Just relaxing

Kristen Hiwatari

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Kristen lets a small smile play on her lips as she walks around the lake front, the grass under her feet. She takes in a deep breath of cool air and flops down in the sun, with her arms under her head as a pillow. She likes it her, and classes haven't even started yet. This place just makes her feel at home, which is a good thing, for she has never been far from her Papa for this long a time, not even when her mother was around.

She shakes her head slightly not wanting to think about her. She is always saddened when she thinks about her mother, and thus tries not too. To take her mind of sad thoughts Kristen starts to sing a song, letting the the words carry over the lake front.

Hoshi burst up from the still water. She loved to swim but didn't often get to do it seeing as there had not been a pool near her family's home and her father had been to tight fisted with money to put one in. The lake was cold but it felt good on her heated skin. She noticed someone ploped near the water's edge and smiled to herself. She sank back into water with a large splash hoping to get the girl little wet then popped her green head back up. "Hello up there." She said in a cheery bright voice.

Kristen breaks off her singing as she feels water hit her. She turns towards where the water came from and saw a girl in the water smiling at her. she also hears her greeting. Wiping her face with her hand she replies.
"Hello, the water seems to be nice and cool doesn't it?"

Hoshi nodded. "Epecially on a hot still summea day like today. I am Hoshi by the way and you are?" She asked with a bright cartoonie grin. She placed her arms on the bank of the lake though the rest of her body was still under water.

"I'm Kristen, pleases to meet you Hoshi" she says, though she doesn't offer her hand. For she has the feeling that if she does, she'll be swimming in the lake.

Hoshi studied Kristen for a bit noticing that she had not come across her in the Slytherin Commonroom. "What house you in?" She asked her Japanese accent a bit thick but she was sure that Kristen would understand. Hoshi had thought of pulling her in with her but since she didn't get the chance she thought better of it.

She could tell that the girl was from Slytherin, but she seemed nice.
"I'm in Hufflepuff" she says, "Are you Japanese?"

Hoshi nodded. "All the way from Tokyo" She sang a bit off key. "Where your from?" She asked as she splashed a few times with her feet. She wanted to swim some more but she also wanted to make some more new friends. At this rate her sadness of not having her twin brother with her would dwindel down to soft ache.

She laughed when Hoshi sang off key and smiled when she heard where she was from.
"I've always wanted to go to Japan" she says offhandedly, "But as to where I am from...Born and raised in New Zealand....pretty boring I know" she also saw a flicker of sadness pass over her face. She must have left her family behind she thought.
"Do you want me to join you in the lake?" she asked, she always wears her togs underneath her clothing in the summer.

Hoshi shrugged. "If ya wanna. You have sibling? I have a twin brother but he had to say in Japan to attend Tokyo Academy." She said a bit of sadness in her voice but it was quickly over ridden by a smile.

She nodded and pulled off her outer clothing, which she places a little ways up from the water line, and jumped in next to Hoshi with a laugh. The water was cool against her skin and it felt good. She copied Hoshi and folded her arms on to the bank and turned her head to answer her.
"No, no siblings, It's just me and Papa."

Hoshi laughed at the display and even got splashed little bit. She pulled her green hair back with the water the turned back to Kristen. "Almost like me and Haruhi. I live with only my mother at the moment." She said thinking of her dad back in Japan. She douted he missed them that much.

"It must be fun with a sibling" She said with a wishful expression on her face, she had always wanted one, a sibling. But her mother left and that was that.
"What is it like having a mother?" she asked running a hand through her hair and kicking her feet in the water.

Hoshi sighed. "It used to be cool but now all Haruhi can think about is trying to make me a good girl. There are why too many rules in the house and we always end up fighting." She said looking away. Hoshi hated her mom sometimes. It didn't help that Haruhi was a Muggle born witch. "My brother Tohoru on the other hand is so cool and I miss him so much." She said then kicked her feet again.

She smiles and wonders if her mother had stayed, would she be strict.
"My mother is a muggle, so I'm half and half, with my dad being a wizard...He told her that when I was three. though how he kept it from her for so long, I have no idea." She paused to kick her feet some more. "At first everything was good, well from a three year olds mind, but I guess it really wasn't. And she left, disgusted at the both of us...they had to erase her memory...."

Hoshi cringed. "Ouch. My mom and dad are fighting right now and are about to devorce. That's why I am here and Tohoru is in Tokyo." She said shrugging. She didn't know there would be anyone she could share something liek this with

Kristen reached over and gave her a small pat on the shoulder, not really knowing if she would mind or not.
"It's nice to be able to talk to someone isn't it?" she said removing her hand from Hoshis's shoulder. "I guess it is sad, knowing my mother left because of what both me and Papa are, but I never really knew her, but I do remember some things we did, and it makes it better. You should do that too, think about the fun and laughter...not the bad things like the divorce."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back