Joke gone too far

Colton Kovac

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
Willow 15" Essence of Belladonna
After the second date with Gabrielle Snow, Colton had to admit that he was completely interested in the blonde woman. Colton had a lovely date with her, and that had been at least a month ago. What they did was a slight repeat of their first date, only sober and lasted a lot longer and not to mention ruining a few furniture pieces. Colton helped replace the broken furniture since he felt a little guilty. Colton was now at work, working behind his desk. He did not have another appointment for two hours and he used this time as a break and to study up on his medicines. His fingers lightly touched the pages of his books, turning the pages as he leaned against the chair he was sitting in his office. Soft music filled his office thanks to his enchanted wind chimes that assisted with feeling the silent void. Colton breathed in and he continued to study but thoughts of that beautiful blonde danced into his mind. How was she able to make him think of her so soon? He smiled lightly, as they were not technically together, but if things kept on like this, Colton may be asking her to go steady with him after another date. Colton would just have to wait however, because he was a patient man indeed.

Gabrielle walked amongst the halls of St. Mungos with the prettiest and happiest smile on her face. She had just be informed by the owner of this place she she had gotten a job as Healer here. Her dream had finally managed to be accomplished, and all the training that Colton had given her ended up working out to their advantage. And now she was going to go and tell him that she had gotten the job and then thank him like a million times over for helping her out with all of this. Just the thought of Colton always brought a smile to Gabrielle's face and although she loved it, in a way she hated it too. They ended up having a second date about a month ago and it was once again amazing but something awkward also happened there as well as they ended up going to her house where things happened. One thing led to another and before she knew what was going on they ended up making love to one another again, multiple times and destroying some of her furniture in the process. It was almost funny how they were worried about such a thing ruining stuff after their first date, but during the second date they were both completely sober and they had allowed it to happen multiple times. It was confusing but during those hours she could help but want to swoon at how sweet they were. But her mother had always told her that it wasn't a smart idea to have feelings for someone, to want to be with someone. That if she kept following her heart it would get broken by the very emotion that she was seeking for to exist. Still it wasn't like she could help how she felt or who she felt it for, she liked Colton and that made her act a little silly at times but she didn't really care all that much. Her dream of becoming a Healer was complete so she sort of felt like she owned the world right now. She just hoped it lasted because heartbreak sounded nasty and she didn't think she was the type of person to be able to handle a lot of it. She smiled at a few people as she passed by and stopped in front of Colton's office. A gentle sigh escaped her lips as she ran her fingers across the door and prepared to knock. The door was cracked and everything but she didn't want to be rude.

"Hey Colton..are you busy? I need to talk to you about something." She asked softly, her French accent coating her words carefully. She peeked her head and let her sky blue eyes lock onto male and felt her heart begin to beat faster and those butterflies flutter around. She entered his office and let it stay cracked open. She would have closed it but the news wasn't bad or anything plus it probably looked suggestive but she didn't know if he wanted it propped open either. Her beautiful pale face locked onto his frame as she tried to resist the urge to hug him for all that he had done, she hoped he was just as happy as she was about it. Gabrielle already had an idea on how to tell him that she had gotten the job, and it was going to be done with nothing more than a little joke.

Colton glanced up to see the one girl that he was thinking about. He put his book to the side, and he motioned for her to have a seat. He wondered what she had to talk to him about. His stomach felt rather uncanny happening in his stomach, and realized what they were, and they were those awful butterflies and all. They had been there during the entire time she was around him. Colton smiled charmingly at her and he questioned, “I am on a break, so what do you need, Gabrielle?” Colton had yet to shorten her name to a pet name of the sort, which was rather easy with her name. Gabby, Elle, Brie, and that was all Colton could think of. Colton did not know that his name could be shortened as well, but he did not mind his name. It was unique in this area, and he loved it. Colton clasped his hands together over his desk and waited for Gabrielle to come in and speak to him, something that he loved to do and that was talk to her. He had yet to realize that she was a Healer here.

Gabrielle walked further into the room and sighed softly before she leaned against the wall and let her eyes lock onto Colton as she tried to figure exactly how she wanted to word her news. Perhaps just easing into it would be the best especially because she wanted to mess around a little and draw it out. "Well for starters....to ask how you've been lately and to apologize for not stopping by sooner. My family chooses the worst time to have a crisis." Gabrielle muttered softly before she rolled her eyes and brushed a stand of her hair away from her face. Her hair was in a low side-swept pony but she left a few strands of wavy bangs hanging out to leave a prettier affect on her face. She didn't know why but for some reason she felt like she needed to be pretty for Colton or something, make him find her to be beautiful. It was those affections she was feeling for him that made her want to look nice and actually give him something to look at, she felt so stupid. Shifting she tried not to give away that she was going to be joking about the next words that she said to Colton. For some reason she was finding herself very nervous to tell him that she had gotten a job here as a healer so she would try to pass off something else to make help her ease the situation off. Gabrielle had really never had anyone proud of her before so she wasn't sure what it was like to be appreciated and congratulated for doing something right especially when it involved things she wanted to do. Other than dance she wasn't good at much.

