Joy in the written word

Lizeth Sarkozi-Gereben

OOC First Name
Micah
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Lizeth Sarkozi-Gereben, arms laden with books shuffled her way through the library, weaving between both students and shelves searching for an empty table to read at. She had gotten up early that morning to grab the books she most wanted to read before other students got in before her. Her blonde curls messy and hastily pulled into a ponytail as she hadn't bothered to brush her hair that morning. She had scoffed down a quick breakfast of toast in the Great Hall before almost running up the stairs to the library. She was very excited to start reading up on the history of the magic, so she had grabbed a copy of the History of Magic to flick through. She wanted to prepare for another conversation with her friend Ozias, he knew a lot more that her and she wanted to at least have something to put into the conversation that he might not know. Though she was sure it was going to be difficult. She also grabbed a few books on herbology and potion making, two subjects that she was very interested in but didn't know much about.

Finding an empty table she dropped the books to the table with a slight thud and nosily scrapped a chair out. Blushing scarlet she dropped into it and flicked open the copy of the History of Magic. Tilting her head down and nestling her head into her hand which she propped on the table by her elbow and began reading. Enjoying the silence of the library and the gentle rustling of pages being turned Lizeth found herself being sucked into the book and the world around her dissolved.

Ozias Fowler, headed from the Ravenclaw tower to the great hall wiping sleep from his eyes, winding his way down the moving stairs to the ground floor. Grabbing an apple he walked over to the Hufflepuff table to sit next to Lizeth. After looking around for the short blonde and not seeing her, he sat down at the table turned to the first year next to him taking another bite from his apple and asked "Hey do you know where Lizeth is? She's short, blonde, and extremely quiet." Ozias was shocked when the redhead he asked told him that she'd seen Lizeth heading back upstairs arms overflowing with books. "So she's either heading back to her common room or going to the library, because I don't think she's got any classes this early." He mused walking up to the fourth floor to check the library, if she wasn't there he'd just head back to his own common room to study.

Walking through the aisles of shelves looking for the short Hufflepuff, he pondered what it'll be like working here among the stacks off books. Just as he was about to give up and preparing himself to walk all the way back up to the Ravenclaw tower, he finally spotted her hunched over a book sitting all on her lonesome. "By yourself again, huh? What are you studying this fine morning?" He asked sitting down opposite her flicking open his transfiguration book and pulling out an essay he had to write.

Lizeth was fully absorbed in her reading, the world around her was insignificant, so she didn't even notice when Ozias took a seat opposite her. It wasn't until he spoke to her that she realised that he was there. Jumping out of her seat she put her hand to her heart which had picked up the pace from the shock. Taking several deep breaths she attempted to calm down. She grinned at Ozias, she was glad to see him but she was frustrated that she didn't get far enough into the book to learn something new to wow Ozias with. That was one of the reasons that she had gotten up this early to head to the library. Holding up the book she was reading she showed him the cover of it so he could see what she was reading.

Lizeth glanced around the Library, luckily it wasn't crowded so she quickly scooted her seat up to the head of the table so she was closer to Ozias so that they didn't have to lean over the table to be able to hear each other. She was beginning to trust Ozias and was feeling more comfortable around him. She felt she was going to be able to talk to him, leaning close to him she took a deep breath, "Hi," she whispered to him with a deep exhale, she was thrilled to finally be able to talk to him. She could easily use the fact that they were at the library as a cover to why she was whispering. Feeling calmer now that she had spoken her first word to him she showed him the page she was on, "I'm reading about the Mayan's," she whispered, "I wanted to learn something that you didn't know about." she said with a quiet giggle. She hoped that Ozias hadn't learnt about the Mayan's yet, but knowing him, he probably already knew about them. "What are you doing here?" she asked him quietly, checking around the area hoping that no one was close enough to overhear her talking.

Ozias saw that his friend was reading through The History of magic, a class he didn't have this semester but was looking forward to. He nearly fell out of his chair when she greeted him "You spoke, oh sweet. You spoke to me." the young Ravenclaw exclaimed. Letting the knowledge of this magnificent feat settle over him, he almost missed the next part of the blondes speech. "Something I don't know? I'm sure you know lots I don't know. I haven't even started a history of magic. Unfortunately though I do know a little about the Mayan's for example; the Maya civilization began about 2000 BCE and lasted roughly 3000 years." Ozias said still getting over the shock of her first spoken words to him.

"Me I'm here because my friend wasn't at breakfast when I went down, and I've got an essay to procrastinate." He laughed pointing his quill at the roll of parchment in front of him. Looking down at his first attempt he scrunched up the ink blotted parchment with scratching's of the same ink covering it. Looking around to make sure no one was watching he through it at Lizeth's head bouncing it off her blonde curls, poking his tongue out while it happened.

After a couple of minutes of trying to write he gave up and through all of his supplies minus the book into his bag, gave out a loud sigh and looked straight at his friend.

Lizeth grinned giggled behind her hand, aware that they were in a library and therefore couldn't make much noise. "Yeah, I spoke so what? " she answered feigning a look of amused innocence, trying, she knew in vain, to make it seem like no big deal. She knew it was, it was a big deal for her too, he was the first person at Hogwarts and the first person outside her immediate family and her one friend that she had ever spoke more than a single whispered word to. It was certainly a huge deal. Listening to Ozias talk about the Mayan's she sighed dramatically and closed the book with a snap. "Of course." she exclaimed quietly throwing her hands up in the air in an overly dramatic fashion. It was just her luck that she had picked something that he knew about despite him not having a class in it. She had tried so hard to find something slightly obscure and something in a class he didn't have to get around the fact that he seemed to know everything, 'almost...' she thought an evil grin spreading on her face. "What about the Salem Witch Trials? Do you know anything about them?" she asked convinced that she had got him.

The blonde blushed red at the fact that Ozias considered her to be his friend. Though her smile slipped to a frown, "Ozias! You need to write your essay!" she whispered sternly. She understood the idea of procrastination, though it had never bothered her before, but knowing that Ozias was an intelligent person she didn't want to see him fail simply because he was using her as a distraction. Her thought process was broken by a scrunched up ball of parchment hitting her in the head. Jumping slightly at the shocked she poked her tongue out back at him and pulled a fresh piece of parchment and a quill and put it in front of him. "Get to it smarty pants" she said pointing at the supplies she had just given him. She tried to look stern but she knew the corners of her mouth was betraying her by turning up at the corners. She couldn't be stern with him. As someone walked by her table Lizeth blushed red and buried her nose in the book about herbology and got back to reading up on the types of magical plants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back