Joseph's and Nataliia's Wedding

Nataliia Snow

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
White Pine 14 1/4" Core of Veela Hair
Okay, how this is going to work is simple, we are all going to do this wedding in one thread (located in a church in the wizarding world, if there are any out there). The following events are: Bride and Bridesmaids getting ready(Include only Rosaline, Nataliia, Nicolette, and Thorine), Family men getting ready(plus a discovery! :shock: ), the arrival of the guests, then actual wedding, and finally, the reception full of food and dancing! Yes, this thread will take a while to get through it all but well, it will be worth it in the end.
Event One: Bride and Bridesmaids getting ready

This was it, the big day! Nataliia was sitting in front of the mirror, her slender body encased in her gorgeous wedding dress. She had not put on the gloves yet, and she was messing with her lip gloss. A neutral color and she had light blush around her cheeks, adding to the glow she already had around her. Nataliia had her best friend Nicolette and her - almost - sister with her as well. Nataliia loved them both so much, and who would have thought that all three of them were pure-blood? The theme of her wedding was silver and purple, and the bridesmaid dresses were also silver and very beautiful as well. Nataliia could not have chosen such a splendid combination thanks to Nicolette.

She turned to face them, almost panic driven and exclaimed, "I have no idea what to do with my hair! I hate it whenever it is put up, but what will Joseph think if I have it down!" She started to put on her gloves when she paused and put them back on the dresser. What was the point of putting on gloves when you still had to fix your hair?

Rosaline felt more then nervous for Nataliia's and Joseph's wedding, not for herself, but for Joseph and Nataliia. Soon there would be a lime green line running around his name on the family tree, and more then likely he would be dead after that. She knew that Nataliia wasn't unintelligent, but she also knew that deeply in love and ignorant, and that she had probably not told Asparuh of Joseph's blood when inviting him to the wedding. To distract herself, however, she busied herself with the silly tasks that her sister would ask of her.

Rosaline's dress, was charmed to hide the weight she had not yet lost from having the twins, and was pleased that charms was one of her favorite classes back at school otherwise she probably would not have. Her normally curled, auburn hair was straightened and let down gently around her shoulders, her make up almost nude, but making her already piercing blue eyes even more so.

Almost relieved that Chavdar had Zinaida with her and she had Vladimir, instead of having both, Rosaline turned towards Nataliia as she asked both herself and Nicolette what to do with her hair. She glanced over to Nicolette for a moment before answering in a soothing, experienced voice, "Nataliia, Joseph is about to be your husband, do you really think that your hair, whether it is up or down will bother him? Because I am certain he believes you to be beautiful both ways." Pleased with her answer, she smiled towards the younger girl, her earlier thoughts hiding from her eyes as much as she could allow them to, as she felt no need to air them on the day of Nataliia's wedding, she understood how she felt.

Nicolette adored weddings, even more so when it was between two people whom she could tell were going to have a happy life together. Within the short amount of time that Nicolette had know Nataliia they had become best friends and were nearly inseperable, she had even met Nataliia's sister who was just as gorgeous and easy to get along with as her sister. It was going to be a fabulous day and Nicolette was so excited to be apart of it. Glancing in the mirror once more to check her Hair and turned to smile at Nataliia soft when she asked about her hair.

"Rosaline is right, but if you'd like I could help you with your hair." Nicolette thought Nataliia already looked so beautiful the way she was, but she was willing to help her best friend get ready any way that she could.

Nataliia rolled her light stormy eyes playfully as she replied to Rosaline, "I guess after he has seen my hair in the best and worst, I think wearing it down would suffice. After all, I do think I look the best wearing it down. Those hair pins and things irritate my scalp." Nataliia wondered how the men were doing with getting ready. Her father being one of them as well as her three brothers that were old enough to even attend the wedding. Azerail was in school, and she promised to send him pictures, as well as for her many nephews and nieces. Her life was complete. She had a family, had a child inside her, and the word that bound her father in place.

How could anything go wrong? Plus, Arnost was deeply affected by that baby would help in the long run, and Kalif didn't want any trouble. Nataliia thought things through, but what she did not count on was Asparuh bringing a copy of the enchanted family tree with him. Nataliia beamed at Nicolette, "Oh, would you? I kind of want a silver flower pin in my hair." Nataliia held it up for Nicolette to see.

