Jessame Rose Trewelly

Jessame Rose Trewelly

OOC First Name
Emmapants
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Full Name: Jessame Rose Trewelly. Friends and family call her Jess, JR or Jessiose (but she finds 'Jessiose' incredibly embarrassing!)
- Birth Date: 26 December 2011
- Current Age: 11
- Basic Appearance: Small for her age, Jessame Rose is only 4'7'', has brownish skin, thick 'dirty' black hair that can't decide if it wants to be wavy or straight, and usually covers her face and shoulders. She doesn't often show people her face, preferring to peek out from under her hair, but she has large green eyes. She goes barefoot when she can. She's springy and strong despite her small size.
- Parents: Raised by a muggle foster family, Jessame Rose has no idea who her real parents are. Her foster parents are Tim and Sarah Trewelly, a factory worker and a nurse respectively, 39 and 41 years old. They have no children of their own and Jessame Rose is the only child they've fostered. They treat her as their own. They look noticably different to Jessame Rose. Tim is tall and of a stocky build with blonde hair and blue eyes. Sarah is also tall and has blue eyes, but dark hair. They are both white (although not pale), while Jessame Rose is brown.
- Siblings, if any: None...although she desperately wants to be part of a big family.
- Pets, if any: Jess tends not to trust animals, but there were little blue penguins nesting under her house a few years ago, and she was the only one in the house who didn't hate them. (Tim and Sarah said they were smelly and noisy)
- Area of Residence: Banks Peninsula, Canterbury, South Island of NZ.
- Blood status: Unknown
- Style: Jessame Rose is very casual and practical. Her parents don't have a lot of extra money, and little importance is placed on fashion, either in her family or community, so she mostly wears worn-out jeans, jandals or sneakers and t-shirts. She's very much still a kid, and going to Hogwarts is going to be a BIG culture shock for her!

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why):
- Best school subjects (And why):
- Worst school subjects (And why):

Muggle school
- Best school subjects (And why): Jess takes an interest in everything and performs uniformly well in all areas. She is very attentive and will always learn as much as she can before trying anything. She drinks everything in, like a sponge, but doesn't have one particular area she excels in.
- Worst school subjects (And why): Anything where she is the centre of attention. She always does well, but not well enough to be the best (on purpose) because she doesn't like to be noticed. Class speeches, reports, demonstrations: all bad for Jessame Rose.

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? A Kiwi. It's the only thing she feels she has a strong connection to. Its absurdity would scare away any dementor. Its combination of temerity and timidity suit Jess.
- What would their Boggart be? A blinding light that stopped her from seeing anything.
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) A dull coloured butterfly or moth. Small and usually unnoticed, but it can fly to where it wants to go.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Herself surrounded by a large family of people who all look like her, and who joked and laughed and poked fun at her in a loving way.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Sitting by
the fire in Tim's family's bach in the mountains after playing in the snow. Jess is curled up in Tim's arms and they are both reading, and Sarah is in the next room, singing off-key in the shower.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:

I had to stay in at lunch today because Mrs. Mackay saw me eating Skittles during reading time. When I got out to the playground, Georgie (Jessame Rose's best and really only friend) was playing four square with the other kids. I sat on the hall steps and waited for her to come and play with me but she didn't. Jackson called me a loser when he ran past, but I told him his brother Hunter told me he wet his bed still, so he didn't say anything after that.

I know Tim and Sarah are the best foster parents a kid can have, but I wish my real Mum would try and find me. I wonder if I have brothers and sisters? I wish I just knew what my real Mum looked like. If she came to find me and said she was taking me to live with her, I wouldn't go. I'd stay with Tim and Sarah, but I'd like her to try.

Georgie said she's going to boarding school in Christchurch next year. Sarah said I can go too if I want, but I don't know. I think I want to stay here, but I don't want to go to a different school from Georgie.

Hi Jess I have one question right now.

1. Why would your Boggart be A blinding light that stopped her from seeing anything?

That's it for now.

