Just being

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate slowly wandered down the kitchen steps from the basement. She had spent the whole day just being in every place possible and she needed to just be in the kitchen. Her mind was going at 5million miles per hour and she needed to sit with a break in the kitchen for just a while.

People wouldn't mind, many people went down there and the house elfs were lovely. She took a seat on a nice, comfy armchair by the warm fire that cooked the food. This was where people could come and the elfs could sit down for a little bit. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed gracefully.

Just being was her favourite thing to do. Kate gazed into the dying embers of the kitchen flame and thought about how nice a hot mug of steaming coca would be to her. "Accio hot mug of steaming coca" She commanded quietly.

The warmest hot mug of steaming coca flew into her cold, tired hands at that moment. She smiled and sighed as she drunk it slowly. Today had been great, it was just what she needed after a hectic time.

Another thing that she desperatly needed was a good night of rest and sleep. Kate sighed and looked into her mug where the chocolate gracefully swam around and she took another sip of heaven.

(Suppose I should join, seeing as we need one :p )

Patricia had been up in her dorm room all day revising for the upcoming exams. Her head was starting to get fried and she didn't want to over do the revising. So she got up and left the common room and started walking.

Jumping off the last step she landed in the Entrance Hall. She didn't know where to go, The Lake, the garden. Choices, choices, choices. Closing her eyes she pointed out her right index finger and turned round. After a few 360sub]O[/sub] turns, she opened her eyes and saw that her finger was pointing to the basement. Deciding that she was feeling a bit hungry she happily made her way down.

As she got closer she got a smell of hot chocolate, Mmm, that's sounds perfect right now. She thought to herself. Turning her head around the kitchen door she saw someone sitting on one of the armchairs in the corner. She was easily recognised. It was Kate, one of her best friends. Smiling sweetly she said, "Hey Kate. Where have you been all day?" Patricia knew the castle was big and everything but she hadn't seen much of Kate all day.

Patricia smiled as she entered the kitchen. "Yes I'm starved." She said as she made her way to where the food was. She got a plate and placed a few slices of bread, chicken and lettuce on it. As she went to the work top she looked at Kate and said, "I've been revising up in the room most of the day. So did you meet anyone new and interesting?" She continued to make her sandwich.

Kate smiled at Pat and answered, "Well, I met Theodore Snow, 1st year Slytherin. You know the one who was with Henri, Alyssa and us at the Three Broomsticks. And i met a ghost, but i have forgotten his name and i met James, who looks a state of nothing, well after we found out the news, i am not surprised, he is coping very well." She smiled again and sighed then back into the comfy arms of the chair.

Kate smiled at Pat and answered, "Well, I met Theodore Snow, 1st year Slytherin. You know the one who was with Henri, Alyssa and us at the Three Broomsticks. And i met a ghost, but i have forgotten his name and i met James, who looks a state of nothing, well after we found out the news, i am not surprised, he is coping very well." She smiled again and sighed then back into the comfy arms of the chair.

Patricia finished making her sandwich and made herself a cup of hot chocolate and listened to what Kate got up to throughout the day. Once she had finished she made her way over to the couch and sat down beside Kate, "Well...yeah I know Theodore. I've had my own encounters with him." Patricia said, under her breath. "Well there's definately an endless amount of ghosts in this school." She said with a laugh, "I've met a few myself."

"What news? What's wrong with James." Patricia asked concerned. She hadn't heard anything, at least she didn't think she did.

Kate smiled, Pat was so nice and concerned about everyone that Kate was happy telling her, "Well, please don't tell anyone but James is now an orphan. The other day, we recieved information that his dad had passed away. His mum died when he was four and so it has been pretty tough on him. My parents have adopted him as it says in the will but it is still tough on him. He now spends most of his time in the Forbidden Forest so it was a shock to see him in the North Tower."

She took a breather and ran her hand through her hair again.

Patricia nodded her head, letting Kate know she wouldn't tell anyone what she was about to say. Patricia looked at Kate as she started to explain about James. As Patricia listened she couldn't believe what she was hearing. She felt tears starting well up in her eyes. She couldn't even begin to imagine how James was feeling.

"Oh my." Was all Patricia could really muster. "And has he not gone home yet? How is he able to cope?" She said, confused as to why he hadn't gone home, to get away from everything.

Kate was glad that Pat understood about James and his troubles. "Well, the house belongs to him now and my parents have sorted it out so that they will own it until he wishes to have it back and in 2 weeks, we will be goi8ng for the funeral. My dad has taken care of that for James and James asked to stay here for the time being." It was very confusing but James had wanted to stay and didn't want all of the attention so that was good for everyone.

Patricia nodded her head indicating that she understood Kate. "I suppose that would be better for him, not having to worry about any arrangements. It was nice of your parents to do that for him." She said with a smile. "This week couldn't be easy for him." She said absentmindedly.

"Oh I'm good. A bit freaked about exams, but who isn't." She said jokingly. "How are you feeling about them?"

Patricia nodded in agreement, "Yeah, it feels like all I have been doing recently is revising, it's frying my head."

"So all year, what has been you favorite lesson?" She asked, not able to think of a better topic.

Kate smiled at Pat and replied, "Well, i liked DADA, Transfiguration, Potions and Charms. I hated Flying and i thought that HoM and Astonomy was rubbish. I know you like them but i thought they were rubbish compared with how my parents taught me the HoM." Kate said all in one breath and when she had finished she took a deep breath in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back