James Potter and the First Year

Link Potter

OOC First Name
Kait
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
OOC: I'm having a little trouble logging into my old account so I will post this Fan Fiction as Link until it's sorted out. For those wondering what James Siruis Potter's first day/ year at Hogwarts Scotland was like Please Read On! ***This is not based off the fanfiction book series James Potter and should only be taken as an HNZ story based off this site's history and the characters***

Part 1: The Train to Hogwarts

James sat on the Hogwarts express with his cousin Rose as the train travelled across the country side. It was strange to be walking around the train with people whispering all around him. Despite his dad's warning he still found himself being suprised by it all. Do people whisper around you?" James asked Rose considering his cousin's parents were almost as famous as his own.

Rose lowered her book and nodded slightly before mumbling that they did a little bit and returned to her book. James could tell that she had the same butterflies in her stomach as he did. Leaving the compartment, James figured it would be best to find the snack trolley so he could fill up on sweets and forget what was about to come. It wasn't long before a group of girls walked up to him and began giggling.

"Aren't you Harry Potter's son" one of them asked as the rest giggled some more.

"yes" James replied as another girl asked if his dad was 'The Harry Potter' to which James confirmed.

Within seconds the girls started asking him loads of questions about his family, he started answering as more students came walking up to listen to some of the stories he had to share about his family. "My dad's not a bad Seeker but I've caught the Snitch before him loads of times" James said to the now quite large crowd. "I heard he was good enough to get put on his house team in his first year" a Second year boy with a squeeky voice said from behind.

"Yep, I'll probably get picked too, that's how good I am. Quidditch just run's in the family!" James said as an older girl with dark brown hair and doe eyes walked up.

"Ravyn Daniels, I play for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team; you don't look that impressive" she said cooley as she looked him up and down.

James was a bit surprised by the older girl's comment as a few people in the crown snickered. "Well you haven't seen me in action, bet I could teach you a few things one on one if you like" James said with a smile as the older girl chuckled.

"Seriously? that's your best line, sorry I don't date kids" Ravyn Daniels said before she turned and walked off.

"It's always worked before!" James called out after her as the crowd turned back towards him to hear more of his stories from home.

The rest of the journey flew by quickly enough as James was instantly one of the most popular students and he hadn't even stepped inside the castle yet. The butterflies were gone from his stomach as the train started to slow down. The group quickly dispearsed as James went back to put on his cloak. Finally with a loud whistle the train stopped as James gathered his things and stepped out of the compartment with Rose.

"Next week, meet me on the Quidditch Pitch. If your good than I talk with my boyfriend, his the Captain" Ravyn Daniels said to him as she walked passed before quickly adding "If your not, than maybe I'll teach you a thing or to".

James smiled to himself as he felt heat rush to his forehead, he had no idea what he was supposed to do with a girl when they were alone since his earlier talk was merely false bravado. He was sure that he definately wanted to get to know the older girl better.

Part 2: The Sorting

They had travelled across the lake with Hagrid and it had been relatively smooth except for some kids in one of the boats rocking it back and forth which in turned caused it to complete tip over. Three kids were instantly soaked as Hagrid quickly corrected the situation. James was sharing the same boat as Rose and another first year with dark black hair and a pug like face.

They didn't talk as they watched the majestic castle that was Hogwarts get closer and closer. Soon they had docked and found themselves inside the walls waiting to enter the Great Hall where they would be sorted. "Well if isn't Harry Potter's son!" a nasely voice said from behind as James turned to see a fat boy that was a bit shorter than himself looking at him with a smirk on his face. "My name's Crabbe and I heard you think your quite the big shot" Crabbe said as he cracked his knuckles.

The rest of the first years quickly created a circle as though expecting a fight to break out at any moment. Next to Crabbe were two larger students both in height and weight. One was a blond girl with a face that appeared as though her nose had been broken more than once. The second looked similar to the girl except that James could tell he was a boy. The pair were obviously twins which made James wonder about what type of ugly parents they must've had. He figured one of them had to have been a troll at the very least.

"Well my family did save the wizarding world" James said with a cool expression on his face. "So I'd say that we are a pretty big deal, no need to be jealous" he said with a smirk.

This was obviously something that Crabbe did not want to hear as he looked at the twins "What do you think, Olga and Olgin. Should we teach this Potter a lesson?" he asked as the pair chuckled stupidely in agreement.

James knew he wouldn't be able to fight the two of them at the same time especially if Crabbe helped. He didn't show it but he was definately a bit afraid that he would be going to the hospital wing instead of being sorted. His only hope would be if a Professor came out before it was too late, unfortunately from the sound of it, that did seem to be happening. The three moved towards him as the group of first years seemed to hold their breath.

Suddenly Rose stepped forward and pointed her wand at the trio "I've read about some interesting jinxes that I would like to try on anyone that wants to fight" she said with a confidence in her voice that made everyone believe her. Rose Weasley was definately like her mother in that James was sure there wasn't a spell she couldn't master.

Before the trio could say a word, the doors to the Great Hall burst opened and the group of first years were lead inside. James whispered his thanks to Rose as he was sure this wouldn't be the last time he had to deal with the trio and waited for his name. "Potter, James!" was eventually called out as whispers began to fill the Great Hall. He stepped forwards and sat on the stool as his eyes immediantly looked at the Gryffindor Table where Ravyn Daniels sat.

Again, James felt his face redden and grow warm as he thought about being able to sit next to her. For some unknown reason he didn't feel nervous about which house the hat was going to place him in, he was however surprised when it began to speak to him.

"A Potter, I was wondering when one of you would walk through these Halls again, Your parents made the House of Gryffindor Proud and I'm sure you will too since your obviously a GRYFFINDOR!" the hat said as the Gryffindor table roared with excitement.

James smiled as he got up from the stooland returned the sorting hat. He couldn't wait to tell his parents the good news. More importantly, he would get to know Ravyn Daniels better. He sat at the table but was unable to sit next to her as he turned and waited to see who else would be sorted into Gryffindor.

Rose soon joined him at the Gryffindor table and together along with the rest of the students in the Great Hall they sat and enjoyed a wonderful first meal at Hogwarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back