Status
Not open for further replies.

Annaliese Vermeulen

OOC First Name
Camilla
Wand
Ebony 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Uh, hey there.

I have here a first year, Annaliese Vermeulen, who could use some interactions - to anyone who's up for a challenge, that is.

Anna's an 11 year old girl from South Africa who likes sports and fantasy. She's also got a hideously bad temper and is something of a difficult case.

She's never had a really stable homelife - her parents are workaholics and never really gave her and her older brother the attention they needed. As such, they kind of ran wild and never had proper life lessons. She's rude and selfish - although at the moment, she's so out of her depth that she's a little meek and shy. This will doubtless explode, as she is known to do, after a few days at Hogwarts.

Her first language is Afrikaans and while her English is fine, she's not used to working in English 100% of the time. Not to mention she's only just moved to a foreign country and has to learn about a whole new world of magic - she's very lost and confused, something which comes out in anger. A lot of her issues take form in anger. Loneliness, anger. Confusion, anger. She's not very good at keeping her cool.

She can also be a bit of a bully - but that's mostly someone setting her off (never on purpose) and her losing her temper.

What Anna needs, really, is some friends and enemies. Friends who might help her to keep calm and enjoy herself, to be a little less selfish and angry (they'd have to be pretty brave). It would be good if they came from all walks of life so, maybe if they were feeling a little lonely too.

Enemies because Anna can set off so easily it's hard for her to not make enemies. :p

I'll add her brother to this soon hopefully, I'm just waiting to hear if he gets to be a transfer.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested!

Hey Camilla!

I have Eugene to offer and he is a Hufflepuff but neither shy nor scared (he should have been in Gryffindor :r ) He could be be a friend but they could start out badly maybe by her exploding at him,but he wouldn't be unnerved by it.And then he could maybe try to understand what was the deal with her.He has been a bit of a loner most of his life but thats just because he didn't have muggle friends.I plan oh having many friends for him though ^_^

Here is a bit of Background on him
He was born and brought up in a muggle suburb on the outskirts of Glasgow,Scotland.His father William Smythe was an Auror and his mother Mary Ravenheart-Smythe was a house wife and they were quite well off.They lived in a manor with Eugene's grandmother Alice Smythe.However, when Eugene was only 8 years old his mother went missing and soon after his father initiated a search for his mother and after a few months he went missing too.

After that his grandma looked after Eugene but he ended up learning how to do all sorts of housework without magic including cooking,which he loves.In his free time he liked to wander the woods behind their manor house and he learned how to hunt animals with a bow and arrow and can also identify many different types of herbs and magical plants.He also liked to ride his father's old broom and he learned how to fly on it.He also played pranks on the muggle children sometimes because he didn't have any friends to play with and he was bullied by some of them.

So generally Eugene is friendly,intelligent but not bookish,a prankster,adventurous and a bit mean sometimes.He likes reading,flying broomsticks,muggle music and cooking.He wants to learn everything there is to magic and then he wants to become an Auror like his father.

Thats all about my charrie but im still developing him and haven't quite figured out how he feels about his parents being missing.Lemme know what you think :D

-Payal

Oooh, I like him! I can imagine Anna exploding at him and then, when he was unfazed, be confused, attempt to angrily antagonize him for a bit before giving up and eventually opening up to him a little. Of course, she doesn't know why she's always so angry, but I can imagine her slipping up and making a bitter remark about her family and maybe even quietly listening to him and what he has to say. She could learn to have a real friend! :lol:

She'd probably still antagonize him a bit, though, but that's just how she is.

---

My transfer got accepted! This is Albertus, known to everyone as Al or Albie. He's 15, but he's only just in third year because his magic education is a little lacking. He has worked hard with what he's been given, though, because he's very driven to succeed. He's looking forward to going to Hogwarts to actually properly use his magic and learn all sorts of things with it.

He's a smooth-talker, very sly, very adaptable and changeable. A social chameleon. He's always had lots of friends - never any true friends though. He comes across as a bit cold and nonchalant, but again, that's because he's never had anyone he truly cares about. The only person he really cares a lot about is Anna, and he's a very protective big brother. Teases her, of course, but he's a good brother and kind to her. He can be protective, caring and kind to those he lets in to his heart, however he's never really had any friends to do that. He's just got caught up with various groups - being the chameleon that he is, he kind of just works his way in to groups and does what it takes to get respected. He got in big trouble back home for getting caught up in a gang and having to spend a night in the watchhouse. He's a little bit more cautious with which groups he wants to be involved with now.

I would like some friends for him - acquaintances, maybe a girlfriend or two (more harmless flirtations/flings than anything, I don't want to set him up in a serious relationship just yet) - and a couple of people he could call true friends. They don't have to be third years - older students are most welcome (given Albie's age, anyway).

Hi!

I have Sofia, and I feel like her and Annaliese would fit well together.

Sofia is from Europe but has lived in Australia all her life. The only family she has known is her mother, who is a wizard, but moved to get away from all the bad things that had happened before.

She's very skeptic and needs fact to believe things. She loves to cook and travel. She studied animals with her mother her whole life and is very neat and organized.

She just wants friends to help fill that void she never had as family.

What do you think? ^_^

:D I think it would happen in the dungeons as Eugene is on a quest to find the kitchens and they could bang into each other or something...do you wanna start the topic or would you like me to do it?

I have Oscar here, who could easily be bullied by Anna if you like! He will probably try to stand up for himself, but he is very insecure so if you feel like letting Anna rip into someone, here is your guy!
I have a PD myself, here, but he also has a bio up if you want more info on him! Let me know ^_^

Okay! I think Anna would rip in to him without thinking too much, and then when she'd realised she'd dun goofed...she'd get mad and be too stubborn to apologise. :lol:

Maybe if you're planning for him to build his confidence he can eventually stand up to her and knock her down a peg or two!

I'll see how he goes but it sounds good for now! ^_^ Would you like to start the RP? :r

Topic Closed and Archived
This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back