Wand
10" Whippy Ebony Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Full Name:
Jessica Evelyn Talent

Birth Date:
November 9th

Current Age:

Basic Appearance:
Simple brown hair shoulder length, and huge dark eyes.

Parents:
Harvey Talent (Wizard)
Lauren Talent (Muggle)

Siblings, if any:
Two sisters, Tory Talent (5) and Sandra Talent (1)

Pets, if any:
One 4 month old tortoise-shell kitten named Juno.

Area of Residence:
Dunedin, New Zealand

Blood status:
Half blood.

Best school subjects (And why):
Transfiguration - Jessy can always grasp onto the tricky subjects quickly.

Worst school subjects (And why):
History of Magic - She can hardly remember her own birthday, she could never remember all those dates. Nor could she care less :p

What would their Patronus be?
A sparrow

What would their Boggart be?
A giant centipede.

What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one)
A bird of some kind. She has always been fascinated with flying.

What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised?
Her family being happy, and no one abusing or hurting anyone.

What memory could they use to create a Patronus?
The first time she held her baby sister Sandra, the most precious person in Jessy's life.

Hi Jessy! I have a few questions. Answer them OOC or IC, your choice. :)

You say that Jessy's dearest wish is to see her family happy. Why is this? Is there conflict in Jessy's home?

Any particular reasons why Jessy's Patronus would be a sparrow?

Are Jessy and her sisters close?

Five words to describe the personalities of each of Jessy's family members?

Five words for Jessy herself?

What did Jessy's mother do when she found out her dad was a wizard?

Has Jessy's mother accepted that there is a wizarding world?

Why would Jessy's Boggart be a giant centipede?

I may have more once you've finished these. :) They're just to get you thinking about your character.

You say that Jessy's dearest wish is to see her family happy. Why is this? Is there conflict in Jessy's home?
Her mother and father have fought for as long as Jessy can remember. Being so young this affects her hugely, because it confuses her. And as she has never been told why they fight and what they fight about, she blames herself for their fighting. Jessy also doesn't understand why she and her mother and sisters cant just move out and live away from her father.

Any particular reasons why Jessy's Patronus would be a sparrow?
Jessy has always been fascinated with flying. When Jessy was 8 she found a wounded sparrow in her front yard, picked it up and brought it into her house. She looked after it and tried to nurse it as best she could. The sparrow meant everything to Jessy, but one morning the sparrow suddenly got up and flew away, and she felt good in herself knowing she had been the reason the bird had gotten better, and for the next few weeks felt her mind at peace in her home for the first time in her life.

Are Jessy and her sisters close?
Jessy looks after her 5 year old sister more than her parents do, and loves her baby sister more than anything in the world. In Jessy's eyes, Sandra being born may bring her family closer and stop the fighting. At least, this is what she hopes for. Even a year after she has been born and the fighting has not yet ceased.

Five words to describe the personalities of each of Jessy's family members?
Father: Violent, Loud, Argumentative, Powerful, Persuasive
Mother: Proud (as in, she has too much pride in herself) Angry (towards others) Weak (towards Jessy's father) Clean-freak (haha yes that counts as one word :p) and naive.
Sister (Tori): Playful, nosey, curious, smart (very smart for a 5 year old) and sweet.
Sister (Sandra): Well.. how do you describe a baby in 5 words? adorable, noisy, destructive (haha you know babies like to destroy things and make messes haha) curious, excitable.

Five words for Jessy herself?
Crazy (you know, she's 11 and acts her age, hehe) Forgetful, friendly, confident, but secretive (she keeps a lot to herself)

What did Jessy's mother do when she found out her dad was a wizard?
She knew long before they were married, as she grew up with a few wizard/witch friends, through whom she met Jessy's father. But when she found out as a teenager she was of course, jealous. But learned to accept that she can't have everything.

Has Jessy's mother accepted that there is a wizarding world?
Yes, years ago.

Why would Jessy's Boggart be a giant centipede?
Personally (out of character) I think centipedes are the most creepiest, disgusting creatures on the planet. I decided Jessy should have the same fear as me. If a giant centipede came near me I would HONESTLY scream and pass out hahaha.

[[OOC: This is all generally based off my own life, although I have changed the ages of my siblings and exagerated a little on how violent my parents are. Also, in real life, my parents broke up years ago. I'm basing this character off how my life was when I was 11 and how much better it would be if I was sent away to wizarding school hahaha]]

I have questions!

