James the Crimson Lighting! (OPEN!)

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
James walked out onto the pitch, his crimson robes billowing in the wind. He was glad his old Gryffindor Quidditch Robes fit him still especially since he didn't feel like wearing his Canon's Robes. In his hand was a yellow and Black Broomstick, a custom made broom given to all members of the team it was a bit faster than the normal brooms that most students had. James missed his Streak but had given it to his sister before he'd left school and did enjoy the speed his Canon Streak got when it was allowed to go to max. Unfortunately that rarely happened since you couldn't go too fast when playing a game of Quidditch unless you played Seeker. James had missed playing Seeker but had gotten very good at playing Chaser.

James mounted his Broomstick and kicked off the ground feeling the air rush past his skin as he went higher and higher into the air. James grasped the tip of his broomstick, gently but with enough firmness to give him the control that he needed. James pushed down and began soaring towards the ground with an incredible amount of speed. James tapped the underside of his broom causing it to fly away from the ground and towards the stands. James smiled slightly as he flew closer and closer to them. James flew turned once more leaping from his broomstick in order to kick hard from the surface of the stands, mounting back onto his broomstick with even more speed. Everything had become nothing more than light and he a flare of red and yellow, it was all a bit dizzying but James was prepared to handle it. James stopped with remarkebly precision as he just barely had an inch between himself and the other part of the stadium.

Nina hadn't flown since the begining of last year, and was feeling a bit homesick to the sky, as odd as that might seem, she did feel at home in the sky, and on her Scarlet Streak that she had gotten during the TriWizard a few years back. So, when she returned to Hogwarts New Zealand, the second place she went was the Quidditch Pitch, in hopes that pathetic first years wouldn't be stealing her air time. She played Seeker, and she was pretty decent, at least compared to her first year of flying, when she had payed more attention as to how the broom could move in the air. Her first year was her year of ignorance, she was afterall a muggleborn, so she didn't have all the knowledge about the wizarding community all of her friends had seemed to.

When Nina reached the pitch, she didn't waste any time in mounting her Streak, and kicking off the ground fluidily. For a moment, her stomach raised in her chest, and she felt elated, it was this feeling that she always enjoyed the most when flying. It was like the first snow of the year, there was nothing like it, and there never would be. Her hazel eyes squinted as the beaming sun entered them for a quick moment, but the sun was thankfully blocked by a figure. It hadn't lasted long, in fact this flier was going much faster then she had gone in a long while. She followed the person with her eyes, almost wanting to teach them a lesson for their show boating, but as she was such a nice person, she didn't. It was her fault, she never did what she really wanted to, so peoples feelings wouldn't get hurt.

Nina shrugged that off, and elevated her broom to the height of the poles, her golden, Hufflepuff robes flapping against her sun kissed skin, just as her strawberry blond hair was. She had forgotten to tie it back, again, but she didn't care, she was just happy to be flying, although she knew that she would have to subsitute her moment of euphoria for a long letter of grievences to her Grandma, forgiving her for all the lies that had been told. In her peaceful state, the sixteen year old had forgotten the boy in the crimson robes, and did a few loop-de-loops, feeling her cheeks becoming flushed with blood, and even a little bit green from nausea. I have to pace myself, she reminded herself, as she levelled again, just looking straight ahead.

James noticed the other person, it was perfectly normal for other people to practice on the field. James needed to continue his Exercises, the ones he was currently practes were meant to throw off his opponents. At school students normally flew straight, right, left, up and down with the ocassional suprises however when it came to Professional Quidditch you always needed to have something up your sleeve otherwise the game could easily turn in the favor of the other team. James decided to ignore the other person and just continue as he flew up higher again. Over the past year James had become exceptionally skilled at Quidditch, thanks to all the long hours of practice. He would've tried out for the Gryffindor Team except that his contract with the Canons forbid him to join any other Quidditch Teams including school ones.

James didn't mind that much however as he flew higher and higher until the air began to grow thin. His Canon Streak performed very well in the high altitude unlike other brooms. James leaned forwards and began flying fast towards the ground, moving faster and faster as the ground came closer and closer. James quickly pulled up flying upside down forcing himself towards the stadium, It was difficult to see as the blood was rushing to his skull. While keeping his broomstick close to the ground he could feel the grass rush against his back. James kept his broomstick upside down while using his upperbody strength to pull himself upright. James rotated his broomstick while pulling up fixing it as he quickly put on the breaks in order to avoid hitting the girl. A bit of Sweat on his face James smiled at the girl "sorry about that" James said frankly.

