just for kicks

Alex Mosier

Wand
17" willow with Dragon heartstring
Alex walked down to the Lakefront, he invited Kaela down here for a walk. He got down to the water and brushed the top of it with his hand, waiting for her, to see if she would show up.

Kaela walked excitedly down to the lake, her long brown hair flowing behind her. Someone had actually invited her to do something! She looked around as she approached and spotted Alex. She got down to where he was with a big smiled upon her face. Setting down her bag, she moved closer to him. "Hi Alex." She seemed a bit shy. Unsure of what else to say, she left it at that.

"Hey there. Glad to see you could make it. So, how has you first week been? Homework in every class, already! I mean, we just bloody got here, but it wasn't that bad. Ha. So, everything good?" Alex smiled and waited for her reply. Her hair was longer then he remembered. "Shall we go?" Alex took the lead and began walking slowly around the lake.

She smiled nervously at Alex. "Oh, yes, let's go." She started walking along the lake with him. "Yeah, I can't believe we had homework already. I was not expecting that. But it wasn't too bad. I've already finished most everything. Other than classes, things haven't been too bad. Just trying to settle in, you know?"

"Tell me about it. So, do you have a room mate yet? Oh, before I forget, what plant did you do for herbology?" Alex was just trying to make conversation, he didn't know if Kaele would want to talk about the Dark Arts or quidditch. One could only hope for such a share in intrests. As this thought crossed Alex's mind he let out a little lagh.

Kaela didn't seem to hear his little laugh, as she was still focused on talking. "Nope, no roommate yet. All of the girls in Ravenclaw are so buddy-buddy with each other. I'm a little afraid of them to be honest." Kaela seemed to be loosening up a little. "Oh, for Herbology I wrote about roses. I'm muggleborn, so I don't know anything about magical plants yet. What did you write about?"

"Oh, I wrote about the mandrake. It was the most intresting I can think of off the top of my head. Whats your favorite topic?" This was the first time Alex was starting to start feeling kind of shy, and that isn't Alex at all.

Kaela had no idea what a mandrake was, but decided not to press the topic, since Alex seemed to have moved on. She considered his question for a moment before answering him. "Well, I like charms so far. I haven't learned too much yet, but from what I've read it seems like an interesting topic. What about you?" Kaela had no idea Alex seemed shy at all, partially because she didn't know him very well, but also because she was a bit nervous herself.

"Oh, with out a doubt mine are Defense Aganist the Dark Arts and Flying. Don't get the wrong idea about my obsssesion with the Dark Arts, I plan to one day become an auror. I know, a high goal, right? Ha. What do you plan on doing in seven years?" Alex reached up and whiped the sweat off his brow.

Now she was quite confused, and it showed on her face. "What's an auror?" Being muggleborn, she had no idea about the different types of magical jobs that existed or what she would do in seven years.

"Oh, sorry, I've just been so focused on it I thought everyone knew. Silly me. Umm, it's the elite, the best of the best in dark wizard hunters." Alex shied away a bit for his slight mistake. "Hey, smile a little."

Kaela listened to his answer and felt a little better. At least she wasn't completely in the dark now. She smiled bashfully at his comment. "So there are dark wizards?"

"Oh, I have a lot to teach you," said Alex with a bit of a smile. "Do you mind if I start now? Ok, remember, for every good wizard you meet, their is another out there who has, let's say, different beliefs. Such as wizard suppiriority and and the whole pure blood wars."

"Of course, I love to learn." Kaela smiled and listened to Alex explain. Her smile started fading a bit and then she spoke. "Pure blood wars?" She seemed a bit worried about this.

"See, there are plenty of wizards who think that magical training should be kept only to those of 'pure blood' or have a family tree of all wizards. Still, over time it has gotten so hard to keep it 'pure' that you just have to have magical parents. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was the largest supporter of this. His army called themselves the Death Eaters and would kill those of none pure blood, and later just muggle-borns. Don't take offense, but they called muggle-borns 'mudbloods'. Harry Potter finally destroyed He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, but there are still many who follow his way of thinking." Alex felt kind of nervous using words like 'mudblood' at all, ecspecally around those of muggle heritage, and to make it worse, he was really getting along with Kaele.

What Alex was telling her disturbed her greatly. But, she was glad to be hearing it, so that she could learn. If she was going to live in the magical world, she needed to know everything she could about it. "So 'mudblood," she whispered the word, afraid to say it, "is a pretty big insult?" She paused for a bit, thinking. "Hey, who is 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named anyway?"

"Well, 'mudblood' is supposed to be one of the biggest insults you can say about somebody, and," When Alex reached this point he couldn't believe he had to explain it, "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is the most famous, most horrible Dark Wizard of all time."

This confused Kaela a little bit. "So, he's a very famous, terrible dark wizard, but he must not be named?" She couldn't understand this at all.

"See it takes a great deal of courage to say his name because he was so horrific. Only a handful of wizard were brave enough, but what do you say we take a little risk and try it out?"

"Well, he's gone, isn't he? What harm can there be in saying his name? What is his name?"

((Be careful, we're not supposed to give spoilers))

(( oh crap, I forgot about that. Sorry. You did finish the book, right? I hope I didn't spoil it for you.))

"Ok, here it goes. Voldemort!"

((Yes, lucky for you I have finished it. But I know not everyone has. You might want to alter those posts a bit.))

"Voldemort." She said it slowly, considering. "I'll have to research him. So," she started, trying to change topics. "So, what else are you interested in besides the Dark Arts?"

"really, thats about it, that and quidditch. Well, enough about me, tell me a little about you."

Kaela had heard of Quidditch, but she still didn't know what it was. But she decided to stop asking Alex so many questions. "Well, I'm muggleborn and I'm from Ireland. I've always been a bit of a bookworm. I also like to write."

"oh, thats cool. Like, what do you write?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back