~Rose Love~

Hi Rose thanks for the question.

Why would Jessame Rose's boggart be a blinding light?

Jessame Rose is very cautious. She always (ALWAYS) takes a back seat and watches what is going on in any situation, so that she can be confident of doing the right thing before she tries to participate. She can tell a lot from watching people. She doesn't like going out of her comfort zone. Hogwarts is WAY out of her comfort zone. A blinding light is scary to Jessame Rose for two reasons:
a) She can't see anything, therefore can't evaluate what's going on and doesn't know how to act. Taking a step into the unknown is terrifying for her. Having to act without being able to see is her worst nightmare.
b) It's like being in the spotlight. She doesn't like that. She likes to blend in.

Hello there Jessame. :)

I have a few questions for you:
[ol][li]Have you had many other friends whilst growing up? How do you feel having to leave Georgie behind?</LI>
[li]Do you have a favourite place to be? The beach, or the woods, for example.
[li]Which subjects do you think you'll enjoy, or hate, whilst at Hogwarts?
[li]What are your hopes and ambitions whilst studying at Hogwarts?
[li]Can you describe your personality?
[li]Do you plan on becoming an Animagi?
[li]Have you ever asked your foster parents about your real family?
[li]How do your foster parents feel about you being a witch?
[li]What are your plans for the future, if you have any?
[li]Do you have any interests or hobbies?
[li]What are two of your strengths, and why?
[li]What are two of your weaknesses, and why?
<LI>[li]Can you describe yourself in three words, and say why for each one?[/li][/ol]

Thanks Tony

Have you had many other friends whilst growing up? How do you feel having to leave Georgie behind?
Jess has never had any close friends except for Georgie. She has school friends and friends from soccer and friends from Brownies, but she doesn't go out of her way to make friends. She really just has friends so she doesn't seem unusual. She's spent her whole life trying to fit in, and not be out of place. She likes to be alone with her family or with Georgie because she feels she 'fits' with them.
Jess can't imagine life without Georgie. They've always been together. Jess is hurt that Georgie is happy to be going to a different school and even more hurt that Georgie hasn't noticed how secretive Jess has been about which school she's going to attend. But being Jessame Rose, she won't make a fuss about it.

Do you have a favourite place to be? The beach, or the woods, for example.
Jessame Rose's favourite place is the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean near her house on Banks Peninsula. She often walks there with Tim or Sarah or just by herself.

Which subjects do you think you'll enjoy, or hate, whilst at Hogwarts?
JR doesn't want to go to Hogwarts. She has no idea what it's going to be like there, and feels like she's going to be in way over her head. She has no idea how a witch is supposed to act, and this worries her. (In a way though, she kinda wants to go because it saves her having to face a normal school without Georgie). Having said that, she'll enjoy Muggle Studies (when the time comes), because she is interested in how what she considers 'her kind' are perceived by witches and wizards. She'll do well in everything through hard work, but she won't necessarily like it. She'll probably enjoy History of Magic.

What are your hopes and ambitions whilst studying at Hogwarts?
JR feels a strong resentment towards the wizarding world. It has torn her away from everything she's ever known. She wants to learn as much as she can about it. (Keep your friends close but your enemies closer). She harbours a secret wish to destroy everything that is magic. She views it as unnatural.

Can you describe your personality?
Jessame Rose is cautious, but curious. She has identity issues (who am I? I'm Maori but my foster parents are pakeha; I'm a 'muggle' but you say I'm a witch; who is my real family? where do I belong?) She only ever lets loose around Georgie, Tim and Sarah, and then she is unstoppable. She talks incessantly about anything that interests her, which is everything. Put her in a situation she doesn't know and she shuts up like a clam. She observes and keeps a low profile until she figures out how she can make the best of the situation, and not stand out like a sore thumb. If fitting in means being a rugby head, she'll be a rugby head, if it means being friendly, she'll be friendly. She refuses to be the centre of attention, so goes with the flow, but there's a lot underneath the plain-jane veneer.
However, she will never go against her principles, especially if it means hurting someone else. She has a natural ability to merge with her surroundings when she feels uncomfortable (like if the kids she's with start picking on another kid, she won't join in, but she won't stand up for the kid either - she'll just 'disappear' - remove herself from the equation).

