Just being

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate left the noisy common room and went off to the owlery. It was about the middle of the day. There was no post for her so she sighed, and went up another tower to explore. It was the North Tower, well know for a beautiful scene outside the massive stone window. There was a cushiony window seat by the marvelous stone figures near the window. She took a seat and got out her book to read.

However, instead of reading, Kate just sat there, looking out of the window at the stone courtways below. She could see the sun coming out from a soft, fluffy, white cloud and smiled as it shined upon her.

Her mind was not set on the beautifulness of it all, it was set upon the last few weeks, the most hectic time of her life. Her new jeans kept her warm and cosy as did her red Canada jumper. It was plain red, with the word CANADA across it in a fluffy white. She snuggled into it and thought about her time at HNZ.

Her life was changing, she was growing up into a mature, young, pretty and polite woman from the shy and unconfident person she was before she came, but although the school was absolutely awesome, she still felt a pang of missing home.

Kate riggled position and leaned her delicate head and her mousy brown hair against the window pane. She got out her wand from her jeans pocket and rolled it around in her hand.

Kate was thinking about one person, her cousin James and how tough it must be for him. Both his parents were dead, nothing had particually caused it but 5 years ago, his dad had gone with a terrible disease that they didn't treat in time and 2 days ago, his mum had found the same disease on the bottom of her foot - and also to late for help.

She ran a hand through her hair and sighed.

Theodore huffed as he reached the final stair that lead up to the north tower. Theodore hated that he was so bored that he was actually dumb enough to walk all the way up to the tower.

No one ever really came up here. So Maybe it was a good chance for Theodore to finally be alone without someone bothering him. Usually it was just Alyssa and Henri that constantly bothered him, he usually didn't mind them...but sometimes they got on his last nerves.
Once he reached the top Theodore sighed and looked around.

To his amuesment he saw a young girl by the window.

"Hey you." Theodore muttered as he walked closer to the girl. He didn't know who it was or what house she was in...but he was going to find out.

Kate jumped as she heard someone arrive. She looked and smiled, there was Theodore Snow, standing by the stairs looking at her. "Hi! Nice to meet you again, do you remeber me?" She looked him up and down and then smiled more at him. She was rather shy with him and was very much so scared of him. He wasn't the nicest person, but he would change, she knew that.

"Are you OK?" She asked inquisitably.

Chris gave a heavy sigh. One would think that a ghost would be able to find something to do so that he's not bored. But Chris couldn't find anything to do, so therefore he was bored. And he hated being bored, he hated it when he was alive, and still hated it now. But what to do? He thought as he floated along through the towers. That's where he was at the moment, in the North Tower. Soon he came across two students. "Hello, and how are you two today?"

Theodore scowled when he noticed it was that Hufflepuff Kate girl that had been sitting up here all alone. Theodore couldn't stand Hufflepuffs, or girls they showed him fear. He thought it meant they had no backbones.
Even if the only two girls to ever stand up to him were Isabella and Alyssa. Which were both pureblood Slytherins anyways.

Theodore was about to tell the girl off for talking to him when a ghost had flown down out of no where. So instead of yelling at the girl Theodore turned and glared at the ghost before turning back to Kate.

"Don't scream. It's just a stupid spirit. He won't hurt you." Theodore added moodily.

"Right?" Theodore asked the ghost to prove that the girl wouldn't be harmed by the spirit.

James wandered up the steps of the North Tower just wanting some peace and quiet. He needed it at the moment. It still hadn't sunk in the he was an orphan. Both parents had gone and he was an orphan. He had his aunty, uncle and cousin, Kate. But he was still an orphan.

As she reached the top of the steps he saw Kate, a ghost and a good looking boy. "Hey Kate, you alright?" He asked as he turned to her, "and hi to you to." he added to the ghost. "Hi, i don't think we have met, nice to meet you though, i am James Hill." He smiled kindly at Theo as he held out his hand for him to shake.

"How are you doing with it all Kate? When did you find out?"

Theodore stared at the boys hand for a minute before snorting slightly then turning back to glare at Kate. He couldn't believe why she asked why he was mean to her. It should be obvious to everyone. Guess Hufflepuffs weren't as smart as everyone thought,

"Why? It should be the most obvious thing in the world." Theodore spat roughly at Kate.

"I'm a Slytherin. Your a Hufflepuff. I'm a pureblood and your Not!" Theodore started with the most obvious answers. "And you have absolute no backbone. Stand up for yourself." Theodore stated boldly. Theodore then turned to the boy and shook his hand quickly before releasing it and wiping his hand on his robes.

"I'm Theodore Snow. And don't you forget it." Theodore muttered darkly.

Kirsty had been wandering the corridors when she got to the tower.She walked up the stairs and seen Theo,James and Kate. "Hey,Mind if i join you?" She asked with a smile.

