OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Gracie hadn't really visited New Zealand since her sudden move to America when she was a first year. She was planning her move back, but she needed to find a job. Standing on the cobblestone sidewalk, she looked around at all the beautiful shops. It felt like home and it felt good to be home.

It wasn't a particularly busy day and the streets were fairly empty for the middle of the day. Gracie took a deep breath of New Zealand air and closed her eyes, just for a moment. Sounds from the various shops, footsteps on the path, and owls flapping their wings filled her ears and the fresh smell of food filled her nose. Grr..Her stomach let a little growl.

Her eyes opened to look for a place to get a snack or maybe a meal. Gracie's thoughts were interrupted by a loud thumping sound from behind her. She turned on her heels with an inquisitive look on her face.

His old broomstick just wouldn't do it for him in the professional tournament so Asaiah decided to visit Quality Quidditch Supplies to buy himself the latest model on the market, which so happened to be quite a fast one as well. He didn't need a particularly fast broom for his position on the team but thought that, since he would be playing against teams around the world, it'd be better to perhaps buy one which would allow him to move faster from one end of the pitch to the other - all for the sake of reaching those nasty bludgers before the opposite team could. Asaiah smiled widely as he exited the shop with a new and better broomstick and was very eager to return home to ask his sister if she would like a one on one game against him and his new broom. In all the excitement, however, the Beater forgot to watch his step as he walked over the cobblestone sidewalk and the next moment found himself spread-eagled on the hard ground.

On the sidewalk was a man who had seemingly fallen. "Oh no, are you okay?" Gracie asked rushing over to him. She offered a hand to help him up. Noticing a broomstick on the ground, she assumed that he had dropped it. "Is that your broomstick?" Gracie hadn't been on a broomstick since her days at Ilvermorny, she never really played quidditch or other broom sports.

He knew it was pointless to try to act as if nothing had happened the moment a woman rushed over to help him up. ''Really, I am OK,'' Asaiah replied, taking hold of her hand to help himself up again. Red in the face and extremely embarrassed by the fact that he had really managed to tumble to the ground in the middle of the Obsidian Harbour. He nodded when she asked him about the broomstick and picked it up from the ground. ''Yeah, I must have let go of it while falling down,'' he added.

Gracie smiled, it wasn't really a bad fall, but she was worried nonetheless. "I've tripped my fair share of times on the cobbled path." She looked around the streets, not many people lined the streets, and the few that did were seemingly more focused on their destinations. "I don't think anybody else saw." Gracie gave him a wink. "Do you play quidditch or do you just enjoy brooms?" She asked curiously.

He smiled. ''First-time cobble tripper here,'' Asaiah replied. He had had his fair share of tripping as well though never on stone. Asaiah grinned when she winked at him, somewhat relieved to hear that she didn't think anyone else saw him trip on the cobbled path. It was embarrassing enough that she had seen it happen. He glanced at his new broomstick and nodded his head. ''I play,'' the boy told her. ''I'm glad it is still in one piece.'' Asaiah chuckled. He didn't want to imagine what his broomstick would've looked like had he fallen onto it.

Gracie smirked at his comment. She didn't like to stand still, so tripping was in her nature. "That's awesome. What team do you play for?" She asked. "I never played on a team, but I did enjoy flying class and playing with friends." Flying wasn't something she was bad at, but it was not her best skill. Thinking about it, she didn't even own a broom anymore. "I should probably get a broom again. I haven't owned one in quite a few years. It's fun."

''I play for the Moutohora Macaws,'' Asaiah replied. He chuckled softly as she mentioned flying class. He only had fond memories of his flying class. It had been really funny back then to see Marisol on a broomstick. ''You totally should,'' he said happily. ''Especially if you haven't been on one for quite some time.'' It had been quite the liberating feeling the first time on a broomstick after three years.

Gracie smiled. "I'll definitely have to get one then. Thank you for inspiring me to rekindle my flying skills." She wondered if she would fall off right away or if she would get back into it pretty quickly, like riding a bike. "Do you recommend any brooms for casual flying?" Gracie hadn't kept up with the latest brooms but doubted she needed something fancy. Just something to fly around on for fun or to get from place to place.

He grinned when she thanked him. ''That's what I do best,'' Asaiah joked. ''Just casual flying?'' Asaiah asked and then thought about it for a moment. ''There are loads of good brooms for casual flying... I think that you'll do fine with a Nimbus? Of course, there are better models these days but if it's just casual then definitely go for the Nimbus,'' He said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back