It's Raining!?!

Neiko Fedele

OOC First Name
Annie
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Neiko was on his way home from a day of shopping, he was supposed to have been anyway, but really he had just walked into the first store and decided he really didn't feel like shopping. So he had walked around town for a while, it was too nice to go shopping. It was warm and being on a store seemed to boring to him at the moment. He would go shopping the next day, Tony wouldn't care it wasn't like they were out of food. He was almost to the park when the sky started to darken up, he didn't pay attention to it until he reached the park and it started pouring. He ran under a tree, it helped a bit it was a large oak so near the truck he was barley getting wet. He wondered if it would let up but he really didn't care, it was kinda fun getting caught in the rain.

Kenny smiled as he walked out the shop with the last bit of his shopping. He'd decided he needed new clothes and seeing as it was sunny he took the day off. Now he'd bought two pairs of shoes, one top, one jacket, two pairs of jeans and a belt. He was pretty happy with what he had and was looking forward to getting home and trying it on for the late shift when the clouds turned grey and the rain started pouring. He didn't want to get wet and he didn't want his brand new clothes soaked before he'd even worn them so he ran as fast as he could to the park and stood under a tree. Ken put his shopping by the trunk and saw there was already someone stood there. "Uh, hi. Hope you don't mind me being here." He didn't want to make a nuisance of himself. He just hoped the rain would clear up before he had to walk back. He didn't really want to use magic to get an umbrella. He wanted to try and live like a muggle.

Neiko watched as a someone else ran under the tree. He didn't mind, it wasn't like he owned it or anything, and it was raining so he could understand someone else finding refuge here. "Not at all, it's not so wet here." He smiled at the boy and wondered why he had been out "I'm Neiko by the way." He extended his hand to the boy, he looked to be around the same age as himself. The boy had some bags and it looked like he had been shopping. This made Neiko glad that he had decided not to follow through with his shopping spree. Neiko did hope for the other boys sake that it stopped raining soon. It would be hard to apparate with bags, and Neiko hated using magic for little things like this anyways.

Kenny smiled. "Thanks." He leaned against the tree and shook the guy's hand when he introduced himself. "Nice to meet you Neiko. I'm Kenny." Neiko seemed pretty cute. He looked slightly younger than Kenny and had an amazing face and body. Plus, his hair was completely fabulous. "Do you come from around this area??" He figured he might as well make conversation while they were both stuck here like this. Otherwise there would just be an awkward silence the whole time and that was one thing Kenny could not handle. At least he was good at making friends.

Neiko nodded, "No problem, nice to meet you too Kenny." Kenny was cute, he had natural blond hair as far as he could tell, and he was in good shape. He asked if he was from around the area, "Yeah I live just down there." He pointed in the direction he had been heading before it started raining. Neiko was glad that Kenny was making conversation. It would have been really boring just standing under that tree until the rain stopped. "What about you, do you live here?" Neiko hoped, so it was possible they could become friends, Antonio would like that. His older brother really worried about him, having only one friend and she was a girl.

Kenny shook his head. "No. I live in London. My parents live here though. I was just heading to their house to use the floo network. It's hard apparating with all these bags so I walk to their house and go home by fireplace." Kenny was glad he owned his own pub. It meant he could go on a break whenever he wanted. Plus, he trusted his second in command. They weren't friends outside of work but Kenny would happily trust him with the pub any day. It was a weird relationship they had but it suited Kenny fine. It meant he could focus all his friendship on Veronica, his longest and best friend.

Neiko nodded, if his parents lived here then he must come here quite a bit to visit. As long as his parents were better than his that is. "Oh, I've never been to London. I used to live in Italy but my brother and I moved here a few years ago." Neiko wondered if this rain would ever stop, he liked talking to Kenny, but he didn't want to stay under this tree for ever. "You visit your parents a lot?" Neiko asked just out of curiosity, he wanted to know if they could still be friends even if he didn't live here.

Kenny smiled. "You should come and visit my pub some time. It's a nice place and it's not bombarded with loads of football fans very often so there's never the normal noise of a pub. It's a peaceful place to be if you want a drink with friends." Kenny loved London and wouldn't want to move away for anything. "What's it like in Italy??" He'd never been there before and was wondering why everyone loved it so much. Kenny shook his head at Neiko's next question. "No. I don't like them. I just use the fireplace if I come here shopping. They're barely ever in so they'd never know."

Neiko's eye's lit up, Kenny was saying he should go see his pub sometime. That meant he was interested in seeing him again. "It sounds nice, that would be something fun to do one day." Neiko wondered if Tawny might want to go with him. He really wanted to do more with her too, now that she was back. "Italy is beautiful, and the food is great." Neiko loved his birth place, and he missed it a lot. It was the people there the kept him from coming back. Neiko found it weird that Kenny didn't like his parents. Neiko didn't like his but they had started that themselves. "Don't worry I don't like my parents either." Neiko looked over at the blond boy, he seemed nice enough, why would he not like his parents? Or what would give him reason too.