Has Jessy's father ever used magic against her mother, or the other members of her family?

Has Tory shown any signs of magic?

How did Jessy get Juno? How attached is she to her cat?

How much did Jessy know about magic before getting her Hogwarts letter? Did her father use it around the house a lot, or was it a kind of taboo subject?

Why can't Jessy and her sisters and mother just move away? Is it just love, or is there something more sinister? An enchantment perhaps?

Does Jessy have a dream career? If so, what is it?

What ARE the arguments Jessy is told so little about, about?

Hope my questions help at all ^^

WOOHOO! Lots more questions, but I have to go to course right now -_- so I'll fill them all out later.
Thanks guysies, these are good and they'll help XD

:wacko: i wanna do them now but I have to do an assignment =-/ major failage time!

x

I'll do this one at a time, because I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands today =]

What kind of bird is your Animagus?:
If Jessy were to become an animagus, she would be a sparrow, just like her patronus. She has always believed that she was once a sparrow in another life, and believes and wants more than anything to be one again.

Does your parents hurt you or even said something bad?:
Jessy's parents have never physically hurt her, or emotionally abused her. Their fighting was always amongst each other, and Jessy has never known what it is about.

What is Jessy's personality?:
Jessy has trouble opening up to people, she takes a long time to trust, but when she gets to know someone well enough she very fast begins to act herself around them. Once she is comfortable, she is energetic, enthusiastic, friendly, full of confidence, loud, and another word I would use to describe Jessy's personality is "musical" She sings to herself every minute she has alone, she writes songs on the spot about her surroundings, and once comfortable around her friends, its hard to stop her from singing.

She thinks too much about what other people think of her and how they could possibly be judging her. As much as she is determined to do what she sets her mind to, she will always stop and re-think if she thinks someone else could be effected, or if someone's opinion of her changes. She worries about other peoples opinions too much, and can often be pushed around easily or give in to peer pressure.

Grrr.

Dont have time to reply to Rowan/Kyles questions yet but meh.
*shows off new siggy - pic of Jessy*

Right, finally time to keep developing Jessy!

Has Jessy's father ever used magic against her mother, or the other members of her family?
He hasn't used magic against the family, but he has threatened too. Jessy doesn't know whether they're empty threats or he is serious, but she has never seen him use magic in anger.

Has Tory shown any signs of magic?
Everyone in Jessy's family knows Tory is going to be accepted by Hogwarts when she is old enough. She has always accidentally oozed out magic all over the place. As a young child, Tory used to hug her favourite toys and tell them to grow.. and mysteriously, they always grew! She has also been seen shutting and opening doors and windows without touching them. She doesn't know how to control these things yet.

How did Jessy get Juno? How attached is she to her cat?
Jessy loves Juno like a best friend. One night when she couldn't sleep she heard a purring noise coming from under her bed.. When she went to have a look, she poked her head under her bed and saw two glowing eyes staring back at her! She kept Juno hidden in her room for a week before she told her parents she had found a cat, and they let her keep her.

How much did Jessy know about magic before getting her Hogwarts letter? Did her father use it around the house a lot, or was it a kind of taboo subject?
Her father had always used magic around the home, because Jessy's mother was too lazy to do any house work. It was the only way he could ensure the house stayed tidy. He also used magic to cook all of their meals, simply because it was the easiest way to do it. He used to tell Jessy all about hogwarts and the magical world, she ha always known what is is like., always hoping she would one day be accepted into Hogwarts.

Why can't Jessy and her sisters and mother just move away? Is it just love, or is there something more sinister? An enchantment perhaps?
Jessy's mum would never tell a soul, but she only stays with her father because she wants to be a part of the wizarding world. She loves living in a house full of magic, where she never has to lift a finger, where all her problems can be solved with the wave of a wand. She doesn't love Jessy's father and hasn't for a long time. It's the magic she loves.

Does Jessy have a dream career? If so, what is it?
Jessy has always wanted to be a teacher, and has always wished to be accepted into Hogwarts so that she could one day become a teacher of magic. Of course she doesn't know what magical subjects she enjoys the most but she knows she will one day be a teacher. She believes it is what she was born to do.

What ARE the arguments Jessy is told so little about, about?

Give me a little bit longer to think about this question, haha.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back