"I need um..well...I think a pregnancy test." Gabrielle didn't really need one and she knew she didn't. She was more likely to get struck by lightening then she was to get pregnant so it was very impossible that she really was going to have Colton's baby, but she hoped that once she revealed that she was joking that it would help her just spit out that she had gotten the job. Though she had to admit that having Colton's baby didn't seem like the end of the world, he was handsome, and seemed like he would make a good father. But it just wasn't so and a part of Gabrielle was thankful, it did make her a little sad sometimes not being able to have kids but she had learned how to adapt. The beautiful blonde bit her lips as her eyes focused on Colton like a hawk would it's prey.

Colton raised an eyebrow when Gabrielle spoke about having some sort of crisis. Was everyone okay? But when she rolled her eyes, he knew that it was nothing that dangerous or something - enough to not come in here. He would have seen them by now. Colton wondered if she would sit down or not. Colton sighed and he smiled, "Well, better late than no time at all to drop by." He always liked seeing Gabrielle. They had a good relationship going right now. They have done other things of course, and Colton did not know why he had, but he was not regretting it now. Colton listened to what she thought that she needed, and her eyes seemed to lack any sense of humor. Though it then hit him, so hard it was like being punched in the chest, and Colton proceeded to be in shock, falling out of his chair backward with a loud thud while exclaimed, "What?!" Considering that she did not sleep around with many men, the child would of course be his. Colton was completely not ready to be a dad. He slowly raised up and he leaned against the desk. Cold sweat dotted his brow, and he murmured, his voice lacing with shock because Colton was not a jokester at all, "Gabrielle, you are pregnant? Please tell me that you are mistaken or something..." Though it was still a little weird. Why wasn't she yelling at him and all? Well, she was not hating him, so that was a good sign... But if she was pregnant, what were they going to do? Colton so did not want to be a dad right now, and he could just hope that he was dreaming of what he heard.

Gabrielle gasped and stepped forward a few steps when she saw Colton fall out of his chair backwards with a loud thud. He must not have been able to pick up on the fact that she was kidding. And by the way he was reacting she could tell that having a baby was not something Colton seemed to want, like ever. 'I guess it's a good thing that I cannot get pregnant then.' Gabrielle thought to herself as she carefully tried to calm down Colton just a little bit. He was not thrilled and she was started to feel bad that she had tried to pull a joke on him at all. Reaching forward she grabbed his arm as an attempt to calm him down and get his attention on her. Her sky blue eyes locked onto his handsome face as she bit her lip and thought of her words carefully. "Colton I was kidding! I'm not really pregnant. In fact I'm almost ninety percent sure that I can't even get pregnant to begin with." She told him softly, which was the complete honest truth. It was a sad fact of life that she was pretty much unable to have children but there were plenty of positives to it. Well there was a chance that she could but it was very slim so it was pretty much unlikely for her to have kids. It used to bother her a lot but most men didn't want children these days so she was probably doing them a favor. She just hoped it was enough to calm Colton down because he did not look happy at all and she felt so bad for even thinking it was okay to trick him. Babies was definitely not anything she should joke about. Gabrielle's hand released Colton's arm and went up to brush some of her hair away before she let her hands fall to her sides.

"I'm sorry, that was probably really mean. The real news I wanted to tell you was that the boss here loves me and hired me to work as a Healer here. So your training really paid off." Gabrielle announced happily as she then gave him a shy but pretty smile. She hoped this would cheer him up somewhat from her really cruel joke. She was tempted to give him a hug but figured he wasn't too happy with her. If he wanted she would even leave and go back to her her own office and everything but she figured he would just want to hear the news.

Colton was simply caught off guard with the news. Well, he was just not wanting to be a dad not now, at least. Colton sighed softly and then Gabrielle dropped the bomb. A nervous smile crept along his lips, and he shook his head. He uttered, "Oh.. Well, um, I am not used to jokes... Nor am I really wanting a kid until I am married or in love at least. You caught me off guard... But wow, you know how to play jokes on people." He was just getting used to just having someone around him like Gabrielle. And she was still around him, and not like Kalina. It made him happy actually. Maybe they could actually go on a third date really soon. He gently reached for her hand and cradled it as she told him the news. He smiled broadly at her, as if the incident never happened. Colton did not need any stress on him right now anyway. And he had some news for Gabrielle too. He was no longer training to be a medicine maker and all, he had reached that level in being in Saint Mungo's. He was on his way to being a master healer one day, maybe in the next thirty years or so. That was his goal in the end, but that would not have studying all the time. He would have to somehow fill his time with something else other than just reading.