Do you plan on becoming an Animagi? At first, no, because that's magic and unnatural. But then she realises it could work to her advantage. It fits perfectly with her propensity for going unnoticed in a new situation - she can just hang out as a moth for a while until she gets the hang of things, then enter later as a human and be completely in control.

Have you ever asked your foster parents about your real family?
They've always been open with the fact that they know nothing. Jess was found wandering along the Avon in Christchurch when she was a toddler. She wouldn't/couldn't speak. Her case was publicised on the news but no-one came forward with any information so CYFs took over and placed her with Tim and Sarah.

How do your foster parents feel about you being a witch?
Tim thinks it's really cool, like an adventure story. Sarah worries Jessame Rose will finally find her place among 'her own kind' and not need her (Sarah) anymore. They're privately concerned because they now assume her real mother was a witch who abandoned her, and they worry Jess will find her real Mum and be broken-hearted, or somehow otherwise be let down by a community they feel let her down once before. They feel like a lot of things slotted into place when they discovered the whole new secret world of magic, assume that's where Jess must have come from and are worried about handing her back.

What are your plans for the future, if you have any?
Jess wants to be a mum. She wants to have kids and keep them and let them know they're loved. As far as jobs go, she hasn't thought about it. She can turn her hand to anything, so just assumes something will fall into place when the time is right.

Do you have any interests or hobbies?
Jessame Rose loves the outdoors. She is interested in everything around her, especially natural sciences. She plays t-ball, soccer and netball, goes to Brownies and generally just lives the life of a ten/eleven-year-old.

What are two of your strengths, and why?
1)Jess has a talent for reading people and situations.
2)She adapts easily.

What are two of your weaknesses, and why?
1)She is too careful sometimes, and misses out on a lot of the fun life has to offer because she prefers to take the back seat.
2)She doesn't trust people. Pretty much ever.

Can you describe yourself in three words, and say why for each one?
Cautious: She hates doing anything without checking out all the options first. Spontaneity is not her strong point.
Elusive/Mysterious (cheating with two words, I know): no-one gets close enough to Jess to see the real her. People view her as an average kid, but find themselves at a loss to describe her.
Quick: physically, mentally, Jess runs to a super fast beat inside. On the outside she is calm and steady, but inside she doesn't stop.

Thank you for those answers. Very detailed. :)

A few more:
[ol][li]Would it be a problem for you if people thought you where un-usual?</LI>
[li]Why do you feel the need to fit in? Is it not better to be unique?
[li]It seems that Georgie may not care about you as much as she lets on. How would you feel if this was true?
[li]When you go for walks, do you spend time thinking?
[li]Do you think you may change your mind about magic once you begin to learn what you can do?
[li]If your parents found you again, would you go back to them? Would you talk to them?
<LI>[li]Do you think your personality will change over time? Becoming more open and spontaneous for instance?[/li][/ol]

I'm interested by this character. :)

There are also a few similarities to mine. The mysteriousness would intrigue him, and he would want to explore Jess's mind.

Thanks again Tony. I hoped this would be an interesting character. I can't wait until she starts at Hogwarts.

Would it be a problem for you if people thought you where un-usual?
Because Jess has brown skin and her foster parents have white skin, Jess gets a lot of questions whenever people see her with her family. She feels like Tim and Sarah are her parents, and hates that people don't really accept them as a family just because they look different. She's spent a lot of effort trying to be as normal as possible as a result because she doesn't like people feeling sorry for her or viewing her as different in any way. She doesn't realise that a lot of the time, her behaviour makes her seem odd to others.

Why do you feel the need to fit in? Is it not better to be unique?
(see above) Jess doesn't like to be in the spotlight. Her differences annoy her. They're inconvenient.

