James Carter

James Carter

-Full Name: James Edward Carter

-Birth Date: 17 July

-Current Age: 13

-Basic Appearance: Average height, jet black hair, ice blue eyes that look grey on a sunny day

-Parents: Edward (magical) and Kate Carter (non-magical)

-Siblings, if any: Slightly Older twin sister: Samantha-Maria ((click link to see her C.D))</I><I>(only older by five minutes), And he had a younger sister who died a few years back: Jayne-May

-Pets, if any: Slate Grey kitten that is almost identical to his sisters. (only they can ever tell them apart)

-Area of Residence: New Zealand

-Blood status: Half Blood

-What would their Patronus be? Lion

-What would their Boggart be? Being trapped under water (after nearly drowning when he was younger)

-What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one): most likely a big cat like a lion

-What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? He would see himself playing with his entire family in the meadow when his other younger sister Jayne was still alive

-What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Same as above

-Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
Dear diary,
We went back to the meadow today as it would have been Jayne’s eighth birthday, we took a picnic although none of us felt like eating, Sam played in the river while I sat in the tree above her, she teased me as usual for being scared to go in with her, but I don’t really care she wasn’t the one that almost drowned a few years ago, she was however the one that saved me- I doubt she’s ever going to let me forget that.

Hey James!

I have some questions for you. Feel free to answer in or out of character, although I'll mostly ask in character.

~ What was your mother's reaction when she discovered your Dad was a wizard? How does she feel about her kids being magical?
~ Can you please explain your attachment to lions? Why do you feel a lion would best protect you as a patronus, and why do you feel you would be a large cat if you were an animagus?
~ Do you plan to be, or would you like to be an animagus?
~ How did Jayne-May die? (The same question has been asked on Sam's Character Development page and has been left unanswered)
~ Does it truly bother you that Sam is older than you, or do you just play it up because she loves teasing you about it so much?
~ I read in Sam's thread that your mother treats you better than her since Jayne-May died. How do you feel about that?
~ What do your parents do?
~ What's your kitten's name (and what's Sam's kitten's name?) Will they be coming to HNZ with you?
~ Where abouts in NZ are you from?
~ Did you go to a muggle school? Do you have friends outside your family?
~ What are your hobbies?

I have more, but I'll leave you with these for now.

I hope these questions help you in developing your character. I look forward to your responses.
-Emma

P.S. I like the reversal of the twins' fears - heights vs water and how each is involved in the others' fear-origin story. Nice touch.

(( I am sooooo sorry this has taken me such along time :cry: :( did intend to answer this a long time ago and I did manage to get most o it done but being the very smart person that I am I left it saved on my school computer and as I have been soo busy in school for ages now so i have been unable to post ))

~ What was your mother's reaction when she discovered your Dad was a wizard? How does she feel about her kids being magical?

Mum always liked the idea of the existence of magic, it was a shock of course when my dad finally told her about him and his family being magical, he first decided to tell her when she found out that she was carrying me and my sister, as he suspected that when we were born we would soon be showing sings of being magical ourselves, he was as always right.

~ Can you please explain your attachment to lions?
I suppose I’m attached to lions because of their strength and braveness, I have always wished that I could be more like them, so that I could protect my family – especially Sam as she has always been the tough one that watched out for me and herself, It would be nice to be seen as the ‘typical’ strong boy that doesn’t need to be protected by his sister – not that I mind of course.

~ Why do you feel a lion would best protect you as a patronus, and why do you feel you would be a large cat if you were an animagus?
Again It would be because they are so strong, I would be a large cat if I were an animagus because they are wise and strong, fast but quiet and stealthy so they have both physical strength and cunning to outsmart their pray.

~ Do you plan to be, or would you like to be an animagus? I would like to be an animagus as then I have a secret part of me that I know is strong enough to do what is necessary, this would probably give me more strength and confidence to be more forward around people.

~ How did Jayne-May die? (The same question has been asked on Sam's Character Development page and has been left unanswered) Jayne was very ill for a long time with leukemia, it was very hard for my family and since her death there has been almost constant arguments, Sam has had it worst really, I just get the after effects of the fights when she is upset and walks out.

~ Does it truly bother you that Sam is older than you, or do you just play it up because she loves teasing you about it so much?
Of course it doesn’t bother me, she likes to use it against me a little too much but it’s only friendly teasing, as I often enjoy taunting her from high up in a tree because I know se wont be able to get me.

~ I read in Sam's thread that your mother treats you better than her since Jayne-May died. How do you feel about that?
I think that it’s unfair, we think it’s because she reminds mum of her a lot, when she was younger they would have looked almost identical.

~ What do your parents do?
Mum hasn’t been able to hold down a steady since Jayne, Dad still works in an engineering firm, not the most exciting job in the world but it pays the bills – Just.

~ What's your kitten's name (and what's Sam's kitten's name?) Will they be coming to HNZ with you? They most certainly will be accompanying Sam and I to HNZ, We couldn’t bare to leave them behind, My kitten is called Smokey and Sam’s is called Willow.

~ Where abouts in NZ are you from? Christchurch.

~ Did you go to a muggle school? Do you have friends outside your family?

Me and my sister were in a local primary and junior schools until my sister became ill. We do still keep in contact with a few people from the school but most found it difficult to talk to us after our sister died because they wern't really sure what to say as they did not want to upset us.

~ What are youtr hobbies?

I enjoy climbing, whenever i get a chance im off the ground, I suppose I feel safer there where I can see poeple coming and have time to think about an escape.

(( agian I AM SOOOOO SORRY THIS TOOK SOOOOO LONG ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back