But overall, Colton was happy that the boss adored Gabrielle, not that he was surprised and now she was a healer. And she worked with him! Colton spoke, "I am so proud of you! Wow, Gabrielle, we work in the same place! I knew that you would make it this far." Colton decided to give her a small hug of congratulations. He may not be used to hugs, but he was gentle and all. Colton wondered what section of healing she worked in, and he inquired, "So, what field are you specialized in?" Colton took a step from her and allowed his hands to hand loosely at his sides. Despite the joke, Colton's day was brightened by the sun about tenfold.

Gabrielle raised an eyebrow when Colton told her that he was not used to jokes and that he wasn't wanting a kid until he was either married or in love with someone first. He sure had some strange morals for a guy that didn't really socialize with a lot of people often. He must be someone who actually planned to fall in love and get married someday, Gabrielle wasn't really sure what she planned to do for the future. "This is actually the first joke I've played on anyone and I feel really bad. But don't worry there is definitely no baby, I promise." She winked at him and couldn't resisted the urge to smile when he reached for her hand and cradled it She really liked small and cute gestures like this because it reminded her that he cared for her somewhat. Like the nights where they spent it together and everything. It was like something out of a romance novel and she loved it that way, even if she knew falling in love was a fools wish. "I can leave now if you want me to." She offered when he released her hand. Her sky blue eyes glanced at the door softly and since it was closed behind her she couldn't see if people were passing by the office currently or not. Her gaze returned back to Colton as she took in his handsome face, trying to read him. She didn't know if he wanted her to go or not but if he did she would easily leave. Gabrielle wasn't one to linger if she wasn't and she was afraid that she might have upset Colton or he didn't really anything else to talk about and needed her to go before he got back to work. She had the day off so she could go home and sleep some if she needed. Though Gabrielle wanted to stop into town for some lunch too.

"Well besides general I'm also a Medicine Maker and Spell Damage Healer. The last one is a tricky one though, but thanks! Now we can see each other all the time.....thats a good thing right?" Gabrielle returned the hug lightly and once she pulled away she let her eyes fall down to Colton's hands that had fallen to his side. She missed his hug because it made her feel safe and warm even if it was for nothing more than a minute or two. She sort of wished she could tell him that but she knew better than that, having feelings for another person wasn't good. But she was happy and sort of giddy that he was proud of her, thats really all she wanted to do here besides recognize her dream. Impress the person who had helped her and start to take over her heart.

Colton had a planned future, but he did not expect the most really. He just wanted to be here to help people, be a healer and continue on to do his job and his calling. Colton wondered what he would be doing many months from now, and if he would be doing the same thing. Hopefully he would have some sort of social life by then and not have the past bite him in the arse like it could to people that were generally good for the most part. Colton nodded at the conclusion that there was definitely no child. Colton said, "Glad for that, because neither of us need a baby right now, unless you want it that is." Colton shrugged lightly, as he was just assuming that she was like him, not ready for a child and something that would be around for the next, seventeen odd years. Colton shook his head when she said that she could leave if he wanted her to. That was something that he would have asked if it was opposite's day or something, which would mean that she had to stay here. He did not want her to leave unless she wanted to. The door was closed, so that no one could really disturb him anyway. He did not have to go to work for another hour, because he was on a long break, or maybe he just had thirty minutes left, he could not remember for the life of him.

Colton sat down in his seat, and he wondered what being a Spell Damage healer was like. He said, "Well, that last one does sound tricky. I am just a midwife and a potion and medicine maker. But I am glad that we can at least work together and see each other more often." That was something that Colton really wanted. He was scared that he would get too close to someone and end up hurt again, but he also had a feeling that it would not happen to him if Gabrielle was the one that managed to get him to fall in love with her. He already liked her, but he still needed a third date before he would decide on a relationship. That was just his preference. "Gabrielle, really, have a seat somewhere, anywhere. It does not matter, but I think you would be a little more comfortable if you did, so we can talk more comfortable." Colton blushed lightly, but that was a good sign because well, he was really starting to like her. Perhaps, when Ariah said that he should be looking for someone - or something along the lines - maybe he was ignoring something, or someone, that was right under his nose the entire time. Maybe I need to stop ignoring the obvious and just...open my eyes a little more.

