I've Got the Lines

Reuben winced in empathy as Sav hit her head on the wall, flinching back slightly. He hadn't meant to startle her. Now that her face was revealed he could see that it was streaked with tears and stricken with pain - not just the physical kind, like the pain caused by a bruised head, but the emotional kind, as well. The Hufflepuff had felt that kind of pain enough times to recognise it immediately in the face of another.

Her next comment stunned him. "What?" he said, so desperate to assuage her that for a moment he couldn't think of anything to say at all. If he'd known his ignoring her had made her feel bad, he would have owled her every day! How selfish had he been to think that he was the only person affected by their evening? It seemed the problem had roots deeper than this, but he had to try to comfort her anyway. "You think I wanna leave you cause we made out and then I avoided you? That's insane! You're like, the most amazing, beautiful girl I've ever met. I avoided you because... because you can do way better than me. Because I realised that once I had you, I had no idea what I was supposed to do with you. It's like, you're so amazing, it's scary." He sat down on the ground, dropping his gaze. "Please don't cry. 'Cause then I feel like I made you cry, and that makes me the biggest jerk on the planet."

Sav didn't have a clue that Reuben even knew what emotional pain was. The Hufflepuff seemed to have a great home life - she knew nothing of his brother's death or his own struggles to find who he was. Perhaps that was her mistake. She liked him for the shallowest reasons. For the way he made her laugh and the way his smile had made her feel. It was enough to spark a little interest. Then he pulled her in with the way he kissed her and she was stricken in the worst way - in a way she didn't deserve and she knew it. The blonde wanted to shake her head but it was impossible considering she was laying on the ground.

"You just left and I remembered and I just.. Gabe..." Saveli couldn't quiet even get out complete sentences. She drew her hands to her face. She was so mortified but she couldn't even think straight enough to make herself push him away. She was so tired of pushing everyone away. She wanted to tell someone how alone she felt, she wanted someone to make her feel less alone. What if doing that to Reuben scared him away though? "You think i'm easy." She spoke harshly through a adenoidal sounding tone. She wondered if he'd even pick up half of what she was saying or what she thought. If he asked she was willing to try and explain - but as it was without prompting she couldn't keep her thoughts straight.

Reuben didn't know much about Gabriel. He'd seen the two Slytherins together, but hitherto had never given them very much thought. Now, however, as he recalled these instances to his mind, it struck him that he had only ever once or twice seen Saveli smiling in his presence. He didn't think much further on the matter until Saveli's next remark, which completely threw him for the second time in one minute. "Um," he said, "Sav, I've had a massive crush on you ever since I tried to give you candy in my first year. Remember? And we kissed, like, six months ago. If you're easy, I'm not gonna get a girlfriend til I'm like ninety or something."

Saveli was a sobbing mess on the ground, feeling like a mess, feeling pathetic. The Reuben spoke to her. First she was going to deny it again, saying he was only trying to make her feel better, but the remark at the end made Saveli giggle - a positive emotion. Saveli wiped at her face with her sleeve, trying hard to disperse what tears she could. The slytherin moved to sit up first, and then lunged forward throwing her arms around the wide shoulders of the Hufflepuff boy whom was comforting her. Saveli buried her face in his shoulder and squeezed him tightly, not particularly caring if he was able to breathe or not. "I hated you when you were in first year." She replied finally to his remark. "But now i don't." She spoke. "Reuben do you want to go out?" She asked impulsively, almost hoping if he really didn't he'd at least pity her and say yes.

Reuben caught Saveli in his arms and hugged her, resting his chin on her shoulder and bursting out laughing. "That's all right," he replied. "Most people did." Perhaps that was a little extreme, but he certainly hadn't been popular in his first year. If it wasn't for lacing cupcakes with puking pastilles, it was for being so much less cool than Rudolf. These days he'd stopped worrying so much about popularity. He'd have liked it, sure, but it wasn't the end of the world if he only had one or two friends.

Suddenly Reuben pulled away, searching Saveli's face for a sign she might be joking. "R-really?" he asked. He couldn't do that. What if he wasn't brave enough to stand up for her when she needed it? What if he wasn't cool enough to join in with things when she wanted to have fun? What if... There were too many what ifs to go over them all. Instead of replying - he couldn't think of anything to say, anyway - the Hufflepuff leaned forward and embraced Saveli in a kiss.

Walking the Brightstone with a new girlfriend on his arm was a little less than normal for Lanithro Styx. He recently had to break up with Lyra Potter because his dad stepped in and told him that he was not allowed to date anyone with the last name Weasley, Potter or Granger. Lanithro had a hunch as to why, but he didn't say anything. He simply said that to Lyra, and both agreed to be friends once more. He was almost positive that she had a new boy toy anyway, since there were no bad feelings between them, and remained as close as before. However, his golden eyes turned as he saw a Slytherin prefect, Saveli, ask out the girl that he was dating's older brother. Oh this would be fun. He smirked as he approached, "Don't be a p***y, this is how you ask someone out." He reached and took a handful of Raylee's bottom. Snickering, Lanithro wanted to have that Hufflepuff riled up, and ruin such a bittersweet moment. It was in his nature.

Whether Ray was dating Lanithro because she actually liked him or because she wanted to make Georgina jealous was debatable at best. She did enjoy the thrill of it all, but she couldn't exactly claim to have fallen for him for his heart of gold. As they walked she glanced this way and that, hoping to catch a sight of the brunette whose heart she really did intend to capture - someday, somehow, and by any means possible. Of course, it was pretty much impossible when she wouldn't speak two words to Georgina without hissing some snide remark for fear that she would realise she had a crush on her, but that was a problem she would address another day.

Following the Gryffindor's gaze Ray suddenly spotted her brother, Reuben, sitting on the ground beside Saveli Matveev. As they drew closer they could overhear their conversation, and for a moment Ray grinned. Get in, Reuben! Then her smile turned devilish. She nudged Lanithro with her shoulder, flirting heavily with her eyes and gasping when he grabbed her. "Lan, not in public," she purred, tiptoeing to kiss his jaw.

Saveli hadn't noticed approaching people, but if anything was not the time for something, this was not the time for an approach by Reuben's annoying little sister and her weasel faced boyfriend. The blonde glared at them from the corner of her eye and at first drew her wand. However she couldn't be arsed to do anything that might cause the kiss to break, so instead she just continued to kiss the Hufflepuff, and lowered her wand arm to the ground, sniffling between kisses. After all why waster her time on a couple of kids who could barely wipe their own noses when she was finally happy kissing someone - with no one to tell her not to.

END

Users who are viewing this thread

Back