Nicolette nodded and walked over to Nataliia so she could fix her hair. While she began to comb and do up Nataliia's hair, softly and lightly Nicolette hummed to herself to help her concentrate, this way going to be one of the best days of her life and it wsn't even her own wedding. "I hope your ready for this, it's going to be a huge change in your life." Nicolette neatly finished up the hairstyle and gently placed the silver pin neatly in place and gave her bestfriend a strong hug from behind quickly before letting go and running her hands softly over the bridesmaids dress quickly, it was so pretty that Nicolette almost wished she'd never have to take it off and could wear it forever.

"What you and Joseph have is something special, don't give it up for anything.....and if you go somewhere awesome for your honeymoon be sure to bring me back a gift." Nicolette decided that she couldn't stay in that solemn mood of hers and had to do something to cheer up the mood. This was a wedding, and Nicolette prayed that things would go well for Nataliia and her husband, it woul dbe awful if something ruined their big day.

Nataliia allowed her body to relax as someone did her hair. She rarely allowed anyone to even touch a strand of her blonde hair. Her slender hands touched Nicolette's arms when she hugged her, and Nataliia turned to face them. Her pink lips curled upward warmly, and her stormy eyes twinkled with happiness. Nataliia laughed, "I promised myself I wouldn't cry to destroy my make-up." She rolled her eyes, and managed to control her happy tears before they would fall. The last thing she wanted was her light make-up to run down her cheeks.

Nataliia murmured, "I wouldn't give it up for the world. He is my true love, and I am lucky enough to have flooed in when I first met him." She slipped on her gloves and laughed behind her hand. "Oh! The honeymoon! I completely forgot where we were going! But I am sure a lovely cruise to the Caribbean Sea would be just charming! And don't worry, I will be sure to bring you something nice. Both of you." Her eyes landed on Rosaline, and she smiled warmly. Standing up carefully with her heals on and her dress flowing, she held up the bottom part, "How do I look? Wait." Using a silent and wandless accio!, she summoned her veil and placed it carefully upon her head. She did not wish to hide her face. "Now, how does it look?"

Nicolette clapped her hands together happily. Words could not even begin to express how excited she was to be a part of something so wonderful. Nataliia seemed so sure about her and Joseph and it make Nicolette's swell everytime she even thought about it. She was almost tempted to ask Nataliia what it felt like to be in love, but decided against it and instead looked over her best friend.

"I'd say you look hot enough to marry." Nicolette teased, attempting to soothe her friend whom was probably extremely nervous. And the last thing she wanted was for anyone here to get cold feet.

As Nicolette did Nataliia's hair she felt slightly awkward and uncomfortable. Rosaline had never been the girly kind so this kind of stuff really did not interest her. Rarely did she dress up, or did something other then her normal hair and make up, in fact she was certain that the last time she had done anything extra was over a year ago. It wasn't like she really needed much more anyway. This was why she played with her son, while listening slightly to the conversation. "Oh how lovely," Rosaline said, when Nataliia said where she and Joseph were going for their honeymoon. "Well thank you Nataliia," she said, trying her hardest to return an equally warm smile as given, but it was not really returned properly because of her natural dark personality and the fact that this was a wedding of a pureblood witch to a muggle, the memories of Vaschel's death were swarming her and she felt pain for Nataliia.

"You look just beautiful," Rosaline said, a smile pressing onto her lips, meaning it in a sisterly fashion because that was what she considered Nataliia; a sister.

After apparating to the house with Arnost, Thorine was sent upstairs to join the other women. If it weren't for this pregnancy she wouldn't be here at all and found herself wishing for only the first time ever that this baby within her didn't exist. Weddings were not her thing and pretending to be happy for the sake of people she did not know or care about was beneath even her and yet she was here because Arnost had asked her. It was as if the baby within her had cast a spell on them both, for still they behaved as if they were enamoured of one another. Thorine hoped that when the baby was finally born that she and he would return to normal before they became a laughing stock among the DE. Even her families portraits were snickering and gloating about how emotional they were.