Kenny whipped his pad and pen out his back pocket and scribbled his phone number down on it. "If you ever feel like visiting just give me a call and I'll meet you somewhere so you can find the way easy enough." Kenny barely knew Neiko but he felt like he wanted to. He was a nice guy. "I've been to a few Italian restaurants and loved it. There's nothing like a good Italian meal." Italian had to be one of kenny's favourites along with Chinese. Ken frowned slightly when Neiko said he didn't like his parents. He couldn't see how someone so kind could not like their parents. Then again, Ken didn't like his. "How come?? If you don't mind me asking of course??"

Neiko's stomach was doing flips. He didn't even know if Kenny was gay but the idea of getting another guys phone number gave him chills. Neiko took the paper, folded it and put it in him pocket. "Yeah, it would be nice to see a new place." Neiko laughed about Kenny liking Italian, "It is good food, I love it." Neiko had grown up on traditional Italian meals and he still loved them. Then he had to ask why he didn't like his parents. Things seemed to be going well and he figured he might as well tell Kenny now, that way if he hated him they wouldn't be as close if he found out later. "Well," Neiko coughed a little, "The thing is, I'm gay." There he said it. "My parent's don't like that very much." He shrugged looking at the ground. Now all there was was to wait and see what Kenny said.

Kenny smiled, suddenly realising that he could stand a chance with the cute guy. Obviously he wanted to get to know him better first but he felt like he had a chance with him. It was a good feeling. Then he wiped the smile off his face when he realised he was smiling because the fact Neiko's parents didn't like that he was gay. "My parents are the same. When I told them they said I was being childish and I should grow up. I was sixteen. As far as I can see sixteen is mature enough to decide my sexuality." He shook his head at the thought of his parents. "What do your parents say about it??"

Neiko was shocked, he was gay too? But then his shock turned into glee. He like Kenny, but he thought nothing would ever happen. "I was 15, they said they knew they never should have let me be in dance. I tried to explain that wasn't why, and let's just say my dad didn't 'say' much after that." Neiko remembered how awful it had been. Antonio had tried to stop their dad but he just wasn't strong enough. So he had done the next best thing and took him out of the country. But the year he had to stay in Italy after coming out was awful. All the people a school found out and beat him up, then he had to come home to it. "But things are better here, I live with my brother and we're happy." He shrugged he didn't like to bring up the past, it was where it belonged the past.

Kenny felt sorry for Neiko. He guessed what he'd meant by didn't 'say' much but he didn't want to make the more kid elaborate or there would be the possibility of him crying on him. That was never a good thing when meeting a new person. "At least things are good now. What's your brother like??" A change of subject was a good idea. At least then the two of them wouldn't be commenting on the hate they have for their parents. It was a better was to spend there time. "It's good that you get along with your brother. Everyone always tells me I'm lucky to be an only child. I think I'd enjoy having a sibling but at the moment I get all the money from my parents and I wouldn't get the same if they had another child." He knew he was spoilt but he didn't act like a spoilt snob like his parents were. He'd never want to be like them. He just liked spending their money on clothes.

Neiko looked back up at Kenny, he had asked about his brother, and he was glad for the change of subject. "Tony is great, he home-schooled me. He's really smart, and he took care of me." Neiko smiled again thinking about Tony. He had quite a few faults like he couldn't cook, and he was awful with anything artistic. But he could teach really well, and could read a book faster than anyone he knew. The thing about Tony was he wasn't the typical smart guy, Tony was good at sports and he had tons of friends. He also wasn't obsessed with learning like some smart people. He was just a regular guy with a weird hobby. Neiko smiled at what Kenny said next, "I would hate to be and only child. But it sounds like it's working for you." Neiko didn't take Kenny as horribly spoiled, but if that money was available he couldn't see him not using it.

Kenny nodded. He was surprised his parents were actually still giving him any money at all. "It's weird that my parents still give me money but I'm guessing it's because they think I'm still a child so they think I need allowance or something." He shrugged. At least he was getting the money he wanted without any fuss. "Tony sounds like a great guy. I'll have to meet him some time. I'll need to congratulate him on the great job he's done with you." Kenny guessed it wasn't easy to raise a child. He'd never had to chance to try but there could be nothing easy about it. It was probably why mother's were always really moody and stressed out.

Neiko wondered if Kenny's parents had a guilt thing, it was possible that was why they were still giving him money, but Kenny knew his parent's better so Neiko decided to believe his theory. Neiko smiled when Kenny said he would have to meet Tony some time, "Yeah he's a great guy, and all I could ask for in a brother. He will be glad to meet you, I don't have many friends." He knew that was an understatement he hung out with Tony and his friends, and most of them were afraid of him. But it was better than staying home alone, and he always had Tawny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back