It seems that Georgie may not care about you as much as she lets on. How would you feel if this was true?
Jess realises Georgie is growing up and moving apart from her. She's talked about it with Sarah and understands why it's happening, but it still hurts. She's afraid, because she's never really had to enter a new situation without either Georgie or her parents before.

When you go for walks, do you spend time thinking?
A lot. Jessame Rose is very introverted. She thinks about her role in life and wonders what it is. She feels connected to her Maori heritage, even though she only ever learnt about it at school. She also feels very connected to the land, to New Zealand. She thinks about people and their behaviour and spends an inordinate amount of time trying to style herself to be like others, but always feels like she hasn't got it quite right (the reason for this is because she forgets to put any of herself into these personas.) For example, at Brownies, she's like all the other girls there - she loves crafts, and helping people, and camping and animals. At soccer games and practices, she's like the boys and the tomboys who she plays with. At netball, she's girly and begs to play Centre along with all the others, even though she prefers to play Wing Defense. With Georgie, she's Georgie's 'second' - she'll do whatever Georgie does in public, but when they're alone together she's herself, like she is with her foster parents.
She thinks about the world around her and marvels at it.

Do you think you may change your mind about magic once you begin to learn what you can do?
This one is complicated. Jess views magic as unnatural and defying the laws of nature - all that is right. She learns it because she's expected to, but finds it, and therefore herself repulsive, like a vegan being forced to wear leather and eat meat. She begins to form a plan where she returns the world to its natural balance by ridding it of magic, and therefore throws herself into learning all she can of it. She may, given the right guidance, eventually come to realise it's a part of her and she can't get rid of it, but that all depends on other people.

If your parents found you again, would you go back to them? Would you talk to them?
Right now, no, because she's under the impression they were magic and she's angry about that. She'd demand to know why she was abandoned and then leave, not waiting for an answer. She wants more than anything to know her heritage, but would be too angry to let them answer any of her questions or get close to her.

Do you think your personality will change over time? Becoming more open and spontaneous for instance?
Yes, but very very slowly. We're talking years.

ooh, thanks.

I really don't know. I feel she has qualities that could put her in any house. She is shy, and believes in doing good, so Hufflepuff would work. She's incredibly curious and loves to learn, so Ravenclaw's a possibility. She doesn't think she's brave, but she can be when pushed, and is loyal to good friends, so Gryffindor could be a go. She can also be narrow-minded and determined to achieve things her way, so she'd fit in in Slytherin.

I guess it's up to the Sorting Hat!

Of course, she's only just discovering what these houses are, so she has no idea, either. I think she'd want to be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, but she wouldn't think she'd get into Gryffindor.

I can't wait for sorting!

:p

Okay I think this is going to be a very epic character to say the least. lol. Very original and thought out. I <3 her already. xD Now for the questions ;)

1) One of the cool things about Hogwarts is the fact that you can do things that most others of our species cannot. How will Jessame feel about her gift and being so different from the others she grew up with, and the life she knew?

2) Am I right in infering that she doesn't like change? This is related to my previous question. lol. If so, how will she handle the change to Hogwarts? Will she be stand-offish and refuse to make friends? etc. feel free to elaborate as you have before.

3) I'm not sure about this one, as it's been awhile since I made a student. But I think this MIGHT be a question from the sorting hat..dunno. Either way, what was her reaction when she recieved her letter from Hogwarts?

4) Do you think that once she gets to Hogwarts and finally fits in for once in her life, she will become more confident? Even if she now thinks that it's repulsing and different, will she eventually accept it?

