Just sitting

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
Kale walked down to the lakefront alone, having the plan to just sit, read and think. So far his stay at Hogwarts has been great, he was doing well on all of his school work, made many friends, got a job and even met a girl that he was really interested in. Sitting under his favorite tree, he looked over the water. There was a slight breeze in the air which gave him the chills on the fall evening... Kale noticed that there really wasn't anyone around the lake right now, which was a strange sight to see. The cold weather was definately the reason..he was enjoying the peace and quiet though..

Sitting alone Kale went through his bookbag looking for his new book he just purchased. Scanning the words on the pages and absorbing the educational information the book held, he waited for someone to come down to the lake.

Ford was walking towards his usual spot on the lake, when he saw his fellow Slytherin, Kale, reading by the lake. He had developed an amount of respect for the boy, more than he usually allotted to other people. He sauntered over to Kale and dropped his usual 'holier than thou' attitude to one of mere arrogance, "Hello there, Kale," he greeted dryly, "How are classes going?"

"Hey Ford" he said while looking up from his book at his room mate "Classes are going good, I suppose..." mentally saving his page, he closed his book "How about yourself? Are classes any better second year?"

"Classes are going well," Ford nodded, "It's interesting as there are many new professors this year. Of course, that really doesn't affect you that much, I suppose," Ford shrugged airily. He looked over the lake, seemingly bored, "So how is Sabriel?" He mouth twisted into Ford's equivalent of a roguish grin.

"Well, thats good to hear, yeah..I've heard a lot about all of the new additions. I hear a lot of Professors withdrew from Hogwarts as well.." he shrugged and looked down at his book for a brief moment, deep in thought. When Ford brought up Sabriel, Kale couldn't help but change his blank face into a smile, looking back up at Ford from his book he reponded, "Things are going really good, she's really great.." Kale nodded, grinning at the single thought of her. Then thought about Ford and Sophia, "How are you and Sophia doing?" he asked with a bit of hesitation in his voice.

Ford nodded, "We doing good. She is not too keen on advertising us to the world; doesn't want to show everyone that she lets her guard down," he shrugged, "But I'm willing to put up with it for her," Ford grinned. Not one his sneer/grins, though, an actual grin, revealing Ford's feelings for Sophia. He had noted Kale's hesitation, and hoped that he hadn't put his fellow Slytherin with his response, but his voice returned to it's usual dryness when Ford continued, "What are you reading?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back