself as she made her way back over to where she had set her guitar down. She couldn't believe she'd almost forgotten it.

"Okay, now I'm ready." She laughed and walked out with Maddy, not too worried about the height difference.

OOCOut of Character:
I started a new topic in the garden :) :
http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7345127/1/?x=40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back