5) Would you be willing to accept a mentor of sorts to help her get used to Hogwarts? I have a wannabe-prefect (this character in fact, Autumn) who can't achieve that goal until her fifth year. This would be great for her and it would also perhaps develop a few plots. I just really wanna rp with your character. xD

Okay that's enough for now, I'll stop the chatter ;)

Good luck on future developments, I'll try to think of some more questions while awaiting your answers to these ;)

Yay, thanks for the questions! Here goes:

1) One of the cool things about Hogwarts is the fact that you can do things that most others of our species cannot. How will Jessame feel about her gift and being so different from the others she grew up with, and the life she knew?
Jessame Rose is very upset about the fact that she is supposedly a 'freak' as she refers to witches and wizards. She doesn't feel like she is one of them, and resents the term 'muggle,' considering it racist (something she has experienced before, as she is a Maori growing up in a predominantly white area of New Zealand. Her previous experience of racism has not been serious, but little things that have made her feel uncomfortable). She will enjoy her new-found abilities, but she will be confused by this enjoyment, as she is still certain it is wrong and freakish to do magic. She is ashamed to tell her foster-parents much about the school as she is afraid they won't like her so much when they realise just how different she is.

2) Am I right in infering that she doesn't like change? This is related to my previous question. lol. If so, how will she handle the change to Hogwarts? Will she be stand-offish and refuse to make friends? etc. feel free to elaborate as you have before.
You are right, JR doesn't like change. She feels threatened by situations where she has no control. She is already preparing for the switch to Hogwarts by finding out as much as she can about it. She believes in knowledge and is determined to find out everything about it in order to regain some control in this new situation for her.
She likes to lay low and watch, assessing a situation before she gets involved, so she will be slow to make friends. She wants to fit in, and for people to think she is normal, so will try not to be stand-offish, but her cautious nature will probably weird some people out.

3) I'm not sure about this one, as it's been awhile since I made a student. But I think this MIGHT be a question from the sorting hat..dunno. Either way, what was her reaction when she recieved her letter from Hogwarts?
She thought it was a hoax. She assumed some classmates from school had set it up, so she took little attention until the muggle liaison officer visited. When she realised it was real, she was intensely curious and at the same time scared, because she knew nothing about this new world of magic.
At first she was excited at the prospect of finding out who her biological parents are, as she assumed she would be able to find out once she entered the magical world. When she discovered it was possible for muggle-borns to be magic was when she got really angry at the whole thing.
As she has come to know a little about it, she has developed the idea that Hogwarts is an evil institution set up to lure normal young people into a life of trickery and lies (a kind of xenophobia - she's afraid of the unknown and so has projected bad attributes to it). She still doesn't fully believe in magic - that will change when she starts school. She doesn't want to go to 'Dumbwarts' as she calls it, but her foster-parents are making her, as they are worried about her lack of social skills and hope that meeting people people who are more like her will help.

4) Do you think that once she gets to Hogwarts and finally fits in for once in her life, she will become more confident? Even if she now thinks that it's repulsing and different, will she eventually accept it?
She will be acting confident for the most part, but will still feel like an outsider, as she doesn't consider herself a 'freak,' but rather identifies with 'muggles.' Depending on her interactions with others, she may or may not come round to accepting herself as a witch and begin to fit in. This is entirely dependent on others.

5) Would you be willing to accept a mentor of sorts to help her get used to Hogwarts? I have a wannabe-prefect (this character in fact, Autumn) who can't achieve that goal until her fifth year. This would be great for her and it would also perhaps develop a few plots. I just really wanna rp with your character.
Awesome! That would really be great, but Autumn would really have to watch what she says. Jessame Rose will be easy to alienate. If you play up the whole 'I know you feel different' thing, it might work. I think they could really bond over the enjoyment of learning. Don't try to convince her magic is okay too early on, but its okay to show her how much you enjoy using magic. JR is also very aware of her Maori heritage and will respond to any curiosity or demonstrations of solidarity about that side of things. A mentor would definitely help her adjust. Thanks for offering! I'm so excited to start RPing with her, but apart from a visit to Obsidian Harbour, I'm going to wait until she's a school.

Thanks heaps!

