just for kicks

"Well, on my own I write fiction. Short stories mostly. I've got ideas for a couple of novels, but I haven't started them yet. But all in all, I enjoy writing just about anything, even homework." It seemed a little crazy for her to be saying this, but it was obviously true by the smile on her face.

"Oh, I loved to read some of it. May I?"

A look of surprise came over Kaela's face as she heard Alex's question. "You, you want to read, my writing?" She was stammering a bit. She never let anyone read her writing, as she is a bit self-conscious.

"Yeah, I would love to. That is, of course, if it is ok with you."

Kaela seemed a bit nervous. "Well...I've never really let anyone read my stuff before. I write for pleasure you know. I...I'll think about it." It seemed that that was all she was going to say about it.

"Oh. it's ok if you'd rather I not to. I understand that somethings are personal and should be kept as such." Alex smiled at Kaele and stopped walking for a second.

Kaela had a slight smile on her face as she stopped along with Alex. "I'm sorry. I just, I'm self-conscious. Maybe someday. So, what do you want to talk about now?"

"Ok, so what would youy like to talk about?"

Kaela giggled a bit. "I just asked you that." She paused for a moment, thinking. "Hey! Could you help me learn to fly? I think I did all right in lessons today, but I'd really like to get better at it." She seemed really excited about this idea.

"oh, sorry, I'm just a little... what was I saying? Umm, oh, about the flying. Well, I talked to the professor and she might open the pitch to students during the week, you know, to practice. So, if she does, I would be honored to help you with your flying."

A bright smile came upon Kaela's face. "Really? Cause I'd love to get better! I think flying seems really fun, if only I were better at it. So, what now? I'm getting kind of hungry."

"Well, what are you in the mood for? Here, let me run up to my room and grab something and then I will meet you at Madam Puddifoot's. Personally I think a nice tea would go great right now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back