Just a English Work

Sandokan Bruke

OOCOut of Character:
Hey Guys as part of reading Stephen King's On Writing, my class for english has been given the challegne of writing a story where the women is the dranged killer and the husband is the pry. Now I don't really enjoy writing things for English but this one I found actually fun because Caysi let me use her character Caysi :)Enjoy!

Not knowing what would happen Sandokan Bruke fell in love with Caysi Finnigan. They married less than a year after they met at the old coffee shop in town. Things were tough and people stared at them. She was only twenty-one and he was thirty-six and capable of a mid-life crisis any day. It never came not for many years, luckily.
His life had never been simple not even from the get-go. Grace, his mother, was the “other women” in an affair and he was what was produced. After a life of growing up and finding out that his father was alive, he was tired of being forgotten. At sixteen he went to New Zealand where his father and the family of his lived. Sandokan wanted to know more about the man who helped give him life, however the man wanted nothing to do with him. Sandokan ended up meeting his half-sister and became good friends with her. They corresponding for the next year and at seven-teen plus a half years of age Sandokan graduated from school. A proud moment for any parent except Grace died not long after and his father wanted nothing to do with him. His half-sister had eloped with a man who didn’t care and ran out on her. Leaving her pregnant and alone, but Sandokan was ready to help. Though he did end up helping it wasn’t in the way he thought it would be. She had a daughter and died in childbirth. Sandokan knew that their father would give the baby to an orphanage and took the child as his own and raised it.
Eight-teen years later he is finally getting the life he should have been given. He has a beautiful wife, her looks similar to Hilary Duff but emerald eyes that twinkle in the sun. Of course things were great for him. As a real estate agent he had an odd job, over the phone he sold houses that he never saw but promised the buyers that they were great houses and he did this in the office across from his wife’s as it was her business.
For Sandokan at that moment in time things could be better but he was happy with life. Then he looked up. There was his wife, her office’s door wide open, blinds up, making out with the mailroom employee. Of course being the guy he was, the shock that would’ve taken others a few minutes to process took milliseconds before he got up and stormed into the office. Demanding what in the world was going on Sandokan stood, his eyes in a deadlock stare with his wife.
“Sandokan!” Caysi exclaimed, shocked to see him standing there. Her clothes were still on but her button down shirt was mostly undone and crooked. Sandokan gave the two a look over once more before walking out and gathering things he would need from his office before driving away. Far away, he figured. Though the only place he could get to before the gas rain out was the home he shared with his two timing wife.
“Hello I would like to file for divorce,” he said into the phone as he sat on the chair he always did. The TV was playing old re-runs of I Love Lucy. He talked to the Lawyer for a few more minutes before gathering himself and walking to his room. He slept soundly that night, Caysi never came home.
After taking months to resolve the case it was closed and Sandokan was once again a free man. Caysi admitted to cheating on multiple accounts, even on their wedding night with one of the waiters. He was happy knowing that he had the chance to experience marriage and would rather just have his niece to raise and be done. Of course Caysi wasn’t happy about the situation, more so she was infuriated.
While Sandokan lived in a mutual happiness with life she was always there just around the corner watching. Following. Being there made her happy but she wanted him to suffer. He never let her explain, of course everyone else knew there wasn’t much to explain except she had dissociative identity disorder which a doctor diagnosed her with following the case. Her mother took care of her at home and let her outside occasionally when Caysi was herself.
Today was such a day for Caysi and as usual she could be spotted following Sandokan. Sandokan himself had planned to go see a movie as he does now on the weekends which are free without having a wife or child to fill his time with. Sandokan isn’t in the mood for the latest feel good movie or even the newest action movie. Instead he stands in line ready to buy a ticket for Toy Story Three. He knew the story of the other two and even enjoyed watching those years ago with his niece. Now he was standing in line as a lonely thirty-six year old excited to see another story about a few toys from the past.
“One ticket for Toy Story,” he said approaching the ticket counter. The teenage girl looked up at him and rolled her eyes. Of course he was strange going to see a movie where there was going to be little children all around and the parents bored out of their mind not understanding the point of such a Disney Story. Unless one of their kids has already left they are just there for the dirty jokes Disney puts in for the parents. Sandokan is there for the story of friendship and love, and he sees all the toys his awful job he first had when he inherited his niece by choice got her.
Where’s Caysi you ask? She’s just a few rows behind him and manages to sneak out before the movie ends so she wouldn’t be noticed. She follows him home and silently laughs ready for revenge. Standing in front of the house they shared she looks down at the gate before pushing it aside. Caysi knows his routine and knows it hasn’t changed much. Sandokan is in the kitchen cooking something for dinner, and so that leaves the garage entrance open. Sneaking in she holds a gun in hand and walks up to their old bedroom where he still sleeps and drops to her knees and looks under the bed. Laying down she wiggles herself under clutching the gun to her body. From downstairs the phones rings and Sandokan answers. Her heart beats faster as she hears the voice she fell in love with and quickly becomes under the same spell once again, but she is still mad.
“Yes. I understand. She never came home? Well why did you let her out alone in the first place? No, no, I understand. Yes, you thought she was alright. Well I haven’t seen her around today but I did go to the movies earlier. She did? You don’t think. I’m going to have to call you back.”
Sandokan turned around and looked at the kitchen. His heart beat was racing and he didn’t know what to do. Picking up the phone he dialed the number for the local police, a number he memorize the day after he found out Caysi was allowed to return to her mother who lived on the other side of the small town. They came soon after and checked the house; Sandokan was still standing in the kitchen when they brought her down. She was screaming her head off. The gun had been taken from her and was in the hand of an officer following the two that dragged her down the stairs.
Never looking at things the same way again Sandokan got up and moved to New Zealand and lived among his father’s family who after the recent passing of him accepted him into the family with open arms.

Haha Thanks I have to turn in tomorrow (if we have school) and I'm really nervous about it cause I know my teachers don't like my writting but maybe stories will be different I know my teacher last year I wrote part of a story in my english writer's notebook and she wanted to knwo what happened next and wrote me a note saying so while grading it lol

Thanks Nishma! I had fun writing it and when I got to class I realized most people used the character names that were given so I felt special using different names :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back