Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
ML ♡
Wand
Curved 16 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Wendall was lost and confused, all because Jenna had told him out of the blue that she didn't want to be his friend anymore. He'd thought about all the things he'd said, over the holidays and at her birthday party, or in the common room. Did he give her the wrong present? No matter what, he couldn't make any sense of it and it hurt him more than he thought it would. He'd never had someone he thought he could trust turn their back on him before, although before Hogwarts he'd not really had any people he could trust in the first place. He was content with the small group of friends he had made, but Jenna had been one of them too, and now she's turned her back on him and Wendall was struggling to put the pieces together. It was cold outside and the third year had to wrap up warm, heading outside to try and feel better about it. He didn't want to be angry but he was, and Wendall was kicking the stones near the lake, not knowing how to process his frustrations but hoping they'd just go away on their own.

Mary Lou had been back at the school for less than five minutes and already she wanted to leave. Everything on the train felt like a slap in the face and she couldn't help but wonder what it was that she'd done to deserve Luxen's ire. She tried to ignore it, unsure if that was what she should be doing, but having little choice in the matter since she couldn't do anything else. She had headed down to the kitchens pretty easy to make a fresh batch of cookies and cheer herself up. She hadn't gotten her robes cleaned yet, so she was dressed in one of her little pink dress with her matching pink bow. It was one of her favourites. She was going to have a little tea party picnic by herself at the lake so she could get away from everything. She didn't want the people to ask her what had happened on the train and so she was a little surprised when she was almost there and saw someone else had beaten her. She thought about turning around until she noticed it was Wendall. She liked Wendall and she wouldn't have to tell Wendall anything, so she was happy to be with him in silence if necessary. "Wendall!" She called out, continuing her walk. Maybe he could have a tea party with her. She had enough cookies for a couple of people and she always had enough sweet tea. "Hi Wendall, it's me, Mary Lou," she announced as she got closer so he would know. "Would you like to have a tea party with me?"

Chase couldn't believe it was already his third year, it felt like only yesterday he'd arrived as a fresh faced first year with no clue, though he still felt like that sometimes. The first days of a new semester were quiet and boring like every other year, most people were still unpacking and settling in which Chase with little to do, making him restless. Arihi was busy in the girls dorms out of Chase's reach so he decided to go off and search of someone or something else to occupy himself. He found himself walking out in the grounds and veering off toward the lake where he spotted a familiar face who didn't look too happy. Though he wasn't alone Chase decided he would join Wendall anyway, the girl he was with didn't exactly look like she'd tell him to go away after all. "Hey Wendall, good break?"

Wendall knew he had to not be angry all the time because he'd have classes with Jenna and he didn't want it to affect either of them, but for the time being he made little effort not to let his emotions consume him. He looked up when he heard his name, nervous that he was going to have to be nice again although really it would have taken a lot at the moment to be chatty. "Hi Mary Lou," he gave the Hufflepuff a small smile, glancing at what she'd brought with her. "Did you bring everything for a tea party right now?" he asked, wondering how she managed to come fully prepared. "I don't think I'll be a very good company though," especially if other people were coming to join her too. Wendall wasn't sure what he'd done to upset his old friend so how was he meant to know if he was upsetting the others he had? It wasn't long before another person joined him, although he hadn't expected to see Chase. Was he one of Mary Lou's friends too? He could imagine she would have lots of people that wanted to spend time with her. "Hello. Yes it was good. We moved house so I was in Brightstone a lot. Did you?" he asked his friend, knowing that over the break especially they hadn't really had a chance to speak. "Do you know Mary Lou?" he asked, wondering if he should do introductions.

Mary Lou smiled and waved back at Wendall as he greeted her, though it was clear something was wrong as he told her he didn't think he would be much for company. She walked closer to him and opened her little basket with her blanket it in. "I always come prepared, Wendall, always," she said, nodding to him as she began to set up. "Don't worry about not being good company, company is not measured by the conversational ability, but the bond between attendees!" She told him. She considered Wendall a good friend and she hoped that he considered her the same, but you never knew how someone else saw you, not really. She wondered what it would be like to always know what someone thought of you. She knew it was quite vain of her, but she did so wish and hope that everyone liked her. She didn't think she would feel very happy if she knew that all of her friends didn't like her. She knew that she wasn't supposed to wish for the approval of others and accept only that she was light, a child of the Lord, but still, she wanted to know people liked her. She couldn't escape it. She turned at the appearance of another boy, she didn't know this one though. He clearly knew Wendall and she waved at him. "Hi, we don't know each other. Would you like to join the tea party? You'd make three and I have plenty of sweet tea and cookies to share." She said, trying to make her offer as enticing as was humanly possible.​

Chase wasn't one to outright ask if Wendall was okay, he hoped that hanging out with the boy and his friend he would talk to them about what was troubling him if he felt comfortable doing so. "Break was fine, nothing special, you moved closer to Brightstone? That's awesome," Chase didn't get out to places like Brightstone or Obsidian harbour much during his break, he had only been able to visit the harbour to top up school supplies the week before the semester started. "I don't know Mary Lou, hi I'm Chase Warrick," He smiled at her. "Oh, yeah sure I'd love to join, what's sweet tea?"

Wendall smiled at Mary Lou, glad that she didn't seem too bothered by the fact he might not have been particularly chatty. Plus she was under the impression that they had a good bond, which he would agree with, despite the fact they'd only actually met on one other occasion albeit had been quite eye opening. "Then that would be nice" he smiled at the second year, glad that she didn't seem to retract her offer. "Yeah, we moved just outside Brightstone so I went in there a lot. Mervyn lives with us too. and his sister." there were a lot of people in the house, but at least he and Eluned were pretty small, and Wendall of course wasn't there all the time. He was glad when his friend introduced himself, although figured he could add a bit on to both, "Chase was one of the people that pulled me out of the hole in first year," he nodded to Mary Lou, though suddenly realising he may not have told her that story yet. "Mary Lou likes baking, and she's really good at deciphering badly drawn..drawings." he shrugged, letting the pair talk amongst themselves for a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back