I've Decided, It's Not For Me.

Leila Walden

OOC First Name
Lauren
Leila ran as for as long as her legs would allow her, she found herself slowing down just as she arrived into the Entrance Hall and she paused to take a breath. She was not meant for running and she bent down trying to slow down her heart rate. She wondered where she might find Maddie at this time of day as she might be in a class or have things to do with Heta. She concluded that she would have to go back to the common room at some point so Leila decided that the best place to head was there, when she got her breath back of course there were a lot of stairs between the Entrance Hall and the Gryffindor common room.

The first flying lesson had gone well so Ulrich was in a good mood, the same couldn't be said for all his classmates and when he saw the young Gryffindor run off the Quidditch pitch after a difficult lesson Ulrich felt an explainable urge to go after her. She was running, he was not, so it wasn't until the castle that he managed to catch her. He found the girl bent over in the entrance hall trying to catch her breath. Ulrich cleared his throat as he approached her. "Bad lesson?" He asked, wondering if she would even be up for talking to anyone, she had seemed pretty upset.

Leila straightened up instantly when she heard a boy's voice behind her. She turned around and recognised him as a fellow first year but she had never spoken to him before. Her eyes had dried up a little now but the embarrassment of not being able to summon the broom was still raw. She nodded her head at the boy "I don't think it could have been any worse" she replied sadly. "I don't think i'll ever get the hang of it" she was convinced that she would never be as good as Jess or Geo on a broom and she didn't think that she would ever like Flying.

Ulrich felt bad the girl, she had probably watched her friends do something she could and she felt embarrassed. He wanted to hug her, but they had just met so he would save it for later. "It was the first lesson, not everyone can do it the first time, you should beat yourself up. you could still be a Quidditch sensation," Ulrich smirked. The girl may have had no interest in Quidditch but it was the best way he could think of to portray flying excellence. "My name's Ulrich by the way,"

Leila giggled a little in spite of herself and felt fresh, hot tears appear in her eyes. It wasn't that she particularly wanted to be a Qudditch sensation she just wanted to do well in the lessons and be able to fly along with Jess and Geo, she didn't want to be left out on something that the two them enjoyed so much. For some reason, Leila felt like she could talk to the boy and he offered her the comforting words that she so desperately craved. She moved towards the boy and rested her head on his shoulder while gripping the front of his shirt with her hand. She tried to stifle her cries but the tears kept falling, if she wasn't already embarrassed with her performance, she would have been embarrassed about crying in front of a stranger. "I... just.... want... to do... well" she sniffed, she wasn't particularly gifted in any subject but flying hit her hardest. The the midst of her crying the boy introduced himself as Ulrich and Leila pulled away from him for a second to squeeze out a smile and said "I'm Leila" she forced out with a smile.

Even though he had a sister Ulrich wasn't used to dealing with upset girls, though he thought he was doing alright, he even managed to get a giggle out of the girl. It was certainly progress, at least he thought so until he saw the tears streaming down her face. Ulrich didn't know what to say but it seemed he didn't need to say anything as the girl inched closed to him and rested her head on his shoulder and grabbed hold of his shirt. Ulrich cupped her cheek with the palm of his hand and used his thumb to wipe away her tears before he placed his arms around her. "It's okay Leila, it'll be okay," Ulrich said quietly gently rocking. "I can stand with you in the next class if you want, maybe help you,"

She sniffed as the boy offered comforting words to her while holding her tight. She felt a lot better already and she was so glad that the boy wanted to make sure that she was okay. She would be fine... once the shock of the first lesson wore off. She sniffed and reluctantly pulled out of the hug, it felt so nice but she wanted to face Ulrich and make a better impression on him, she didn't want to be known as the tiny crying girl to him forever. She nodded and smiled at him "that would be so nice yeah, I would love that. Thank you" she replied to Ulrich. "I'll need all the help I can get, did you do well in the lesson?" she asked Ulrich, wondering about his own skill when it came to flying.

If Ulrich had made Leila feel better then it was worth the tear and potential snot stains on his shirt. When she pulled out of his hug he dropped her hands to her cheeks to wipe away any remaining tears. He smiled when she accepted his offer to have him stand with her, he hoped that by just being there for moral support she would prove to herself she could do it. "Oh me? I got the broom in my hand," Ulrich said casually hoping it wouldn't upset her being around one other person who managed to do the thing she hadn't. "Next week you will too, I'm sure of it,"

Leila tried to wipe away the damp parts of Ulrich's shirt that she had made with her tears. She let out a deep sigh and tried to compose herself, she was sick of being a crybaby and she didn't want new friends to think that was all she did. She smiled at Ulrich's answer "that's so good! Well done" she said sincerely, she was so proud of her friend's achievements and she just wanted to be able to do the same. Leila shrugged her shoulders "I hope so, I guess I just need more practise" she said, optimistically "with you helping me, hopefully next time i'll be able to do it" she replied, smiling at the boy.

Ulrich smiled at the girl as she seemed to be coming around to his way of thinking. "Yes exactly, not everyone gets it on their first attempt, you just need to practice, I wouldn't worry too much and I'll be happy to help you, anything you need," He smiled at her. Ulrich was invested in the girl now, if her crying on his shirt didn't make them friends, he didn't know what did. "Anyway, what about that blonde girl you always hang around with, she seems like she knows what she's doing, maybe she could help too?" He suggested.

Leila smiled at the Slytherin boy gratefully "Well we'll have to get started pretty soon then, i'll need all the help I can get" she replied trying to force out a joke. She was beginning to like Ulrich, he seemed nice and decent enough. Leila shook her head when he mentioned Jess and how good she was at Flying. She felt her eyes begin to water when she thought about Jess' flying ability and how rubbish she was at it. There was no way that she was going to ask her best friend to help her out she was far too embarrassed for that.

Ulrich nodded, it was settled he would be helping her alone. He didn't understand why she wouldn't ask her friend for help, but after seeing her eyes well up, he wasn't going to push. "Hey don't worry, I'll help you, just me," He said giving her shoulder a squeeze. Ulrich hated to see her so upset and so embarrassed. He didn't understand why she was taking it so hard that she was struggling after one lesson, she just needed a little time, and hopefully Ulrich would make her see that and help her to feel better about herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back