Kate smiled as James joined them, his company with Theo would be better so she looked at him kindly and answered, "I am fine thanks, How are you doing? I found out yesterday, my parents sent me an owl. I am so sorry i haven't been able to meet up with you sooner." She gave him a quick hug and then turned back to Theo who was having a go at James. "Hey, leave him alone. So what if you are a pureblood, i would rather be a half blood, which i am than be a pureblood like you. You are pure evil." She simply stated to him and then, "And you think that i don't have backbone for saying that to you." She looked at him and then realised just what she had said. She blushed heavily and asked, "If you are going to make me feel worse than I already am, please leave." She winked at James and then smiled warmly at the other Slytherin that approached them all. "Hi Kirsty, How are you?" She politely asked in her normal tone again.

"Im great, how about you?"Kirsty asked with a smile.

Kate smiled warmly at Kirsty, "I am glad to hear it. Well i am as good as i can be." She glanced quickly at James and Theo and then replied in a wisper to Kirsty so that only she could hear, "I will tell you later. Without these two about. Theo would make funa dn it is kind of about James. I don't want to upset him even further." She added quickly.

James glared back at Theodore and listened to his lecture to Kate. Instantly he drew out his wand and held it pointing at Theodore. "Don't you EVER speak to her like that again." He stated crossly. When Theodore turned to shake his hand he did the same and wiped it on his jeans.

This was the first time he had let out his anger, temper and upset since the news. He protectively moved himself inbetween Theodore and Kate and glared at him all the time that Kate and Kirsty were exchanging greetings.

"Hi Kirsty. Nice to meet you again." He placed out his hand and did not wipe it away at the end of the greeting. "I think you need to learn some manners towards women Theodore." He said meaningly towards Theodore.

Through out all of this he kept his wand by his side in his hand ready if necessary.

"Ok." Kirsty whispered back then smiled at James and said."Hey." She shook his hand then watched as him and Theo argued.Kirsty bit her lip and looked at Kate.

Theodore laughed when the Hufflepuff began to threaten him. What made it worse is the Hufflepuff's actually thought they intimidated him. It was a complete riot. Theodore snorted and pushed James' wand away from him lightly.

"I can do whatever I please. And I don't have to go listening to some Hufflepuff sissy and her little boyfriend." Theodore spat hatefully. Theodore wasn't going to insult Kirsty because she was a Slytherin...which wasn't as bad as being Hufflepuff. Plus Kirsty was being smart and keeping her mouth shut.

"So shut up." Theodore hissed to James.

Kate sighed as James drew out his wand and pushed it down to his pocket as she spoke to Theo, "Leave him alone will you, he is got enough on his hands without you ruining it."

She then returned a pleading look in Kirsty's direction at controling the boys. "James please." She begged.

"James just leave it."Kirsty said with a smile and looked at Theo and gave him a 'What has happened?' look.

Kate suddenly felt a little bit protective over James as Kirsty told him to stop it. But it was Theo as well she felt like screaming out. The urgent rush to talk to James, her cousin came around.

She wondered why suddenly everyone had joined her in the North Tower as it wasn't normally the most busy place. The company is nice though. Well, maybe not Theo. Theo was arragent, rude, self centered and a pure-blood freak. Kate tried to wipe these mean words about Theo out, but it was rather difficult.

James was about to retaliate to Theodore when he caught eye contact with Kate's pleading eyes and stopped himself. Kate pushed down his wand and he sighed, then went over to the window seat where Kate had recently been sitting. "Nice view." He simply said to no one in particular.

"THEODORE!!" Alyssa shouted as she angrily stomped up the stairs. Alyssa had been looking for him for hours so he could help her with DADA homework. If she remembered correctly he even promised he would help her.

When Alyssa reached the top of the stairs she fluffed her hair quickly to make sure it hadn't fallen out of place before she walked over to her cousin and hit him in the shoulder lightly.

"Where hace you been? You promised you were going ot help me!" Alyssa muttered. When Alyssa noticed Kate, Kirsty, and some boy she hadn't met before she stopped yelling at her cousin.

"Hi Kate. Hi Kirsty! Hi.....boy I don't know." Alyss muttered boredly and started to tug on Theo's sleeve.

"Come on. Let's go!" Alyssa whispered.

"Hey Alyssa."Kirsty said smiling.

James smiled warmly as another one joined them, "Hi girl i don't know." He replied and carried on talking to Kate but he couldn't take his eyes off the new girl who joined them. She was very pretty.

Theodore turned and growled at Alyssa. She was embarrassing him and making him look like she was the boss of him.

"Fine. Just stop yelling." Theodore was about to walk away with Alyssa when he saw that James boy staring at Alyssa.

"What are you looking at?" Theodore snarled at James.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back