Just out for a day

Alex Mcpeak

Alex was out and about his uncle was in town so he knew he better be on his best behavior.

Kat was so thankful that this weekend was a Brightstone weekend. Being cooped up in the castle under the constant scrutiny of her roommates, friends, and nurses was just about enough to drive even a sane person completely bonkers. Heading out of the castle on her own Kat headed down to the village. This was the first trip she'd made here in a long time without Sumner, but was hoping to catch up with him later this afternoon for some lunch. Lost in her thoughts completely she wasn't paying much attention to where she was going and ran smack into someone. Looking to see who it was she saw that it was a young boy, probably about ten or eleven years old though she hadn't seen him around school before. Probably coming in with the new batch of firsties she thought to herself as she smiled and said, "I am so sorry. Are you okay?" Didn't matter how old she got the nearly sixteen year old girl still had her extreme klutziness to deal with, but it was something she'd just learned to live with over the years as had anyone close to her.

Alex took a step back. "yeah i'm fine it was my fault sorry" he said.

Kat smiled kindly at the younger boy and said, "No trust me, it's all my fault. I'm not one of those people who was graced with the ability to walk without falling." She laughed at herself, though the sound was still odd to her. Just then an older boy who looked to be about her age walked up and apologized for the younger boy. She smiled at him and replied, "No need to be sorry. I wasn't paying much attention to where I was going to be perfectly honest. No harm no foul." Looking back to the younger boy she asked again, "Are you sure you're okay? No permanent damage or anything?"

Sumner jingled the change in his pockets, whistling a happy tune, waving goodbye to his mum and little brother as they left. They'd come to visit him because Avery had been bugging to see his brother. It was hard on the boy, not seeing him for so long because of his illness that landed him mostly in the hospital during what should have been a long visit with them at home.

Spotting Kat's brunette hair, his smile became less forced, more genuine. That is until he spotted the bloke trying to chat her up. He walked up there way and when he was near enough, called out a cheery greeting. "Kat, my luv," he brushed his lips over her cheek, his hand settling naturally on the small of her back. "Hullo, Sumner Reine," he nodded in a friendly manner toward the two boys.

Kat smiled at the older boy and said, "Hullo Luke, I'm Katalina." She looked to the younger boy and asked, "And your name would be?" Just then Kat heard a familiar voice that was like music to her ears. After all this time it still amazed her that just a simple touch from Sumner could send cold chills down her entire body. "Hey you. Fancy meeting you here. I was walking and ran into him," she said pointing at the younger boy, "And then his cousin came along. Imagine that...me running into someone!"

Luke smiled at the new guy. "Luke Mcpeak and my cousin is Alex Mcpeak so Sumner Ravenclaw i see good house" he said.

Sumner cocked his head to the side, wondering how the bloke would know he was from that house. Then he remembered and tapped two fingers self consiously to the badge that Lily had made for the team. "Ah right. Yeah, Ravenclaw is a good house, good people. Haven't seen you all before, coming to our school soon?"

"Gryffindors are better though," Kat quipped, nudging Sumner playfully with a grin. "Oh my sister is home schooled too. Though Hogwarts is actually pretty great. I don't know if I could handle being cooped up in my house for school," she said truthfully to the boy in front of her.

Luke smiled. "it's better for me" he said and the sun was moving as he took out a pair of sunglasses and put them on. "sorry sun just hurts my eyes" he said to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back