Edit: Check out JR's secret diary and RP development to find out a little more about her. :p

AAAH! That's so cool. xD She's the opposite of a pure-blood who hates muggles. Bwuhahaha! I love it. That's such an awesome concept ;) Okay okay here goes

1) Has she ever considered the fact that she is being racist herself by hating the witches? In doing so does she realize she hates herself, as it is a part of her whether she likes it or not???

2) Was she like most muggle borns or mixed bloods in the example of the famous Mr. Potter who could do things with his mind when he was angry or scared ;) Things she couldn't explain? Did she show no sign of magic while growing up? -continued in the form of a nother question-

3) If she did, however, then why did she never wonder what was up with her before, as doing magic happens almost always in young witches and wizards. In fact, not being able to do at least a little magic is a sign of being a 'squib' to most magical families, showing just how common signs of power are. xDD

okay that one was rambling. ;)

Let's see let's see....

4) Althoguh other people call her JR, does she introduce herself by her full name and let people give her their assumed shortening? For instance, if someone were to nickname her Jessiose and her hate the name, would she in turn associate the person with the bad feelings?

5) Has she ever been to therapy? She has lots of issues that I wish I had the degree (and her to be non-fictional) to delve into. xD

6) Does she really truly want to know about her parents? If she's a xenophobe wouldn't she be scared of finding out the truth about them, whatever that may be? For instance, are they freaks too? Why the hell did they abandon her in the first place? etc etc? O_O

7) Is the fact that she's afraid of change, a significant part of the whole 'witches and wizards are freaks!' thing? A bit like a 5 year old going to school for the first time? 'I don't wanna go! Yuo can't make me! I'll just ignore the other kids mleh!'

8) Annd finally, what will she think when she gets to Hogwarts and ACTUALLY fits in? xD Like...I dunno when people aren't total freaks? What then?

Bleh as you can see, I have all these question but I can't figure out quite how to word them <_<

:frantics: Weee! Great questions!

1) Has she ever considered the fact that she is being racist herself by hating the witches? In doing so does she realize she hates herself, as it is a part of her whether she likes it or not???

This is something that Jessame Rose will have to deal with when the time comes, but for now, and for a while I hope, she is completely unaware of her hypocrisy. She is blinded by her anger and confusion into believing the simplest thing: it's easier to blame someone else for things you don't understand than to try and think them out properly.

2) Was she like most muggle borns or mixed bloods in the example of the famous Mr. Potter who could do things with his mind when he was angry or scared ;) Things she couldn't explain? Did she show no sign of magic while growing up? -continued in the form of another question-
3) If she did, however, then why did she never wonder what was up with her before, as doing magic happens almost always in young witches and wizards. In fact, not being able to do at least a little magic is a sign of being a 'squib' to most magical families, showing just how common signs of power are. xDD

I'll address these together. Jess has always been able to see things others haven't. For example, once when she was lost in the bush with her family, she was rescued by a witch who 'happened' upon them and helped them find their way out in the dark with the help of a torch (flashlight). At least that's what her foster parents saw. JR saw it was a stick (wand) with a light at the tip. She sees grand (magical) buildings where her parents and friends see dilapidated ruins. She sees doorways others don't see. Her foster parents put this down to her vivid imagination, and this was repeated so often she believed it. She thought it was all in her mind. This is one reason she is wary and likes to assess a situation before entering it; she's never sure what's 'real' and what is 'in her mind.' Watching and reading others is her way of figuring out what's normal for them, and she has always tried to emulate 'normalness.'
In addition, JR's favourite book, from a very young age, was Matilda by Raold Dahl. She strongly identifies with Matilda; she loves reading, she picks things up very quickly, she suspects her real family might have been like the Wormwoods, and that her foster parents are her version of Miss Honey. And sometimes, she can make things move. The first time, she was at kindergarten - only 3 years old. Jess had spent twenty minutes making a birthday card for Sarah, and another little girl spilled water all over it. Jess was so upset; the water that had spilled from the paint jar suddenly reversed its movement and ended up all over the little girl. Jess knew she'd done it, and when she read Matilda the following year, she thought she'd found the explanation. She has spent many hours trying to hone her 'skill,' with limited success, although she expects that soon she will lose the ability, as Matilda did, as her mind is challenged at school.
So you see, Jessame Rose has grown up knowing she was different, but always hiding it. There are a lot of issues here! :p