She had Nastasia her cousin, who was now Nanny to Christian and who also happened to be one of the finest dressmakers Thorine had ever come across, to make her a dress that would conceal her bump somewhat. Though at over 6 months pregnant it had taken a few more charms on the dress to conceal the bump for sure. There would be nobody patting her stomach at this event, not if she could help it. The dress she wore was completely unlike anything she had worn before but Nastasia had said it was ideal for a wedding. Once she had removed the travelling robe and handed it to the nearest house elf, Thorine was left in the
purple striped dress and matching shoes. Her body was more tanned than usual, having spent more time of late out doors and enjoying it. Her blonde hair had been slicked back and tied at the back in a very tight chignon. Tapping gently on the door she did not wait to be told to enter but simply walked in anyway. The vision of the bride before her was lovely and knowing it was all down to her hormones, Thorine still was unable to repress the gasp of delight that escaped her. Inwardly cursing the child within her for turning her into a simpering simpleton, Thorine merely smiled at the woman who she had been told was called Nataliia.

"You look absolutely enchanting"

Nicolette was surprised to see a woman she had never seen before walk in, it seemed that lately she was meeting people left and right. "Hello there!" Nicolette greeted with a small grin before she went back to admiring Nataliia's dress, it pretty much seemed like everything was into place...for the woman at least. And Nicolette would be lying if she denied that she was excited to see this thing get started.

"She's right! You look beautiful....I can't wait to see you get married!" Nicolette beamed happily, a a light hue of pink rose to cheeks when she realized she was lightly acting like a child when it came to his whole wedding process.

Nataliia beamed with pride as Rosaline and Nicolette complimented her, but her smile faded when she saw this glowing woman walk in. Nataliia stared at her for a moment, before really looking into the green eyes. Nataliia finally greeted, "You must be Miss Dolohov, am I right? I am so sure I am! I have heard great tales of your family, from Arnost of course. It's an honor." Though Nataliia wasn't a Death Eater, she somewhat thought of them as honorable warriors out in the world. Even though the groom would have been a target, making the half-blood baby growing inside her.

Though no one knew she was holding such a life force. It was lovely, to be a mother. Nataliia bowed a little bit, allowing some of her blonde hair to fall down her shoulders. Though Nataliia merely smirked in her mind, her light stormy eyes had a devious twinkle to them. If it weren't for that child in Thorine's stomach, then her plan would not have worked out so well. Arnost had changed, and it was obvious to Nataliia. And Arnost was the key to make sure that Asparuh did not do anything rash to ruin her perfect day, her perfect life.

(I think Event Two should begin now. Just between Chavdar, Kalif, Prodan, Arnost, and Asparuh. It will be prewritten, so it won't show up for a while.)

Thorine merely nodded her head indicating that yes she was indeed who the woman had surmised her to be. It was only natural that she would know of course. A slight smirk that actually melded into a very becoming smile transformed her features unbeknownst to Thorine of course.
"I am sure Arnost has done my family justice but no more than they deserve or as his deserve like wise. It is a privilege for me to be here and I thank you for the ... extended invitation"
she had felt almost childlike and girlish as Arnost has asked her to the event. It was not something that either of them were used to doing and yet... Thorine felt the all too familiar kick that rendered her slender frame into nothing more than knots of joy. It was almost as if the child within her had Thorines abilities and knew every moment that the mother thought about the father. She looked upon the young woman now and could only smile. She would never marry herself, it was not her destiny and she knew this just as surely as she knew that the baby within her was a girl. Yet, the woman before her looked beautiful and almost as if she personified everything good. Thorine wished she could look like this for even a moment, but her interpretation of good differed greatly from the main stream version and she seriously didn't think she would ever look like the angel that the woman before her resembled.

[won't post any more until given the thumbs up ;) ]

((This is a small RP that I’ve pre-written for the Rogers family, no one else should RP being here, thanks))

Joseph stood in front of the full length mirror fiddling with his bowtie, he was useless with these things on the best of days but today it had to be perfect. Sitting down in the chair he observed himself. He was 22 year old man, about to be married to the love of his live, soon to be a father, he couldn’t believe his luck. He had never imagined, in his wildest dreams, that he would be so lucky to find the perfect girl, get married to her and have a child with her, nothing could bring him down of the high he was currently on.