Gabrielle never tried to think a lot into the future. But now that she had a job and was finding herself feeling romantic feelings over another person her mind began to drift off to what her future might bring. Gabrielle couldn't really see herself being married or with kids anytime soon so she knew that it wasn't what she wanted right now in her lifetime. With a soft shake of her head she remained smiling softly. "I definitely don't want a baby anytime soon." She still didn't have the heart to tell him that she probably never going to have any since Colton seemed like the type of guy that would someday want a baby. Perhaps if they started to date or became even closer then they currently are, which would be a little hard because they've been pretty close the past couple of months. But she wasn't sure she wanted someone knowing her deepest secrets like that, some of them were pretty deep and only someone she knew cared for her and wouldn't destroy her from the inside out would be trusted with her secrets. Gabrielle wanted to be with Colton and everything but a part of her hated the way he made her feel, those butterflies were a nuisance but no matter what she did she couldn't ignore them. She had tried to ignore Colton too but no matter what they couldn't stay away from one another too long. Every time she had thoughts of just walking away and not stopping by to see him she absently found herself in front of his office or headed towards him. Colton had shook his head at her which meant that he didn't want her to leave, she felt that nervousness leave and she let her fingers graze over her soft wavy locks before her hands went to her sides and felt the urge to hug him again, he was too sweet sometimes. Her sky blue eyes gazed at Colton softly as she sat down back into his seat again, she hoped that fall he had earlier didn't hurt him.

"Well it mainly just involves patients who screw up on spells or were being idiots in a duel so it can be a little tricky. Wait..your an actual potion and medicine maker now? Does that mean you advanced? But yeah I'm happy I get to see you more, your like one of the best friends I've kind of ever had." She grinned a little, her eyes and face lighting up immediately. She was happy that he had ranked up and she was also relieved that she had finally said something, semi close to what she felt for him. To be honest she thought friendship was a little weak for them. They had slept together many times, kissed, cuddled, stuff that couples would too. Or did friends do such things as well? When Colton told her to sit down anywhere Gabrielle got a sly idea and advanced over to him. Without another word she plopped right down onto his lap. Since she was fairly teeny she figured and hoped that she wouldn't squish him. "Sorry, but you said anywhere and I have to admit that your lap is really comfortable Colton." She admitted as she breathed out softly and glanced at him with a small smile. If he wanted her to get off all he would have to do is say so and she would get up in a heartbeat. The atmosphere in the room already started to get a little bit less on the tense side and more into that area that Gabrielle and Colton were probably used to, well...maybe.

Colton was glad that she did not want a baby anytime soon. That meant, maybe in the future, he could maybe be the father of a baby if they were to fall in love, and get married. Colton would love to be a husband one day, but he was not in any hurry to become something like that. Colton nodded and he inwardly agreed that he did not want one either. Not anytime soon that is. He clasped his hands together as he stared at Gabrielle with a soft and gentle look to his dark eyes. His brunette locks were brushed away from his face so that he would not be interrupted for looking at her. He could not resist it. Colton smiled once more and he felt some sort of minor nuisance of pain in his back but it was nothing. He could ignore that easily, and that he did. He did not know that she had tried to ignore him, but they were always running into each other and always talking when they did see each other. It was something that he thought that friends did but friends did not do what they often did, and he did not know that right now. Colton did not know if it was wrong or not, but he figured that if it felt wrong, he would not do it anyway. He had feelings like that, and for that one could say that he was in tuned with his morals.

“Oh I get it, not something you would see me doing then, huh.” He smiled at her and he chuckled as he could imagine some idiots going into that ward with tails or something. He could never work there, because he would probably call someone an idiot and move on. That word was used a lot for him, especially in school with his half-brother Adrian. “I advanced, yeah. It was too recent, so I guess I do get to see you more…” he paused and he blushed when she said that he was one of the best friends that she had ever had. He murmured, “You are my best friend right now, because I rarely talk to anyone else.” Colton was glad to actually say this out loud. It made his heart thump abnormally, but he did not mind it. Last time he had a best girl friend, she ended up becoming what Gabrielle was not. But then she came and sat on his lap, and he did not mind that. He liked the closeness. Luckily the office door was closed. He put his hand on the nape of her back so that he could support her. “Well, I guess I did,” Colton said, “and I have no problem with it.” His eyes twinkled while looking at her. Out of pure instinct, he gave her a small kiss on the lips, as he murmured, “I am still so proud of your accomplishments, Gabrielle.”