4) Although other people call her JR, does she introduce herself by her full name and let people give her their assumed shortening? For instance, if someone were to nickname her Jessiose and her hate the name, would she in turn associate the person with the bad feelings?
She always introduces herself as Jessame Rose, and corrects people (somewhat apologetically) if they just call her Jessame. Most of her friends call her Jess, Jessie or JR. Jessiose is a nickname she got as a toddler when her friend Georgie couldn't pronounce Jessame Rose properly. It stuck, and JR is embarrassed of it for no other reason than the reason you would object if your mum tried to call you "Auty Wauty" in public. If someone at Hogwarts called her Jessiose she'd think they'd been spying on her (paranoid!) and somehow found the nickname and was using it to annoy her. She wouldn't like it one bit.

5) Has she ever been to therapy? She has lots of issues that I wish I had the degree (and her to be non-fictional) to delve into. xD
HAHAHAHA! She's just a kid with a keen intellect, a wild imagination and under-developed social skills, probably due to abandonment issues and being raised by foster parents, that she will get over as she grows older. That's basically the report given by the CYFS (Child, Youth and Family Services) officials in charge of her foster placement. She's never had serious therapy sessions, just observations from CYFS. I agree, she has serious issues!

6) Does she really truly want to know about her parents? If she's a xenophobe wouldn't she be scared of finding out the truth about them, whatever that may be? For instance, are they freaks too? Why the hell did they abandon her in the first place? etc etc? O_O
There is always an underlying desire to know. Like any kid, she wants to be wanted, and fantasizes about her mother waking from the coma that left her unable to care for Jess, and stopping at nothing to find her, or something similar. However, she also truly believes she's better off with Tim and Sarah. She figures if her biological parents abandoned her, they're probably not worth knowing anyway.
There was a brief window where she would have run into their arms - just after she found out about Hogwarts and before she discovered 'muggle-borns' could be witches and wizards too. The Hogwarts letter seemed to answer so many questions so nicely - of course it was too good to be true. She figured she'd go to Hogwarts, meet her true family and fit in perfectly for once. The abandonment would be conveniently answered by it being 'for her own safety' or something. When that dream melted away, as I've said before, she became very disillusioned and the hate started.
If it turned out at that point that her family had been waiting with open arms, (well, there would be other issues), but she would have, for the most part, happily accepted her 'witch-ness' and the magical world.

7) Is the fact that she's afraid of change, a significant part of the whole 'witches and wizards are freaks!' thing? A bit like a 5 year old going to school for the first time? 'I don't wanna go! Yuo can't make me! I'll just ignore the other kids mleh!'
Spot on! :grin: In order to justify it for herself, she's projected more negative associations onto 'them' and uses that to continue to subconsciously delude herself.

8) Annd finally, what will she think when she gets to Hogwarts and ACTUALLY fits in? xD Like...I dunno when people aren't total freaks? What then?

:uberninja: I am VERY MUCH looking forward to this! She is gonna be so conflicted! A key moment will be meeting Trinity, who also resents magic. As I've said before, it will totally depend on interactions with others as to how everything plays out. She'll feel amazing that she fits in, but she'll also feel guilty for thinking that way, like Harry in Spiderman 3 (sorry I can't think of a better example right now), when he knows Peter is his friend, but he wants to honour his father's wishes to destroy Peter/Spiderman at the same time!

:r: OH boy! I am incapable of keeping things short. (I swear even my own mother doesn't read all the way through my emails! =lol= )

There may be a few discrepancies here and there, as JR has become more solid in my mind. I apologise for these, and if anyone wants to point them out, please do. I can't wait to start RPing her!

Thanks heaps! Can't wait til Autumn and Jessame Rose meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back