Just Keep Climbing

Elt

OOC First Name
Claire!
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Elt looked up at the tall bookshelf and pouted wistfully. Why did they always put the books with the pictures so high up? Well, there was only one thing for it. The part-goblin flexed her arms, clutched onto the first shelf, and hoisted herself up. As easy as climbing a tree!

Flavio walked into the library that day with intent to study, but his attention quickly darted away from that task when he saw Elt attempting to climb one of the tall bookshelves. He walked over to her, awkwardly shuffling the few books he was holding before he asked "Do you need help?" politely. He had not spoken to her since their first meeting in the Ravenclaw common room but hoped that she wouldn't mind that he was talking to her now and offering to help with whatever convinced her to climb the bookshelf.
<i>
</i>

Elt was several shelves up when Flavio's voice made her look down. She paused, peering past her arm and down at the boy. "Nah!" she told him happily, and then continued on her merry way. Unfortunately, she misjudged her next foothold, sending two heavy books toppling down towards Flavio.

Lilyanna was in the library yet again with a large pile of books stacked neatly on her desk. She was trying to get some light reading in to catch up with her classes but two first years out of the corner or her eye were distracting her. One of them was rather small and Lilyanna had never seen anything like it before. The Slytherin tried her best to ignore them as she read but the sound of books falling down had finally had her attention. She jumped up from her table and saw the smaller one almost at the top of the shelf. "What are you doing you stupid midget!?" she yelled, defending the precious fallen books.

"Are you sure?" Flavio asked as he continued to watch his housemate climb the shelves. He was glad he was paying such close attention when a few books fell from the shelf towards him. He managed to side step the falling books while keeping the books he was already holding safe in his arms. The books made a significantly loud thud on the floor however, and when another girl approached to shout at Elt, Flavio wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. He simply ignored the other girl and returned his gaze to Elt who was now nearing the top of the bookshelf.
<i>
</i>

Whoops! Elt smiled sheepishly before reaching for the next shelf, finally popping up at the spine of her desired book. Someone appeared to be yelling at her, but only understanding a handful of her words, Elt brushed it off. She released one hand to edge the heavy volume half way out over the shelf, realising at once she hadn't thought this through. Unable to remember the words for 'catch' or 'look out,' she simply said, "Weee!" and let the book fall down with the others.

Lilyanna was not impressed with the midget's behaviour. She balled her hands up into fists and could feel herself getting angrier and angrier as the pair of them just seemed to ignore her. Why weren't they paying attention to her? She was clearly trying to have the upper hand here but these two first years weren't listening to her. As more and more books began to fall, Lilyanna couldn't help herself and yelled again. "STOP IT!" she shrieked in hope that they would hear her this time.

Flavio dodged the other book that fell from the shelf and continued to look up at Elt inquisitively until a loud shriek caused him to flinch. He nearly dropped the books he was holding from the fright, and frowned as he looked towards the other girl that arrived moments earlier. There was clearly something wrong with her and Flavio wasn't sure if talking would aggravate the situation so he returned to ignoring her, moving his gaze back to Elt because watching her climb was surprisingly fascinating.
<i>
</i>

Elt's mouth opened."Sh!" she told the shouty girl shortly. "This - is - a - librarary!" Shaking her head in disapproval, the part-goblin began her descent back to the floor, hopping off the second shelf to land on one of the sturdy wooden tables. Brushing dust particles from her hands, she looked down upon the heads of Flavio and the girl, admiring the rare view. "Please have my book?" she asked either one of them, crouching and wiggling her fingers towards the floor where it lay.

May have forgotten about this :r

The boy still continued to ignore Lilyanna as she stood there. It startled her however when the girl halfway up the bookshelf spoke, telling her to be quiet. If anything, she should be quiet. The midget was causing quite the commotion with the mess of the books and Lilyanna wanted to pick her up and strangle her. Instead, the second year quickly picked up the book the girl wanted before the boy could and held it protectively against herself. "Not until you can appreciate it." she said defensively, not wanting to give her the book until she apologised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back