Well apart from the fact that half of the guests at the wedding would kill him and his family if they ever found out he was a muggle and was fathering Nataliia’s child, who was not a Pureblood. Joseph couldn’t understand what the big problem with ‘blood’ but trusted Nataliia enough to know it was a bad thing.

Anne stood outside the room where the rest of her family were. It was an emotional day for her, being the mother of the groom she was allowed to shed a tear or two. Whipping away the last remaining tear she checked her make up and fixed her outfit, it was soon time and knowing her boys they were nowhere near ready.

Opening the door she saw her family all at different parts of the room all doing different things. Walking over to her youngest son she saw that his bowtie was still not done up. “Joseph! Come on this is your wedding day and your still not ready. And I thought woman were slow at getting ready.” she said with a small laugh, slapping her son on the shoulder lightly, signalling for him to stand up. “Gerard would you fix this, I’m a buddle of nerves.” she said rubbing her hands together, trying to stop them from shaking, Why did I ever give up smoking? she thought to herself.

Gerard sat on one of the chairs fixing his cufflinks. Hearing his wife he stood up and laughed, “Anne, it’s not like it your wedding day.” he said as he moved over to where his youngest son stood. Fixing the bowtie he smiled at his son, he was so happy for him and proud to be his best man, something he was quite shocked about But not as shocked as his friends back home will be when they find out Gerard thought to himself.

“Here son, don’t be nervous, OK? There’s nothing to worry about, today is going to be perfect and in no time at all you and Nataliia will be married.” he said quietly to his son. Even though he wasn’t showing it, Gerard knew Joseph was nervous, what type of groom would he be if he wasn’t nervous on his wedding day, minutes before the wedding? A rare one, that’s what.

“Mum will you forever sit down before you wear a hole into the ground.” Christopher laughed as he stood up and saw his mother walking from one side of the room to the next. Grabbing his mother by her shoulders he led her to his seat and sat her down. Walking over to where his father and younger brother were standing Christopher checked himself in the full length mirror as well, he may only be best man today but he also had a date and wanted to impress.

Christopher felt lucky that Isolde had in fact agreed to attend his brother’s wedding with him, after all it would be a tad awkward, her being his sister’s Professor and all; something said sister had not let him forget all day after her accompany from the school dropped her off. It had been a few years now since he was standing in his brothers shoes, not literally of course, but it didn’t seem all that long ago when he was the groom and Joseph was the best man, But today wasn’t about him, it was about his brother, so he was going to support him as best he could. “Yeah, listen to dad, it’s a breeze believe me.” he said with a small laugh.

Joseph stood up again at his mother’s request, not in the mood to retaliate to her bossyness today. As he let his father fix his bowtie he listened to the words he had to give, he was glad he was there, not only as his father, but his best man, Joseph may not have been the closest to his father, but he was glad that today the past wasn’t affecting anything and they were a family, he was even able to put up with Patricia. “Thanks guys, I appreciate it.” he said with a beaming smile to his two best men. “You OK there mum?” Joseph said leaning past Christopher to see his mother.

“Well forgive me for being a bit emotional on my child’s wedding day!” Anne exclaimed back to her eldest son and husband. As she sat she heard the men whispering at the other end of the room. But Anne was too busy in her own thoughts to even bother trying to listen to what they were saying. She was too busy thinking back to her own wedding day, it certainly was not like this, she didn’t have half the things Joseph and Nataliia had, but she wouldn’t have changed it for anything. “Wha-?” she said, coming out of her daze when she heard someone address her. “Oh I’m fine, just thinking. Don’t mind me.” She said with a kind smile to the three men all looking very handsome in their tuxedos. “Very nice.” she said standing up.

Patricia sat quietly in the corner of the room staying away from the rest of her family. She had managed to sneak on of her books in with her so she could get a few minutes of studying in before the wedding. But it was useless, the book lay open on her lap but nothing was sinking in. She was too lost in her thoughts of the day, it was hard for the 14 year old to imagine her brother married. It had been the same a few years ago when it was Christopher’s wedding day.