"Sorry about that."
Nina eyed the boy that apologized to her a bit oddly, she had been trying to straighten her thoughts and mind, so much that she had missed that he had almost collided into her as she floated in mid air. When she realized who the flushed boy she was looking at was an old class mate from Hogwarts Scotland, her eyes widened with surprise. Another transfer, was her initial reaction to the finding of James being here, or who looked a lot like James, certainly it couldn't be anyone else. "James?" she questioned. "James Potter?" she added after a small pause.

Almost not believing that James was here when Isabella was not, Nina Patrokov blinked. Anger was, of course, her next reaction, she had never liked James much, never respected him, he was just another rich brat, that wanted everyone to think he was different then the rest. Or that was what she got from him in the six years she had known him, excluding fourth and fifth year, as he had bailed Hogwarts New Zealand months before the second task, and fifth year she assumed he had went on to do what ever James did.

Then after a second or two of thinking things through, she gave him a sunny smile, it was fake, but she was good at faking smiles, at least to those that didn't know her well. She had been closer to Bells and Saks, so they would have known that she was faking but James, well that was anyones guess, of course Nina assumed that he was too self centered at being The Boy that Lived's son.

"Yeah" James said a bit annoyed, here it was. Another Potterhead freaking out because she was in front of him, Harry Potter's son who'd left school to become a professional Quidditch Player. James disliked people like her, probably believed everything that she read in the Daily Prophet. She was most likely no better then the hords of house witches that came to his matches just to call out his name. James didn't care that much, he'd gotten over people treating him different and had even gotten used to the fame that was always around him. It was part of being a Potter and while he did enjoy it at first he wouldn't let it decide who he was. James had made his own name away from his father and more importantly he'd done it all on his own.

"Are you going to fly?" James said a with a shrug he couldn't move with her in front of him like that. James felt a bit annoyed that the girl was so starstrucked that she couldn't even move. He did have that effect on a few people, especially small children and immature teens. James was also a bit curious as to whether or not the girl was any good at flying. He wouldn't mind giving her a few pointers since she wasn't bad looking. The sky was bright and the days were long as James had to find something to do with this last year at school. James figured flirting and flying would be a good way to spend the days while making the other guys on his team major jealous, they wrote letters stating how much they would've loved to come back to school and how lucky he was... all James could do was smirk slightly at the thought.

Nina rolled her eyes at the tone of voice she noticed James use. She just scoffed, assuming that he thought she was one of those ditzy fangirls. No, she was better then that, she had more dignity, besides, James was a fool, a big fool. She turned her broom away from the boy she had previously known and began flying around the pitch, but at the same time pacing herself, it had been a whole year after all. She was getting back into her groove and it showed clearly, she always flew better when she was frustrated or angry. And when James assumed that she was just another one of those girls, it angered her to the point at yelling at him to say exactly who she was, telling him exactly what she had thought of him and his father this whole time, but she kept her mouth plastered shut as she always did. Didn't want to upset poor Jamesie now did we?

As the Hufflepuff Sixth Year flew, she hummed, a German song she had learned in her time back in her homeland over the summer, quietly to herself, well it was so quiet, but with the wind from the high speed she was going at, it could barely be heard by her. It was a habit that she didn't care to break, or never attempted to.

James noticed she was slow, it was kinda embarassing as if she'd never flown before. James smirked slightly deciding to show her how it was done as he lowered himself closer onto his broomstick and zoomed forwards very fast. James past by her like a speeding bludger, If he had been a few inches closer he would've knocked her off her broom and sent her flying away. James turned around to face her "need flying lessons?" James asked with a smile, he knew that his offer would probably be taken as an insult but to be fair someone that needed help flying did indeed need flying lessons. "I could help if you want?" James said with a shrug smiling at the girl who didn't seem to be that younger. Perhaps she wasn't that bad of a flyer, maybe James was just so good that her skill seemed mediocre by comparison.

Nina looked over at James when he asked her if she needed flying lessons, her mouth hung open with hurt. She wasn't that bad and she knew it. Suddenly her face light up with frustration at how cocky he was. "Nien!" she said, forgetting the English barrier she usually put up when at school. "I mean no! I haven't flown in a year for your information, and by the way I'm not one of your stupid fan girls, I went to Hogwarts Scotland with you, then went on to the TriWizard tournament with you as well!" she said, absolutely fuming with anger at this point. "I have more dignity then fawning over some egotistical Gryffindor!" she snapped, saying his house with the disgust it deserved because he was in it, and it showed in her hazel eyes.