Gabrielle at first actually saw Colton as being able to handle every type of medical field there was in the Wizarding world. He was such a caring and dedicated person that to her it seemed possible for him to be good at anything. She was envious of his obvious skill level in being a Healer and at the same time she was very proud too. "If you say so. I imagine you to be good at anything you do though, I could easily imagine you running this entire place someday actually." She answered honestly with a faint shrug of her thin shoulders. He was young but already more skilled then she remembered many her age being when she met the others Healers. Then again he was nearly two years older then she was. Perhaps one day Colton would like to meet an old family friend of the Snows, Nicolette was fairly well known at St. Mungos and she was very skilled. She had studied in just about every field possible and it one day she was lucky perhaps Nicolette would be willing to teach both her and Colton something or too, that is if he knew of her. Gabrielle's blue eyes locked onto Colton as she became excited over his news of advancing up and becoming an actual Potion and Medicine Maker. It seemed like a trick field because you needed to know a lot about Potions and the stuff that went into them. Maybe one day she would study into it. Right now she was more than happy just being a Healer in whatever she was needed in. Gabrielle cracked another grin, her sparkly white teeth showing at last. She wasn't one to smile like this all the time so it showed that she was really happy. "Congrats Colton, you really earned the promotion. Now I also have something else to totally pester you to teach me more about. Your going to really get tired of seeing my face around." Gabrielle joked as she leaned down to kiss his smooth cheek softly. She hoped Colton wouldn't get tired of seeing her around but she did intend on stopping by to at least say hello once a day or ask if he wanted to eat lunch with her. She really considered him as a friend so she wanted him to be comfortable around her. It bothered her that she wanted him around. She wanted him to like her, and couldn't stop smiling. If only someone was here to smack her and tell her to knock herself out of it. It was just a boy. A boy that was ridiculously handsome, sweet, gentle, friend, caring, and not mention romantic. Yes Gabrielle was hooked but she needed to hide it from him.

"That makes me really happy, I've never had a friend before. And, it means I don't have to share you with anyone else." It probably sounded like she was joking. But Gabrielle really was serious because this did make her really happy and she didn't want any other girl to have feelings for Colton either. They have made love various times, kissed, hugged, and just hung out and that made Gabrielle feel even more attached than a friend would consider herself to be. A part of Gabrielle wanted him for her own and if another girl came into the picture she knew she'd be devastated. To her surprised and delight, Colton kissed her and his hands were rested on her back which gave her goosebumps. It was small but she enjoyed it and smiled softly once he pulled away and told her that he was proud of her. She turned her body ever so slightly so she was facing him more. Her fingers came up gently and rested on his cheek. Even though she knew it was inappropriate to do these things in a Hospital she honestly didn't care much anymore. Any chance she got with Colton she sprung at it. Without another work to him her arms slipped around his neck as she leaned forward and pressed her lips against his passionately.

"Even though I was once a leader in school, I do not think I cam capable of running this entire place," Colton spoke with complete honesty. He did not think that he could ever run this place. He was far too young to boot. He was just entering his twenties and had a long time to go before he became a Master Healer. For now, he would be satisfied with assisting those in births, and he would be happy to make potions and all for those that have been harmed or something. Colton would love to lead this place, since it would be like a calling to him, but he just did not think that he was capable of doing that. He was a little blunt, shy, quiet, and not exactly leader material. But he had it in him because he was once Head Boy as well. He could lead if he wanted to, but he was not one to really want to be the leader. Nor did he like to follow either. He went out on his own ways, after all. Colton smiled when she said that he earned the promotion, which he thought that he did as well after two years of reading and training. He said, "Thanks, I suppose. I just hope that I am not in over my head, you know? But I doubt I will ever get tired of seeing you around." She was something to marvel, and he would not mind seeing her all the time. He liked her, there was no doubt about that now. He could not hide it at all. There was that soft look in his eyes, and there was that smile on his face when someone, anyone, mentioned her name.

Colton laughed, and he said, "Wow, and amazingly I like that idea of not being shared." Colton did not mind it, and does that meant hat he would never have to share her too? That was something that he really liked, but he still did not know how to make her really...his just yet. He was still sticking to what he had planned and he would continue on with what they were doing now. Which was not much different from being a couple anyway, but he did not know that actually because he never had a girlfriend. He just had a back-stabbing best friend back in his time, and then look how that turned out. Colton was attached and he hoped that it would never backfire on him, but what is life when you do not take any risks? The way she touched his cheek was enough to lure him into a more passionate kiss. His other hand that was not resting on her back to help her stay on his lap tangled in the blonde mass of hair. Colton had never done this out in public before, but Gabrielle was a treat. The chemistry was easily taking over and all Colton could think was that this was a break that he never expected, but would remember for a lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back