But apart from the fact that Joseph was getting married, some of the guests, still, made her feel a bit awkward. Sure it would have been OK if it was just one Professor, coming to accompany her, but to have three there, all as legit guests was overkill. Professor Styx and Headmistress Rambolt, she did not care about as much; granted Professor Styx was still weird, but having Professor Glasson there as her other brothers date, was just wrong, she still hadn’t forgiven Christopher for it.

Shaking the thoughts out of her head she stood up and straightened out her dress. She loved her new dress it was so pretty but she would have loved to have gotten out of school a day or two before hand to go shopping with Nataliia and her mother but was very happy with their choice. “Is it nearly time?” she asked in her bubbly manner, determined not to ruin her brothers day with her own worries. Even though Joseph and Patricia never always saw eye to eye they had become closer with the wedding, corresponding almost everyday really helped and Patricia was glad that they were actually getting along, it may not always have showed but she did love her brother.

“Oh so it lives.” Joseph said with a laugh at the sound of his sister’s voice. “Almost.” he said checking his watch. It was almost time, he was about to be married. It was the happiest day of his live and he was surrounded by the people he loved most in the world and that even included Patricia, he was surprised how well they were getting along recently and he wasn’t about to question that anytime soon, it was nice.

“Before we go out there guys I just want to say thank you for being here today, it means the world to me that you’re all here despite the ‘complications’ and everything.” He said, he knew it couldn’t be easy for them to be surrounded by all these people, who they didn’t know and that could very easily kill them at any moment.

As Anne listened to Joseph talk she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes again, taking out the already wet tissue, she whipped her eyes again, “Stop that nonsense will you? We’re your family, of course we’ll be here for you, for better or worse, in sickness and in health.” she said playfully quoting some of the very words Joseph would be saying in a matter of minutes.

“Exactly!” Christopher exclaimed after his mother had her say. Slapping his brother on his back he said, “Now no more talking our we’ll have to get a bucket for mum here.” He joking pointing his thumb at his mother, who was just as emotional as she was the day of his own wedding, but he knew it was best to poke fun at her instead of being annoyed at her, she was allowed to be a bit emotional today, God only knows what she’ll be like at Tish’s Christopher thought to himself with a small shudder.

“Alright, OK, enough of this.” Gerard said calming walking over to his wife. Putting his arm around her he observed his family, he was a proud man today but it was up to him to not show too much emotion. “Now Anne, settle yourself, this is Joseph’s day and we’re here for him. Got it?” he said, directing the last bit at his youngest son, he wanted him to know that they were indeed there for him, no matter what. “Right, well we all look great. Lets just sit here, relax and wait until it’s time.”
((OK done))

So, I couldn't prewrite it, but this is where the other half of the men are. :wink: I'll give the heads up when this is finished for the guests to start posting
Prodan tightened the tie around his next, and adjusted his muggle tux. His brown locks were neatly combed for his baby sister. His stormy eyes were twinkling with happiness. He had invited Cecily, the one that he had grown quite fond of over time. He turned to face his family which were Arnost, Asparuh, Kalif, Chavdar and Zinaida happily in his arms. Though it was odd for Prodan. He was wearing muggle attire, and the rest were either wearing fancy dress robes or just plain black robes. "Cheer up, fellows, it is Nataliia's wedding day! Am I the only one not dressed like...one of you guys?" Prodan raised an eyebrow and laughed. Prodan was the nicest of the Zhefarovich family of men. And of course, they all knew it.

Chavdar plastered a fake smile on his face, but he couldn't help but be nervous about this whole ordeal. Luckily, little Zinaida who was playing with her little purple dress as if it were the best thing in the word, gurgling as she did so, kept Chavdar calmer than he normally had been. This was the first time the boys were gathered all at once before the Patriarch and his twin brother in a long time. There was much tension in the room, but Chavdar assumed it was because of him and Asparuh not ever getting along. Chavdar sighed at Prodan's statement, "She is the first one to be wed and completely happy. And why on earth did you decide to go for the muggle wear? They really lack style." Chavdar rolled his eyes as his last sentence was mocking Nataliia gently. He meant no harm by it. "Father, you shouldn't have brought the family tree, you know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back