Nina couldn't help but be a little elated that she had let out what had been on her chest, she had never been so open about her anger to anyone before, at least not those that she didn't trust. Zakary and Alex, for certain, perhaps now she wouldn't for Alex, but that didn't matter anymore. She swerved past James, while muttering under her breath, and in her best German, "Asking Nina Patrokov if she wants help flying? Please you stupid, jerk! I'm much better at anything that you do even on my worst off days!" Times like these were when her Slytherin personality came out, and it usually came out in German, as everything came so much more natural to her in German. She had been raised there after all, aside from her home in London, which she moved out of at a young age when she was adopted by her lying Grandma. She scoffed once more, going full speed, leaning her body closer to her broom, and flying a little less mechanically and more fluidly, her hair flying into her face while her robes flew behind her from the high speeds of the wind.

"Egotistical?" James said flying closer to her "Fangirl?" James said a bit annoyed at her presumptness. "I don't remeber saying that you were some fangirl!" James said a bit heated. So what if he didn't remeber this girl, James had seen thousands perhaps even hundreds of thousands of girls in the last year alone and if he didn't remeber all of them he was considered 'egotistical' that really bugged him, how people just assumed things about him without really knowing him. "I believe you, you can't be any of my fangirls" James said with a shrug "all of my Fangirls are much prettier than you" James said with a scoff. If she wanted him to be an arrogant prat then who was James to dissapoint. Some jealous girl who probably wished James had paid her more attention wasn't going to poke fun at him just because of his fame. "Besides, My fangirls all know how to fly!" James added vehemently.

Nina's eyes darted towards James for a split second then responded, "You said it with your eyes and tone of voice." As he went on to call her ugly, she almost laughed, she knew exactly the power she had over boys, yes it wasn't an actual spell but sometimes it seemed like it was. Now she was with her friend of six years, Zakary, and didn't plan on changing that just to enjoy the dumb founded, almost love struck, expression on some boys faces. "Ouch low blow, Potter," she said in a monotone, making her words sound sarcastic, which they were, she didn't care if some blond bimbo could fly better then her when she had taken a year long haitus to study for OWLs.

Nina stuck her nose up in a posh mannor, that could only mean that she was done speaking to the scum bag. He was too leave her air, so she could fly, she certainly was not going to be the one to leave first with a tail between her legs. She was bored with him, and wanted nothing to do with him at this point, she felt badly for Noah, and Bruin who were in classes with him. Who would have to deal with his pompous attitude. Nina loathed the Gryffindor so very much, and didn't see at all what her friend had.

James was mad at this girl but had received some good advice from his uncle Ron once, his uncle had gone to school with his dad but more importantly had seen how quick people were to judge those that were known by everyone. His dad had resented them just like he had and had never let them walk over him but had also been nice and willing to forgive. James smirked slightly as he remebered his Uncle say that if it had been him in the same situation he probably would've knocked the living socks outta them. While it was a bit tempting to just ram his broomstick into her's James decided to go another approach as he flew in front of her. "What's your problem? Last I checked I was being nice and then you blow up at me" James said neither in a rude nor a nice tone of voice. He would try to be nice but if the situation was as hopeless as he thought it was then he would also know when to call it a quits, even if he really didn't want too.

"Nice?" Nina repeated. "You think you were being nice, you have never been nice to me," she said with a cold scoff. She swurved around the boy, her hazel eyes looking for anyone else she could push onto James, so she wouldn't have to speak with him. "You've been nothing but rude to me for what the four, five years we've known each other, although mainly through Bells and Saks," she said, levelling her broom, and slowing down to a stop. She crossed her arms against her chest before blowing up, her bangs only moved up, and then back down. She left out a frustrated sigh with her hair that was completely askew so she slid her wand out of her pocket of her Hufflepuff robes and summoned a red ribbon. "I bet you couldn't even tell me my name," she said challengingly as she tied her strawberry blond hair up into a high pony tail.

Nina smirked, wondering if he would just prove her point, that he was a tool and thought he was just the bee's knees when he was not. She detested people like that, and she knew James to be one of them. "Besides, do you not find that it is rude to ask people if they want your help on flying when they are doing perfectly fine? It isn't like I am falling of my broom," she added as an after thought. "No wonder people think you're just like your father," she smirked, hoping this would get under his skin like it had when they were younger.

"Just because we go to school together doesn't mean I know everyone" James said to the girl "We may have even spoken once or twice but that doesn't always leave enough impression and what exactly have I done to be mean to you in the past four or five years?" James said curiously he never did anything to her and was now being scolded for it. Her ranting and raving however weren't done however as she went on telling him how rude it is to try to want to help people. "What are you talking about, if your insulting me then I'm nothing like my father since he was a saint" James said matter of factly as the girl commented on his dad, they may not be on speaking terms but it didn't take the fact that he was a Great Man and James wouldn't let him get insulted from some immature girl who wanted to hold onto some imaginary grudge instead of getting to know James or his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back