Kadi
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Oak Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
(Open after Kris posts with Sawyer)

Felix had wanted to be independent and make his own friends, and so far he was doing an ok job. But when he arrived at the Great Hall the morning of the first day of classes there was something in him that suddenly needed something familiar. He spotted Sawyer at the Ravenclaw table and scurried over to his brother. He kept his head down and hugged the terrarium that held his pet frog to his chest. He wasn't sure what the rules where when it came to keeping pets with you during lessons but he needed Clive's support today. With a heavy sigh Felix sat down across from his brother and set Clive on the table. "Is it normal to feel....uh wiggly?" he asked and held a hand to his stomach. Usually he could always eat something but right now that sounded like a bad idea. But that didn't stop him from pilling his plate with food and started to pick at it slowly, hoping he would snap about of it soon. @Sawyer Carnahan

Sawyer hadn't really been expecting Felix to end up in Ravenclaw but it was still a little disappointing when he didn't. It was a little selfish, but he was also quietly glad Felix hadn't ended up in Slytherin with Theia either. At least they were all spread out now. And Hufflepuff house was a lot shorter a walk than Slytherin.

Sawyer glanced up from contemplating his cereal when Felix sat across from him, feeling his half-awake brain trying to process the scene as Felix dumped his frog and its entire aquarium thing onto the table. "Wiggly?" He said slowly, letting out a huff of amusement. "You sure you're not eating frog food for breakfast too?" He asked, squinting at Clive as he took another bite of cereal. "Nerves are normal though," he added, quickly swallowing so he wouldn't spit milk everywhere. "Who've got first? Maybe I can tell you if they're frog-friendly or not."

Felix sighed when Sawyer didn't seem to understand what he was talking about. "You know when your stomach feels....ya know." he started to explain but trailed off and ended waved his hands around to get his point across. "Wiggly." he said again but wasn't sure if he helped at all. "Haha." he said sarcastically when his brother asked if he had eaten Clive's food. But Felix sighed and nodded stiffly when Sawyer said nerves were normal, at least he wasn't the only one who was freaking out, and managed to nibble on a piece of toast. "Uhhh, first is History of Magic with..." he began after digging out his class schedule from his pocket. "What kind of name is Crabapple?" Felix asked and scrunched his nose.

Sawyer nodded a few times while Felix tried to explain what he could only guess were just first day nerves. "It's fine, probably just ate some spiders or something last night while you were sleeping. I hear the Hufflepuff dorms are full of them," Sawyer said dryly, unable to resist the urge to check where Theia was in case she overheard him teasing Felix.

Sawyer scrunched up his face when Felix mentioned his first professor, not recognizing the name. "Who?" He said, reaching over to tug Felix's schedule down enough to read it, if upside-down. "Huh, oh yeah. He must be new, I think I have him too," he mused, grabbing his own schedule to check out. "You've got Professor Carter and Professor Corrins though, they're pretty chill," he said, still checking over Felix's schedule. He decided not to mention Professor Summers being an animagus, it'd be more fun for Felix to find out on his own though.

Felix thought his eyes might stay in the back of his head after rolling them so many times. “If any place has spiders it would be up in those towers.” he said before sticking out his tongue. Despite all the talk of eating bugs Felix was feeling a bit better and took a large bite of a piece of toast as Sawyer snatched away his class schedule. He tried to protest but his mouth was full and anything he tried to say was gibberish. Finally he swallowed and took a few chugs of juice before nodding. “Yeah Professor Carter is our head of house. He seems alright.” he said in agreement. “Are there any I need to look out for?” he asked. “Like mean ones?” he added warily.

Sawyer snorted at Felix's response, shaking his head emphatically. "Nah, all the owls and stuff eat all ours. So they all go hide in your dorm," he said, giving Felix a serious nod. He scrunched up his nose when Felix spoke with his mouth full, flicking a few crumbs back at his brother before brushing them off their schedules so he could keep looking them over. "Yeah, Carter's cool.. Only one I think I'd be careful of is Professor Styx, but you shouldn't have him until 4th year. He's the Slytherin head of house. I've heard someone say he's a vampire," Sawyer said, making a show of tapping a finger to his chin thoughtfully. "Would explain the dungeons..."

Felix scoffed. "Gryffindor is above us. They would go there first." he pointed out feeling smug that he was able to poke holes in Sawyer's argument. "Besides Gryffindor's would probably eat spiders." he said. "Just to prove they could." he added with a laugh before taking another big bite of food now that some of his nerves had settled. He listened to his brother's advice closely but he watched Sawyer's face even closer as he tried to figure out just how much he was exaggerating. "Well...Theia hasn't been eaten yet." he pointed out. Felix had no real desire to go into the dungeons but now he would have no problem keeping his distance from that part of the castle and from whoever this Styx guy was.

"Maybe that's what they want you to think," Sawyer said cryptically, though he could tell his material for the spider joke was going to run out sooner than later. "You're right on that count though," he admitted, exhaling in amusement. "Surprised you didn't end up in Gryffindor, honestly. You'd fit right in." Sawyer had doubted Felix would be with him or Theia, but Gryffindor hadn't been out of the question considering how gung ho Felix tended to be about things. "Speaking of, why do you have Clive?" He asked, nodding towards the frog lounging on the table in Felix's lil terrarium.

Picking up his schedule, Sawyer used it to conveniently obscure his smile, lowering it again when he'd managed to get his face back into a serious look. "That you know of... When was the last time you saw Theia out in the sunlight," he said slowly, lowering his voice, half for effect, half again to avoid Theia's potential wrath if she was nearby.

Felix just shook his head but stopped to consider what Sawyer said about him fitting in to Gryffindor. "You think so?" he asked curiously. He didn't feel particularly brave most of the time but he knew sorting was a bit more complicated than that. He liked Hufflepuff so far even if one of his roommates was a little odd. He could handle odd. Felix looked quickly to his frog and rested his arm around the glass terrarium. He chewed on his lip and tried to think of a way to explain himself that didn't make him sound like a baby. "I thought he'd like to come along." he said quickly. "Doesn't seem fair to just keep him locked up in my room." Felix added with a nod before throwing a piece of toast at Sawyers head as he tried to do a spooky voice. "Not funny." he said plainly. He knew it was just a joke but he also knew even joking about it would probably lead to nightmares if he wasn't careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back