OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jacob had been looking for the guy for a few days, hoping he'd made it into his own house. Jemma had poked him precisely at the moment the sorting hat had poked him, and he's turned to tell her to quit it because she was poking him right in the ribs. By the time he'd turned back, he had lost sight of the other Jacob. But he knew other Jacob wasn't a Gryffindor.

The first year knew he could just wait for classes. He was bound to spot the guy in one, especially flying since the entire first year class seemed to have that together based on his time card, but where was the fun in that. So, he scrambled out of his seat when he finally spotted the guy, dropping himself boldly into a seat at their table. He didn't realize that might not be an ok thing to do. "You're Jacob. Guess what, me too!" he said, clearly delighted at meeting someone who shared his name.

Jacob yawned he was already tired and the year hadn't even started. It was odd to be at the castle, but at the same time he was excited. He missed his adoptive parents dearly, but learning magic was going to be lots of fun. Jacob grabbed his journal and walked to the Great Hall. The food had been great and he couldn't complain so far. He sat himself down at the Ravenclaw table and looked around.

When the boy said he was also named Jacob, Jacob smiled. It was funny to know there was another Jacob in his year. His name wasn't that uncommon so it was possible that there were more Jacob's in his year. Jacob smiled and looked at the other Jacob. ''Hello Jacob, I am Jacob'' he smiled broadly. If Jacob was going to be funny, he was going to try to go with it.

The boy seemed extremmely delighted about meeting his namesake. He didn't mind that much, but the other Jacob his enthusiasm was catching on. ''I see you got Gryffindor, liking it so far?''

Glad that Jacob two (that's what he had begun calling him in his head anyway) appeared friendly, Jacob kept a smile on his face and nodded enthusiastically. "Yep" he stated. "I was hoping for Slytherin but the sorting hat knows best, right?" He wasn't really asking a question because he'd grown up hearing those words. To him, it was far more fact that opinion. The sorting hat was smarter than all of them. At least when it came to figuring out their house. "We had a party last night" he added, which was perhaps a slight exaggeration but he wanted his house to sound fun.

"What about you? What's Ravenclaw like? What kind of portrait covers your tower? " he asked, quite curious. To his knowledge, no one in his family had ever been in the house. They had Hufflepuffs, a few scattered Slytherins and a plethora of Gryffindors. But no Ravenclaws.

The other Jacob seemed excited and it had a nice effect on Jacob. When the boy said that the hat knows best Jacob smiled. ''Why did you want Slytherin?'' Jacob paused ''Don't you get the same curriculum in all houses?'' Maybe that was a really ridiculous comment and the other Jacob was going to think wrongly of him. ''I am not big fan of parties'' Jacob muttered ''but I guess they can be lots of fun'' Ravenclaw didn't host any parties, Jacob merely talked and played some chess. Which was his vision of a good night.

''I didn't know anything about the other houses, so I didn't mind getting Ravenclaw
Jacob smiled, he was honest and that was what counted right. He just learned what all the houses meant and what they stood for. He didn't even know were they where in this castle. When the boy asked about his feelings for Ravenclaw he had to think really hard. ''Ravenclaw is nice, I guess.'' How could he give a proper answer if he didn't even know how to other houses were. Maybe they were better and bigger than Ravenclaw, but Jacob had no clue. ''Portrait?'' Jacob had no clue what they boy was talking about, he had to solve a riddle when he wanted to get in. If there was a secret portrait entrance he was curious to know where it was.

"My brother is in Slytherin" he said with a shrug. Now that he wasn't in Slytherin, he realized he didn't have all that great of a reason for having wanted to be there. Listening to other Jacob, Jacob realized they were pretty different. Jacob loved parties! It just proved to him even more how smart the sorting hat was. "Hey, do you mind?" he asked as he reached for a grape. He loved grapes.

At least Jacob two seemed to like that he'd ended up in Ravenclaw. So far, he was the first one he'd met that he knew of. He knew that dreadful girl had ended up a Slytherin and the boy he'd met on the train had ended up a Hufflepuff. He wasn't sure about the other people he'd met on the train. "Yea, you know, the portrait that you have to give the password to" he continued, wondering if maybe their portraits were supposed to be secrets just like the password was.

Jacob didn't really get why you would want to be in the same house as your family. Why did it matter and wouldn't it be annoying. He didn't have any siblings, but he didn't want to be with them the whole day. ''Nah go ahead'' He muttered when the boy grabbed a grape. Jacob looked up and listened to the boy talking about the portrait you had to give a password to. That didn't sound like anything he had to do and Jacob was curious if maybe it was different for every house. So Gryffindor had a portrait and for Ravenclaw he had to solve a riddle.

''We have a door knocker in the shape of an eagle.'' Jacob muttered at least that is what it looked like in his eyes. ''The knocker says a riddle and if you get it right you can enter.'' Jacob paused ''If you get it wrong, you have to wait for someone to get it right so you can learn from them'' At least that was what he heard it worked. He got the riddle right when he entered first. ''The portrait thing sounds a lot easier'' When you were tired from a long day school and had to solve a riddle it wasn't really classified as fun.

Jacob ate a few grapes as he listened, a look of interest on his face as he put this information on his memory bank. "That's...fascinating" he murmured, truly interested. Now he wondered what the other houses did and resolved to ask Noah the next time he saw him so he could knock another one off the list. "Yea, it's pretty easy. I heard some of the passwords can be tricky to say though" he added with a shrug, tossing a grape in the air and attempting to catch it in his mouth. It missed, bouncing off his nose and then to the floor. Jacob shrugged at it. "I have to get ready for class now but we should do this again, Jacob. Maybe we'll have a class together and can confuse the professor " he said with a grin as he went to stand up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back