I've been screaming on the inside

OOC First Name
Melissa.
Dulciana walked the streets of Brightstone Village on the look out for her niece Elodie. She had received an owl from her requesting they meet up at this location at this time. But so far she hadn't seen hide nor hair of the elusive teenager. Checking her watch she sighed in impatience and forced her way over to a bench and took a seat. Elodie was already very late and the witch didn't want to have to wait for the girl on her feet.

She clasped her hands together on her lap and Dulciana looked down at the interlaced fingers. She was clueless as to why Elodie was wanting to meet up with her but clearly she was about to find out. Looking up she scoured the crowds milling about in front of her until she spotted the surly looking teenagers, "Elodie!" she called waving madly. hoping the teen would notice her.

Elodie wove through the milling Hogwarts New Zealand students trying to locate her Aunt. The throng of people proved problematic as she tried desperately to get to her destination. "Sh!t!" she hissed in French as yet another person stepped on her toes. "This is fawking mental!" Pushing through a group of giggly girls she made it onto the not so crowded side road. Sighing in relief she smoothed down her skirt and ran a hand through her hair. The woman waving madly like some kind of mad waving... thing caught her eye. It was her Aunt Dulciana.

Eyes narrowing Elodie stormed over to her Aunt hands firmly on her hips. Drawing up to her, she used her height to her advantage successfully towering over the seated figure. "Where the fawk were you?!" She shouted face contorted with rage. "Your sister was drinking herself to an early grave after her jack @ss of a husband beat her to fawking pulp! And you weren't there!" she took a breath, "And now she's dead and you didn't even bother going to her funeral! You are a FIRST CLASS B!TCH!" Elodie finished with a flourish her cheeks crimson and a lone tear ran a track down her face. She took a deep breath and wiped the tear away quickly.

Dulciana's grin dropped right off her face. She listened to the screaming and shouting thoroughly taken aback by the magnitude of the hate being emmited toward her. As the rage filled rampage came to an end she lept to her feet, "Firstly, your language is atrocious." she frowned heavily "Secondly, I was there for your mother more than you ever knew. You left her behind to go to school but I kept regular contact. I couldn't have stopped her doing what she did!"

Dulciana was feeling extremely awkward by this point. Her argument was pathetic in comparrisom to Elodie's. Eye's darting she looked for an escape plan. One presented its self in the form of Lapis Lazuli her friend's daughter. Throwing out an arm she scooped her out of the crowd. Holding Lapis protectively in front of her she tried to smile, "Elodie this is Lapis." she said before turning on the spot and apparating with a crack.

Elodie scowled, "Fawk you." she said before almost falling over in shock. "I kept regular contact too you b!tch! I did NOT abandon my owm mother!" Glaring she watched as Dulciana floundered but was even more unimpressed by her choice of escape plan. Elodie blinked at Lapis, confused before pulling herself toget but by then it was too late. "Come back here you cowardly b!tch!" she cried at the spot where her aunt had dissapeared.

Turning to Lapis she raised an eyebrow at her. "Who are you?" she asked puzzled by the arrival of the younger girl. She was still fuming from the argument and her tone was still a little sharp but she didn't care. She got to finally say exactly what she thought of her Aunt and that truly made her feel better. "Well?" she asked again.

Lapis had been walking through Brightstone enjoying the holiday atmosphere when Dulciana's arm snaked around her and pulled her out of the crowd. She blinked in confusion. "What the- what?" Lapis hadn't seen Dulciana for weeks and didn't appreciate the intrusion. Especially not when her mother's friend disappeared, leaving her with a complete stranger.

A rather rude one, by the looks of things. Lapis was quite taken aback by the older girl's blunt query. "Er, I'm Lapis. Lapis Lazuli. Don't laugh." Lapis was so used to people laughing at her semi-precious stone name that she asked them not to pre-emptively. Lapis stood expressionlessly, waiting for a reaction or, even better, an explanation.

Elodie relaxed slightly. The moments that had passed since Dulicana's departure had given her the necessary time to calm down. "Why the hell would I laugh? It's a pretty name." Elodie replied with a shrug. "Do people normally laugh?" she asked raising an eyebrow, she couldn't for the life of her understand why people made fun of other people's names, 'Elodie' had been a great source of amusment when she attended Beauxbatons, for reasons that the she couldn't understand. "I'm Elodie Kesslar by the way. That b!tch was my aunt." she said running a defeated hand through her hair.

Dropping her hand she twisted them together as the silence dragged on. She wasn't usually one for being quiet but she couldn't work out the right way to explain exactly what was going on. "Er, she watched her sister, my mother, drink herself to death." she said blinking rapidly. She didn't want to cry in front of a complete stranger. "I just wanted to tell her how much of a cow she was." she sighed, "She is such a bloody coward. So... how do you know her?" she asked.

"Yeah," Lapis admitted quietly, "most people do laugh." She was surprised at the older girl's relationship to Dulciana; she didn't seem anything like the nasty old witch. Although Lapis did know all about being related to people she had little in common with, and to be honest it looked like Elidie and Dulciana weren't on the best of terms. . .

Lapis waited awkwardly while Elodie tried to work out what to say. She was intensely curious about this strange young woman's relation to Dulciana (but then, she was intensely curious pretty much all the time). "Woah," Lapis remarked when Elodie finally told her. She wasn't sure what else to say. There was an awkward silence. "I know her because she's one of my mother's best friends." Seeing Elodie's expression she quickly added, "don't worry. I hate her too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back